The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
No deal, just a rant

"Join Jay Versluis in an Exclusive Live Webinar

The talented Jay Versluis has joined us for the Season Pass 2 and is hosting a live webinar"

Only for Season Pass 2 members.

Yeah, thanks but no thanks.
Jay did many good videos about Daz and 3d in general, but in the last 6+ months he likes talking even more.
Looks like daz is paying him good.

I'm happy for him, but if I check the Season Pass 2 perks even with 20 hours of Jay's drivel included I still say no thanks.

Looking back at the latest so called "Sales" I don't expect much from the coming anniversary sales.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I actually don't mind the 'meh' sales lately. I'd like my gift card/store credit balance to last me at least through the annual PC+ sale. I think I'll end up needing to grab another gift card between now and the end of the year though...

The numerous $1.99 PC+ for a day sales really put a dent in my current store credit balance . I'm kind of done buying new bundles (I like Genesis 3, the luddite that I am, as a lot of the fanart themed work that I do is G3 based, so 8.1 simply doesn't interest me), but yeah my wishlist is still huge. It's mostly 'welll if it goes on sale for cheap' kinda stuff, but still...

The clearance sale that's been running for the last couple of days (99 cent items), hasn't interested me at all. If there are people out there that want to do a 'retro' style game, it might be worth a look, but all of the items look like they are V3 era or older, and I very rarely go that far back into my Daz library.

But the Daz sales team does still occasionally spring awesome deals on us, so they keep pulling us back in...

That being said, yeah I do agree with the 'more conservative sales strategy' sentiment that others have expressed.

I do ask that we not go overboard with the ranting in this thread though. The goal here is to point out awesome deals, not cry in our milk all the time...

Last edited:
Reactions: glassware and oaiki

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
But the Daz sales team does still occasionally spring awesome deals on us, so they keep pulling us back in...
These times have decreased from once a month to ... once every three months?

They are busy promoting Seasons Pass, NFT and diversity.
My wish list has over 300 items now. None of them have been in an interesting sale.
To be fair, most of them are quite new and from well known PAs, so they will not show up in a "we have 10 year old assets here, lets put them on sale".

That being said, yeah I do agree with the 'more conservative sales strategy' sentiment that others have expressed.

I do ask that we not go overboard with the ranting in this thread though. The goal here is to point out awesome deals, not cry in our milk all the time...
You are right, sorry for my last and this post.
But as people ask "Is PC+ worth the money" I think it belongs here too.
12 month ago I would have said "Yes!".
Can't say this in the last 6 months.

I think it's time for me to move on to rendo or other sites, or make my own models.

So .. sorry for the rant, I'll stick with "amazing deals" from now on.

And thank you for your posts.

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
tk99

I don't mind occasional ranting in this thread, I'm guilty of it myself. I just find it helpful to 'nudge' people back on topic every now and then.

As I've said before, if you aren't spending a lot of money a Daz3D.com these days, PC+ may not be worth it. I'm still in the 'over several hundred a year' bracket though, so it's still worth it to me. All of those extra discounts that PC+ members get, both directly via Daz Orignals and Plat Club items, and the extra discounts we see in some sales, while it can be a bit nebulous to quantify, it's still significant. That being said, 40% off PC+ memberships is normally my absolute cutoff, but 50% off has always been my goal. No one should pay full price for PC+ memberships if they can help it.

Admittedly, the PC+ freebies have been more meh than usual, but we ARE still seeing new freebies in the weekly cue. I may end up using maybe 10% of them at some point, so that's not a major selling point for PC+ for me, it's the discounts and monthly coupons that I get by far the most use out of.

The Daz3D.com moderators are rather heavy handed these days (so heavy handed that Catherine actually took the time to delete all of her responses in various threads, and the associated freebies links), so people should be able to point stuff out here since we sometimes can't do it there.

I post in the Daz3D.com forums only very occasionally these days due to the bad taste in my mouth r.e. overzealous moderators.

Just stay positive when you can is what I'm tryng to say. Sometimes the Daz3D.com sales team does really boneheaded things though, so yeah...

Reactions: tk99 and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A couple of noticeable proposals at rendo

A large number of items are at 50%/60% prime off (ends on sunday 8th).
~1500 assets are concerned. Most are recent chars or clothing and it includes the usual suspects like Lilflame, Rhiannon, Kaleya, etc, but also artists rarely seen on sale like RudyStudio and his kinky undies, some envs, etc.

All the store of Dreamlandmodels is at 70%off until wednesday 11th.
Somehow specialized in houses exteriors or complete cities.

Reactions: OhWee and tk99

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at daz3D, almost all the store is at 50%.
Not very interesting indeed and daz can do much better. The only potential interest is that it opens the opportunity of stacking discounts.
I did not find real stacking possibilities and daz software now seems to carefully avoid all stacking, but you may be luckier that me.

The only noticeable exception is the 'Agma' offer a couple of days ago. It is a char bundle with expressions and tattoos that is not very expensive (~$16 for PC+). And you can have 5$ off items in 4 categories. In general this kind of offer is not very interesting if the items are not discounted, especially if the rebate is as low as $5 as most items are much more expensive. But with items at 50% off, you can find assets around $5 that become free with the rebate and it may be worth a look.

Reactions: OhWee

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Flash sales at Daz3D all day today. First one is one of those 50% off, 60% for 2, 65% for 3, 68% for 4 things for a few specific vendors, so probably that's the format all day. Current list is . I'm not going to bother posting more when the sales update, but expect new sales every 4 hours or so.

Reactions: OhWee and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I thought about posing 'So there's another Daz sale today...' with no commentary, but decided that wouldn't be very helpful.

Wake me up when the real deals show up!

The 68% off flash sales are better than nothing of course (thanks for posting the heads up on these y'all!), and if there's something you need right now that's on sale, of course that's a judgement call. But I'm happy about the lull is all I'm saying.

Gotta actually use some of that stuff I bought at some point...

Less time shopping = more time setting up renders!

This might be a good time to hunt down some more freebies instead, and otherwise enjoy the lull. See the Free Stuff for Daz3D thread for ideas... Maybe check out the recently revamped Free HDRIs, Models, Textures... that's more of a Free Stuff thread thing, but still, worth a look if you haven't been there lately...

Just something to distract you while you are waiting on that next render to finish baking...

I'm not currently a Renderosity Prime member (taking a breather) so I'm not sure how the 70% off sale mentioned earlier ties in r.e. prime items. Probably some good deals there, and 70% off is a rather good deal as far as Renderosity is concerned. It's worth a looksee at least!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So today's hair sale involves hair apparently. You can get extra discounts on hair if you buy a featured new release, or if you buy two you can get a free hair item.

That's not the thing I find most interesting. Some of you should see say an extra 20% off blender compatible items in your Daz store inbox, and/or and orange banner to that effect. I'm seeing some already discounted items in the list, so say if the item was a 65% off DO item, that'd boost the discount to 72% off. So not a whole lot, but every little bit helps. There's an associated coupon code though, so this'll block your PC+ coupons if you were thinking about using those.

Anyways, I think that the buy in for the free hair item is a bit steep, but others may see stuff they want in the featured new releases so to each their own.

Thanks again for the heads up on the 70% off Rendrosity sales. I ended up snagging a couple of things that I'll be using in FmF and in my fanart stuff...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
We've seen Daz3D gift cards on sale for 25% relatively recently, so this may not be that interesting:

Flash sale on gift cards for PC+ members only. 22% off for $300+, less savings for lower values. Additionally, 10 free Genesis 3 items (fewer for gift cards under $300) from a list of about 1500 Daz Originals, which might push it into interesting territory for you.

I already own so many of the listed items I'm not sure it's useful to me, but don't forget you can sort the list from high price to low price to see the most valuable items you can get free, though historical pricing may vary. I see a lot of G3 outfits you can try fitting to G8, and also a bunch of Ironman13 environments that should be pretty current (that is, they're Iray, even if they may not be quite as detailed as newer environments).

Should be going on for seven hours after this was posted if their end time is correct.

(Beaten to it, but leaving this up since it adds a few details.)

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for the heads up guys!

I'd recommend going with the absolute minimum ($301), that'll translate to $234.78 (plus tax maybe). Maybe go for the maximum ($500) if your store credit balance is low and you thnk you'll be spending a lot between now and say November...

Assuming that you could eventually get most of the G3 era items in a $1.99 sale, that translates to around $20 or more for the 10 items. I looked at one of the items and it didn't have a $1.99 entry on the Daz Deals graph though, just $3.65...

Anyways, that translates to 29% or more off sorta kinda, so yeah it changes the calculation a bit, IF you see 10 items that you want. I still have a pretty long G3 era wishlist, so I have dozens to choose from, so this looks like an interesting deal to me, plus I was looking for an opportunty to pad my Daz store credit balance a bit...

We may see a better deal on Gift cards between now and October, but I'm not optimistic. This'd be a great time for a mystery coupon from Facebook or Honey or whatever to be floating out there somewhere. Anyone seeing one of those anywhere?

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
There are actually two gift card sales going on at the moment, and they do stack. So you can get get 30% off a gift card, but you have to add three additional products from the other sale to get the additional 10% on the gift card. Can be worth it if you're getting a +300$ gift card (essentially you get some additional new products for "free").

EDIT: and you get one addtional free productfrom the other sale as well.

Reactions: OhWee and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hmmm, for reasons I do not understand, instead of 29.8% off I'm seeing 28% off in my cart if I try to stack the gift card sales at $301. If I go for the maximum ($500) it boosts to 30% off... another wtf Daz store moment...

Also, the minimum buy in for the supposedly extra 10% off is around $25.91, so this is about 'break even', which means you should ask yourself the question 'shouldn't I have just bought these items with my discounted store credit?'. It's almost like getting those items for free though (you'd end up spending that much for the gift card anyways, so why not?).

But of course if you go for the maximum ($500) that additional 8% off (30% off instead of 22% off) might make it worth it...

So the question is, does 30% off make this worh it? The buy in is $26, so it's actually more like 25% off with 14 freebies thrown in (including the three featured new items). If you think you'll see a better deal soon, I guess pass, but 25% off is a bit more than we usually see of late. So judgement call time on your part...

I'm going for it, at the $500 level ($377-ish with tax depending on your sales tax rate on the three buy in items) mainly so that I can cross off 11 items off of my wishlist. Worst case there's a better gift card sale later but in the meantime I have a $500 buffer at 25% off...

I'm still hoping that someone digs up a coupon code somewhere from Honey or wherever...

Only a bit over 3 hours left on this flash gift card sale if you want to move on it, as of this post.

Reactions: Schlongborn

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
There are actually two gift card sales going on at the moment, and they do stack. So you can get get 30% off a gift card, but you have to add three additional products from the other sale to get the additional 10% on the gift card.
Here's the thing: the Flash sale will give you a $300 card for $234 (plus tax) and the free items. If you also do the other sale, you have to buy three additional new items. Buying the three cheapest items, you're getting a $300 card for $210 + $37 or $247 (plus tax). You can view this as the exact same 22% off, plus 3 new items (and 1 bonus) for $13. The cost increases if you buy non-cheapest new items.

It's better at $500: $390 at 22% off, with both deals $351 card + $37 items = $388, so you're basically getting 3 new items (+ bonus) free for $2 cheaper. It's worth it no matter what at $500, but at $300 it really depends if you want the items.

In general there are two possible downsides to these gift card discounts that require additional items that you should watch out for: (1) if they require a specific sale, do you really want those additional items; (2) if it requires expensive items, you're buying those items without a gift card discount. So you're paying an extra premium (e.g. if you normally have a 25% discount, then you're paying an extra 25% on those items).

[dangit, beaten again]

Reactions: Schlongborn

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It's all good glassware! Just shows that we are thinking along the same lines, and have a similar point of view here!
;)

Two opinions are better than one!
:p

BTW, the Wastelander outfit for G3F (in the '10 free items' category) has platform low heel boots. Those are kinda rare, just sayin...

Reactions: glassware

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, THAT's interesting...

Googled Daz3D coupon, found a 'more for $50' coupon. Spend $50 or more, get 50% off.

It didn't apply to the gift card, but it DID apply to the three buy in items, cutting their cart price in half from where it was before...

The coupon code is:

MORE-FOR-50

So you'll need to make a judgement call on that coupon. Is saving an extra $13 (approx) now worth it, or do you think you'll be spendng $50+ on another order soon, and who knows how long this coupon code will be valid?

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
So you'll need to make a judgement call on that coupon. Is saving an extra $13 (approx) now worth it, or do you think you'll be spendng $50+ on another order soon, and who knows how long this coupon code will be valid?

You're doing the daz "sales" team riddles now?
:LOL:

No information on what items are included, no information about how long it's valid.
Yeah, doesn't smell fishy (I'm not referring to you!).

"hey, we have some great sales ... oh wait, they are not great, don't me the expectations, lets throw in a bone".

It's just too easy to see what they are doing.

If they come back with DEALS I might spend some bucks.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a followup on that
MORE-FOR-50
coupon code that I found on a coupon site using Google.

If some of you are out there looking at today's sales, and are thinking about spending $50 or more, it's definitely worth considering, as this should push a lot of discounts to 75% off or higher. Again, compare vs. the Daz Deals plugin graphs on the sales page to see how often your item goes on sale for the price level you are looking at with the coupon (i.e. if the regular price is $20, 75% off is $5, are you seeing the item for less than $5, and if so how often?)

Particularly if you are planning on paying with your CC today, instead of using your store credit balance, or don't have any store credit banked atm.

Note that I have NOT tried using this coupon on PC+ memberships. I know that it won't apply to gift cards (just tried it), but if the gift card price pushes your cart over $50, then it applies the discount to other items in your cart, including Debut New Releases. It'd be interesting if PC+ membership prices are affected by this coupon, as 50% off PC+ memberships is considered a good deal. Can't hurt to try, but I'm done with cart jenga for today.

Anyways, less than two hours to go on today's gift card sale.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote