The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The coupon MORE-FOR-50 does not work for me. But the same code was posted here some months ago and I already used it in April or May. It may explain.

Just a remark on these coupons. The best way to use them is if you have a deal with a fixed discount ($x off).
For instance, assume that you have a deal: "Buy bundle X for $50 and get for free $50 worth of selected items".
So without the coupon you have $100 worth of items for $50.
If you apply the coupon, it will cost you 25$, BUT the $50 off is not discounted while the price of the items is. So for $25 you get the bundle X (worth $50) and $50 worth of items discounted at 50%, that is effectively $100 worth of items. Finally you get $150 worth of items for $25, instead of $100 worth of items for $50.
Of course, this is just math and you must also be interested by the bundle and the selected items, but that is a different problem.

Anyway, do not rush to use the coupon. It seems to work for several months and will probably continue to work. Wait until you find a very interesting deal.

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today deal at daz3D is rather good. You have to buy a bundle (Heist) to get another free bundle.
The Heist bundle is well priced. The bundle price is just ~30% of the total price of its 5 items ($30/$95), while for many bundles it is (now) closer to 60% (for instance for Victoria 8.1 (University), the bundle price is $150 while the total price of the 10 items is $240 (and Victoria is clearly overpriced)). You get 50% off for the new&PC+ discount and you can get an extra 10% on the bundle with the purchase of any DO item (and some are as cheap as $.99). Meaning that for ~$14, you can get a bundle with 5 items, a cheap DO item, and a free bundle with 5 to 9 items, with a final price of ~$1 per item.
Of course, if no item interests you, it is by far too expensive, but otherwise, it better than most recent daz deals.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I think that today's sale has been reworked. When I went to the sale page, the heist bundle page was missing (oops message). Refreshing the sale page fixed this, but the bundle is showing as $19.44 in my cart (69% off). I have an orange banner in play that supposedly gives me an extra 30% off the bundle, plus the extra 10% off for having a DO in the cart. So this tracks (51% off + add'l 30% off + add'l 10% off). Also, my selection of 'get free bundles' only has 11 choices, the most expensive one showing at $74 on the sales page, and I own all or part of most of these...

The free bundle offer also has a coupon code, so this'll coupon block other coupons.

Just giving y'all a heads up. Still not a bad deal, just not as good as before. Yet another example of 'you snooze you lose' I guess...

Check your store message inbox btw. The Blender Compatible coupon should be there, and also another coupon for Maya compatible items.

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
That is weird. On the main page, the bundle is indicated as --3%off (that is +3%!!) instead of -51% as it should be. This will probably be fixed if they want to avoid a (virtual) riot.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
My orange banner discount on the bundle was only 20%, so YMMV. However, just adding the free bundle was enough to get the extra 10% off the Heist Bundle, for a total of 65% off.

Reactions: glassware and OhWee

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Not that I want any of these ....

The bundle was at 16.xx first time I checked.
The "free" bundle didn't work with it, tried it with the 7x$ animation bundle.
Why should it, nobody said you'll get what we promised. We are Daz!

It's amazing how the sales team and the daz software fucked it up.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Flash sale on weapons of war related stuff. Note that this includes a variety of stuff, from Zombie Apocalypse cars to Viking boats and a bunch of other themes.

70% off (79% off for DOs) if you buy four with a new release over $5. That being said, a lot of these items have popped up as $1.99 PC+ for a day items if I'm remembering correctly, so it's a judgement call.

I'd say if there's something you need right now it's worth considering, otherwise it might be better to hold off for the Annual PC+ sale maybe... no guarantees, although this is mostly Genesis 3 era and earlier (some G8 era) so odds are good it'll go on sale again...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Nothing interesting at daz, except an overpriced bundle.

Time to have a look at renderosity where there are several "bargain bins" with articles discounted by 60% or 70%. Today and tomorrow this concerns DM, ShaaraMuse3D and Seven, and yesterday and today Christophe3D (aka Powerage).

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A new bunch of 1500 items discounted at 50%/60% prime at renderosity. Most are recent. Lasts until sunday 23:59 CDT

Reactions: glassware and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Several offers at daz3D. Some are terrible, most decent, but not so good.
But do not miss the "clearance" items at $2.99. There are 3600 cloths. None are really recent, but half of them are g3 or g2, and you can find interesting non-DO items at 75-85% off.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hey guys, just double checking my memory here.

Lately, I've been glancing at the Daz Deals sales graphs on various product pages. A few of those products I recall being in $1.99 PC+ for a day sales, but the graphs aren't going that low. There are other products that do show $1.99 or less, but several ones that I keep passing on as I find more interesting stuff and have a budget... anyways, it just seems to me that some of the graph numbers/low points have went up on the Daz Deals graphs.

Am I imagining things?

Also, amster22 and others, thanks for keeping us up to date on the sales. I've been focused on other things... so I do particularly appreciate your call outs this week!

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Lately, I've been glancing at the Daz Deals sales graphs on various product pages. A few of those products I recall being in $1.99 PC+ for a day sales, but the graphs aren't going that low.
No idea, but just in case: Daz Deals has a setting for how far back the graphs go, make sure you have it set to the longer time period.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
No idea, but just in case: Daz Deals has a setting for how far back the graphs go, make sure you have it set to the longer time period.
This may be an explanation.

But I really do not know how daz-deals memorize the prices. I know they register the lowest PC+ price every day.
But if you have an offer say "$3.99 or $1.99 with a new release", do their robot register $3.99 or $1.99?
Ditto if you have "get 3 items for $1.99 each with coupon BLABLA". Do they register $1.99 or the original price?
Or "get these items at $1.99 if you buy or own 'caesar 8'".
Etc.
Daz can be very creative in their sales and it can probably easily fool the daz deal robot.

There is a full thread on daz-deals in the daz forums and the developers are very active. If you have a precise example where the price is misregistered, maybe you can ask there.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at daz3D.
You can get 80% off one product in a large set (24k) with coupon ONE4ME and 75% off 3 products with coupon SAVEON3 & a new release.

There will be flash sales all day long with a 60%/70%PC+ discount and it changes every 2 hours.
Presently it is Soto, Orestes, etc
And if you want a preview of upcoming flash sales, just increment the last number etc.
EDIT: The discount seems variable (presently 75% for everybody) and a coupon code may be required. Check on the daz page.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
There's a couple of new 60-70% off sales at Renderosity, featuring 1971s and Pamawo. Both sales run through 11:59PM Tuesday Tennessee USA time...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
But I really do not know how daz-deals memorize the prices. I know they register the lowest PC+ price every day.
But if you have an offer say "$3.99 or $1.99 with a new release", do their robot register $3.99 or $1.99?
Ditto if you have "get 3 items for $1.99 each with coupon BLABLA". Do they register $1.99 or the original price?
Or "get these items at $1.99 if you buy or own 'caesar 8'".
Yeah, FWIW the Daz Deals historical price doesn't reflect any of this stuff, just the actual listed price in the store for the item without any special deals.

BTW the ONE4ME coupon doesn't stack, if something is discounted already the coupon makes it 80% of the full price, not the sale price.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. 60-80% off for plants (only plants and landscapes and to get 80%, you need to buy 10).
EDIT: It seems to be again a sale with rapidly changing thematic. Now it is houses, then animals, apartments, horses, and then all these items together. So if you are interested by some of them, at the end it will be much easier to have 10 items (if the discount mechanism is unchanged).

Also notable, "clearance" items at $3.99/$2.99PC+ with many recent items

At renderosity, most fefecoolyellow great outfits at 60-70% off

Last edited:

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Surprise, yet another "Flash Sale"

No items I've in the wish list or I would consider to be buyable.

But 60% or 70% with a new release. Hurray.

These every day flash sales with mostly crap are getting ridiculous.

*yawn*

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so I was exploring today's mega bundle sale. It has a bunch of pirate-y kinda items in the mega bundle, honestly I have a lot of pirate-y stuff already but the $30 off in each of seven categories was worth playing cart jenga with at least.

So the cart is sitting at around $100 with the three addons for the extra discount, 'cuz you know that hitting exactly $30 is kinda hard so there's generally a bit of overage here. Tried the 50% off orders over $50 coupon (that I used before) no joy, tried a bunch of other codes from various coupon sites (googled daz3d coupons).

I FINALLY found an interesting code:
FORTY-FOR-ME

40% off storewide minimum $30.

Tried adding a gift card, didn't take, but it did help with the rest of the order, dropping the price below $60...

ALSO, note that the 40% off applies to each of the seven categories, so you can squeeze more stuff into that $30 off per category... so that's $50 per category instead of $30 if my math is correct.

If you haven't used the
MORE-FOR-50
(50% off over $50) yet, this might be a good time.

Here's where I found the coupon codes:

I'd suggest throwing in any old item to test the coupon(s) first, to avoid potential disappointment later. Also, no additional joy for clearance items, still $2.99... does seem to help with the latest flash sale though.

Anyways, if either coupon code will work for you, this completely changes the calculations on the maega bundle sale, at least for me, so if you have the spare cash or store credit, and if either of the above codes will work for you, now might be good time to play cart jenga...

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and amster22
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote