The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Flash sale at Daz3D. $2.99 select items, or $1.99 with a new release:

A couple of interesting environments in this mix, that according to the Daz Deals sales history haven't seen discounts this steep before. Of course, Daz Deals doesn't account for coupons, etc., but it might be worth a look nonetheless.

Reactions: seamanq and tk99

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A new char Kota 8.1 at daz3D, with a bundle and so on.
What is interesting is that, with the PC+ sales, the bundle is not very expensive and that you can get a free g8 bundle with its purchase. This concerns most daz pro bundles including some recent ones and even some expensive bundles like the 'Staff Picks Fantasy Mega Bundle' normally sold $429. Also you can get $40 of free items (mostly garbage IMO) and an extra 30% off "featured artists" (with a coupon and add-on purchase).

Independently, the "PC+ for a day" is a bit better that is was recently with a G3 SF bundle and a g1 pro bundle for $1.99 (among many dusty items you would not pick for free).

Last edited:
Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A new char Kota 8.1 at daz3D, with a bundle and so on.
What is interesting is that, with the PC+ sales, the bundle is not very expensive and that you can get a free g8 bundle with its purchase. This concerns most daz pro bundles including some recent ones and even some expensive bundles like the 'Staff Picks Fantasy Mega Bundle' normally sold $429. Also you can get $40 of free items (mostly garbage IMO) and an extra 30% off "featured artists" (with a coupon and add-on purchase).

Independently, the "PC+ for a day" is a bit better that is was recently with a G3 SF bundle and a g1 pro bundle for $1.99 (among many dusty items you would not pick for free).
There's a coupon STOCKIN-UP that is supposed to apply an extra 30% off up to 10 items from the associated artists, but it doesn't seem to be working ATM.

Also, the $10 off of four categories thing still applies to the relevant bundle, not the Kota 8.1 pop icon bundle, just wanted to point that out. Of course, if it's glitching and allowing you to do that with the new bundle, not the Love is Love bundle which is the intended prereq. I haven't tried it, not interested in that bundle.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
There's a coupon STOCKIN-UP that is supposed to apply an extra 30% off up to 10 items from the associated artists, but it doesn't seem to be working ATM.
It does work now.
Also, the $10 off of four categories thing still applies to the relevant bundle, not the Kota 8.1 pop icon bundle, just wanted to point that out.
Oooops. I read to rapidly. You are right.

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Gotta luv tricky sales language...

So, I personally think that the best deal for the 'free bundle' if you choose to grab the Kota 8.1 Pop Idol Bundle in today's Daz3D.com sale may be the Return To Treasure Island bundle, if you don't own a lot of those items already.

I had one of the character bundles that is part of that bundle already, but 20 items I didn't own yet, so add on 8 items from the Kota bundle, plus one other cheap 'Debut/Still New' item and it's coming in at under $2 per item...

There's 30 total items in the Treasure Island bundle, minus of course what you may own already. The Staff Picks bundle has a higher price tag, but fewer items.

Of course, YMMV depending on which bundles you own already and which bundles would be of the most use to you.

The wood fishing boat might be a fun complement to the Treasure Island bundle, it's cheap and having 2 new items in your cart nets you an extra 10% off of both new items (bundle plus boat).

Note that the coupon that gives you 30% off of up to 10 items from the featured artists/friends of sale section requires that you buy the base character, NOT the bundle, along with the two add-on items...

They updated the wording on the sales page accordingly.

Also, just saying thanks again for pointing out that gift card stacking glitch a few weeks back y'all! Makes me feel just a little more warm and fuzzy each time knowing that I'm getting that 'slightly bigger' discount on stuff I'm buying from the Daz store ATM.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Note that the coupon that gives you 30% off of up to 10 items from the featured artists/friends of sale section requires that you buy the base character, NOT the bundle, along with the two add-on items...

They updated the wording on the sales page accordingly.
I does work for the bundle, but the discount is not 30% as intended. Daz should hire programmers to compute the discount and/or communicators to improve their wording.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I does work for the bundle, but the discount is not 30% as intended. Daz should hire programmers to compute the discount and/or communicators to improve their wording.
This is discussed in the Daz 3D forum sales issues thread. You get 15% extra off for being PC+, and an extra 10% off if you buy two or more debut/still new items. Essentially 71% off of the bundle, whether I chose one or two of the two addons, or the fishing boat instead, which is also 'still new'. The 30% discount only applies to the BASE CHARACTER per the language that's now on the sales page. Even with the extra 30% off on the 'friends of sale' artist items, for me the price per item was well over $2 per item (up to 10 items part of the sale) so I just took a hard pass on those.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
This is discussed in the Daz 3D forum sales issues thread. You get 15% extra off for being PC+, and an extra 10% off if you buy two or more debut/still new items. Essentially 71% off of the bundle, whether I chose one or two of the two addons, or the fishing boat instead, which is also 'still new'. The 30% discount only applies to the BASE CHARACTER per the language that's now on the sales page. Even with the extra 30% off on the 'friends of sale' artist items, for me the price per item was well over $2 per item (up to 10 items part of the sale) so I just took a hard pass on those.
It is important to understand how Daz applies discounts. When they say discounts do not stack, they mean it. So if the "discount" is 75%, that's what it is. If it is applied to something that already has a discount of 72%, that means 3% additional discount for a total of 75%. Additive discounts are not as we imagine them. So if there is a 30% discount and a 10% additional discount, they are not additive as well. To illustrate, if an item is $100 and is discounted to $50, then there is a 30% discount, that is 30% of $50, not $100. If there is an additional 10% discount, that is off the discounted price of 30% off of the $50 price (i.e.,10% off of $35). It is necessary to think about Daz discounting as the least generous application of discounts, because that is certainly the way they apply them.

I think of this approach as forewarned is forarmed. And four-armed is pretty funny looking. (ok, no more corny humor).

Reactions: amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Flash sale on select Dreamlight items. $2.99, or $1.99 per item if PC+

Lots of tutorials there, although I should mention that there are other free tutorials on Youtube. And there are a few other products on the Dreamlight page as well.

Reactions: tk99 and amster22

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Flash sale on select Dreamlight items. $2.99, or $1.99 per item if PC+

Lots of tutorials there, although I should mention that there are other free tutorials on Youtube. And there are a few other products on the Dreamlight page as well.

I can highly recommend the HDRIs.

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A flash sale with FirstBastion items at 65% off.
Daz calls it a "closeout sale". As I presume that daz is not going to close his site, probably FirstBastion is leaving daz.
But only old assets are in the sale. His(her) newest ones are at full price...

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
A flash sale with FirstBastion items at 65% off.
Daz calls it a "closeout sale". As I presume that daz is not going to close his site, probably FirstBastion is leaving daz.
But only old assets are in the sale. His(her) newest ones are at full price...
First Bastion isn't going anywhere. He decided on his own to retire some of his really old stuff and made an announcement about it back in May. He pointed out that he is not as prolific as he used to be, and with the creative time he has would rather just create new stuff rather than update this old stuff.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick diss on today's sale.

Buy this $53 bundle, get $5 off of these categories - yeah I know, extra discounts in play will drop below $53, but about the $5 in each category... and yeah there's $10 off in a couple of the categories...

That's mighty wide of you Daz3D sales team!
:rolleyes:

There's probably some good deals buried somewhere on today's sales page, but someone else will need to translate...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D with some items at $3.99 or $2.99 with a new release.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Well ... new FLASH SALE

1 item 50%
2 items 60%
4 items 68%

on undiscounted items.
IF you buy any new release.

With a generous G8/8.1 count of 160 items (so many count double) out of 876 items.

There is NO new release I'm interested in and the offered G8/G8.1 items are ...... nothing i really want.

But perhaps you'll find something.

I'll ignore all Daz FLASH SALES from now on, until you guys here point out some real offers.
Not spending my time on the daz bullshit any longer.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
tk99

That's kind of the point of this thread actually. To help save others time when we can.

My only thought on the flash sale you mentions is if there are any stacking discounts in play. So I checked, and except for maybe PC+ items which are already theoretically discounted, yeah no discounts showing on the non PC+ items, so probably not any good opportunites for stacking...

I did my big Daz purchase for this week, so I'm not watching the sales closely at this point.

Reactions: Alicja Erberg

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Fun sale over at Renderosity.

50% off, or 60% off for Prime members. Bunch of wedding related stuff, which means romance, lingerie, and a wedding dress or two...

Since lingerie is something people around here use a lot, might be worth a look, and maybe an excuse to get a Prime membership.

There's a couple of other 50% off sales as well, might be a 60% off buried on the sales page somewhere...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Fun sale over at Renderosity.

50% off, or 60% off for Prime members. Bunch of wedding related stuff, which means romance, lingerie, and a wedding dress or two...

Since lingerie is something people around here use a lot, might be worth a look, and maybe an excuse to get a Prime membership.

There's a couple of other 50% off sales as well, might be a 60% off buried on the sales page somewhere...
As people around also tend to use a lot cute girls models, maybe a look at the Sabby store at rendo which is discounted at 70% can be interesting

Reactions: tk99 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz3D, apart the usual stuff, you can get an extra 20% "firends of the sale artists" with the purchase of two debut or still new releases. Combined with the usual 50%+10% with a new release +10% for PC+, these items (and there are 8k+) are at 68% off or 82% off for DO.
This is already a very good discount not so common on such a large set of items, but if you still have your 50% or 40% off coupons (MORE-FOR-50 and FORTY-FOR-ME), it may be an excellent opportunity to empty your wishlist (and TBH, I regret to have already used these coupons).

Reactions: tk99
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote