The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
There is a "New selection of PC+ for a day".

I didn't check all 785 items, but it feels like 90%++ are the same items like in the last sales.
I get the feeling that the daz folks think their buyers are brain dead ......

And I'm really tired checking these "new unbelievable offers", just to see that nothing has changed.

And I've browsed through the new products, especially clothes for G8.
Is it just me, or are most of these quickly produced in marvelousdesigner? Without nice textures, shaders, whatever.

I'm done spending hours looking for some bargains.
I'll keep watching my wishlist and my fav PA's........

I don't know if my expectations have risen that much, or if the quality really got so bad.
But if I even don't like the PAs promo pictures .... that's a no buy.

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Is it just me, or are most of these quickly produced in marvelousdesigner? Without nice textures, shaders, whatever.
I do not think it is just you. The quality of products has decreased. The main problem is the daz marketing model that imposes a frantic pressure to PAs. Daz has to issue 10 new products per day. Customer expect that and would be disappointed if this would not happen.
With 50-100 main PAs, that is one new product per week per PA including the packaging, test, promo, etc. And it is easy to verify that many PAs have gathered 500 products in 10 years in the daz store.
The main consequence is that most products are rushed out, miss morphs, textures, etc. But this not only true for clothing. Dont you have the feeling that many poses are are just a copy-paste from a previous product? And what about characters? Many from some vendors just differ by the brows and tiny details in the jawline or nose. There is more diversity in the environments, but many props are also recycled from previous products.
I have the feeling that it is specific to daz. For clothings for instance, the quality at renderosity is higher. Products always include several (frequently quite diverse) textures, many morphs and the finish quality seems higher. But they only issue at most one item per day instead of 10. Conversely, this not true for environments where daz seems (generally) better than rendo, but the low number of new daz environments largely explains this fact.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. It always concerns the same PC+ items that are at 50% off, but no prior purchase of a new item is required (reserved for PC+ members).

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today deal is of the kind "buy one new release "Fred 8.1" bundle and some addons and get 4 times 5-15$ worth of "free" daz items and a free old g2-G3 bundle"
It seems though more interesting than the previous similar offers. The main reason is that there is also a "PC+ for a day" sale and that most of these PCFAD items are also present in the "free" daz items with the bundle. It means that the 5-15$ off will largely concern items at a discounted price that you would possibly buy.
In general, the best way to consider this kind of sale is to invert the way of thinking. Imagine that you buy the free items and that you get a discount on the bundle. First select the "free" items, estimate what you would have paid them (and if the items are poorly discounted, the price should be divided 2 or 3) and substract it from the new bundle and addons price. Then you can determine if the remaining bundle price is correct or not.
I did that. For the old bundle, I would not have paid more than 10$ for it. I would certainly have purchased for $15 of PFAD in the "people and wearable" category. For the other categories, the number of PFAD is smaller and while the amount is $45, I would not have purchased them for more than $20. So the free items are at $10+$15+$20=$45. The Fred bundle and addons are at $80, but if I substract $45, the price falls to $35. I am interested by at most 5 assets in the bundle and addons. Interesting, but not enthousiastic. I must double think, but the deal is clearer this way.

EDIT: I missed the fact that you get a 20% discount when purchasing the bundle with addons. So the actual price of the Fred bundle and 3 addons is 60$, which makes the deal very interesting.

EDIT2: It happens that the PFAD items cannot be used as "free" items, but the deal remains interesting. The best items to choose are the ones from the "featured artists", as they will be discounted by, at least, 60%. I also got, for some unknown reasons, a coupon with a 20% discount on the bundle and finally my the gross discount was close to 90%, which is not bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boogie and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Interesting flash sale at daz3D A bunch of items at $3.99 ($2.99 for PC+)

Note that you must purchase at least 4 items to have the discount applied. No upper bound.

• Angry
Reactions: OhWee and tk99

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Interesting flash sale at daz3D A bunch of items at $3.99 ($2.99 for PC+)

Note that you must purchase at least 4 items to have the discount applied. No upper bound.
Gen 8/8.1 .... 12 items.
Nothing I would download for free.

Even if you are into Gen 3 ... 92 items.
Which all are garbage.

Flash sales at Daz ...
In the last weeks, you get a few every day.
With the same old shit they offer from day to day.

I'm just wondering if money is tight, or if they try to push up the sales to impress an investor.
NFT bullshit, passes bullshit, sales fakes. I sense a pattern.

Don't care what is it, if they call this a sale ... have fun, but they' get no money from me.
l

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I do not fully agree. Of course at $2.99 you do not have items that were issued last week, but the item quality is higher than usual for this kind of sale. Several were in my wishlist. And others that I have already bought and that I use frequently. I checked several and the price was equivalent or lower to the minimal price in the last year and I succeeded to find 7 items to buy.
But daz is indeed frequently considering their customers as assholes in the recent period. Today offer was just indecent: Buy an overpriced bundle to get a discount on the unicorns that were freebies a couple of weeks ago. And one could multiply the examples.
I'm just wondering if money is tight, or if they try to push up the sales to impress an investor.
NFT bullshit, passes bullshit, sales fakes. I sense a pattern.
I had exactly the same feeling. They try to push up the sales for some reason. But they should be aware that all the recent bullshit has largely degraded their image. Beware of karma, daz.

Reactions: tk99 and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I've been very underwhelmed by most of the Daz3D.com sales this year, rare glitches aside.

And I've learned to be 'content with what I have' for now. It helps that I'm mostly interested in 'slightly older' Genesis 3 era stuff. So my biggest dilemma currently is when to fire off my monthly PC+ coupons. At this point, barring an awesome Memorial Day sale, I'm not going to worry too much about Daz3D.com sales until the annual PC+ sale kicks in in October/November.

But if anyone spots a decent opportunity to use the $6 off of Daz Originals PC+ coupon in the next couple of days, feel free to call it out!

Today's 'Roman' sale isn't moving me. Billboards are nice resource savers, but I don't do a lot of Roman stuff.

I did manage to render this (using a whole bunch of instances) not too long ago.

Sixty basically identical dudes there, six different poses/figures, with 9 extra instances of each. It actually fit on my 1080 Ti in a single pass, I was shocked!

Not really related to today's sale, but Spartans, Romans, yeah it's still antiquity themed...

Nothing unusual over at Renderosity, just the usual sales. I'm not in a buying mood at the moment...

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Ok, with the latest Daz offer I'm out of daz.

I understood the "frontline offer".
I never bought it, because there was nothing I could ever use and if I want to do something good, I will give my money to those organizations directly.

But NFT combined with AAPI ... that's just too much.

"Get woke, get broke"

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I do not fully agree. Of course at $2.99 you do not have items that were issued last week, but the item quality is higher than usual for this kind of sale. Several were in my wishlist. And others that I have already bought and that I use frequently. I checked several and the price was equivalent or lower to the minimal price in the last year and I succeeded to find 7 items to buy.
I posted it before ... there have been three, if I remember right, items from my whitelist. Out of 150.
And there have been a lot of products from a some PAs I bought before .... And will never buy again.
Preview Images are looking god, but using these products ... Not the level I am aiming for.

But daz is indeed frequently considering their customers as assholes in the recent period. Today offer was just indecent: Buy an overpriced bundle to get a discount on the unicorns that were freebies a couple of weeks ago. And one could multiply the examples.
Exactly.

I do not think it is just you. The quality of products has decreased. The main problem is the daz marketing model that imposes a frantic pressure to PAs. Daz has to issue 10 new products per day. Customer expect that and would be disappointed if this would not happen.
That's really a condition to be a PAs?
I mean that the PAs HAVE TO deliver content?

If so, one more reason to ditch the daz store.

With 50-100 main PAs, that is one new product per week per PA including the packaging, test, promo, etc. And it is easy to verify that many PAs have gathered 500 products in 10 years in the daz store.
The main consequence is that most products are rushed out, miss morphs, textures, etc. But this not only true for clothing. Dont you have the feeling that many poses are are just a copy-paste from a previous product? And what about characters? Many from some vendors just differ by the brows and tiny details in the jawline or nose. There is more diversity in the environments, but many props are also recycled from previous products.
You are right.

I love isourcetextures, because their skin is really great (while diffictult to handle with different lights, but the reality öevel is really great, if you like long render times :)).
If you like the models (meaning the bone structure) or not, you really need a few of their models.
Because the skin is the same, all over again, with only a few changes.

I have the feeling that it is specific to daz. For clothings for instance, the quality at renderosity is higher. Products always include several (frequently quite diverse) textures, many morphs and the finish quality seems higher. But they only issue at most one item per day instead of 10. Conversely, this not true for environments where daz seems (generally) better than rendo, but the low number of new daz environments largely explains this fact.
I saw a few rendo clothes and props, which are looking much more better than most of the daz ones.
So I will keep my eyes open at rendo.

Regarding environments....
I haven't seen good environments on daz or rendo.
Sure there are a few good vendors for indoor at both stores, but for outdoor, there isn't much.
Dreamlight HDRIs are nice, some other offering HDRIs, but that's all coming to my mind.

Street scenes, City scenes ... all of them are low poly and quiet old.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Ok, with the latest Daz offer I'm out of daz.

I understood the "frontline offer".
I never bought it, because there was nothing I could ever use and if I want to do something good, I will give my money to those organizations directly.

But NFT combined with AAPI ... that's just too much.

"Get woke, get broke"

Wow, two stylized female characters and anime hairs. I think they missed the target in their attempt to support a real racial group. :(

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Wow, two stylized female characters and anime hairs. I think they missed the target in their attempt to support a real racial group. :(
They seems to be missing much more than that in the last months.
But at least they are trying to be good at virtue signalizing.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Memorial day sales at daz3D. Almost all the catalog is concerned and you can get ~80% off on several tens of items with the purchase of a new 'memorable' release.
Should last all the weekend.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Please note it's been reported in the DAZ forums that some of those "memorable" releases aren't getting the additional discoun. Suggest waiting 4-12 hours for the store to get fixed. [EDIT] Looks like it's resolved, maybe.

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
With Daz pushing NFTs again, it's a good time to take advantage of store glitches!

Sales Glitch

For the "memorable" items sales this weekend when you buy one New Release, most (maybe all?) of the "G8 memorable classic" are also listed in "G8 memorable select", and it turns out they'll apply BOTH the 30% and the 35% discount from each list. If they're also part of the memorial day sale (60% off for multiple), with Daz Math that works out to 82% off in the end. But overall this is a glitch in your favor of an extra 30%; whether that's enough of a difference to make it worth it is up to you. (You can only get ten items per cart this way, also, which means you're probably talking about saving like $10-$30 total from the glitch itself, and you still have to pay "full" price on the new release.)

Another way to look at it is: buy one new release, get 10 items from the "G8 memorable classic" list which claim to be 50% off for 1/3 the listed (50%-off) price. E.g.: list price $30, shows in the listing as $15, will actually cost $5 in the cart.

Noteworthy Items

It looks like all the G8 characters, starter bundles, pro bundles, and HD-add-ons are on both lists, but since they're not part of the memorial day sale, they only end up discounted by 68% for PC+ members.

If you need G8 characters, sort by price low-to-high, there's a lot of characters in the $6 range who are already 65% off, so you end up at $2+ dollars for each.

Notes

The duplicate item issue was reported to them on Saturday and they never fixed it, so they probably won't fix it today. (I don't think anyone on the daz forums realized the extent of the glitch though.)

I don't know of any way to check that items are on both lists directly, but in my testing, everything I added from the "classic" list that was at 50% for the memorial day sale got me 82%, and when I directly compared small groups by filtering for genre + model (I tried "toon"+"female" and "horror"+"male") and comparing the lists, everything in "classic" was in "select" as well. So either add things from "classic" to the cart and double-check there (Daz Deals plugin will show you final percentage discount for each item), or put things from "classic" in your wishlist, then go to select and check that they're there (Daz Deals lets you filter the list to only your wishlist to speed up that process).

Personal Aside

This last month is the fastest I have ever spent $500 of real money at Daz. Back when there was the gift card glitch I got two gift cards discounted by almost 50%, but I turned around and spent that $1000 worth of credit pretty fast, because I knew everything I was buying was an extra 50% off, which changed my threshold for being willing to purchase things "I might need someday". This was a mistake, and I should have just treated it as normal credit and enjoyed saving the actual money, but instead I probably spent more. Damn you, Daz. (I also kind of wish I had bought 4-6 glitched gift cards, that's how badly they've broken my brain.)

Last edited:

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
With Daz pushing NFTs again, it's a good time to take advantage of store glitches!

Sales Glitch

For the "memorable" items sales this weekend when you buy one New Release, most (maybe all?) of the "G8 memorable classic" are also listed in "G8 memorable select", and it turns out they'll apply BOTH the 30% and the 35% discount from each list. If they're also part of the memorial day sale (60% off for multiple), with Daz Math that works out to 82% off in the end. But overall this is a glitch in your favor of an extra 30%; whether that's enough of a difference to make it worth it is up to you. (You can only get ten items per cart this way, also, which means you're probably talking about saving like $10-$30 total from the glitch itself, and you still have to pay "full" price on the new release.)

Another way to look at it is: buy one new release, get 10 items from the "G8 memorable classic" list which claim to be 50% off for 1/3 the listed (50%-off) price. E.g.: list price $30, shows in the listing as $15, will actually cost $5 in the cart.

Noteworthy Items

It looks like all the G8 characters, starter bundles, pro bundles, and HD-add-ons are on both lists, but since they're not part of the memorial day sale, they only end up discounted by 68% for PC+ members.

If you need G8 characters, sort by price low-to-high, there's a lot of characters in the $6 range who are already 65% off, so you end up at $2+ dollars for each.

Notes

The duplicate item issue was reported to them on Saturday and they never fixed it, so they probably won't fix it today. (I don't think anyone on the daz forums realized the extent of the glitch though.)

I don't know of any way to check that items are on both lists directly, but in my testing, everything I added from the "classic" list that was at 50% for the memorial day sale got me 82%, and when I directly compared small groups by filtering for genre + model (I tried "toon"+"female" and "horror"+"male") and comparing the lists, everything in "classic" was in "select" as well. So either add things from "classic" to the cart and double-check there (Daz Deals plugin will show you final percentage discount for each item), or put things from "classic" in your wishlist, then go to select and check that they're there (Daz Deals lets you filter the list to only your wishlist to speed up that process).

Personal Aside

This last month is the fastest I have ever spent $500 of real money at Daz. Back when there was the gift card glitch I got two gift cards discounted by almost 50%, but I turned around and spent that $1000 worth of credit pretty fast, because I knew everything I was buying was an extra 50% off, which changed my threshold for being willing to purchase things "I might need someday". This was a mistake, and I should have just treated it as normal credit and enjoyed saving the actual money, but instead I probably spent more. Damn you, Daz. (I also kind of wish I had bought 4-6 glitched gift cards, that's how badly they've broken my brain.)

Thanks for the heads up about the stacking discounts. Since all PA's are on sale for 60% off if you buy two or more, everything in the Memorable G8 Classic list should be at least 82% off, just pick up one of the new PC+ items to qualify. You can also use your $6 off $18 to make things cheaper. If you have used that coupon for May already you can use the one for June, it's an unadvertised feature that PC+ coupons extend one day at both ends of the month. I was pretty happy to pick up three of Peache's items for PCfaD prices.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Start of the "PC+ semi annual sale" at daz3D.
Too many offers to list here, but it includes "buy your own bundle" '(8 items for $2.99), PC+ for a day at $1.99 (including G2 and G3 starter bundles), free old PC+ bundles and so on.
Definitely worth a look.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Start of the "PC+ semi annual sale" at daz3D.
Too many offers to list here, but it includes "buy your own bundle" '(8 items for $2.99), PC+ for a day at $1.99 (including G2 and G3 starter bundles), free old PC+ bundles and so on.
Definitely worth a look.
Well this was unexpected. AFAIK this sale hasn't happened before (the semi-annual part) hence the 'Begins' in the title might be relevant. I don't remember a sale like this in the last few Junes, although there have been some nice sales around this time, just not labeled PC+ sale AFAIR.

40% off PC+ memberships, so that might be worth a look for those that have been holding out for a better deal on PC+ memberships.

I'm noticing that a number of the items are recycled from the PC+ sale last fall, so if you bought a lot of those back in October-November, they may look familar to you.

The $49+ buy-in for the 5 free animal/creature items (Kiko 8.1 bundle) might be a bit steep, but that'll also count as your 'new item' for some of the other categories in the sale. All in all, mostly older stuff but as amster22 has noted, it's worth a look at least.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
AFAIK this sale hasn't happened before
You are right .... can't remember anything like this for the last 2 years (since I'm a daz user).
One more reason reason to think that they are pushing the sales.

Nothing for me in this sale, but since it's "the beginning" .....

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick followup note r.e. Daz freebies...

So, for me anyways, when I sort the main sales page by price low to high (% off doesn't work for this right now, it misses the 100% off items for some reason), I see this PC+ product (it's in today's sale):

There's another freebie or two in the sale for PC+ members, which isn't showing up in the main page sort:

This is listed on today's sale page

HOWEVER, this one ISN'T listed on the main page, or in today's sale:

There's the weekly non PC+ freebies as well, but I already grabbed all of those at some point. They do show up in the main sales page sort by low to high if I uncheck 'hide already owned' but the house cat poses and window to the new world do not.

So yeah, just a friendly heads up if you are PC+,r.e. grabbing your weekly freebies...

Reactions: Boogie
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote