The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Blink sale (maybe that means 2 hours only, vs 4 for flash sales?) just started. Limited selection of artists. Includes some Stonemason products cheaper than ever before in the Daz Deals history (though they could have been cheaper in more complex deals not reflected in that history, like this deal itself).

50% off 1, 60% off 2, 70% off 3, 75% off 4+, so that 75% off makes it worth looking for me. Around 1000 items, no stacking discounts (except the ~70 Daz Originals are 30% off if you're PC+). More than half of items are G8+G3.

(I say "no stacking discounts" because when I first visited the page, literally everything was undiscounted (except Daz Originals). It's harder to tell now that they updated the store to show 50% off by default.)

I normally don't consider standard bundle deals worth an F95 post, but this one seems a little odd. I'd think it was a bug, but the marketing text and the in-store cart behavior match so I guess it's intentional?

Today, if you buy or own the High Seas bundle [...]. Note, I said the High Seas bundle, not the Scallywag bundle. So if you already bought the High Seas bundle previously, you can get a bunch of free stuff today. (You don't get anything extra for buying the Scallywag bundle.)
It turns out this WAS a bug, and it's been changed so now you get those items with the Scallywag bundle, and no bonus for High Seas.

1627489428125.png

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and amster22

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Honey found a 25%-off coupon code that stacked with this sale for me: "20-5". That's it, that's the coupon code.

Don't know what the requirements are for it, but this purchase was for 8 items at about $60 before the coupon code. (Doesn't apply to gift cards though.) It probably stacks with anything already on sale, and the featured artists sale is 60-65% today, so it's good with that. As always you may want to save it for a big purchase, but we don't know how long it's good for. :(

(I'm double-posting so people who already saw the previous post don't miss this update. Is that reasonable etiquette here? It's hard to remember the double-posting rules across multiple forums.)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I got an orange banner proposing to buy a g8.1 bundle to get 40-50% on 1-2 other g8.1 bundles and to just pay for the missing items. I tried.
The discount on other bundles is not interesting, but I got a the v8.1 loving life bundle for $.82 (yes, not a typo less than $1) while I only had a couple of items besides Victoria in it.
The discount is supposed to apply only to selected recipeints, but this is obviously a glitch and who knows...

Reactions: glassware

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I got an orange banner proposing to buy a g8.1 bundle to get 40-50% on 1-2 other g8.1 bundles and to just pay for the missing items. I tried.
The discount on other bundles is not interesting, but I got a the v8.1 loving life bundle for $.82 (yes, not a typo less than $1) while I only had a couple of items besides Victoria in it.
The discount is supposed to apply only to selected recipeints, but this is obviously a glitch and who knows...
Nice find! I got the orange banner too, but hadn't looked in detail because I wasn't really interested in any of the bundles at the official discount.

Only one of the bundles glitched for me. I had one or two of the items from a lot of the bundles but didn't get a glitchy discount. Only the Victoria bundle I had half the items from. Maybe it's only Victoria, maybe you have to have a lot of the items already.

1627503331636.png

I didn't even stop to check if I wanted anything from that bundle, just checked out immediately in case they fix the glitch.

Also, the blink sale has changed to a new set of items (it already changed once earlier, I'm not going to update every time it changes).

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Final Blink sale: all previous blink sale products (about 3000), 75% for 4+, runs until Daz midnight (about 5 1/2 hours from when this was posted).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It's a Christmas in July sale at daz. This page has a bunch of items for 75% off (even more for the PC+ items):

Its a mix of older and newer stuff, but if you are looking for some Christmas outfits ans such for later on this year, it's a thought maybe... after checking against the Daz Deals graph of course to see the 'baseline' discount history, before coupons and such.

Rest of the 'Wartime Christmas' sale here:

Another freebie is included in today's sale of course (new freebie every day this week according to sale language), and 60% off various items (65% off with new release). Items from 100+ of the Artist Stores are included in today's sale. Only a handful of featured artists have their entire stores on sale though.

I haven't tried stacking this with the aforementioned Honey coupon yet, I'm working on firing off my other monthly PC+ coupon off atm.
Edit: so far, the Honey coupon mentioned above isn't applying for me. Maybe it'll work for others though:
Coupon code mentioned above:
20-5

The 'get an extra 3% off tomorrow if you buy $30 or more of stuff today' thingie is also back today too.

If you own some of the items in the warplane bundle, you should see a related 'extra% off' offer in your inbox.

Anyways, not a fan of this 'buy stuff now for higher discount later', but that's Daz3d.com sales for ya!

65% off is normally not enough to get me to move on a sale, but if there's something that normally doesn't go on sale, maybe... I'm not seeing any stacking discounts in play in the '60% off 15,000 items' category, other than the DO discount (72% off) of course, and the additional discount (65% off instead of 60% off) for including a new release.

Still a bunch of items on sale for $1.99 as well, as I mentioned earlier, sorting the main store page by low to high, after hiding the PC+ items should allow you to see all of these fairly easily. I"m still seeing multiple pages of these in my 'low to high' sorting option.

If anyone spots any decent deals, of course feel free to call them out!
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: glassware

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
skins at -60% is a fucking steal.
At that price even as a pirate I have to give few bucks goddam it.
If you don't know which one, is a (very) good one.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
DAZ 10$ Characters:
DAZ 5$ HD Addons:

Today's freebie:

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a couple of notes about today's Daz3D.com sale...

15% off gift cards with the purchase of any new release. By far not the best deal, but if your gift card/store credit balance is running low, it's better than 0% off...

Also, the five freebies from earlier in the week have returned, so if you missed them earlier, make sure to grab them today.

Rest of the sale looks kinda 'meh' to me, but others may spot something I'm missing here...

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Rest of the sale looks kinda 'meh' to me, but others may spot something I'm missing here...
The whole "Xmas in July" was meh. Today included.
The only part worth a look are the "clearance items" at $2.99. They are very numerous (1000+), but most are just collected from previous "clearance" sales that were at $1.99 or very old items normally sold at $5 (and I even noticed a couple of previously free items!). But there are several new, previously undiscounted items that may be interesting.

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Really nothing interesting at daz3D IMHO.

Just a trick that I noticed and that may interest you.
The "featured artist" is at 50% and 60% "for any purchase over $0.01". I experimented with a $1 gift card and this triggers the extra discount!! Maybe worth remembering. Note that this obliges you to pay with "cash" and that you loose the potential gift card discount :(.

A bit more interesting at renderosity. 60 or 70% off many chars by Luna3D
And if you have some time to lose there is a large a large discount of V4/M4 items (55%/65% for prime). Probably some interesting deals, but you have to dig into 1000+ items.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Flash Sale at Daz, , all at least 60% off, 65% off for 2-3, 68% off for 4+.

Reactions: amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note for those of you that may be fairly new to the Daz3D.com store and this thread.

October is just around the corner, which is when Daz3D.com generally kicks off the annual PC+ sale. IMHO some of the best deals of the year have popped up around this time, although as I've noted before the Daz3D.com sales team has IMHO scaled back a number of sales lately.

I mention this should you be looking at grabbing stuff right now. You've heard a few of us use the term 'meh' when describing recent sales. Certainly, if you are trying to acquire assets legally and there is something you need right now for your game, VN, or whatever, that's on sale for 50% or more, that's a consideration, but otherwise I'd personally suggest a 'wait for a better offer' strategy.

That's not to say that really good deals won't pop up between now and October, so if you see people mentioning a particular deal in a very positive manner, of course look it over. Also, if you don't have the Daz Deals plugin for your browser, as a few of us have pointed out before it's quite helpful when you are wondering how often an item might go on sale and for how much it generally gets discounted (before additional coupons, stacking discounts, etc.).

And again, watch here closely for when we mention gift card discounts. If we use the words 'decent discount' or 'really good deal' definitely give it a look. If you shop at the Daz store regularly, you really should be grabbing gift cards when they go on sale for decent discounts, as this discount will translate to better deals on stuff you want down the road. I.E. if you buy say a 25% off gift card, this essentially means that you'll be buying Daz products at an extra 25% off until you deplete that balance.

With October just around the corner, it might helpful to your Daz budget to bank some store credit via gift cards between now and October... when the gift card deals make sense that is!

Also, watch for when we call out good deals on PC+ memberships. If you spend say more than $100 a year at Daz3D.com, it's definitely worth considering, and if you spend $200 or more in a year, it's pretty much a no brainer for most of us around here. You can 'renew early' at any time, and this essentially adds an extra year to your expiration date for the annual membership, FYI.

I'm still not a fan of this whole season pass thing, and I'm hoping that it dies quietly, but enough people are onboard with the hype that it's probably gonna stick around for a while. It's not worth it to me as I've already built up a pretty extensive Daz library at this point, and now have a $2/item or less target for most of my Daz purchases at this point. but maybe it might be useful to someone that has a lot of cash to burn and a tiny Daz library...

Renderosity is a lot more predictable with their sales, at least as far as the discounts typically offered and more importantly they list end dates for their sales, hence why we don't talk about Renderosity as much. There's a lot of cool stuff on Renderosity though, so yeah it's worth a looksee every now and then.

As for the other stores, yeah I like hearing more about those stores, but they aren't mentioned very often around here. Render Hub in particular, I really should start shopping there occasionally, but I have no idea how often and for how much off thier sales are. A lot of their stuff is too expensive for my blood, but there are items that are closer to my comfort zone at least:

I do really appreciate it when people find coupon deals via Honey or wherever, so please keep pointing those out. They don't always work for me personally, but I've saved a not insignificant amount of dough thanks to people calling out these deals.

I'm rambling, mainly I just wanted to give you 'newbies' to Daz3D.com a heads up about the upcoming PC+ sale in October. And also thank everyone that has called out various deals as they spot them, and also those that take the time to 'translate' various discount stacking deals and such.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. 80% off 3 items with a new release. No coupon required, ~10k items concerned

Edit: Do not forget to use your August PC+ coupon.

Last edited:

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I'm not going to browse through 10k items to find some items I like or some of the 300 items I have in my wish list.

As long as the store software is not able to sort it by types like clothes, expressions, scenes (and so on, you get it) and or more important my wish list .... daz will have to live without my money, even they throw around "FLASH SALES" every day (oh wait, they already do this).

And if the daz staff thinks that's a good way to lure people in buying more items they don't need ....
For me it's the opposite.

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I'm not going to browse through 10k items to find some items I like or some of the 300 items I have in my wish list.

As long as the store software is not able to sort it by types like clothes, expressions, scenes (and so on, you get it) and or more important my wish list .... daz will have to live without my money, even they throw around "FLASH SALES" every day (oh wait, they already do this).

And if the daz staff thinks that's a good way to lure people in buying more items they don't need ....
For me it's the opposite.
Daz is indeed terrible in terms of UI. The search function has been slightly improved, but it still lacks many features. The site means to filter a list are completely useless and there is no way on the site to restrain by wishlist.
Fortunately an angry customer has made a browser addon called daz-deals that adds many useful features. For instance, it is possible to restrain a list to wishlisted items. Or to sort any list of items by discount high to low. It also gives on every page a graphic with the price evolution in the last year, an access to the product readme, links to references to the product in the forums or gallery, etc. An almost must-have extension not to get crazy while browsing daz site. It works very well, though you may occasionally have to reload the page to see the extra features of daz-deals.
There is a full thread on this extension in the daz forums or you can just ask google 'daz-deals' to get the download page for your favorite browser.

Reactions: tk99

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So today's Daz3D.com sale...

It's a bit of a mixed bag. If the bundles or mega bundle interest you, then perhaps the additional discounts on other stuff, and extra discount on future items may interest you. And in fact, say if you go for the mega bundle to get the extra 70% off, some of those items are featured PA's, so that's 50% off, so that'll bump you to 85% off for those items If my math is correct. Also, you may have an orange banner for an extra % off of the bundles (say extra 10% off)...

To me though, the 'buy in' looks rather steep. YMMV.

The notable deal today is 22% off gift cards over $200.01, with no prereq. If your gift card/store credit balance is running low, it might be worthwhile to recharge your balance a bit. Of course, we've seen better discounts, but if your credit balance is low, and there's stuff you want... Just remember to buy the gift card separately, that way you can take advantage of that '22% off' right away.

30% off PC+ memberships is also 'meh' but if you see a lot of stuff you want right now and you aren't PC+ yet, well it's better than full price I suppose. But if you can hold off for a better deal... no guarantees though! 40% off PC+ annual memberships has happened often enough, and 50% off PC+ memberships used to happen almost monthly until fairly recently, but the question is will we see a better PC+ membership discount between now and October... if your PC+ membership isn't due to expire for a bit, probably best to hold off for a better deal.

Others may spot stuff I'm missing, feel free to call out what you find!

Now would be an awesome time for a mystery coupon (for the gift card thing...).

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
It's a bit of a mixed bag. If the bundles or mega bundle interest you, then perhaps the additional discounts on other stuff, and extra discount on future items may interest you. And in fact, say if you go for the mega bundle to get the extra 70% off, some of those items are featured PA's, so that's 50% off, so that'll bump you to 85% off for those items If my math is correct. Also, you may have an orange banner for an extra % off of the bundles (say extra 10% off)...
There are some insane discount stacking with yesterday deals. You could get yesterday 75% off some items and today you can get an extra 70% off these items. This makes 92% off, with for instance some of the fantastic Stomemason bundles for $5 instead of $60. The only small problem is that the buy-in is also insane around $100, and you must really be a fan of underseas and sci-fi to enjoy it.

Daz deals are more and more complex, indeed. Today you can get 70% off some non-DO items, 80% off DO items, a free HD addon, 80% off Coral addons, $60 worth coupons to use later, discounts on Zale bundles, and maybe other advantages that I missed. It makes me think of this street vendors' gab that added to your bag tons of cheap knock-off for free to persuade you to buy some expensive overpriced useless item.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Fortunately an angry customer has made a browser addon called daz-deals that adds many useful features

Have been using it for some time but it's terrible slow. And, if I remember correctly, to use all features you have to give them your daz login. And that's a "no, never".

Reactions: oaiki

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Some news from rendo. They have a "bargain bin" where some items from a couple of artists are discounted 60% and 70% off during two days.
Today there are discounted items by Rhiannon and (less interesting IMO) Renapd. Yesterday (and it finishes today), that was Flink and EdArt3D.
Note that they are regular items and if you are prime you can use on top of it the 20% coupon PRIME2021AUGP20B5 which would make a very interesting discount for rendo (haven't tried the coupon, but I think it should work...).

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote