The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3d. One can get 10% off the cart for a purchase above $30 with coupon PCDEALZ.
(Limited to PC+ members)
One interest is that is works with anything (including memberships , gift cards).

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Flash sale at daz3d. One can get 10% off the cart for a purchase above $30 with coupon PCDEALZ.
(Limited to PC+ members)
One interest is that is works with anything (including memberships , gift cards).
This does stack on other discounts. I had a cart full of stuff that was mostly discounted between 76 and 86% due to buying two new (but very cheap) releases on the Mother's day sale, but hadn't pulled the trigger yet. So I applied the PCDEALZ coupon to the cart and it took an extra 10% off. SWEET!

So at the end of the day, 2 characters plus hair, 2 hairstyles, 2 outfits, a Police Car (needed for a future in-game scene) and the mandatory 2 new releases (combined cost $5), retailed at 185.55, and after the discounts ended up being $41.99, which, purchased with a 25% off gift card, ended up right around $33 total. Not a bad haul for such little money.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Couple of quick notes:

Today's Roller Queen bundle sale at Daz3D (whatever it's called) includes some increased discounts on other bundles, and also the featured PA's. While not particularly unusual, I did notice a couple of bundles were already discounted by more than the 'usual' 30% off, so might be worth a looksee at least:

If you are doing the Genesis 8.1 thing, and like roller boogie...

Also, this is more of a 'preplanning' thing, but I noticed that a Peterbuilt tanker semi was on sale for 50% off. So I checked out the vendor in question, which has a number of cool 'classic' vehicles, say if you wanted to recreate Cannonball Run or Smokey and the Bandit, or just like 50s-60s and other eras vintage stuff.

Might be worth checking out 3DClassic's store to wishlist the stuff you like for later, for the next time that store goes on sale, or when Renderosity has a '50% off wishlist' sale again. I'm not expecting another one of those sales before Christmas, but anything's possible:

Reactions: Baka plays

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. Many items and tutorials from Dreamlight are at $2.99 (or $1.99 for PC+).
I really like the dreamlight hdris.
Some of the tuts are good, too.

But for me, there is nothing interesting in this sale (got everything I need before)

Reactions: Baka plays

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Bah, just missed the Flash sale. Price reverted right when I went to check out.

If you need spaceships & other space stuff and are PC+ and haven't already bought all the cheap PC+ things, the current bundle+add-on deal is pretty good. You get a 60% discount that stacks on the already PC+-priced items (a lot of $2 and $5 items), and then you get for free the first $15 of stuff after all discounts are applied, so you can pick up like $35 worth of PC+ stuff this way. Assuming you want anything in the bundle to make it actually worthwhile.

1620944131184.png

Personally I've already got most of what I want from the selection, so some of the above stuff was just junk I kept adding until it stopped being free.

It doesn't look like a great deal if you're not PC+.

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. You can get 50-70% off a set of items (mostly modern or ancient weapons) by buying 1-4 and a new release over $5
Note that these items are partly common with a set that gives you a $5-$25 discount with the purchase of 'fun in the sun' new releases which can give a very large discount stacking.
(unfortunately, I am not really interested by either weapons or 'fun in the sun' items, but maybe you are)

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. You can get 50-70% off a set of items (mostly modern or ancient weapons) by buying 1-4 and a new release over $5
Note that these items are partly common with a set that gives you a $5-$25 discount with the purchase of 'fun in the sun' new releases which can give a very large discount stacking.
(unfortunately, I am not really interested by either weapons or 'fun in the sun' items, but maybe you are)
A similar flash sale with asian assets and a 50-70% discount with a new release for 1-4+ items.
Includes envs, cloths and chars
Several items can also get an extra discount when combined with 'fun in the sun' new releases.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I just thought I would share this, because it happened to me on a recent order. I don't remember the sale, but the offer was if you buy from the featured artists' stores, you get 60% off. If you buy an original item, you get an additional 10% off. Here's how Daz interprets this. The 60% and the 10% are NOT ADDITIVE. They are multiplicative. This means that you get 60% off, plus 10% of 60%, which comes to ~63-64% off.

It should be kept in mind that Daz will do things in whatever way that turns out best for them. Frankly, I think it's pretty stinky. The other new thing that I just saw for the first time was a stipulation that the New Item had to be $5 or more. They do not recognize that seasoned customers will see through this garbage and it serves as a disincentive to buy more.

BTW. I believe this is a deceptive trade practice. Here is what the original ad said:

Build your future sale.png

The offer is for 60% off, but if a New Release is purchased, you are supposed to get AN EXTRA 10% OFF. That is intentionally worded to suggest an additional 10% off of the original price, not a discounted price. I have advised them that I feel that this was an intentionally misleading and deceptive business practice that I expect them to fix.

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
The 60% and the 10% are NOT ADDITIVE. They are multiplicative. This means that you get 60% off, plus 10% of 60%, which comes to ~63-64% off.

BTW. I believe this is a deceptive trade practice. Here is what the original ad said:
I have advised them that I feel that this was an intentionally misleading and deceptive business practice that I expect them to fix.
They've been doing that for years so I doubt they're gonna change. See mentions of "daz math" in the daz forums.

Currently Flash sale is: all the items from all of today's flash sales 50%-70% off depending how many you buy if you buy new release over $5. So basically, all the earlier flash sales combined. (I.e., once again you're penalized for going for an earlier sale because a later one is strictly better.)

I don't actually see much overlap between the 'select items' from the fun-in-the-sun sale and the items from the flash sales.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
They've been doing that for years so I doubt they're gonna change. See mentions of "daz math" in the daz forums.

Currently Flash sale is: all the items from all of today's flash sales 50%-70% off depending how many you buy if you buy new release over $5. So basically, all the earlier flash sales combined. (I.e., once again you're penalized for going for an earlier sale because a later one is strictly better.)

I don't actually see much overlap between the 'select items' from the fun-in-the-sun sale and the items from the flash sales.
Well, this was news to me. I'm ok with that, however. If they don't want to fix it, I'm just going to ask them to cancel the entire $100+ order. I don't like being cheated.

Reactions: tk99 and glassware

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so Daz3D has this weird thing going on where if your cart is over $25, you'll accumulate a 5% discount each day that will apply to sales next week. I'm not a fan of this, but I'm sure that others will give it a go.

There are some other discounts going on in today's Fire and Fury sale, but I'm burned out on sales ATM so I'll leave it to others here to translate.

As for the commentary about Daz3D sales tactics, I tend to agree, which is why I don't feel bad about taking advantage of glitches when they happen. I've been on the bad end of not knowing what's coming next enough times (i.e. bigger discount if I had just waited a day, etc.) that I've learned to jump on such things. They've gotten better about not having glitches around Daz Midnight, none have happened recently that come to mind, except maybe for the store changeover in November.

Sure, the Daz3D.com store policy does allow returns (unless it's changed recently) but going through the whole Customer Service Ticket process is very annoying. It'd just be better if the sales were more consistent, but that's probably not going to happen.

Unintended stacking of sales does still happen occasionally (note the gift card glitch in the last couple of weeks), and again, I don't feel bad if I get in under the wire on these sales.

As several of you know, I have a LOT more respect for the Renderosity sales team strategy. We know when sales are going to end, and the sales themselves tend to be very straightforward. I should shop there more, just waiting for the right sales I guess...

But with the Daz3D.com store, ya gotta play the game if you want to get the best discounts. I'm burned out on caring about Daz sales at the moment, but I do still buy stuff occasionally. The 'PC+ for a day' sales are my usual 'go to' sales at this point. I don't like rewarding 'bad behavior' either, but unless you can get all of the customers on board with such strategy, the Daz store will always find buyers for their stuff, so they won't miss continued purchasing from their more experienced customers.

But yeah, very annoying nonetheless!

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Not entirely sure why, but it seems you can get some stacking discount on pro bundles.
I did not completely succeed to reproduce that.
The TIME2SHOP coupon seems to give 20% off the cart and it is a very good thing to know.
With the "drago" bundle, additional pro bundle drop to 80% off (with the coupon), but I don't understand why.
And I do not either understand where one gets the extra 25% that leads to 86% off a pro bundle.
Daz is sometimes unpredictable.
But thanks for the coupon.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Not entirely sure why, but it seems you can get some stacking discount on pro bundles.
Ok, I am not sure why this is happening, but I looked at your list and tried a few hypotheses. First of all, adding the Drago Fire and Fury bundle takes 65% off the top. It appears adding the dForce Rivera Chic dress, the dForce R Skirt Dress, and Ciel for Genesis 8 Female increase the discount. These are part of the More Items to Get You Free Content sale, from the Fun in the Sun group. (This promotion gives you $5 off of Daz originals if you buy 1 from the group, $12 off if you buy 2, and $25 off if you buy 3. The shaved hair and expanded facial expressions you bought is one of the featured items in the Build Your Future promo, which has a similar deal, with $5 off for purchasing one of the featured items, $12 for purchasing 2, and $25 for purchasing 3. It appears that this combination is what is needed to trigger the deep discounts on the Pro bundles. That having been said, you have to spend a LOT of money to get those deep discounts, and my experience has shown that in the past year, there have been multiple opportunities to get Pro Bundles at some pretty heavily discounted prices.

So I would not recommend this strategy unless you really want the items that are in the stacking sales. In that case, I would take advantage of the stacking and grab the Pro Bundles on the way out as a nice bonus.

And I do not either understand where one gets the extra 25% that leads to 86% off a pro bundle.
amster22 See my explanation.

The TIME2SHOP coupon seems to give 20% off the cart and it is a very good thing to know.
Oooooo ... and the TIME2SHOP coupon appears to stack on top of that, but it still requires buying a LOT of stuff and spending a LOT of money to finally get the discount. I don't want the stuff they are offering that badly.

Last edited:
Reactions: tk99

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I'm done with DDR.

Yeah, with that too, but I mean:
DAZ DAILY RIDDLES.

- I renewed my membership a few month ago. Discounted by 30%. Not the best deal, but I was to lazy to search for stacking discounts.
My original membership would have expired beginning May, so that would mean: Membership till May 2022.
Beginning of May I got an email from paypal "70$ for daz3d".
????
Yeah. They really charged me again with the full price. Because "automatic renew" was activated. I DID NOT ACTIVATE THIS!

Useless to try to get the money back, so I am a not so proud daz member till May 2023 now.

Check your settings!

And what I am getting for this.
For a few month .... plants, plants, oh, there have been a few scenes with ridicules high face counts.

- How many flash sales have we seen in the last weeks? Every day one? Two?
And what do we get there .... garbage.

I have now over 150 items in my wishlist.
There hasn't been one time I would buy one of the items, maximum save was 5x%.
For example a DSLR cam prop. No poses included. Just the prop with a few objectives.
~20$ with no discount.
No, I will not pay 10$ for a DSLR prop.

- Stacking up sales are nice.
But before I found this thread, I even didn't know that's possible.
And even after I know, I will not spend x hours to solve daz riddles.
If I get a good hint here, I will try. So thanks for all of you who contribute here.

NFT, buy now, you will get a discount/something beautiful later bullshit .... not where I put my money (after May 2022, sadly)

• Haha
Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Following up on this, buying the Drago Fire and Fury bundle AND combining it with the TIME2SHOP coupon gives you a straight 80% off on all of the characters in the character sale that is part of the Fire and Fury promotion. That is a relatively low buy in and you can get a lot of starter characters for around $4 and some of the starter bundles for under $20, if you really want them. I still would wait for a cheaper sale, at least for the bundles. I have also seen better for the individual characters as well.

The rep from Daz refused to give me what I feel is fair pricing on the sale I mentioned earlier, so I told them to cancel the entire order (over $100) and give me my money back. Cheaters. I don't feel inclined to give them more money until that is resolved.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Following up on this, buying the Drago Fire and Fury bundle AND combining it with the TIME2SHOP coupon gives you a straight 80% off on all of the characters in the character sale that is part of the Fire and Fury promotion.
Gosh dang it, I never got the email with the TIME2SHOP coupon, I saw it here, I tested to make sure it still worked, wrangled my cart for about an hour to get 23 items, and then the coupon expired by the time I tried to check out. I definitely agree that Renderosity's explicitly timed sales are so much better.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote