The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, here's a new deal, and it's pretty sweet. In the evening sale, , a side offer in the main offer is Featured Contemporary Items, which are offered at 50% off, unless you by any new release, which adds an extra 20% making the total offering 70% off. Here is where it gets fun. There is a coupon, "MORE-FOR-50" that kicks up that discount by a notch. Some examples are the at 75% off becomes $10.74, the drops by 86% to $3.50 and so on. On testing this, you have to have the new item purchase ( 03 for $3.49 will work just fine, TYVM) PLUS the coupon (as they appear to stack). I put on another neat male hairstyle, y Susan Payne (not a Daz Original) and it came out at 75% off as well after applying the coupon. got discounted 86% to $6.30, which is the lowest I have seen her yet. The which lists at $139 and comes with a ton of extras, after discounts, drops to $19.60. This combination deal is quite possibly the best sale I have seen (combining the sale, the purchase of a cheap new item, and the coupon) since the beginning of the year. Discounts on most items are coming anywhere between 75% and 86% resulting in some very good deals.

Last edited:
Reactions: tk99 and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Thanks seamanq. That is a great find. It gives a large discount on most daz items. For instance it also stacks with the "featured artists" (that are already at 50%) or the new items. No need to buy a "cheap" (and possibly useless) new item. If you are interested by a more expensive new item, you can get 65-75% off it. Also explore the "featured artists" two days ago. They are initially at 60% off and can turn this way to 80-86%.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
As a postscript, I spent way too much money (around $100), but got 27 items (and besides, the purchase was from a gift card that was additionally discounted). That, and many of the items that I purchased will be used in future episodes of my game, so it's all good.

Reactions: tk99

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Thanks seamanqNo need to buy a "cheap" (and possibly useless) new item.
I tested it and to get the highest discounts (86% to 90%), the "new item" purchase was necessary, and for the princely sum of $3.49 for the chandeliers, it was well worth it.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
As a postscript, I spent way too much money (around $100), but got 27 items (and besides, the purchase was from a gift card that was additionally discounted). That, and many of the items that I purchased will be used in future episodes of my game, so it's all good.
Ditto for me. But most items where cheaper or equivalent to their minimum price in the past year (as given by daz-deals). It was tempting...
I tested it and to get the highest discounts (86% to 90%), the "new item" purchase was necessary, and for the princely sum of $3.49 for the chandeliers, it was well worth it.
Yes the new item is required, but I wanted to point out that, as recent new items are also discounted by at least 65%, it may be better to buy a $6 recent new item that you really want instead of a $3 one that you will maybe never use.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Yes the new item is required, but I wanted to point out that, as recent new items are also discounted by at least 65%, it may be better to buy a $6 recent new item that you really want instead of a $3 one that you will maybe never use.
Yeah. I don't even want to talk about the amount of time that I wasted, but I went through the new releases from bottom to top, and I didn't find anything below $7 that I wanted in recent new items, and $3.49 distributed across 27 items is $0.12 each ... so I think it's worth it, even if I won't ever use the chandelier.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The bottom link does not appear to be discounting to $1.99 any more, even with the purchase of a new item. It must have expired.
Yeah, the bottom link is just linking to Platinum Club items, in order of newest to oldest, to point people at cheaper 'new' qualifying items to help keep their cart amount down if they are interested in the $1.99 PC+ for a day items. No sense paying $10 or more on a new item that may not interest you if there's a $3-5 PC+ item that might...

In any case, the $2.49/1.99 PC+ for a day items are no longer available as part of yesterday's sale, so that ship has sailed.

Today's Daz sale can get you 72% off select DO's amongst select contemporary items, with the purchase of any new release though, so if any of those items interest you and you don't mind spending say $5 or more on them, you can grab a cheap new PC+ item to trigger the additional discount on these:

You can get 50% off of the non DO items as well, but 50% off is pretty 'par for the course' as far as Daz sales go.

Certainly not the most awesome sale, but the Cyberpunk Night Club DO might interest someone...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Yeah, the bottom link is just linking to Platinum Club items, in order of newest to oldest, to point people at cheaper 'new' qualifying items to help keep their cart amount down if they are interested in the $1.99 PC+ for a day items. No sense paying $10 or more on a new item that may not interest you if there's a $3-5 PC+ item that might...

In any case, the $2.49/1.99 PC+ for a day items are no longer available as part of yesterday's sale, so that ship has sailed.

Today's Daz sale can get you 72% off select DO's amongst select contemporary items, with the purchase of any new release though, so if any of those items interest you and you don't mind spending say $5 or more on them, you can grab a cheap new PC+ item to trigger the additional discount on these:

You can get 50% off of the non DO items as well, but 50% off is pretty 'par for the course' as far as Daz sales go.

Certainly not the most awesome sale, but the Cyberpunk Night Club DO might interest someone...
Use the coupon "MORE-FOR-50" to get additional savings on the select contemporary items (and elsewhere, as amster22 pointed out earlier in this thread). The MORE-FOR-50 stacks on top of the existing savings with resulting discounts going as high as 86-90% off. This includes starter and pro bundles, so if you want to pick up one on the cheap (under $11 for a huge Victoria 8.1 bundle) this is an opportunity to get sweet savings.

Reactions: OhWee and tk99

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Thanks.

That was really a surprise, unfortunately 95% of my wish list wasn't working.
But I got a 6 nice assets and my first male and female g8.1 hd figures for 25$

I've choosen and plus the coupon to get the discounts.

While this was a nice deal, I'm really not a fan of the daz puzzles.
Combine this and that, spend 1-3 hours+ to get the best discount and find the assets you like ....

To be honest, without this thread and the hints, I wouldn't have checked. So again, ty.

Where do you find these coupons?

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
While this was a nice deal, I'm really not a fan of the daz puzzles.
Combine this and that, spend 1-3 hours+ to get the best discount and find the assets you like ....
You are spot on with that assessment. I went about 30 pages into the sale to find what I wanted, however, I bought 27 items (for just under $100 plus the fact that I bought them with a gift card that was discounted). But you are right, it took a lot of hours, and several items in my wish list were in the sale, as well as items that I needed for future game development.

Where do you find these coupons?
I have mentioned this before. I have a plug-in installed in my web browser called "Honey". has a database of coupons and discounts, and when I go into the payment page, it runs the discount codes that it has in its' database and tries each one on the page to see if it changes the prices. This works on many websites where you make purchases. It was Honey that revealed the "MORE-FOR-50" discount to me.

OhWee has also mentioned in the past that if you "like" Daz3D on Facebook that they sometimes post coupons there as well.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D.
Select two g3 items in this set
and use 70OFF coupon at check out to get 70% off.
There are ~700 items, mostly chars, pro/starter bundles and poses.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just be aware that the Flash sale is gonna be a thing. The flash sales today are 2 hours long each. Right now, it's 70% off on select hair. You might want to check in semi-regularly if you are interested in buying more or seeing what is up. The current flash sale ends in about 1 hour and 45 minutes from now.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
lol.

I've got 20+ hair assets in my wishlist and non is included in this sale.
But Voss Hair for 15$ (before discount) .... sure :)

• Haha

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
New "Flash Sale"
70% for two Gen 2 (!)

The Daz sales are getting ridiculous every time.
Just the fact that they call it a sale makes me think about cancelling my membership.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The Daz sales are getting ridiculous every time.
Most ridiculous sale today. If you already own part of a bundle, you can buy the full bundle for only the price of the missing items.
In other words, you are "allowed" to pay *all* the missing items *full price* so that you can "officially" own the bundle.
Daz really considers its customers as dopey jackasses.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Most ridiculous sale today. If you already own part of a bundle, you can buy the full bundle for only the price of the missing items.
In other words, you are "allowed" to pay *all* the missing items *full price* so that you can "officially" own the bundle.
While I agree with this sentiment, I should note something here. It's asinine that I even need to suggest this, but it may save you some time later r.e. not needing to submit a ticket to Daz CS...

So you know all of those sales when you see a bunch of starter bundles, but you own the pro bundles? And occasionally you'll see a prereq bundle mentioned, which you own all of the items in, essentially owning the bundle, but you don't actually own the bundle?

This might be a great time to add those bundles to your cart. I just tried it with the Teen Josie 6 starter bundle, and it's free (I already own the Teen Josie 6 pro bundle).

If you've 'hidden' these items using the Daz Deals plugin, you can go to the account icon (upper right corner) then click on Daz Deals, then click on Manage items to see the items you've hidden using the button that often shows up on product pages that is added by the Daz Deals plugin.

And if you don't have the Daz Deals plugin, you really should install that...

So yeah, if you own everything in some bundle(s) that you own, this might be a good opportunity to 'officially' acquire that bundle(s).

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
This deal is so bad they have done it at least twice this month. Truly, the facepalm is most deserving.

sissyhigashi

Sep 20, 2019
For what it's worth, you can clean up your bundles that you've patched together in the past x-million daz-3d years:

you can go one at a time adding them to your basket and remove the ones that don't cooperate.
I came out with getting perhaps one hair i didn't own, but it also makes your genuine purchases complete.
For example, if you have purchased (or got free in the past) victoria 5 pro, select the victoria 5 starter.
I went through mine coz it sometimes ticks me off to purchase something i've purchase before.
SO once you've 'purchased' them, they won't show up as a selection so you're not banging your head on the wall,
coz you've already purchased (each item individually) for example, it's not worth completing the Ysbeau bundle if I'm only missing a pose pack @$20.00 since you can always manually pose her. SO , yeah - there' s my 3-cents.

• Haha

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And now for something completely different ... a sale that doesn't suck.

The . Especially compelling is the extra 50% off of select Daz Originals with the code EXTRA50. These are not the same hackneyed mouldy oldies (Genesis, Gen 2, Gen 3), but include some of the latest and greatest, such as Victoria 8.1 for around $16. With the coupons I was able to snag a police station that I need for a future scene for under $4.50, and a couple of Gen 8 models for under $4, and a nice, highly-morphable short hair set for Gen 8 males and females for under $9. (Purchased, of course, with already discounted Gift Card money, so it cost even less than that). Is it as great as the recent sale I mentioned earlier? Not quite, but there was still some nice stuff, and this sale features over 10,000 items, so you may find a thing or two that you want at a nice discounted price.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well, thanks to the heads up yesterday, and as noted about grabbing the 'free' ones earlier, I ended up 'purchasing' around 130 bundles for 'free'. I would have grabbed more, but a few bundles (mostly G8 ones) weren't discounting for owning all of the items.

It was a major pain adding all of those to my cart and then removing the 'free' ones from my hidden items, and also kicking out the 'uncooperative' bundles from my cart but now my hidden items list is just a couple dozen items at this point. That should help with page load times or something.

I did end up breaking up my order into two smaller orders, as at 100 items the background math was really slowing things down. That sale is over now, so until next time I guess...

Sometimes bundles have 'bonus' items that aren't immediately obvious. When I started up DIM today, a kabar knife had appeared... turns out it was a bonus item that comes with the Military Reinforcements bundle...

---

Anyways, The $2.49/$1.99 with new release sale is going on as part of the sale again today.

amster22 is pretty good at spotting stacking discounts. There are a couple of sales going on ATM so I'd imagine that with the coupons in play there might be some interesting opportunities (there are four separate coupons, including the one that seamanq mentioned).

These days I don't move on sales very often, I have a LOT of stuff from Daz3d.com at this point, and my 'divide by # of items in cart' rule for evaluating sales I tend to stick to a lot more. Generally if my cost per item is much over $2 an item, I'll probably pass. Newer customers need to grab what they can get, but as I'm 'stuck in the past' for the most part and prefer Genesis 3 to 8 in most cases (My G3 friendly wardrobe options are huge at this point), yeah I'm just not interested in Genesis 8.1 at the moment. Plus I'm using an older version of Daz (reasons) so yeah...

One other note.

It's the end of April now, and I haven't noticed any opportunities to grab a PC+ membership for more than 30% off since the first of the year (2021). This may be part of the 'new normal', so if you've been holding off on grabbing PC+, yeah today may be as good a time as any to consider grabbing it.

PC+ is generally worth it if you spend more than say $150 or so in the Daz store in a given year.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote