The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Another thing to remember to those of you with "platinum club" benefits remember you get two $6 coupons a month.
their freebies have been a bit lame, but if you keep atop your wishlist, before the end of each month - if you've NOT used PlatClub coupon, sort your wishlist by price -low to high. find things that add up to $6 and apply your coupon. I picked up Aiko 3 Anime bundle for $2, and few other older stuff that fell under the auspice of their guidelines .
Better than letting that coupon just disappear and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done that, right?

Good advice!

Today's Daz sale... my impression is that the Daz sales team is getting more stingy as of late. Not wow'ed at all by today's sale.

As for Renderosity, this may be of note. The Weekly 50-60% off sales group:

also this:

A few other stores are at 50% off as well. These aren't particularly notable, but 60% off seems to be the best we can usually hope for lately at Renderosity (coupons aside) hence the mention. Among others, Mytilus makes some sexy outfits, and his/her store is 60% off, so might be worth a looksee at least...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I just happened to see this, as most of the Daz stuff has been pretty meh, so I haven't been paying much attention. They just announced a 60% off items from selected artists (and some of them are rather nice artists). However, if you purchase a single NEW RELEASE, that discount jumps to 70%. This applies to ANY NEW RELEASE, even something that only costs a few dollars. So if there is something in the sale you want in particular, this may be an opportunity to grab it at a really discounted price. Happy hunting!

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
An interesting deal at daz3D. You can have 70% off almost anything. It is limited to 5 items and is only usable once, but it does not require any other purchase. I did not find anyway to stack with anything other discount, but this deal is not so bad compared to what we had recently.

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
how do you make these shorts? View attachment 1045599
BlueDick What do you mean by "make these shorts"? Unless you want to create a clothing, the main problem is to find a similar asset. Your document is not good enough to be able to find it easily. I cannot even say for sure if it is a sport short or an undie.
People would need a good set of photographs and/or a precise description of what you consider important (the lace, the split on the sides, the length, the color, the material, etc). The photograph seems to be from a promo image. If you give the name of the product, it may help. And you can ask.
But not on this thread that is on shop deals. Rather try for instance https://f95zone.to/threads/3d-software-help-and-assistance-ask-away.11702/

Reactions: BlueDick

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
An interesting deal at daz3D. You can have 70% off almost anything. It is limited to 5 items and is only usable once, but it does not require any other purchase. I did not find anyway to stack with anything other discount, but this deal is not so bad compared to what we had recently.
HUGE limitations on this sale. Can't be used on anything new, can't be used on anything on sale. That's pretty much what I would want to buy right now, so that counts me out.

Reactions: sissyhigashi

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And now, for something completely different ...

Late last year the Hivewire 3D store announced they were closing in early January. Evidently, they're not dead yet.

I just got an email saying that my points account had increased, and now I have more points to spend on HiveWire stuff. If you had an account on HiveWire you may have points, and they can be used to drop the price of HiveWire stuff, which in all honesty is pretty high quality. Happy shopping!

Must have been bogus. When I reloaded the site it said the site was closed. Wonder why I got the email .... hmmmm....

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note.

Until 4 PM Daz3D.com website time (less than 3 1/2 hours from the time of this post), there's a gift card sale. 10% off no prereqs, 15% off with one new release, and 20% of with 2 new releases. I'm guessing that Platinum Club items will qualify (just says you have to buy new releases). So if you were looking for an opportunity to recharge your credit balance, this is far from the best deal I've seen on gift cards, but it's the best deal I've seen since say the first of the year...

So if you are planning on grabbing any March Madness deals, and don't mind banking a bit of store credit at 20% off, this may be your best opportunity before March Madness kicks off...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Another "all your wishlist at 50% off" at renderosity.
Like the previous similar deals, anything that is wishlisted by at list one user is discounted and, indeed, all the store is at 50% off.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Start of "march madness" at daz3D.
Nothing really crazy ATM indeed.
You can have 60% off 3 items (or 5 with a new realease) and if you buy enough you get 5-15% off the cart. What may be interesting is that you keep this off the cart discount for a week.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Start of "march madness" at daz3D.
Nothing really crazy ATM indeed.
You can have 60% off 3 items (or 5 with a new realease) and if you buy enough you get 5-15% off the cart. What may be interesting is that you keep this off the cart discount for a week.
OK, this is a sale structure that I haven't seen before...

Spend $45 now to get an additional 15% off all next week. Note that gift cards are excluded according to the sale. Here's the banner:

Daz022721salebanner.jpg

Thanks for the heads up amster22 !

Now as to whether this sale is worth it, well it is 60% off 3 or 5 select items(8 total if you use both coupons), I'm showing up to 16,326 items in the qualifying category, and my personal wishlist sort for the sale page was almost 800 items. It's a mix of DOs and non DO's. Also, due to 'Daz Math' that extra 15% off turns the 60% off into 66% off, or 76% off for DOs, but still better than nothing. In past years we've seen some interesting moments in MM (particularly 3-4 years ago), so haviing that extra 15% in the background might be interesting.

That being said, yeah I'd shoot for 'just' $45 if there are a few items you've been waiting for a decent sale on for a while and would really like to have, otherwise, yeah its actually only another 6%, so if you've seen the item go on sale for 70% off before, might as well wait some more unless you need something sooner.

I have a 30% off Zev0 loyalty offer message in my Daz inbox, which would have been cool if it stacked with this sale, but as far as I can tell Zev0's catalog isn't included in the sale.

All in all, it's a pretty good offer, but I've seen better deals in past MM sales. The Daz sales team seems a lot more stingy as of late though...

The other Daz3D sale going on today (get 5 DO's for $2.99 if you buy 3 new 'hot pics' new releases) isn't worth it, unless you want the 'hot pics' new release items for some reason. Even then, $2.99 is pretty good, but $1.99 DO items was a thing as recently as last fall...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
This again...

So, IMHO Daz3D.com's March Madness is coming in with a whimper...

/rant on

Once again, the extra 70% off 'Bonus Items' category requires that you have bought a new item in the last 3 days. I'm only seeing one item there, a character that doesn't particularly interest me. I suppose I could try to buy a PC+ new release in a separate cart to see if it triggers the additional discount afterwords... Anyways, my point here is that you'll need to keep the 'new release' clock running for this category. Nontheless, this 'feature' of the MM sale was the source of some of the best deals in last year's MM sale... so you'll have to 'play the game' for that extra 70% off.

Key Items are back, and of course, I don't own the pro bundle in question, as the sale on it when it was introduced a short while ago didn't wow me...

AND, as usual, the sale isn't fully functional. I tried putting a new and a mad related item in the cart, discount remained at 40% off. Hopefully this gets fixed shortly, but 'par for the course' as far as I'm concerned. I wasn't really interested in the items I tried anyways, mainly was just taking the sale for a test drive in my cart.

As I predicted, the 20% off gift card sale a few days back was the best we could hope for on gift cards for now. 18% off GC with any Newly Mad release in today's sale. 15% off with any (other) new release. I'd recommend checking the PC+ items if you plan to participate in the MM sales and your GC balance is running low, buying the gift card with new item, then banking the GC before you participate in the rest of today's sale. The new item should set you up for the extra 70% off category...

$55 PC+ memberships... 21-22% off. That's mighty wide of you Daz Sales team!

$2.99 select PC+ items. The title is misleading, these are actually 'PC+ for a day' items. These are older items, not necessarily that old (seeing a Genesis 3 character in the category for example). There's no 'new' qualifier on this category as far as I can tell, so this might be the category that brings you the most joy discount-wise, besides the 'extra 70% off' item category of course! It's not $1.99, but $2.99 is decent, and they aren't DO's, if there's something there that you've been wanting to have, yeah take a peek.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but if this is an indication of how the month is going to progress...

All in all, pretty much what I expected from the Daz sales team, which has become a lot more stingy with sales as of late. Here's to hoping for some 'blowout' sales as the sale progresses, but this feels like the 'norm' for MM this year. Better than nothing, but yeah...

MEH!

/rant off

Not to be outdone, Renderosity has their own 'MMM' sale. A small handful of vendors each day with discounts between 50% and 60% off. Feels like 'more business as usual', not a true March Madness Mania kinda thing, but hopefully they step up their game. The 60% off stores are pfobably worth a look at least.

Over at Renderotica, nothing jumping out at me, maybe someone else will spot a particularly good deal...

So yeah, seems more like 'Business as usual' today, but no doubt I missed something. The $2.99 PC+ for a day over at Daz3D.com, and the extra 70% off category item is probably the place you'll see the most action in, and of course you'll need to keep the 'key item' thingie in mind if the new items interest you.

I certainly do NOT recommend buying the Honni 8 pro bundle at that price just to trigger the key item discount! Hopefully if you already own it, that invokes the extra 10% off Newly Mad and Mad Artist Stores...

amster22 will probably spot something, usually does and we all appreciate it!

Until tomorrow I guess!
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Thanks for your detailed and interesting post. The "bonus madness" at 70% is good and the 2.99 items also. Besides that the sale is rather disappointing. Some proposals are even not very appealing (with undiscounted assets like the Bugga items or the Honni bundle). You can do much much better daz!!!
I did not even find a way to stack these cuts. I suspect that daz developed an anti-stacking software to test all the combinations in their catalog before putting the sale online!
The only good point is if you got a weekly discount from this weekend sale. This discount works for all the shop (excluding gift cards), even for older sales. So if you were hesitating on a sale 3 or 4 days ago, you can have a stacking extra discount...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today, daz madness is getting madder. There are still the same categories, but many items are in several categories and the reductions stack (yeah!). For instance I have got several items that where supposed to be at 2.99$ for 1.74$ and even some for .72$. And they are not legacy assets, but very nice rather recent g8 clothings or chars.
TBH, I tried to understand, but I did not succeed to discover how the stacking exactly works (and I do not complain).
You should experiment by yourself.

Proverb of the day: "At daz3D, if it seems to good to be true, buy it before the glitch is fixed."

Reactions: Boogie and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks amster22!

I was about to mention that some of the $2.99 PC+ for a day items were cheaper than $2.99... I'll have to watch for the mystery stacking/discounts!

I'd suggest checking your Daz inbox. I'm seeing an extra 60% off up to 3 Blender Compatible items message for owning Blender Bridge in mine, as well a similar message relating to Unreal Bridge... Looks like the two offers are stacking, I put a $2.99 item in my cart from the linked category that dropped it to 49 cents... It's this category btw:

I do want to call out this particular PC+ for a day item:

Yeah, it's for Poser, but it should play nice in Daz, assuming you take the time to hunt it down in your Poser Formats content library folder. As vintage cars go, definitely one to have in the collection somewhere! Make sure you grab the bundle though, and not the 'separated' upgrade pack that is part of the bundle, unless for some reason you already have the base vehicle I suppose...

One other thing. Disregard what I said yesterday about trying to grab a new PC+ item to try to activate the 70% additional Bonus Madness discount category. It appears that you need to grab a Newly Mad item in the last 3 days. So you'll have to buy a Newly Mad item (which tend to be more expensive) to trigger this. I did buy a PC+ new item yesterday, only to notice the 'fine print' later. No joy...

I have an extra shader pack though (that I wouldn't have bought otherwise, DOH!), so that's something I guess...

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I'd suggest checking your Daz inbox. I'm seeing an extra 60% off up to 3 Blender Compatible items message for owning Blender Bridge in mine, as well a similar message relating to Unreal Bridge... Looks like the two offers are stacking, I put a $2.99 item in my cart from the linked category that dropped it to 49 cents... It's this category btw:
Yep, it is insane. I just "purchased" all the bridges and all these items are now around 90% off! Including pro or other bundles.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
okay then, i'll just crawl back under my rock for now.
It was a valid concern you raised, so no worries from my perspective. He said 'purchased' so a clarification that the bridges are actually still freebies is a good thing to know. Other people read this thread as well, so clarifcations are good!

But if it's warm and cozy under your rock, totally understandable!

So, I did grab a few things in Today's sale, for around $2 average per item. So IMHO Today's Daz3D.com sale is definitely worth a looksee. I will note that I grabbed a 'Newly Mad' item today, to try to trigger the extra 70% off on the special item, but that it's still showing the price without the extra 70% discount in a new cart. So I guess I may have to wait until tomorrow to take advantage of this part of the sale maybe. I wasn't really interesded in the 'remote learning room' anyways...

Reactions: sissyhigashi
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote