The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, weird stacking here. Here is the promotion: Get an EXTRA 65% OFF 3 Items in your cart.
Use Coupon Code at checkout: MADNESS-2021

Ok, so I apply this discount to three heavily discounted products, ,

, and . The end result after applying the coupon is that all three cost exactly $2.93 (purchased, of course, with a heavily discounted gift card). I suppose you could apply this discount (the Madness-2021 one) to something more expensive, but there wasn't anything more expensive I wanted, and I am happy to walk away with 2 new female Genesis 8 actors and a hairstyle for a few bucks.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Very useful information seamanq and not documented at daz3D and I stupidely missed it .
It does not work on new releases, but a good strategy to spend this coupon can be the MAD artist store. They are at 50% (if you buy 2), but many already have a larger discount and with the extra 65%, you can get very good deals (>90%).

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a tip for March Madness.

So, part of the sale is if you pick 2+ items from the associated "New' or 'Featured Artist' sections, you get a 10% higher discount.

I HIGHLY recommend that you look at the Featured Artists section, click 'View These Artists together' and then sort by % off or sort by Price from Low to High. Some items will have higher discounts than others, which may be otherwise 'hidden' or easy to miss, and, at least for today, there's a number of cheap PC+ items in the mix.

You can also just do this for the entire store of course, which is a good idea to check for higher discounts that you might othewise miss, plus freebies, maybe hiding the PC+ items to spot the other 'larger than usual' discounts more easily.

So, in association with the coupon that seamanq pointed out, you can add a PC+ 'Featured Artist Item' to boost the discount, if for some reason you didn't pick 2+ qualifying items from the categories for the 10% higher discount. The coupon doesn't apply to PC+ items, just the first three qualifying items in your cart. So yeah, you'll need to put the items you want the coupon discount to apply to in your cart first...

I can verify that the 'Newly Mad' item I picked yesterday is helping with today's Bonus Madness item, as advertised. So it appears that you have to wait until the next day to trigger the extra 70% off, at least that's my experience ATM.

I just so happened to own today's key item, so yay I guess. This is the part of the sale that I hate the most, as it's almost 'random' as to whether you'll have the key item or not. But it is what it is...

Definitely worth giving the sale a looksee at least!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I HIGHLY recommend that you look at the Featured Artists section, click 'View These Artists together' and then sort by % off or sort by Price from Low to High. Some items will have higher discounts than others, which may be otherwise 'hidden' or easy to miss, and, at least for today, there's a number of cheap PC+ items in the mix.
I just did this today and am spotting some nice stuff. For example, this which is a PC+ item, a Daz original, and will work on Genesis 8 models (without incantations and dragging out the goat entrails). My price on it is $1.61 before any additional discounts, and I can use my coupons on it as well. That is an 88% off deal, before an other discounts are applied. The more items in the cart, the more the price goes down.

Reactions: OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, so stacking up stuff from following OhWee's recommendations, I ended up with three locations, 2 actors, a nice dress, a video on doing animations, and a texture for something I already have. Net cost was $22 but since most of these are Daz Originals, I applied my 6 for 18 coupon and dropped that to $16.08, bought, of course, with heavily discounted gift card credits. Some of the per prices were ridiculous, $0.92 for the Beach Pod, $0.88 for the dress previously mentioned that works on Genesis 8 models. The two most expensive were the Romantic Hotel Room ($3.11) and for ($3.11). This means I still have my $6 off on Daz Originals to spend if I find goodies later on during the sale.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, now for some manipulation where I wanted poses for what I was doing but didn't want to pay full price. I loaded up the from Zedicuss because I needed it for a scene I am building (actually, a few scenes). The orginal price was $10 and change, which isn't terrible, but is more than I wanted to pay. I loaded OhWee's suggestions, and found two cheapie items, the Crocus and PS-Yneva FacePlay for V4, both at right around a dollar. After doing that, the pose pack dropped to $7.63 (I think a 58% reduction), the crocus ended up being $0.64, and the FacePlay ended up being $0.84, with the total being $9.19 out the door (of course, off of heavily discounted gift card credits). The savings would have been much more if the pose back had been more expensive, but I will take what i can get. I just wanted to post this to illustrate how the current sales at Daz3D can be manipulated to get discounts on things you actually want and need.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Shifting gears today.

Renderosity's MMM (March Madness Mania) sale is ongoing. A few notable stores are 60% off today:

It's rare to see discounts higher than 60% off over at Renderosity, Prime items and coupons increasing the discount aside, so might be worth a look.

Over at Renderotica.com, they are sorta kinda in the MM spirit...

As for Daz3D.com 's MM sale today, nothing jumping out at me. Still some OK discounts, but the last couple of days seemed more interesting for some reason. No PC+ items in the Mad Related Artists today, so the 'buy cheap PC+ Mad Artist items' strategy seems to be off the table for today. The $2.99 PC+ For a Day category is still worth a looksee of course!

Oh, and the Daz Sales team is feeling mighty wide again. $55 PC+ memberships, or around 20%ish off. C'mon guys!
(note that I renewed my membership last fall for another year, but I feel for anyone who wants to join or needs to renew).

Others may spot something I missed here, but a breather r.e. my Daz3D store spending until MM picks up again isn't a bad thing IMHO...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hey y'all!

I'm sure a few of you may have checked today, but in the Daz3D March Madness sale, under Mad Artists, a number of cheaper PC+ items have returned. Also, if you received the coupons related to Blender, etc. you may want to check your inbox and click on the link again. It looks like you can use the '3 items for discounted price' offer again. There may also be a 40% off a Daz Original Female offer lingering in your inbox as well, depending on whether you met the 'purchase criteria' or not.

So today might be a good opportunity to 'snipe' at an item or two, and get them off of your wishlist. Also, usual $2.99 PC+ for a day stuff too...

Reactions: amster22

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, now it makes sense to pull the trigger. The sale claims that you get 20% off for spending $200 or more on a gift card, and if you buy ONE Newly Mad product, it jumps another 10%. That part was a lie. It only jumps to 28% (instead of 30% as it implies). All the same, the Newly Mad product I bought dropped from $11 something to just under $5, as well as a suit that I needed for a shoot I am doing that was around $11 that dropped to under $8 in the same transaction. So, as a result of all of this, I got $300 in store credit for the purchase of something under $5 that I would not have bought and $216. I call that a win. Anyone who is out of gift card or store credit may want to look at this as 28% is the best result I have seen so far during what I call March Meh-ness.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And that set up the rest of the story ... There was a bunch of Genesis 8 hair on sale for $2.99 that you could get if you purchased two Newly Mad/Still Mad releases. I was able to snag 2 that discounted down from $13.99 and $7.33 into $8.98 and $4.71 in my cart. This of course triggered the hair sale where I was able to get 8 hairstyles that I actually wanted for $2.99 each. That and a few G3 models (and hairstyles) that I wanted to "get legal" on). All in, everything (all 15 items) were under $50 (of discounted gift card credits).

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Ok, now it makes sense to pull the trigger. The sale claims that you get 20% off for spending $200 or more on a gift card, and if you buy ONE Newly Mad product, it jumps another 10%. That part was a lie. It only jumps to 28% (instead of 30% as it implies).
This is the way daz works when they say "get an extra x% off". If you have 20% off, you pay 0.80 of the price. Then if you have an extra 10%, this is multiplied by 0.90 to get 0.72 of the price or 28% off. But this is a fair discount for gift cards, indeed.
All the same, the Newly Mad product I bought dropped from $11 something to just under $5, as well as a suit that I needed for a shoot I am doing that was around $11 that dropped to under $8 in the same transaction. So, as a result of all of this, I got $300 in store credit for the purchase of something under $5 that I would not have bought and $216. I call that a win. Anyone who is out of gift card or store credit may want to look at this as 28% is the best result I have seen so far during what I call March Meh-ness.
Just a small trick. There are some extremely cheap items in the "mad artists" (<1$). If you only want to buy a unique newly mad item to get the GC discount, you can also buy one of these cheap (and probably useless) items; This adds 10% off both your items and you can globally gain .2 or .3$.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just a small trick. There are some extremely cheap items in the "mad artists" (<1$). If you only want to buy a unique newly mad item to get the GC discount, you can buy one of these cheap (and probably useless) items; This adds 10% off both your items and you can globally gain .2 or .3$.
Yeah, like that. I am all about buying the cheap "qualifying" stuff as long as it lets me get what I want.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, today's Daz3D.com March Madness sale.

It's essentially 'more of the same' as far as the MM sales have been going so far. I do want to call out this PC+ for a day item:

3 items for 3 bucks (bundle), it's Genesis 3 yeah but some of us still use Genesis 3 regularly...

Also, a bunch of Star! freebies, so I'd recommend sorting the main Shop page by price low to high to spot all of the current freebies. Sure Star! is old, but free is free and maybe you need to create a 'cartoony render' for a tv screen or something because you want to have cartoons on the screen... Or maybe you just have a Star! fetish and enjoy depicting her getting banged...

Note: This is Star2 for G3F, not the original Star! - but you can usually autofit the older Star! stuff to Star 2....

Also, as usual, sort by % off to spot the better discounts, and use the 'View these artist together' function for today's Mad Artists to (again) spot the better deals... some PC+ items in Mad Artists again today, in case you need a cheap item while you 'snipe' another (single) item off of your wishlist and want to maximize your discounts. Or maybe you just like the PC+ items in question...

The 70% off pre-Genesis 8 pro bundles, I've seen better offers, even having them offered for 'free' when you bought some other bundle in the past, but of course there's no way of knowing if we'll see such freebie deals in the future. There may be stacking discounts in play, of course, I'll let others comment on those if they spot them.

I'm sure other people will spot other notable deals, feel free to call them out!

Last edited:
Reactions: sissyhigashi

sissyhigashi

Sep 20, 2019

Not sure if I'll get 'splained-to' for posting this here, but...
there is this contest on daz3d. Not just ANY contest, but a contest with prizes.
I've enclosed a few screenshots, but follow that link for more clarity.
Did i mention you can get 30% off at checkout if you use code: IWD21 ?
Did i mention you can get a FREE CHARACTER with the code: FREE-4-ME ?
Read the page carefully and render
" Choose to Challenge, by creating a render that celebrates the strength and empowerment of women worldwide. "
hashtag it on any social media site with " #MadeWithDaz " and submit your entry.
Good Luck as if you really need it, right?

• Love
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Did i mention you can get 30% off at checkout if you use code: IWD21 ?
Actually, this only works for a small set of chars "women of IWD".
If you own Mabel 8 (and you definitely should as it is free today), you can get 40% off two chars out of a much larger set of females with coupon WOMENS-DAY

And some of them are already at 2.99$ (and you can stack discounts)...

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
This is probably one of the steals in the 2.99 section today.

Contains 10 heads, 10 bodies, and 10 shape presents, plus apply and remove. The possibilities are exponential! For someone who wants a unique look with not a whole lot of work, that a darn fine price for an asset that can be infinitely giving.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
There is some other cool stuff lurking in the artist sales (thanks to OhWee's suggestion to sort prices low to high). You have to click on things to reveal what they are for, though. For example, I found this that is actually Genesis 8 compatible, but you have to click on it to see that as it is not in the name of the product. The cost is a very affordable $1.61 (could be more with other associated discounts). Some dress clothes for G3 Male here: for a discounted price of $2.09 (it is very hard to find decent dress clothes for men, and certainly not cheap. I need them for a scene I am framing that needs dressed up men for TV interviews). And some nice for $3.74. Prices actually went up after I added several items. Adding some still mad or newly mad didn't do anything from the artist stores, however, the newly mad and still mad products dropped by quite a bit. I am still not sure what the pricing logic is here.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, yeah, March Madness continues. Bought the hovercraft yesterday, with the intention of maybe converting it to one of these:

pocket-ogre-game-rules-9-638.jpg

I think I have a .obj of one of these somewhere, but the Daz model is articulated and looked interesting, and the price was reasonable, soooo...

Anyways, I almost grabbed the bundle deal yesterday, until I did the 'divide by number of items in cart' thing, which was WAAAAY over my comfort zone threshold, and the cart was over $50, so I dumped almost everything in my cart. I found myself asking the question "but do I really want/need all of this stuff?". The answer was no, so although the 'additional textures' and that 8.1 dude were interesting and the price was decent, paying money for textures for stuff I didn't own, and an addon guy for some guy I also don't own yet, seemed silly...

Just wanted to share that. My point here is:
Don't get swept into the 'but it's a really good deal!' mentality. If you end up not using it, spending a fair amount of money on something you'll never use, yeah...

Now, if we ever get one of those '25 cents or less per item' sales in a Daz3D March Madness sale again, that's kind of another story, as prices THAT low make it worth it to snag something that you may find a use for at some point in the future (admittedly, these will be older items, so not worth full price at this point IMHO, but pennies on the dollar? Yeah!). But the new Daz sales team really seems to be trying a lot harder to keep the 'average cart' prices up this time around. Sure there are some cheaper PC+ items, but then that's the entire point of PC+, they are cheaper to begin with.

I'm begrudgingly grabbing a few of the PC+ for a day $2.99 items as they show up, but only if they are stuff that I think I'll actually want or things that have been on my wishlist for a while that I need to grab at some point. Wish it was $1.99 though, and I've passed on quite a few of those if I see that they were $1.99 in the PA sale last fall, but somehow I missed them at that time...

Yeah, I'm being a bit of a cheap bastard, but I need to stretch my Daz budget as best I can.

/rant off

Anyways, I'm not paying attention to the sales as closely this week as I'm in 'fan art character morphing' mode, so I very much appreciate seamanq , amster22 and the rest of you that are calling out the deals! I would have totally missed the Women's Day coupon deal if y'all hadn't pointed it out. Yeah, I saw the sales page, but I missed the coupon nuance thing. I very much appreciated the heads up y'all!
(y)

So keep letting us know what y'all are spotting this week!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Haha, thumbs up for the GEV page. (y)

I've still got my Ogre rule book packed in a box somewhere...
You'll appreciate this then:

He's done a few others as well...

Reactions: Boogie
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote