The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There is a flash sale on the way at daz3D. 60% off 2 items with a coupon. The items are in a very large set of items. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any way to stack reductions, but 60% is not bad and can be interesting for rarely discounted items.

Reactions: OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
It's about 2-1/2 hours into a 4 hour flash sale. Select 2 items at 60% off with TWO-FOR-ME code on Daz3D. A HUGE selection to choose from. Hurry, hurry.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, quick way to find something beyond awesome to get from the TWO-4-ME sale. Pull up the list. Sort by artist, and select SickleYield. On list by most recent is the 3Delight and Iray to Filament converter. This is a brand new tool to convert from Iray to the new super-fast Filament renderer, and it automatically fixes lighting, contrast, and other problems that could take hours to do manually. All that at a sweet discounted price of $9.95. Even if this saved you an hour, it's a steal at the discounted price. For me, the other selection was SY Rigged Waves for Iray. My story is set on the beach, and I already own the iReal Animated Ocean plugin that I got heavily discounted earlier this year for 8.99. Rigged waves are $7.99 after the discount. My game is set in an ocean community, so waves and water are important and will play into the story later on, so having real tools to work with like rigged waves are important, and getting them cheaply is AWESOME!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Buying gift cards last weekend sure helped, because now these items were purchased with gift cards that were 28% off, so that's some stackin right there :p

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, today's Daz3D.com March Madness sale...

The $2.99 PC+ for a day items can be discounted to $2.49 if you buy a Newly Mad, Still Mad, or Mad Related item.

So the good news is that there are a few cheap(er) PC+ items in Mad Related.

The bad news is that, at least for me, PC+ for a day is underwhelming today. But you may find something interesting.

If you need to do a pre-Flatscreen office scene, or just need some obscure stuff for your office scene, this one might be worth a looksee...

There's also an Asian Suite in the PC+ for a day that might be of interest, or not...

As for the rest of the sale... Don't get confused by the PD Howler thing in Mad Related - it's just a tutorial... there is a free trial for PD Howler on the PD Howler website, but yeah...

Also, the usual, check the Mad Artists section, view all artists together, sort price by low to high or by % off to spot any deals that might be on your wishlist or whatever.

I'm sure that others will spot stuff I missed!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I haven't dug very deep into today (Saturday's) Daz3D.com's March Madness sale, but the Scar 8 Pro bundle is in the '70% off if you bought a qualifying new item in the last 3 days' category. So you can grab it for 89% off with one other qualifying item to maximize the discounts...

There's a few cheap PC+ items in the 'qualifying' categories as well. I'm sure others will spot particularly good deals, but yeah that's not a bad deal for a pro bundle. Not free of course, but those days seem to be behind us for now...

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
This week (up to march 22), renderotica has a global sale. All items (I think) are 25% off.
The discount is not as high as it can be on other sites, but global sales are not frequent at rotica and product are generally cheaper.
May be worth a look.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There is gift card flash sale at daz3D. No prerequisite but besides that not the best deal ever (5% of any gift card up to 20% for GC over 300$). But it is flash sale and if you need to refill your store credit, obviously better than nothing.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
There is gift card flash sale at daz3D. No prerequisite but besides that not the best deal ever (5% of any gift card up to 20% for GC over 300$). But it is flash sale and if you need to refill your store credit, obviously better than nothing.
It was 28% earlier this month (I got one then). I think that 20% would only enthuse me if I was running low on funds, and $240 is a lot to spend for $300 credit, but it's better than $300, I guess.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
There is something of note for PC+ members. Today's Key Item was the PC+ Weekly Freebie two weeks ago so we all get an extra 10%, without having to buy something to get it. So I started to look at the PC+ items in the Mad Artist Store and noticed that there is some sort of extra discount for most older items, as the starting discount is already over 50% instead of 40%. This includes some G8 items. So for example, with all the discounts I found that a $1.99 PC+ item can be had for $0.62, which is an additional 69% discount. Normally the best additional discount for PC+ items is just 60% off, during the annual PC+ sale.

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, I have to mention this one, because I tested it and liked what I saw. The new deal is "Build Your Own Bundle" and it only applies to Mad Related items. Discounts increase the more you buy, with 1 item giving you a 10% discount, 2 items giving you a 22% discount, 3 items giving you a 34% discount, and 4 items giving you a 46% discount. These discounts stack on top of any existing discounts for the item. So, the Staff Picks for Genesis 8 bundle 2, which includes 4 models, 2 hairstyles, 2 dForce outfits, a pose set, expressions and other accessories has a discounted price to begin with of around $111, discounted 30% from $159.95. However, buying three other items (I picked the Prestige Outfit and Textures, and the z Beauty and Grace poses, which altogether costed $10 after discounts, the price on the staff picks bundle drops to $30.24. Now that's a deal I can get behind.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo... today's Daz3D.com's MM sale...

The 'build your own spy bundle' thing where you can get 4+ spy related items for 81% off (94% off if PC+ item) if you are a PC+ member is somewhat interesting, and might be worth a looksee.

---

The more notable thing in my opinion is PC+ memberships are 30% off. NORMALLY I'd say 'meh' but I've been noticing that the Daz3D.com sales team is being a LOT more stingy with sales as of late.

30% off is the best we've seen since maybe around the first of the year. We've seen it at 20% off a few times, and there was a $20 discount I think, but yeah... 40%-50% off would be better, but if the current trend continues, those days may be mostly behind us, at least until the annual PC+ sale in the fall maybe...

So, $49 isn't the best we've seen, but it IS the best deal on PC+ that I've noticed recently. PC+ is definitely worth if if you spend more than say $100-200 at the Daz3D.com store, so if you are in need, today might be the day to jump on it.

---

As for the' buy this spy outfit, get this V4 spy outfit free' offer, yeah underwhelmed by that one, but if you still use V4 for some reason and don't have the associated outfit... Normally I'd say skip it but if you need to reset your '3 day newly mad' item clock, better than nothing I suppose.

---

Even last year's Daz3D.com MM sale was better than this one IMHO. A couple of years ago was fairly awesome, but the deals have been getting less and less impressive each year. There are still deals, sure, but not 'buy a bunch of items for 25 cents or less' kinda deals (on older items). I'm a huge fan of autofitting older items to G3F as oftentimes it goes pretty well, but not always. So taking a chance on something for say 25 cents is one thing, but spending 2 bucks or more on it... yeah maybe not.

Some PC+ items are below a buck in the 'Mad Related Artists' category, but I'd say only if you think you can use it.

---

Anyways, yeah, if you don't have PC+, or your PC+ is about to expire, and you plan to spend $100-$200 or more in the next year at Daz3D.com, today might be a good time to renew. I'm not very hopeful that, based on recent track records, better than 30% off on PC+ memberships is going to happen anytime in the short term.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
March madness continues at daz3D (combined with april foolishness today). Nothing really notable in term of items, but I would just encourage everybody to buy the 'key item'. At first glance, it seems a bit too expensive for its usefulness, but the displayed prices may be misleading and the extra 10% that you get on some items is not a prank.

• Thinking Face

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
March madness continues at daz3D (combined with april foolishness today). Nothing really notable in term of items, but I would just encourage everybody to buy the 'key item'. At first glance, it seems a bit too expensive for its usefulness, but the displayed prices may be misleading and the extra 10% that you get on some items is not a prank.
Don't be cagey. The item is free. And it does give you the extra 10%. It was useful for me in knocking a few bux off of the Tear Jerk Merchant's bundle (I've been looking for one that doesn't require mascara) as well as a nice laptop and table set and some intimates (for G2F), all in for $10.70. Not bad, especially when purchased with a gift card that was discounted by 28% to begin with.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There is a gift card flash sale at daz3D. Not a great one (5% off for a 50$ GC up to 20% for a 300+$ GC), but daz GC discounts are rarer and less interesting recently. And it is obviously better than nothing.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I suggest taking one last look at the extended March Madness sale. You may have an additional discount offer in your inbox (mine was an extra 10% off as a thank you) and pretty much everything that was in the MM sale is on sale again today.

There's an extra 50% off of 3 Daz Originals if you buy two qualifiying items offer, and a number of Pro and other Bundles fall within that offer. Plus, I was able to get one of my two PC+ coupons to apply (finally), they weren't working earlier today, so that might help lower your cart price a bit if you haven't used your April PC+ coupons yet.

The $3.99/$3.49 'back on sale PC+ for a day' offer sucks compared to he $2.99/$2.49 offers we had earlier in the month, but I suppose if there is something there you really really want that you may have missed out on before during the MM sale...

Of course, if anyone else here spots a particularly good deal... speak up, we wanna know!

I've been underwhelmed by this year's MM sale, and sales this year in general, and the Daz Sales team seems to be defining a new trend as far as the discounting levels they are willing to go now. It's much lower than it has been in the past for the most part IMHO, and if it's indeed the 'new normal', well I won't be participating in sales as much this year myself. I already have a lot of stuff, and still mostly use G3F stuff, so I can afford to wait for better offers that may never come, but for 'newcomers' to the Daz3D.com store, yeah I feel for ya!

Your Daz Dollars may not stretch as far as they used to if this is indeed the 'new normal', but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm sure we will still point out the best deals we can find here, to help you stretch those dollars as far as you can.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
WTF?

I am absolutely NOT a fan of 'get this thingie. We can't show you what it is yet...'

Call me stuck in the past, but if this is shades of what to expect from the Daz3D sales team this year, count me out!

Reactions: oaiki and tk99

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
But if you buy it right now, you'll get a Platinum Forum Flair!!! How could you live with yourself if you just get a Gold or, heaven forbid, a Silver? :rolleyes:

• Hey there

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
WTF?

I am absolutely NOT a fan of 'get this thingie. We can't show you what it is yet...'

Call me stuck in the past, but if this is shades of what to expect from the Daz3D sales team this year, count me out!

Yeah.

Daz loot boxes, except you don't know what you might get.
Combined with daz love for nft, binary whatever ...
No, definitly not signing up for 149$ for 2 month, that's ridiculous.

This, together with less and less perks from PC (when was the last good PC freebee? When was the last good offer for the monthly coupon, which is Daz Originals only?) will make me think about renewing my PC membership.

• Hey there
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
But if you buy it right now, you'll get a Platinum Forum Flair!!! How could you live with yourself if you just get a Gold or, heaven forbid, a Silver? :rolleyes:
Ok, here are the (only) tangibles in this offering:
(1) All five of the next Gen 8.1 base models a day before they are released
(2) All five of the HD add-ons for said same models
(3) 2 "mystery" items
(4) Ability to enter contests, flair, and tutorials.

Nah, I'm with OhWee. Imma hard pass as well. Nothing in here is worth an extra $149 up front, especially given that I haven't purchased any of the other Genesis 8.1 models yet.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote