The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Supposedly the new skin tones are in the update for Genesis 8 starter essentials. They may or may not be only be for 8.1 though, some questions in the associated Daz3D.com forum thread.

Anyways, PC+ for a day has a number of newer (read: Genesis 8 era) items in it today:

As for the rest of today's Daz3d.com sale, and other sales at Renderosity, etc., I'll leave that for y'all to translate. I'm focused on other things atm.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D: 70% off up to 10 items with coupon FLASH70

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
PC+ for a day might be worth a look today.

Among other things, the fourth french quarter location is included, should you wish to complete the set of 4...

As for the rest of the sale, it's a sale... you may want to check your inbox for a coupon though. Mine was only 10% off cart, good for today and tomorrow only, but an extra 10% off is better than nothing. Of course, this may coupon block your PC+ coupons...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I always keep an eye out for which of these coupons can apply to gift cards and look for stacking possibilities. The 10% coupon does apply to gift cards, but since it's only good for today and tomorrow, I doubt there will be a gift card sale in that time to stack it on.

BTW, the coupon says it expires "Thursday, June 24 at 12 AM", and it's important to know that means it basically expires after two days on Wednesday, June 23 at 11:59 PM, not in three days on Thursday, June 24 at 11:59 PM. Every so often somebody in the Daz forums gets mad that a coupon expired a day before they thought it would, because Daz uses this kinda ambiguous date scheme. (I'm sure it's just incompetence, not maliciousness.)

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
PC+ for a day might be worth a look today.

Among other things, the fourth french quarter location is included, should you wish to complete the set of 4...

As for the rest of the sale, it's a sale... you may want to check your inbox for a coupon though. Mine was only 10% off cart, good for today and tomorrow only, but an extra 10% off is better than nothing. Of course, this may coupon block your PC+ coupons...
Just went there ... it was giving me items at $1.99, almost 90% off ... went overboard though :LOL:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
For those with muppet sex fetishes, Felton is in PC+ for a day today...

Not sure how well strapping a Dicktator onto Felton will work texture wise (felt skin)... but I'm silly that way!

As for the rest of the sale, $7.99 Starter bundles if you grab a debut or still new release from today's sale:

There's a coupon code to get the starter bundle deal, so this'll coupon block your monthly PC+ coupons if you haven't used those yet.

Not sure what other (if any) awesome deals are buried in today's sale, mainly I just focus on the PC+ for a day part of the sale these days...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
If you're PC+ on Daz3d, you can pick up for under $1.99 today. Items from that page are supposed to be 40% off, 50% if you buy 2, 60% if you buy 3, plus another 10% off (but Daz math) if you also buy a debut/still-new release. The trick is that, as of this writing, those prices are only in the cart; this is normal for things that require multiple items, but even that base 40% off is not displayed.

So something like "UD Poison Posy" on the first page is normally $2.99, shows on that page as "82% off" at $2.35 (the percentage is meaningless since that's relative to the base price, not the PC+ price), but that's just some random unrelated discount, not this sale. When you put it in your cart, it'll be $1.41 (40% off), with two other items from that link it'll be $0.94 in the cart, and with a debut/still-new release it'll be $0.85.

There's 3870 items at that link, and I actually had 9 of those items wishlisted, but the discount is steep enough to make me look for other things I can use.

If you buy 10 items with an average final price of $1.50, or $15 total, then also buying a new item will save you another $1.50. IMO that's not enough savings to justify buying anything new (you'll probably get a bigger discount if you can wait), but I guess it's fine if you're planning on buying something new anyway, or you want one of the $2-$3 new items. (Of course, if you're buying like 100 of the PC+ items, the math changes.)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo a "by the water" sale with pools, hot tubs, beaches, resorts, etc. 50% off, 60% for prime

I do not think that the 20% off coupon (JUNEMID2021P20B10 that expires tonight) can be stacked, but who knows?

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D 70% on 5 to 15 items by FirstBastion, Dogz, Marcius, bluejaunte, fugazzi, etc with coupon FIVE-TO-FIFTEEN
No stacking.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D 70% on 5 to 15 items by FirstBastion, Dogz, Marcius, bluejaunte, fugazzi, etc with coupon FIVE-TO-FIFTEEN
No stacking.

Discount with standard prices ... yeah, sure.

Problem is, there are still enough people buying this shit.

What Daz calls flash sale should be renamed into scam sale.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Discount with standard prices ... yeah, sure.

Problem is, there are still enough people buying this shit.

What Daz calls flash sale should be renamed into scam sale.
I do not completely agree. Marcius or Fugazzi are frequently found at a slashed price and this discount is a joke, but some PAs have a different policy. For instance, PAs like 1stBastion or dogz are rarely discounted over 50%. The 5 items minimum is a bit harsh and I did not buy anything, but otherwise, I could have been interested by a couple of items.

Reactions: tk99

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Discount with standard prices ... yeah, sure. What Daz calls flash sale should be renamed into scam sale.
I do not completely agree. Marcius or Fugazzi are frequently found at a slashed price and this discount is a joke, but some PAs have a different policy. For instance, PAs like 1stBastion or dogz are rarely discounted over 50%.
This is less than a month after the memorial day sale, when all PAs were on sale for 70% off, and sometimes more. For anybody who is a store regular, this does make a lot of post-memorial-day sales a joke, especially the PA sales that top out at 60% off (after Daz math). But for a casual buyer who isn't in tune with the sales, or a first time shopper, it's totally fine and reasonable. But it does mean that those of us in the "visit every day for the best sales" see an awful lot of sales that offer us no value.

Reactions: oaiki and tk99

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
To celebrate the pride, a gender fluid bundle "Catty" at daz3D.
To be inclusive(?), everybody gets the 45% off DO items, even if they are not PC+. Also, the pc+ freebies are free for everybody. It may be interesting for some of you.

Also a very complex offer. You have to buy the Catty bundle, and a set of select items and depending on the number of items, you get a global 10-20% discount, $5-15 off in some categories and a g2 or g2/g3 free bundle. So complex that it seems to be a chump bait.
EXCEPT that there a presently a glitch. With a single select items, you can get a free recent g8 bundle (while they are not supposed to be concerned in any offer). So if you are very fast and interested by the bundle... Seems to be fixed now :(

And the PC+ sale continues with PC+ for a day items at $1.99 for everybody. Probably worth a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and glassware

Feb 3, 2020
Does Rendo offer coupon during the 50% off store wide sale? I think I got one a couple years ago to stack on the 50%. I probably will use the sale to thin down my wish list anyway with or without an additional coupon.

Daz must do a LOT of business from whales who make frequent purchases. I spent at least 10x more money on Rendo because it's so easy to get the items at the prices I am willing to pay for during the 50% sale just once or twice a year instead of the stupid math tricks Daz uses to hook the big spenders who treat it like a sport. Most items on my Daz wish list is like 2-3 years old.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Does Rendo offer coupon during the 50% off store wide sale? I think I got one a couple years ago to stack on the 50%. I probably will use the sale to thin down my wish list anyway with or without an additional coupon.
There is no need for a coupon to get the discount, but there is no additional coupon available AFAIK.
If you are prime, I think that the monthly 20% off coupon PRIME2021JUNEP20B5 should work and stack with the sale. But maybe not for some items.

EDIT: I checked and, while the majority of artists accept coupon stacking, ~30% do not.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Renderotica has a site wide sale 20% off until july 5.

Not much, but rotica rarely has stunning discounts and site wide sales are not frequent.
And some artists have a larger discount, but it is tedious to figure out which are concerned

Reactions: glassware and OhWee

Feb 3, 2020
There is no need for a coupon to get the discount, but there is no additional coupon available AFAIK.
If you are prime, I think that the monthly 20% off coupon PRIME2021JUNEP20B5 should work and stack with the sale. But maybe not for some items.

EDIT: I checked and, while the majority of artists accept coupon stacking, ~30% do not.
I saw on Zonegfx that the 15% coupon from the last newsletter email does stack on the 50% sale. In my shopping cart only Nursoda's stuff accepted the coupon stacking.

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote