The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Finally, with the DO discount, the bundle costs $42*0.5*0.8*0.85*0.7=$10 and you get a $15 credit for *any* DO item...
This probably isn't worth it if you're a serious sale chaser, unless you want any of the items in the bundle.

I didn't have the orange banner, so for me it would cost $11.56. This will give me a $15 credit usable on a single day, and what are the odds that any of the things I want will be on sale on that day? In fact, I assume Daz will intentionally avoid putting DOs on sale that day.

The math: suppose there's something I want whose list price is $21.40, so with the PC+ discount its effective list price is $15. If I buy the bundle even though I don't want anything in it just for the discount, then I spent $10-11 on the discount. On Monday I buy the item for free because its price is $15. So I ended up spending $10-11 on a $21 Daz original. This is the same price we would spend if the item were discounted to ~47-53% (including the PC+ discount). The range is because of the orange banner.

So, if you have DOs on your wishlist that don't ever get down to 50% off, it might be worth it for that item. But if they get down to 50% or better, you're not getting a deal (unless you want items from the bundle).

On the other hand, if you have a DO in your wishlist you really want to buy sooner rather than later, especially something that is a new release so it'll be a long time before it comes down in price, then it probably makes sense.

I really wish they would stop doing such complicated deals.

Reactions: OhWee and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
This probably isn't worth it if you're a serious sale chaser, unless you want any of the items in the bundle.

I didn't have the orange banner, so for me it would cost $11.56. This will give me a $15 credit usable on a single day, and what are the odds that any of the things I want will be on sale on that day? In fact, I assume Daz will intentionally avoid putting DOs on sale that day.

The math: suppose there's something I want whose list price is $21.40, so with the PC+ discount its effective list price is $15. If I buy the bundle even though I don't want anything in it just for the discount, then I spent $10-11 on the discount. On Monday I buy the item for free because its price is $15. So I ended up spending $10-11 on a $21 Daz original. This is the same price we would spend if the item were discounted to ~47-53% (including the PC+ discount). The range is because of the orange banner.

So, if you have DOs on your wishlist that don't ever get down to 50% off, it might be worth it for that item. But if they get down to 50% or better, you're not getting a deal (unless you want items from the bundle).

On the other hand, if you have a DO in your wishlist you really want to buy sooner rather than later, especially something that is a new release so it'll be a long time before it comes down in price, then it probably makes sense.

I really wish they would stop doing such complicated deals.
You are probably right and indeed I hesitate to buy the bundle. Except maybe the expression set (but it is 8.1 and I do not have so much 8.1 chars), nothing really interests me. Though it is very unlikely that no DO item will be on sale on a given day as there is always a "featured artists" section around 50% off and that almost all have some DO assets, the choice of DO items will definitely be limited. All these deals with some credit are definitely constrained by the concerned items and presently we do not know which they are.

Anyway, the extra bonus given by just picking free items is certainly a glitch that will probably be fixed as soon as the daz team wakes up. So if someone is interested by some assets in the bundle, it is an excellent deal and people should pick the bundle asap. If you find nothing interesting in the bundle, well it depends if you like gambling. There can be a (limited) gain, but it is not certain.

Reactions: glassware and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Dunno if they fixed it yet, but when I built my cart, simply putting the Oni bundle and the 'bonus' expression freebie in the cart dropped the 'discounted' price to $10. So $10 for a $15 credit next Monday is worth considering. Worst case, no DOs are on sale on Monday, so you can still get at least one, but probably some will be on sale for 65% or more so you should be able to squeeze at least two of them in unless their base price is huge...

I also threw in the PC+ quilted shaders vol 2 in my cart at $2.79, because who doesn't need more quilts!

Oni looks like an interesting substitute for George. George gets used in a lot of games...

I checked dealspotr, no new coupon codes that I can see, just the same ones from before.

Last edited:
Reactions: glassware

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Daz3D store: 70% off up to 5 items from a list of 20,000 using a coupon code, called the "build your own FastGrab" sale. (Most of the items on the list have no other discount except the 30% for Daz Originals for PC+, which does stack.)

70% is what most everything was discounted to for Memorial Day, so it's my general threshold for "maybe it's worth it". Consider searching by price high-to-low or %-off (with DazDeals plugin) to maximize your value or savings.

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
That's probably my biggest issue with Daz3D.com sales. I almost never consider or even look at Fast Grab/70% off these days, as I've seen higher discounts pop up on a lot of stuff. Some stuff may never fall below that '70% off' threshold, but most of it does eventually...

It's weird seeing only one sale on the Daz3D.com 'sale carousel'. They are being VERY careful to avoid sales stacking apparently.

I'd be good if Daz would drop their every day prices by say half and then have 25%-50% off discounts from there, at least it'd be more consistent. But since I know that most stuff will make an appearance in the $1.99 or less category eventually, it's hard to justify spending more for a lot of stuff, unless I need it in the short term.

I NEVER pay full price at Daz3D.com for anything, as I KNOW that it'll be discounted eventually. I"m sure there are people out there that do pay full price occasionally, but everything gets discounted in the Daz store eventually, so patience is key.

Of course, I'm not onboard the 'Genesis 8 or die' bandwagon, and am pretty content with loads of Genesis 3 stuff, which usually sees better discounts. More Genesis 8 stuff is getting deep discounts these days, but yeah. And I do still use early Genesis and occasionallly V4 era stuff, autofit helps, and as for props/environments, yeah there are Iray shaders for that that can really spruce things up as needed. But I'm not saying anything new here.

I don't mind spending more for stuff at Renderosity, though. I feel like they are more open, honest, and forthright with their sales, and of course a number of the Renderosity outfits are just sexier. It's just that 'why spend $5+ on something at Daz3D.com (average) if you know it'll be less than $3 (averaged) eventually if I just wait for a buy one get these things cheap/free sale or some such...

I do feel for newbies to the Daz3.com store. $1.99 sales aside, most of the sales these days have been pretty 'meh', and I haven't seen 95% or higher discounts on loads of stuff (so less than $1, sometimes as low as 9 cents, might as well be free at that point) in a long time. I just wish I had a higher Daz budget back then, I would have bought a lot more stuff, and I wish I had jumped on the discounted gift card bandwagon earlier, but nonetheless I'm pretty happy with my Daz library these days.

Anyways, I'm crying in my milk here, so back to today's Daz3D.com sale...

Unless you see something you really need, I'd suggest waiting for the weekend sale. It may or may not be better, but usually it is... do grab your daily freebie today though. The other (not plat) freebes are mostly old stuff, that you may never use, but they are free so might as well add them to your Daz store product library for later just in case... install them if you want, or not. I install everything, as my art whims are all over the place, but I get it if you don't think that you'll ever use Mixie or whatever.

Also, don't miss out on the 50% off Meipe sale over at Renderotica for your genital needs... and as amster22 pointed out, several other interesting sales going on over there atm...

9/5/21 is the cutoff for several of those sales so you snooze you lose!

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
... do grab your daily freebie today though.
Daz is becoming stingy on freebies. Today freebie is a cheap asset already discounted at $1.99 and you need a $25 purchase to get it. The purchase can be a gift card, and it is better that buying useless stuff, but with such a high buy-in, it is not worth IMO. There are regularly gift card sales and it is relatively easy to get 20% off a GC. Buying instead a full-price GC means that you will more or less pay the freebie 20% of the GC price, ie 5$ for a $25 GC. So if you intend to purchase for $25, grab the freebie, but otherwise, I would pass.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I already own said freebie, so I missed the fine print on that one amster22 , I saw the 'purchased' icon and promptly ignored the freebie text...

Yeah 'spend $25 to get freebie' isn't free...

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Funny banner at the top
Just another Daz "Fool me once" sale

"Enjoy 80% OFF any 3 Daz Originals with Coupon Code DAZSTUDIO80"

Before you get excited ...

It's 80% from the base price, no stacking, even not to the few reduced DO Items.

So yes, thank's for nothing.

It would be so easy to clarify this to the cusomers, but I think they simply don't want do this and hope for the customers stupidity.

Reactions: glassware

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
It's 80% from the base price, no stacking, even not to the few reduced DO Items. It would be so easy to clarify this to the cusomers, but I think they simply don't want do this and hope for the customers stupidity.
To be fair, the fine print under that deal does say "Does not stack with any other offer."

Also, 80% off is still $4 for a $20 list item, so it's a reasonable deal. Also, the same orange banner has a separate coupon code for "5 items for 70% off", like the "build your own fastgrab bundle" that's also still ongoing, except this one is a) storewide (except EmmaAndJordi) but b) doesn't stack. Except: at the moment it isn't actually working storewide. Seems it doesn't work on new items. Been reported in Daz forums, unclear if it's a glitch or intentional.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo until tuesday, a back-to-school sale with 50%/60%prime discounts.

Only ~100 items and all school related, but if your girls need a new uniform it may be worth a look.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a couple of quick notes on today's Daz3D.com sale.

19% off gift cards with the purchase of any new release, which should include new PC+ items. So the buy in isn't steep. If your gift card balance is low, this is better than nothing...

40% off PC+ memberships. No prereq that I can see. I haven't seen 50% off PC+ memberships in a bit, so if you are needing to renew, again 40% off is better than 0% off...

As for the rest of the sale, the buy steampunk bundle to get 1 select G8 starter bundle and 3 G3 starter bundles is still running. I already own all of the qualifying G3 starter bundles, so this sale is about useless to me, but perhaps it might be worth consideration for others, as the 'buy in' price isn't too bad. Also, some of you may have an orange banner in play to sweeten the deal.

The rest of today's sale is 'par for the course' for these sales. If there's something you need, the discounts aren't too horribly bad but of course check the sales history (Daz Deals plugin) to evaluate.

Otherwise, this sale isn't particularly notable, so nothing to get too excited about, unless your PC+ membership is about to expire or your store credit balance is running low.

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today is the last day for the Meipe 50% off sale at renderotica (for dicktator, golden palace and so on)

Just a side note for renderotica. Whenever you buy something, you get points that can be converted to discounts (5% of the purchase). Main problem: points vanish rapidly (1 month, I think) and if you do not purchase frequently at rotica (like me), you will loose them.
So, when I have several things to buy at rotica, I purchase all but the cheapest one. Them I buy the last item while immediately redeeming the points gained on the first purchase. Probably a similar effect can be obtained by first purchasing a gift certificate.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note for those that bought the Oni bundle last week, and have the $15 off any Daz Original coupon orange banner today...

At this moment, you CAN put multple DO's in your cart, it will apply the $15 against the total price of these. The coupon reads any Daz Original, which would suggest just one item, so don't let that throw you off.

Also, putting 2+ Daz Originals in your cart will increase the discount. I sorted by % off, and there were multiple 65% off DO items in my wishlist (also, choosing the 'sort by Plat Club coupon option brings these up quickly on your wishlist), which increased the discount to 72% off.

The rest of today's sale looks like a continuation of yesterday's sale, but I haven't looked it over closely as of yet. Mainly I was just checking the coupon. If you didn't buy the Oni bundle, this post mostly won't be relevant to you...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at daz3D a couple of good enough deals.
You can get two free recent chars (Coral8.1 and Yrsilla) for the purchase of 3 new releases You can get one new char (Yrsilla for genesis 8.1 and Coral 8.1) for the purchase of 3 new releases . With cheap PC+ assets, it can be interesting. (thanks Schlongborn for the clarification)
Many very cheap shaders (70% off the initial price, even for PC+ items)

And if you purchase for $35, you get a free candy (Wooohooow!!!!! Daz is really too generous).

Last edited:
  • Angry

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
amster22
The facepalm was for the 'free' candy. Not a fan of this 'it's free, but only if you spend money' thing. But then that mentality probably applies to most Daz sales (buy this bundle/new item, get this free thing).

Anyways, I agree on the cheap shaders. More shaders good!

So far, it looks like my store credit is safe until the PC+ sale kicks off in October...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
amster22
The facepalm was for the 'free' candy. Not a fan of this 'it's free, but only if you spend money' thing. But then that mentality probably applies to most Daz sales (buy this bundle/new item, get this free thing).

Anyways, I agree on the cheap shaders. More shaders good!

So far, it looks like my store credit is safe until the PC+ sale kicks off in October...
The "generosity" of daz probably deserve some sarcasm. They started with "free", then "free with any purchase", "free for any purchase above $5", then $25, $35... I really wonder if we will have "free for any purchase above $100" (or maybe $1000?) one day.

• Haha

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The "generosity" of daz probably deserve some sarcasm. They started with "free", then "free with any purchase", "free for any purchase above $5", then $25, $35... I really wonder if we will have "free for any purchase above $100" (or maybe $1000?) one day.

Makes me wonder how bad they might fuck up the PC+ fall sale this year, just sayin...

Thankfully, my Daz Library is pretty extensive at this point, but I feel for the newer shoppers.

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020

BTW, I was wrong about this, and I apologize if I put anyone off this deal that might have gotten something good with it. They did indeed put a bunch of Daz Originals on sale on Monday, and in fact there was a flash sale on DOs for 70% off right at the end of the day (although probably you wouldn't have saved your credit until that late, but who knows). My bad.

Just thought it was worth calling attention to the fact that maybe we're a little TOO cynical about this. Then again with the "free with $35/purchase" escalation y'all pointed out, maybe not.

• Haha

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Today at daz3D a couple of good enough deals.
You can get two free recent chars (Coral8.1 and Yrsilla) for the purchase of 3 new releases . With cheap PC+ assets, it can be interesting.
Many very cheap shaders (70% off the initial price, even for PC+ items)

And if you purchase for $35, you get a free candy (Woooooow!!!!! Daz is really too generous).
I don't think you get two free chars, only one. Its just that the free char is called "Yrsilla for Genesis 8.1 and Coral 8.1", which makes it seem like you're getting "Yrsilla for Genesis 8.1" and "Coral 8.1".

Reactions: OhWee and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so today's Daz3D.com sale has a 'buy this or that bundle, get a 20% off coupon for future purchases' thing going on. The bundle prices are rather steep, but I am curous as to whether you could apply this coupon to gift cards or memberships later on, say the next time that they go on sale...

Anyone heard anything? Not suggesting that people buy one of these bundles just to get the coupon, but curious minds may want to know...

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote