The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
@amster22 is pretty good at spotting stacking discounts. There are a couple of sales going on ATM so I'd imagine that with the coupons in play there might be some interesting opportunities (there are four separate coupons, including the one that @seamanq mentioned).
Yeah, discounts can be stacked. The basic idea is to find already discounted items. Look in the "featured artist stores" that are still active, ie from today and the couple of other days that are still in the main shop page. All DO items in these featured artist stores will be discounted by the coupons. And will also benefit from other discounts (but the full discount generally requires a new item). You can easily get this way a minimum of 80% off (but frequently much more) for these items. The "sort by %" feature of daz-deals also helps a lot.

Reactions: OhWee

sissyhigashi

Sep 20, 2019
Well, thanks to the heads up yesterday, and as noted about grabbing the 'free' ones earlier, I ended up 'purchasing' around 130 bundles for 'free'. I would have grabbed more, but a few bundles (mostly G8 ones) weren't discounting for owning all of the items.

It was a major pain adding all of those to my cart and then removing the 'free' ones from my hidden items, and also kicking out the 'uncooperative' bundles from my cart but now my hidden items list is just a couple dozen items at this point. That should help with page load times or something.

I did end up breaking up my order into two smaller orders, as at 100 items the background math was really slowing things down. That sale is over now, so until next time I guess...

Sometimes bundles have 'bonus' items that aren't immediately obvious. When I started up DIM today, a kabar knife had appeared... turns out it was a bonus item that comes with the Military Reinforcements bundle...

---

Anyways, The $2.49/$1.99 with new release sale is going on as part of the sale again today.

amster22 is pretty good at spotting stacking discounts. There are a couple of sales going on ATM so I'd imagine that with the coupons in play there might be some interesting opportunities (there are four separate coupons, including the one that seamanq mentioned).

These days I don't move on sales very often, I have a LOT of stuff from Daz3d.com at this point, and my 'divide by # of items in cart' rule for evaluating sales I tend to stick to a lot more. Generally if my cost per item is much over $2 an item, I'll probably pass. Newer customers need to grab what they can get, but as I'm 'stuck in the past' for the most part and prefer Genesis 3 to 8 in most cases (My G3 friendly wardrobe options are huge at this point), yeah I'm just not interested in Genesis 8.1 at the moment. Plus I'm using an older version of Daz (reasons) so yeah...

One other note.

It's the end of April now, and I haven't noticed any opportunities to grab a PC+ membership for more than 30% off since the first of the year (2021). This may be part of the 'new normal', so if you've been holding off on grabbing PC+, yeah today may be as good a time as any to consider grabbing it.

PC+ is generally worth it if you spend more than say $150 or so in the Daz store in a given year.
Yup. I obtained many. guess i'm still a newbie... But any how, I did have to spend $8.63 but with my monthly discount from the 4-21 plat club, i only spent $2.63 and saved (according to their maths: I saved like $1200) so not a bad day catching up.
I see today they're allowing May's coupons.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I have mentioned this before. I have a plug-in installed in my web browser called "Honey". has a database of coupons and discounts, and when I go into the payment page, it runs the discount codes that it has in its' database and tries each one on the page to see if it changes the prices. This works on many websites where you make purchases. It was Honey that revealed the "MORE-FOR-50" discount to me.
OhWee has also mentioned in the past that if you "like" Daz3D on Facebook that they sometimes post coupons there as well.
[/QUOTE]

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, just a note about today's Daz3D.com sales.

The 'get discount on bundles/pay only for what you own' sale thing is still going on. We discussed this earlier, but the short form is, if there's some bundles that you already own everything in, and if you don't mind spending the time to officially 'purchase' said bundles for 'free', yeah...

Keep in mind that some sales occasionally have 'qualifying items' to get bigger discounts on other items, and bundles are sometimes used as 'key' items, so whether you feel that makes it worth your time or not is your call. Some bundles rarely also have bonus items that only come with the bundle.

One thing I didn't check was to see if some of the other bundles might have some 'sales synergy' going on with their sub-items, i.e. perhaps the remaining pieces of the bundle you may be interested in might be on sale. It's possible I suppose, something to check...

Anyways, there are several concurrent sales going on at the moment. A couple have 60% or 70% off on some items, and today's sale has an 'extra 10% off entire order with qualifying items'. The 'buy in' for that extra 10% off is a new item from that sale plus two featured PA items from that sale (50% off).

Some of those are DO's which will add the usual 'extra 30% off' to those items (65% off), but amongst the qualifying PA's none of the cheaper items are particularly jumping out at me. Nonetheless, there are a few older and cheaper items in the list, maybe some of those might interest you, or not...

The reason I'm bringing this up is that PC+ memberships are still on sale for 30% off, so you MIGHT be able to grab a PC+ membership for 37% off with the aforementioned qualifying items, using the coupon code mentioned in the sale:

I haven't tested this though (I'm good for a while yet on PC+) but if you don't have a PC+ membership, or your membership is about to expire, it might be worth exploring...

---

Nothing particularly unusual on the Renderosity front to report atm, at least not that I can see.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Some interesting sales at rendo
- 70% off all Seven store
- items at $4, $5 and $6 (will probably last several weeks)
- some stores at 50% (more standard discount at rendo)

Reactions: glassware and OhWee

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
daz flash sale on gift cards, so may be over by the time you read this (find it on the front page of the shop):

10% off $50+ card if you buy 1 new release
20% off $100+ card if you buy 2 new releases
25% off $300+ card if you buy 3 new releases

For those who don't know, gift card discounts are the best way to save money at Daz if you know you're going to be spending a significant amount, since the gift card money is usable for basically anything, so you can automatically stack an extra 20-25% discount when you use money from the gift card to buy something. The biggest discount I've ever gotten on a gift card was 37%, but those are so rare that I'll take 25% any day.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
daz flash sale on gift cards, so may be over by the time you read this (find it on the front page of the shop):

10% off $50+ card if you buy 1 new release
20% off $100+ card if you buy 2 new releases
25% off $300+ card if you buy 3 new releases

For those who don't know, gift card discounts are the best way to save money at Daz if you know you're going to be spending a significant amount, since the gift card money is usable for basically anything, so you can automatically stack an extra 20-25% discount when you use money from the gift card to buy something. The biggest discount I've ever gotten on a gift card was 37%, but those are so rare that I'll take 25% any day.
Thanks for the heads up.
Note that this can be combined with an offer from some days ago that gives 10% off your cart with a coupon and this will gives you a final 19-32% off for the GC. This requires some extra purchase in the artists store, and depending on your choice you may or not be globally winner. But you have extra items for free.

Reactions: OhWee and glassware

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Note that this can be combined with an offer from some days ago that gives 10% off your cart with a coupon and this will gives you a final 19-32% off for the GC.
That's a nice deal since the 1 'stage new release' required qualifies as 1 of the new releases for the gift card, and the other two purchase requirements for the 10% deal give you a lot of options. Worst case you can waste $3.50 each on two ancient unwanted garbage items (like , , , , or ), so if you want the 'stage new release' item you're spending $5 to save an extra 10% on a gift card of $100+, so the bigger the gift card the more it's worth it. (It's $5 not $7 because the $3.50 items may ring up slightly lower, plus you get the 10% discount on them.)

The one drawback to be careful about when buying things in the same cart as a gift card to get more discounts is that you're not getting your usual gift card discount on the extra purchased items themselves.

Edit 2 hours later: I don't understand Daz Math, but somehow I got the gift card for 50% off using this strategy. (Maybe platinum club has an effect?) Even after adding all the other products (I think I bought one more than I needed) and taxes, the whole order was still just 60% of the value of the gift card.

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Right now the flash gift card deal is still listed, but they have a new deal today-only for PC+ members, which removes the new-item requirement.

Save on Gift Cards!
Hey PC+ members, ready to save on ? Today only, you'll get 10% OFF $50 Gift Cards, 20% OFF $100 Gift Cards, and 25% OFF $300+ Gift Cards.
I suspect the deal I got in the edit above was because the flash sale and the PC+ sale stacked, which was probably an error. But if the flash deal is still listed on the front page of the shop, there's a chance you can get 36% ($100+) or 44% ($300+) off if they don't fix it. (Plus 10% off that using the set-for-the-stage coupon gets you to 49%.)

Edit: Yep, I tried again and put a $500 card in my cart, three random new items, and it's 44% off.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
That's a nice deal since the 1 'stage new release' required qualifies as 1 of the new releases for the gift card, and the other two purchase requirements for the 10% deal give you a lot of options. Worst case you can waste $3.50 each on two ancient unwanted garbage items (like , , , , or ), so if you want the 'stage new release' item you're spending $5 to save an extra 10% on a gift card of $100+, so the bigger the gift card the more it's worth it. (It's $5 not $7 because the $3.50 items may ring up slightly lower, plus you get the 10% discount on them.)

The one drawback to be careful about when buying things in the same cart as a gift card to get more discounts is that you're not getting your usual gift card discount on the extra purchased items themselves.

Edit 2 hours later: I don't understand Daz Math, but somehow I got the gift card for 50% off using this strategy. (Maybe platinum club has an effect?) Even after adding all the other products (I think I bought one more than I needed) and taxes, the whole order was still just 60% of the value of the gift card.

View attachment 1178661
Shit, not sure if I should be angry or thankful. But you just made me buy an additional 500$ gift card to the other 500$ gift card I just bought, I got one for 25% first because I guess compared to you guys I am way more impatient. But 50% was just too good to pass on tbh. So for 700$ I now got a whole bunch of items and 1000$ of store credit. That seems not too bad but it was oh so much more then I wanted to spend...

EDIT: You mention putting multiple gift cards into your cart, I tried that as well but it wouldn't let me checkout. In fact for me the price didn't even update after adding more gift cards, so I had like 1500$ of gift cards in my cart for 80% off or so. Must be some kind of glitch.

Reactions: glassware

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just tried to stack the 'message' gift card offer with the flash sale, they will NOT stack. So, if over $300, 25% off if you buy 3 new items if not PC+, or 25% off with no prereqs if you are PC+.

It was a nice thought. It should stack with that other sale with the 10% offer, but I haven't tried that - my store credit is in fairly good shape at the moment, but might have been interested in banking some more had the two gift card offers (plus 10% off cart offer) had stacked.

Still 25% off is better than 0% off, so if your Daz store credit balance is low, might be an excellent time to recharge it!

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Just tried to stack the 'message' gift card offer with the flash sale, they will NOT stack. So, if over $300, 25% off if you buy 3 new items if not PC+, or 25% off with no prereqs if you are PC+.
They're still stacking for me. :( (I made this test AFTER you posted, starting from an empty cart.)

1620161480811.png

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Hmmm... not in my cart. Wonder what's different on my end?
Did your PC+ run out and you forgot? Or maybe it's just Daz being Daz. Oh well.

Edit: re below, I'm not 100% sure, but I think you get a purple banner if it's a 'not everyone' offer, and an orange banner is all PC+. Edit edit: nope, that example shows an orange banner for not everyone, so I have no idea. But it does say it's for all PC+.

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Maybe it has something to do with the orange banner that just appeared, I think not everyone gets those, and maybe the stacking discount worked for us because we have that banner?

EDIT: I've attached a screenshot, it's another coupon though and not some kind off flat discount.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hmmm, working now. I'm guessing that you needed to have all three new items in the cart for some reason. The other two amounts stated are very specific (i.e. 50 exactly, not up to $50 or $50-$99).

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Hmmm, working now. I'm guessing that you needed to have all three new items in the cart for some reason. The other two amounts stated are very specific (i.e. 50 exactly, not up to $50 or $50-$99).
There was a bug in the old flash sale where the advertised $100 threshold was accidentally coded as $200 instead. They fixed it by the time the orange banner showed up, but maybe they have the same coding bug in the PC+ offer, so if you were testing $100-$199 that might be why.

Edit: somebody has reported the fact these offers stack on the "report sales errors here" thread in the daz forums, so I expect this will not last much longer.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well, when it was all said and done, the cart said 49% off of the gift card. Didn't know about the $500 limit before, but since it said $500 maximum, I didn't try to bank any more than that.

Thanks for the heads up guys! Also, I now own a Lunar Truck... it doesn't look very lunar to me, but whatever...

Reactions: glassware

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
You got in just in time! Looks like they just fixed the stacking. Both deals are still available but they no longer stack.

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
In the current flash sale you can get two pro bundles for just ~12$ each, which is pretty low. Just add any of the PC+ new releases into the cart and use the coupon code.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote