The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
NFT is just bullshit.
I wonder where all the CO2 warriors are when they (finally) could do something good.

"But .... oh ... it's fancy and trendy. Let's do something with blockchain. No, let's do something with media. MEDIA BLOCKCHAIN!"

And no, I like blender guru, but he really underestimates the stupidity of the people out there.
Quite the opposite. BlenderGuru, as anyone who had to deal with customers and people in general, knows how people tick.
And most people are greedy, even artists and they overestimate their own "skill level". A lot may think they're good enough to cash in big time like Beeple did.
But 99% of artists flooding the bfts aren't even close to the level that Beeple has. That dude creates art for years and years.
A simple DAZ render or 2D drawing won't cut it to make decent money with NFTs. BlenderGuru knows that people, after not sellign anything for weeks and months, will leave the NFT market very disappointed.

Thanks. Let's have some fun time reading.

Reactions: sissyhigashi

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Nevermind! Someone shared the link already.

Daz Jennifer has been taking point on a few things on the Daz3D forum, so I'm thinking that she may be the new sales manager.

It'd be nice to see even 40% off PC+ memberships again, but so far this year 30% off is the best we've seen. As others have pointed out, new year, new sales strategy. Hence why I keep saying 'the New Normal'....

Reactions: Baka plays

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Was lookign around in the DAz forums but i couldn't find the discussion, cany you share a link please?
Super easy. Go to Forums, search "Season Pass" ... it will be about four down in the list .

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Nevermind! Someone shared the link already.

Daz Jennifer has been taking point on a few things on the Daz3D forum, so I'm thinking that she may be the new sales manager.

It'd be nice to see even 40% off PC+ memberships again, but so far this year 30% off is the best we've seen. As others have pointed out, new year, new sales strategy. Hence why I keep saying 'the New Normal'....
That's why when you see a really good discount (like 50% off or greater) you need to grab it. To co-opt an old Chicago saying, buy early, buy often.

Reactions: Baka plays

Neika

Apr 7, 2021
I would wait until the PC+ membership goes on sale.
thank you for the detailed answer. And thanks for everyone that answered, you really helped me with my decision. I will wait for a better bargain.

By the way, regarding that season-pass issue. I finally read the daz forum thread and this is just a joke. Using words like "freebies" "reward" etc when you actually PURCHASE all items included! This is some nasty trick, though I don't know how can anyeone swallow it...

• Red Heart
Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
thank you for the detailed answer. And thanks for everyone that answered, you really helped me with my decision. I will wait for a better bargain.

By the way, regarding that season-pass issue. I finally read the daz forum thread and this is just a joke. Using words like "freebies" "reward" etc when you actually PURCHASE all items included! This is some nasty trick, though I don't know how can anyeone swallow it...
So true. As P.T. Barnum (supposedly) said: There's a sucker born every moment. I think that's what they are looking for (along with the NFT and other goofy things they are doing). Trying to find the suckers that will give them easy money. It doesn't do much for their reputation.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Secret sale: Daz is running a secret sale that you will only see if you are invited and the sale applies to you. The sale is on gift cards, and the discounts run from 5% to 20% (20% is for purchases > $150). This is actually the biggest discount that I have seen for that low of a buy in. The sale runs through 4/15, and the code is GIFTCARD-FUN (I believe, I closed the window and can't find how to open it again). If you want to see if you are being offered this sale, you need to log on to Daz3D.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today, at daz3D, if you purchase 2 or 3 new items, you can have a discount on a large (6k) set of items (including recent ones). With 2 new items, you can have $10 off two items, and with 3 new items $20 off 3. Note that this works with any new item, including cheap PC+ and can lead to very good deals.

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Today, at daz3D, if you purchase 2 or 3 new items, you can have a discount on a large (6k) set of items (including recent ones). With 2 new items, you can have $10 off two items, and with 3 new items $20 off 3. Note that this works with any new item, including cheap PC+ and can lead to very good deals.
It looks better than it really is. The vast majority of the stuff in the large set of sale items is very old. The three cheapest "new" items I could piece together amounted to about $9.50, making the "$30" off really only about $20 off. The items I would have liked to have purchased were at inflated prices (historically) and I know if I am patient they will come way down in price. I give this sale a thumbs down, unless there is something on sale that you really want.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well, everyone probably will need a Die Sturmspinne at some point...
Or at least a Quad Tank...

Just some cheaper DO suggestions for ya!

I ended up with 8 items in my cart for $15, including two about to be retired DOs and 3 new PC+ items and three other 'cheaper' DOs featured in the sale, firing off my Plat Club coupon to help drop the bill a bit.

The $20 off up to 3 items subtracts $20 (total) from the price of the three items, but of course you don't HAVE to grab all three 3 items.

I use older items in my renders quite often, so I'm not scared off by 'older' stuff.

The 70s Modern House (new PC+ item) looks like fun!

Thanks for the heads up amster22 !

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Well, everyone probably will need a Die Sturmspinne at some point...
Or at least a Quad Tank...

Just some cheaper DO suggestions for ya!

I ended up with 8 items in my cart for $15, including two about to be retired DOs and 3 new PC+ items and three other 'cheaper' DOs featured in the sale, firing off my Plat Club coupon to help drop the bill a bit.

The $20 off up to 3 items subtracts $20 (total) from the price of the three items, but of course you don't HAVE to grab all three 3 items.

I use older items in my renders quite often, so I'm not scared off by 'older' stuff.

The 70s Modern House (new PC+ item) looks like fun!

Thanks for the heads up amster22 !
I liked the Police Car, the Professional Video Camera, and the Interrogation Room, but I am not sure I wanted to blow three cheap "new" items to get moderately discounted prices on items that are much higher than they have been in the past (thanks to ATI for letting me know price histories). I added the items to my wishlist and will buy them when they drop to more reasonable prices without having to use up the cheap "new" items which could be used more advantageously in future sales.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I haven't been paying close attention, but apparently a number of Hivewire3D vendors, including Hivewire3D, are now onboard at the Renderosity store. In honor of the occasion, you can get up to 50% off of associated products:

Here's what's on the Hivewire3D.com's splash page now:

hw-store-closed.jpg

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
If anyone actually got the Season Pass: the "5$ OFF of select DAZ vehicles" that you're getting today applies to every order you make. And since most of them are <5$ you can just get all of them for free.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A special sale at daz3D (maybe a flash one, don't know).
If you buy *any* new release, you can get 70% off up to 3 items out a set
Some of these items are already discounted and the reductions stack.
Requires a coupon EARTHDAY2021 usable once.

Reactions: OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
There's a 50% off on selected bundles that goes up to 65% off if you buy a single new release (some cheap new release for $3 should do the trick). When I did that, the discount jumped to 70% for me (not exactly sure why). Maybe that's some kind of hidden loyalty bonus. Most of the latest G8 models are included in the sale as well as older ones, so if you haven't purchased one that you wanted, this may be a way to grab it on the cheap (although they were discounted a LOT more at the beginning of the year). I am not sure how long these deals will stay active. No codes needed, just buy a (preferably cheap) new release to activate the extra discounts.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I just noticed that there is an extra 15% discount at rendo
Requires a coupon APRILMID2021P15B20 and a 20$ purchase.
It can be combined with a 50% discount on some vendors (including great artists like lilflame, kaleya, rainbowlight, DM, etc) leading to interesting deals.

It is the last day for the 15% discount.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Today in Daz Land...

$1.99 PC+ for a day items! Up to 758 items to choose from, depending on how many of those you own already...

It's actually $2.49 per item, but will drop to $1.99 with the purchase of ANY new release, including NEW PC+ items.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Thanks for the heads up. Usually these sales have pages and pages of crap that is ancient, however, this one seems to be different and has some interesting things that may actually be worth buying. (Added) ... Including a courthouse interior which I will need for my future story. Thank you!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The bottom link does not appear to be discounting to $1.99 any more, even with the purchase of a new item. It must have expired.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote