The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So today's Daz sale has a 'buy any new release, get a freebie':

Select Daz Original Classics

Buy any to get FREE* with coupon code: SUNDAY-FUNDAY

Basically classic Daz Originals, but cheaper new PC+ items should help you meet the 'new release' requirement.

Details about the rest of the sale here:

Looks like a new freebie for PC+ members was added today, but I already own it...

Also, it looks like the GET-FAMOUS coupon code from the webinar is no longer valid ATM for the Rise to Fame bundle. I held out in case I could use the bundle as a new item for today's sale if today's sale was more interesting (not really), so I missed out...

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today deals at daz studio includes a free item out of a very large set for the purchase of any new asset with coupon SUNDAY-FUNDAY
There are several PC+ cheap (<$5) new items that are qualifying for the free asset. But if none of them interest you, I also noticed that PC+ anniversary bundles are also all considered as new items. They are bundles of ~10 not-so-old assets sold for $4-$6. There are a couple of PC+ bundles on the main page, but many others are available So, if you don't own them (or a large part of their assets), it may be a good trigger for the free item.

Reactions: OhWee

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
The free item that they give to PC+ members: also counted as new item for me, so I did get that together with one of the SUNDAY-FUNDAY items without spending anything.
Thank you! Nice find, I already owned the Wheelwright's Workshop (it was a freebie a couple of years ago) but I was able to "Repurchase" it to qualify for the freebie.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Flash sale at Daz3D!

75% off up to 3 select items with code RETAIL-THERAPY

Several bundles are in this selection... but it appears that the 75% off does NOT stack with other discounts. Tried adding a few 46% off items to my cart, they only discounted to 75% off...

Also, today's PC+ Continues sale (finally) changed out the BYOB with a new selection. Mostly older items, but at least I was able to figure out 8 items that I may use at some point for the $2.99 price tag.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Flash sale at Daz3D!

75% off up to 3 select items with code RETAIL-THERAPY

Several bundles are in this selection... but it appears that the 75% off does NOT stack with other discounts. Tried adding a few 46% off items to my cart, they only discounted to 75% off...

Also, today's PC+ Continues sale (finally) changed out the BYOB with a new selection. Mostly older items, but at least I was able to figure out 8 items that I may use at some point for the $2.99 price tag.

Like you, I was able to find eight things in the BYOB bundle that I may possibly use, so I went ahead with that. I was not so lucky with Retail Therapy, however. I found three items I liked, 2 Gen 8 hairstyles and a package of men's bodies and faces for Gen 8 (I am really short on male models in my inventory). I applied the coupon, and it took $0.25 off of two of the items, and less than that off of the third. I guess I should have read the fine print. The sale clearly says, sale does not stack with other sales. So what it did apparently is the items were already discounted in the ~70% range to begin with. When I applied the code, it just went right up to 75% and stopped. IM (not so humble) O, that is a ripoff, but technically compliant with their terms. I just thought I would put that out there in case anyone else wanted to try that approach so they are aware that if a discount is already applied, you will receive no discount (in total) above 75%. Oh the games Daz3D likes to play.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, today's Daz sale. We are back to the "$10 in each of four cagegories" shennanigans.

The prereq bundle isn't TOO expensive (around $20), but you need to throw in another new item (new PC+ should work here). The contents of the bundle aren't anything I really need, but someone might want them...

I'm guessing that 'Season Pass' holders are seeing better offers, but I'm not doing that.

The $1.99 PC+ for the day category continues to not impress me, mostly older stuff.

Anyways, better than nothing I suppose, but I'm not feeling the need to shop today. I have noticed that the Daz Sales team is not running several multiple sales concurrently now, no doubt to reduce the chance of discount stacking and such.

The 15% off coupon over at Renderosity is good for a couple more days, if you haven't used it already and see something you like. Nothing particularly unusual sale wise that I can see at Renderosity, others may spot something.

Reactions: seamanq

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Sorry for derailing the thread, but I have to ask: How much of the stuff you seem to constantly buy are you actually using?
I kind of get the feeling that you're just buying stuff for the sake of buying stuff :unsure:
I might be wrong here, but honestly, it really looks like it.
Personally I haven't bought much for over a year now and I'm good with what I have, I can create whatever render I like in Daz with what I have and without constantly buying new stuff.

• Love

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sorry for derailing the thread, but I have to ask: How much of the stuff you seem to constantly buy are you actually using?
I kind of get the feeling that you're just buying stuff for the sake of buying stuff :unsure:
Personally I haven't bought much for over a year now and I'm good with what I have, I can create whatever render I like in Daz with what I have and without constantly buying new stuff.
Can't speak for others, but as for me...

I do use a fair bit actually. A lot of the stuff ends up being for one-offs, but some of it is for my longer term projects, or in antipation of use for future projects.

That being said, I'm doing my best to not spend much over $2 per item (less for fairly old stuff, pre-Genesis 3), and I'm not really buying a whole lot these days. That 'divide cart total by # of non freebie items in cart' rule I tend to stick to pretty religiously, unless there is some item that is just too cool to pass up that I want, even then I'll try to get the best deal I can, and almost never spend over $5 on a single item unless it's a prereq that gives me a really good deal on something else.

Others haven't been accumulating stuff as long as I have, so I totally understand when others post about paying higher prices than I'm comfortable with. When you are just getting started, it's a balancing act r.e. stuff you need now for your projects vs. waiting for a better deal.

I do a lot of fan art pieces, so my interests tend to jump around various themes (fantasy, sci fi, current day, etc.).

That being said, some stuff that I grab may end up not getting used, but that's why I'm so stingy about buying stuff. I've grabbed a LOT of stuff over the past several years already, so in one respect I'm 'covered' but as I do a lot of fanart featuring characters from other games, I do need to acquire the assets they use (eventually), hence why I watch the sales. This is also why I'm grumbling more about the sales these days. I found some incredible deals in the last several years, but not lately, with a few exceptions.

Also, Genesis 8.1 currently does not interest me, so I'm not actively looking for 8.1 characters. The fact that I'm mostly interested in Genesis 3 era stuff makes that easier.

Finally, I've learned the hard way not to wait too long to grab stuff I really want, as you never know when it might get pulled from the Daz store...

My wishlist is still rather extensive, and includes stuff that I will buy if the price is right, I'm just waiting for the best deal...

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I am working on rebooting my project, and as such I have particular scenes in mind and assets that I need for those scenes. So, for me, it's not just buying for the sake of buying. I have been able to pick up a lot of specialized stuff that I have needed (settings, work-related clothing, poses, handcuffs, etc.) at decently discounted prices. I am always looking at what is offered and if it will fit into what I see as the future path for my game. And unlike OhWee, I do not have a massive inventory, and until this year, I have actually bought very little, so I have massive holes in my inventory, like in male models and clothes, for example.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, admittedly, when they are doing Build Your Own Bundle and offering 8 items for $2.99 total, I may be a wee bit less discriminating. But even then, I still am buying stuff that I see myself possibly using in the future. Hey, 8 items for $2.99 ... I could do a lot worse for a hobby.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
tell me more :sneaky:
*cough* err good to know that you guys aren't just buying stuff for the sake of buying stuff^^
LOL ... perv ... I knew that would get your engine running. Frankly, it's for Frank (if you have been following my story, at all). Douchebag who has raped multiple young women and escaped it (thus far) meets his demise due to the actions of one unstoppable Shane.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
LOL ... perv ... I knew that would get your engine running. Frankly, it's for Frank (if you have been following my story, at all). Douchebag who has raped multiple young women and escaped it (thus far) meets his demise due to the actions of one unstoppable Shane.
That's why I needed the police station, prison cells, police car, police uniforms, and (of course) the all-too-necessary handcuffs. Can't have the perp running away, can we?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Surely not, but I'd rather use the cuffs for fun times :sneaky:
Trust me. Throwing Frank (and his father) in the slammer are fun times. Those self-entitled butt boys need to be knocked down a few dozen pegs, and Shane is the one to do it, an a public and most embarrassing way. Nothing like being taken out on National television.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Trust me. Throwing Frank (and his father) in the slammer are fun times. Those self-entitled butt boys need to be knocked down a few dozen pegs, and Shane is the one to do it, an a public and most embarrassing way. Nothing like being taken out on National television.
Now you're spoilering stuff :p

• Red Heart

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Now you're spoilering stuff :p
Hey, since I haven't released an installment in over 2 years, my fans deserve a little spoiler love. Of course I stopped charging about 2 years ago as well, so I don't feel so bad about it. All 3 subscribers I had on Patreon ...

• Haha
Reactions: recreation

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hey, since I haven't released an installment in over 2 years, my fans deserve a little spoiler love. Of course I stopped charging about 2 years ago as well, so I don't feel so bad about it. All 3 subscribers I had on Patreon ...
let's hope it'll be a few more this time^^

• Love

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
let's hope it'll be a few more this time^^
If I do it right, it may be. Although, I am taken aback by the complete and unrestrained vitriol against Irphaeus (developer of Waifu Academy). These people are like rabid Tazmanian Devils. And my bet is, hardly any of those who are lobbing the mad shade have contributed a dime to the efforts the dev has made. It's a good thing I am not expecting anything at all from my game at this point. Just that people enjoy it.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote