The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, not a lot impressing me on the Daz Studio sales front atm.

Renderosity has a few 50% off sales running, this isn't particularly unusual.

Renderotica, some sales running but nothing is jumping out at me.

No idea what sales may be going on at ShareCG... stuff goes on sale sometimes but I'm not seeing an announcement mechanism for this, just the 'sale' tag on individual items when they come up in your searches and such.

Daz3D, a few concurrent sales, nothing particularly notable IMHO. I think there may be a bit of sales synergy going on with the Viking bundle sale today (a few of the 'related' items are discounted over 70%, BEFORE the extra 25% off if you buy the qualifying items) but the buy in looks a little steep. Still, if you need some Viking stuff for some reason and need it right now, even though March Madness is coming up soon...

So yeah, not the best discounts I've ever seen, but better than nohing I suppose. Might be worth a look if you are looking for places to burn your January PC+ coupons and haven't done so yet.

In any case, yeah Daz3D's March Madness is coming up in a few weeks, so that might be a good excuse to wait, although there was a blip last year around Valentine's Day where massive discounts popped up briefly, which should be noted. Of course, March Madness could be more like March Meh-ness again, but you can usually find a few good discounts every year depending on what you are looking for.

Carry on and if you spot anything particularly good sales wise, feel free to post it up!

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
So, not a lot impressing me on the Daz Studio sales front atm.
Daz is back to a new flash sale every two hours for featured artists. The current featured artists from 11 a.m. PST are stonemason and outoftouch. Sale changes every 2 hours. Base discount is 55% off, but with any new item the discount bounces to 65% off. See my previous posts on this topic. There are frequently new items in the Daz3D store that are as low as $2, so this is a good way to get an extra discount if there is something compelling you want from the Flash sale of the 2-hour period.

Reactions: OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Daz is back to a new flash sale every two hours for featured artists. The current featured artists from 11 a.m. PST are stonemason and outoftouch. Sale changes every 2 hours. Base discount is 55% off, but with any new item the discount bounces to 65% off. See my previous posts on this topic. There are frequently new items in the Daz3D store that are as low as $2, so this is a good way to get an extra discount if there is something compelling you want from the Flash sale of the 2-hour period.
It appears that I jumped to a conclusion because the three flash sales previous to this one were only 2 hours. The flash sale featuring outoftouch and stonemason is still on. If this type of sale interests you, I would suggest checking in periodically to see if they changed the featured artists (or subscribing to ATI notifications, as I have, which are automatically sent when a new Daz sale appears).

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
It appears that I jumped to a conclusion because the three flash sales previous to this one were only 2 hours. The flash sale featuring outoftouch and stonemason is still on. If this type of sale interests you, I would suggest checking in periodically to see if they changed the featured artists (or subscribing to ATI notifications, as I have, which are automatically sent when a new Daz sale appears).
The Flash sale switches gears again. This time, the featured artists are Sicklyield, bluejaaunte, Valery3D, and ManFriday. If you are hankering for something with a nice discount from one of these, here is your chance. SY makes many utilities that are useful for all sorts of things. Remember add any new purchase no matter how cheap it is, and you get an automatic extra 10% off for a 65% discount off of Flash sale items.

sissyhigashi

Sep 20, 2019
How About ALMOST FREE?
Artist at Renderhub Harts3D has a coupon code of which you can get one of their fine characters for $5.00 each (50% off)

as you can see, other artists have similar codes such as Nabi with 60% off.
These are truly bargains and great to have as base units, and manipulate shapes & tones to your liking.
I do not have any personal interest nor do I profit, other than it helps encourage talented persons to continue their hard work.
I had this in the freebie section but technically, it's NOT free - but, get a nice $5.00 character and please note that Harts3d has both a free genesis 8 character and a genesis 8.1 character morph. Both are beautiful, but I digress.
This is a nice thread I'll have to add to my daz3d bargains.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
DAZ is doing some kind of special sale to "celebrate" the new release of their bridges. You buy two specific new releases and you have an extra 20% on two large sets of items (~20k) that are already discounted at 50% and that include many very new products.
This was similar yesterday and I am 99% certain that tomorrow it will be the same.
The important point is that these sets of discounted items are the same and that the discounts stack. So presently you can pay 0.5*0.8*0.8 for these items (68% off) and, if tomorrow sale is also similar, the discount will be 75% (plus the discount for DO items if you are PC+).

So I would strongly advice you to wait an extra day if you are interested in order to have a full stacking of the discounts (if there is the same sale tomorrow).

This discount is very important and not so common, especially on a very large set of products; But, to be honest, I am not sure that I will use this opportunity. The buy-in requires to purchase 3x2 new items and is very high. Yesterday items were very good, but today ones are rather useless for me, and it will largely depend on tomorrow.
But make your own mind.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
One thing to keep in mind for the PC+ members is that your coupons work one day before and one day after the month. So on top of all the stacking discounts as mentioned by amster22, we could use our February coupon on Sunday to get a better deal.

• Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note, relating to why this thread has been a little more quiet than usual, from my perspective at least, not that it was ragin' before...

I've been checking Daz3D and Renderosity daily, but nothing has really jumped out at me recently.

There have been a few 'looked good until I did the prereqs math' sales on Daz3D, but I felt that the buy-in was too steep, and that the sales weren't particularly unusual. Hence, I didn't see any point in calling them out as I've seen better deals in the past (even the recent past). It seemed more like 'business as usual' than 'screaming deal' to me.

Renderosity has had a few 50% off sales recently, but this isn't particularly unusual, again hence why I haven't called them out.

The goal here, from my perspective at least, is to help people stretch their Daz dollars (euros, etc.) as far as they can, and right now I think it may pay to wait another 3-4 weeks for the Daz3D March Madness sale to kick off. The last couple of years the March Madness sales have been more like 'March Meh-ness' compared to previous years, but there have been notable moments in the MM sales nonetheless.

There was a blip last year around Valentine's Day, so we may have a notable sales moment or two soon, but this may revolve around Daz3D.com midnight, and not last for the entire day if last year is any indication.

That annual October-November PA sale over at Daz3D is usually pretty good, but of course if you are new to Daz Studio, you may need to buy stuff between now and then... and there other really nice deals on Daz3D.com that that show up throughout the year, not just in the Fall...

So, as usual, you should be prepared to move quickly should said blip show up in the next couple of weeks, but otherwise I suggest setting money aside as usual for the next big Daz3D.com gift card sale. Last year we saw a couple of moments where gift cards were over 40% off around this time (with prereq qualifiers of course), and gift cards (when they go on sale) are a great way to stretch your Daz3D.com budget.

So, as the old saying goes, 'hurry up and wait!'. You never know when the next screamin' deal may show up, and calling out those moments is the whole point of this thread after all! And, of course, if anyone sees anything notable on the various Daz Studio related asset sites, along with others I look forward to hearing about it!

Last edited:
Reactions: sissyhigashi

sissyhigashi

Sep 20, 2019
there are other vendors. Sadly, Daz must be under new management and therefore they're targeting a new breed of buyers & artists. The freebies for the last few months have been foliage or (mostly) something I already purchased. and don't get me started on their (lack thereof) gallery. Now I'm not going to knock the f95zone - far from it! Since all my renders turn in to pron - beasty pron at that. (*can i get a woof-woof?) but I digress. there are other vendors/places to get freebies or near freebies such as renderhub, sharecg, deviantart, cgaxis, renderotica, etc. Everyone gives freebies and most keep their prices reasonable. the ones I've not mentioned, I don't patronize. Heck, if my health wasn't failing so rapidly and my old laptop aging as well, I'd give a better effort to learn to create my own characters. but I'm old. I've only got time to play with my digital paper dolls & dogs. Heck, this is one of my favorite sites!. Thank you F95.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at daz, there is one of the best deals in the recent weeks. You need to buy any new item over $5, and you can select 3 (or 4 for PC+) products at 2.99$ in an item set. The item set is very large (1000+) and only contains reasonably recent g8F or g3F. Mostly chars, clothing, textures and hair, but also some poses and some envs and a couple of bundles.
Note that this does not work with several cheap new items. A unique new item over $5 is required.
You can repeat the purchase several times.

Last edited:

sissyhigashi

Sep 20, 2019
Today at daz, there is one of the best deals in the recent weeks. You need to buy any new item over $5, and you can select 3 (or 4 for PC+) products at 2.99$ in an item set. The item set is very large (1000+) and only contains reasonably recent g8F or g3F. Mostly chars, clothing, textures and hair, but also some poses and some envs and a couple of bundles.
Note that this does not work with several cheap new items. A unique new item over $5 is required.
You can repeat the purchase several times.
I hate when those sales are only up for a few hours....

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
With the arrival of Valentine day, some interesting sales.

At daz3D, you can get free g3 items if you buy at least a featured new item, depending on the amount in your cart (for instance, for a $10 cart, you get 30$ worth free g3 items).

At rendero also many sales. Many artist are at 50%, some are even up to 60%. On top of that, you can get an extra 15% off (the coupon does not work for all items, but most are concerned and some items already at 60% off can even get this discount. It expires tonight).

Some interesting Valentine deals at renderotica also. Their sale page is not very clear and many sales are only ~20%, but I noticed Layla at 50% off.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, trying to figure out the discount stacking at Daz3D.com today for the Valentine's Day sale. I'm not seeing a lot of sales synergy as far as discounts go, but others (say amster22 ) might spot something.

I do want to call out the Frontline Heroes bundle. At this time, I'm seeing it for $7.20 in my cart. There are a lot of items in this bundle, so if you don't have some/most of them already, it might be worth snagging, particularly if you have need of hospital scenes stuff. I think the huge discount is a glitch, so move quickly if you want it...

Anyways, yeah a few things on sale today. Use your best judgement. I suggest using the Daz Deals options to figure out the best deals (sort by % off, etc.). Not the best discounts I've ever seen, but better than usual in a few cases.

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
So, trying to figure out the discount stacking at Daz3D.com today for the Valentine's Day sale. I'm not seeing a lot of sales synergy as far as discounts go, but others (say amster22 ) might spot something.
The daz valentine discounts are indeed rather disappointing.
I just noticed a synergy between today staff pick bundle discount at 60% and the 50% discount some days ago if you bought the year of the ox bundle It does not work for every bundle (and may be unwanted), but you can get 86% off a staff pick bundle.

Just one last notable thing. Whatever you buy, remember that by adding a 8.1 item, you can get a bunch of free g3 items.
And do not forget to use the PC+ coupons!

sissyhigashi

Sep 20, 2019
Not to disrespect the content creators, but some of the items (offered in) some of the bundles are old stuff that probably didn't sell at the asking price OR one already owns MOST of the content. Unless you've got beaucoup bucks to burn on things you're gonna just use once or twice, then they are quite deals. but after you own a few hundred items outright, you'll begin to realize their sales are pretty much on an annual rotation. if they were on sale last week, they'll be on sale in 2022 week 15?
There are MANY sales throughout the year: March Madness, Anniversary, Holiday, etc. Best to focus on what YOU want to accomplish - add stuff to your "favorites" check up on them perhaps weekly (if you haven't lost focus - yet)
Define your budget coz it goes ca-ching really quick - OR - dedicate 1 credit card only for 3d software/content.
Check Daz3d every week after logging in by sorting them price-low to highest. Anything in front of the Gift Card is usually free.
Or you can do a search 100% and it SHOULD list the freebies (you don't already own). Other sites can be sorted this way too.
Remember that: OTHER SITES. AND they usually don't charge additional fees for licenses.
That's why the thing to do is buy the gift cards when they're ON SALE, then load your Store Credit if you haven't spent it yet.
But I'd be a hypocrite if I still did that after 2 years of Dazzing. current balance = $0. But that can be that I DO go to Renderhub, Renderotica, Renderosity, Forender, ShareCG, etc equally. Daz3d isn't specifically dependent on persons doing this professionally or with endless funding but as an hobbyist. But they do have consistency with their content quality;
but that also means their pricing is also consistent. That doesn't mean the artist is greedy coz you can see the artists' content that is perpetually on sale and/or offered as a weekly freebie. yes, weekly freebies. but once you've been on daz3d for a few years, they fewer and farther in between. then, they give you a discount of some sort. Are you a Platinum Club Member?
Really nice with daz3d (I don't know about Renderosity as I am not "Prime Member") 3 or 4 times a year, their club membership is on sale too. You can renew for $35 instead of $70. Alright, did I miss anything? Oh - Buccaneer Sites = caveat emptor.
Before you know it, you're spending all your time hording stuff and not creating renders nor learning something new.
There, I addressed it. Yes, you can get original freebies from those sites as well as (this one), Sharecg, DeviantArt, etc.
I'm looking forward to seeing your renders. The simple fact that you're asking is a telling sign you have "ideas" you want to express with other like-minded persons WITHOUT being shamed by a bunch of self-righteous hypocrites buggering off to theirs or your art. Heck, my renders suck almost as bad as my 10 year old laptop, but that's me and those are (the least of) my problem(s). Enjoy.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Been checking out the Daz3D.com site sales. Again, pretty good sales but not particularly excepional. They are vaulting a few more pre-Genesis era items plus a couple of others, so if you collect the old stuff for some reason, might be worth a looksee. I'm a bit surprised to see post V4 era stuff on the way to the vault, so if you dabble in say pre-Genesis 3 stuff, again you may want to take a look before it gets vaulted.

I DO want to call out this package:

It includes Aiko 3.0 along with a number of items, including the Sailor uniform and Captain's uniform. You can autofit a fair amount of this stuff to newer figures with varying results. For $2, I think it might be worth picking up if you collect or otherwise occasionally use pre-Genesis era stuff.

I'm not a fan of vaulting, as the stuff still takes up server space and somebody might want something at some point, but it is what it is.

Anyways, on the Renderosity front, again seems like 'business as usual'. 50% off is better than 0% off I suppose, but I've seen better deals.

(steps on soapbox)

As a quick note, I just wanted to re-iterate my personal sales strategy. As I have a bunch of freebies and paid stuff in my Daz Studio libraries already, I'm not in a particular hurry to grab stuff unless it's on sale for really cheap. As such, when I finish adding items to my cart, I'll divide the total amount by the number of items in my cart (minus the 'usual' weekly freebies). If the number is over $2 an item, I'll strongly consider passing.

I'll also look at the Daz Deals plugin sales history graph to get an idea on if the item has ever been near that cheap before (Keep in mind that additional discounts are often NOT accounted for in the graph). I've seen older items in general drop below $2 a number of times, but some PA stores/items seem to not make it into 'killer' sales...

If an item is approaching $5 or more At Daz3D.com, and isn't brand new and something I WILL use about immediately, I'll pretty much pass on it. Really if my cart average exceeds $3 per non-freebie item, I'm probably passing.

Of course, as I noted my Daz Library has thousands of items in it at this point, so it is easier for me to be patient. If you are just getting started, and need some stuff now, that is fully understandable.

That being said, I do recommend that people learn to be patient with Daz3D.com store sales, and install the Daz Deals plugin and set the graph tracking to '1 year' so that you can get an idea of if the item in question has been cheaper in the recent past. It's no guarantee, but usually if it goes on sale for cheaper more than once a year...

Also, be mindful that 'blips' do occasionally happen with the Daz Deals graph. In particular, there's the 'early Nov' blip which if you were able to take advantage of it cool, but otherwise I'd consider that one an anomoly...

There was a gift card sale as part of a sale last week, but it was only 15% off and as I remember there was a prereq so it wasn't really notable. That being said, if your credit balance (from gift cards) is low, grabbing a gift card at a lesser discount is better than no discount at all. There's a good chance we'll see another gift card oriented sale before March Madness kicks off, and of course people will call it out here if/when it happens.

You get the idea here. Patience, and noting when people call out particular sales, can help you stretch your Daz deals further, so keep that in mind.

Lately, I feel like the Daz3D sales team has been a bit more conservative with sales, which could be the start of a new trend. I guess we'll see how March Madness goes...

Now, as for the Daz (and usable in Daz) content sales at other stores, by all means continue to call out those sales! People wanna know!!!

(steps off soapbox)

:unsure:

Reactions: Boogie

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo, today's Daz3d.com sale...

Short form, spend $65.68 or more (depending on the add-ons) for Torment 8.1 Temptations Bundle and 2 Temptations add-ons, Get $80 off of select legacy items, and discounts on other select items, and 15% off of a gift card.

The fact that $20 of that is '$5 off off one item in each of four categories' means that you'll end up spending the difference on said items, so you'll end up spending more for those items.

So this ends up almost being a '50% off' or 'sorta BOGO' kinda thing. Keep in mind that if you wait a couple of months for this bundle to be 'no longer new', you can just wait for the next 50%+ off sale, but of course then you need to factor in the 'freebies'...

I've seen better deals in the past, but if you want this Temptations 8.1 guy and that gal that's in the bundle, better than nothing I suppose. As for the GC deal, well if your credit balance is running low, again better than nothing, but keep in mind that you'll have to pay 'full/non-GC discount price' for the cart items instead of using your 'discounted' store credit, whatever that may be averaging out to be ATM. So it might pay to wait for a better Gift Card sale if you can, but there's no guarantee that just because we saw better GC sales in the past that we'll see another one before MM kicks off...

It also might pay to wait until later in the day today, or maybe another day or two to see if any coupons appear in your messages, but of course that's a 'roll your dice, take your chances' kinda thing if you wait until tomorrow... the sale should stick around for a couple of days, but there is precedent for sales gettng pulled the next day.

amster22 etc. might have some thoughts on this, or y'all might see something I'm missing here...

More 50% off sales at Renderosity, not particularly unusual IMHO.

One other note, and a followup to my comments in the post above this one. My '$2 average' goal is something I do at Daz3D.com, but at Renderosity, I'm more willing to spend $3-5 on stuff depending on what's on sale and if the discount is higher than 50% off. The reason my target is lower at Daz3D.com is because, while 'MSRP' base prices are often higher, we do see a number of 'slightly/fairly older' items getting discounted to $2 or less routinely in certain Daz3D store sales, plus then there is the 'buy this, get freebies' thing that goes on.

Renderosity does have BOGO sales on individual items occasionally when introductory discounted new items are introduced, but otherwise they don't really do a lot of 'associated freebies' offers, although occasionally a Content Creator will throw in a freebie out of the blue after you buy something.

Also, there's the $3.50 Prime items that I'll jump on occasionally, but of course you need to be a Prime member for those. I'll probably grab a Renderosity Prime membership one more time, but I didn't get a lot of use out of Prime last year due to most of my monthly Daz Studio budget getting spent at Daz3D.com... So YMMV with prime. The increased 'cash back' points and monthly 20% off coupon are nice at least.

Food for thought!
:unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I completely agree with OhWee. Today sale may seems interesting, but, unless you are really interested by the temptation bundle, it is not IMHO. The 60$ free items is an illusion. It concerns very old assets. Many of them are charged 15$ or 20$, but are regularly discounted at 1.99$. And the cheaper ones can even be bundled for a couple of $ for 8 items. So the 60$ "gift" is closer to 10 or 15$. The 5$ off select items leads to a price similar to what one can daily get in the "featured artists" section. And as OhWee noted, the gift card discount forces you to do an expensive purchase at full price.

I must say that since december there are no really interesting offer from daz. Rather disappointing. But at least, it is the best way to do savings!

sissyhigashi

Sep 20, 2019
Another thing to remember to those of you with "platinum club" benefits remember you get two $6 coupons a month.
their freebies have been a bit lame, but if you keep atop your wishlist, before the end of each month - if you've NOT used PlatClub coupon, sort your wishlist by price -low to high. find things that add up to $6 and apply your coupon. I picked up Aiko 3 Anime bundle for $2, and few other older stuff that fell under the auspice of their guidelines .
Better than letting that coupon just disappear and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has done that, right?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote