The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I saw on Zonegfx that the 15% coupon from the last newsletter email does stack on the 50% sale. In my shopping cart only Nursoda's stuff accepted the coupon stacking.
There was a good explanation on rendo coupon stacking by glassware some weeks ago
Each vendor chooses whether they want to allow coupons on their products or not (maybe per-product). This status is visible on the product page next to the price as a red or green ticket icon. However, renderosity does NOT show that icon in the cart, in the wishlist, or in the store catalog. (But when you apply a coupon on the purchase page it will tell you which items it did not apply to, now that it's too late to do much about it.)

Basically, the web pages seem designed to make it impossible to predict what will happen unless you're just buying one or two things and can keep track in your head. Bottom line, it's still exactly what you describe: I don't even bother trying to plan with renderosity coupons, I just use them when I can.
I double checked and cannot find this newsletter message (though I have already received rendo newsletters). Weird, I need to check with my mail provider, but can you post the coupon code, please?

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Interesting flash sale "PC+ for a Day" style. A set of recent items at $1.99. Do not miss it!

Reactions: OhWee

Feb 3, 2020
There was a good explanation on rendo coupon stacking by glassware some weeks ago

I double checked and cannot find this newsletter message (though I have already received rendo newsletters). Weird, I need to check with my mail provider, but can you post the coupon code, please?
It's the June newsletter:
15% OFF COUPON

at $5 MIN PURCHASE

COMMNEWSJULY21P15B5

ONE TIME USE ONLY
GOOD THROUGH JULY 31ST 2021​

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
If you're PC+ on Daz3d, you can pick up for under $1.99 today. Items from that page are supposed to be 40% off, 50% if you buy 2, 60% if you buy 3, plus another 10% off (but Daz math) if you also buy a debut/still-new release. The trick is that, as of this writing, those prices are only in the cart; this is normal for things that require multiple items, but even that base 40% off is not displayed.

So something like "UD Poison Posy" on the first page is normally $2.99, shows on that page as "82% off" at $2.35 (the percentage is meaningless since that's relative to the base price, not the PC+ price), but that's just some random unrelated discount, not this sale. When you put it in your cart, it'll be $1.41 (40% off), with two other items from that link it'll be $0.94 in the cart, and with a debut/still-new release it'll be $0.85.
Same deal again today, . A bunch of other offers too, but this is the one that attracted my attention.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, this weekend's Daz3D.com sale, it's 50% off storewide, up to 70% off depending on how old the item is.

You may need a new release to get the higher discounts, thankfully cheap new PC+ items should help with this requirement.

Normally 50% off is not enough to bother with considering that higher discounts have showed up at various points for most vendors at Daz3D, but if you have something on your wishlist that is from a vendor that doesn't go on sale often, it might be worth considering.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
So, this weekend's Daz3D.com sale, it's 50% off storewide, up to 70% off depending on how old the item is.
Actually, it goes to 75% off for the older items and this is rather a good deal. I have several wishlisted items that happen to be 30% cheaper than their minimal price in the last year. This will not concern DO items (that are generally the most aggressively discounted), but some PAs are rarely on the sales and it can be interesting.

Also, the "weekly freebies" have been updated but they are still mostly 20 years old useless crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: glassware and OhWee

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Actually, it goes to 75% off for the older items and this is rather a good deal. I have several wishlisted items that happen to be 30% cheaper than their minimal price in the last year. This will not concern DO items (that are generally the more aggressively discounted), but some PAs are rarely on the sales and it can be interesting.
Also... this is 100% correct, but I just want to point out if you go browsing the list (rather than using a wishlist) that DAZ is not using Daz Math in this case. Everything on the list referred to above is already 50% or more off, and they promise it's 75% off with a new purchase, and that does NOT stack with the existing 50%. If it's currently 50% off, it becomes 75% off. If it's currently 60% off, it becomes 80% off.

In other words, in Daz Math terms I believe it's an additional 50% off that stacks, and when you look at the listing, you can expect the in-cart price to be 1/2 the listed price when you also buy a new item. Correspondingly, the Genesis 3-era "65% off" is a stacking "30% off" discount, and the newish "60% off" is a stacking "20% off" discount in Daz Math terms.

(I'm pretty peeved at them for being inconsistent w/the Daz Math, but not surprised.)

Also, of course the storewide 50% off does NOT apply to gift cards. So I got curious just how storewide it is. The main store has 37,501 items. The "50% off" listing has 36,684 items.

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Up to Tuesday July 6, everyone can enjoy prime membership at renderosity

I do not know if the 20% off prime july coupon works but it is worth trying PRIME2021JULYP20B5

Ditto for the prime freebie (a kayak by apcgraphicos)

Reactions: ghostship and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Until saturday, ~150 items at $3.5 at renderosity. Discounts are ~60-90% Probably worth a look

Also 50% off some vendors for 24 hours

Reactions: glassware

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash gift card sale at daz 3D. 10-25% off with 1-3 new release for a $50-$300 card.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Flash gift card sale at daz 3D. 10-25% off with 1-3 new release for a $50-$300 card.
Flash sale restarted at 5 p.m. For anyone who is out and wants more. You can find a bunch of new releases around $2 so it's not so painful, although it will take a little bit of effort.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D for PC+ users with a bunch of items at $1.99

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks amster22 !

I'm mostly focused on the $2 or less item brackets these days, so the heads up is most appreciated. Nothing against the more expensive stuff, but I have a LOT of Daz stuff atm, so there's not a lot that I need, but at $2 or less, a few things are still worth picking up on my end!

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Funny.

If I call this page from the daz store...

"
34066 of 34636 items
"

Daz magic. No link should be equal.

I'm done with the daz riddles.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Right. I have exactly the same behavior. Full content when called from daz, reduced content from f95.
Maybe their server checks the referrer site and give a degraded version if it is a foreign site. I tried to follow the link without a referrer and it is also full content. Maybe daz does not like f95 for some reasons and prefers to keep it in the doghouse...
Weird, anyway.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I usually just copy the links from here and paste them into a new browser window when following links from here, 3D-Load, etc. just in case there's referral info being tracked. I should note that when I do this with Renderosity, the first time the page won't load, but a quick refresh brings the page up.

I'd imagine that Daz Productions has issues with say the asset releases section of this forum, but since this site is offshore they can't do much about it. But they might note when customers are following links from here, just in case they care what said customers might have acquired elsewhere...

So I'd suggest right clicking on any links shared here, then copying them and pasting them into a new window, or just going to Daz3D.com directly in a new window and finding the sales page from there.

Interesting that y'all are noticing this suspect behavior though! I'm paranoid to begin with, but I had no idea that this might be going on.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I confirmed what everyone said here. When clicking the link from here, I get 2 pages. When going direct to the Daz3D site and clicking the sale page, I get hundreds. Here's a hint to get the most from this sale. Go up to the upper right and list prices from high to low. You will see some really nice bundles, like the staff picks Genesis 8 Females collection. If you go a little deeper, you will find that most of the Genesis 8 Pro Bundles are included in this sale. So if there was one particular bundle that you have wanted but have been unwilling to get at full pop, you can get one for under $20 with the coupon. That may make this sale worth it. I am on the ledge, but thinking about getting which is discounted to $24 (which is pretty rare for this package).

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Checked whether this is f95-specific or just "any foreign site". I posted the link on a harmless non-f95 site, then clicked that, and got the full list. To summarize:
  • from daz: full list
  • from random non-daz site: full list
  • from f95: short list
So paranoia seems appropriate.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote