The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
PC+ for a day-like flash sale at daz3D. Items at $1.99 for PC+ , $2.99 for others

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So today's flashback sale at Daz3d.com...

70% off up to 10 pretty mucha ll V4/M4 era items, 90% off with 2 flashback new releases.

Most are PC+ some are just DO's, so you may be able to use a PC+ coupon maybe on the 'just' DOs, or maybe not...

Since it's pretty much all old stuff, I'd call this a 'meh' deal, as this stuff goes on sale for cheap often enough, but the props might be worth a looksee, and if you don't mind fiddling with autofit and older textures, or are actually still using Victoria 4, Michael 4, etc. can't hurt to look I guess.

The group B sale ($3.50 for Prime members) is still going on a Renderosity until Saturday:

Prime memberships are cheaper than Daz3D.com's Plat club memberships, and increase your cash back points, so if you shop at Renderosity fairly often, Prime might be worth a look. The monthly freebies are mostly 'meh', but hey they are freebies. It's the Prime prices and the monthly 20% off coupon (on many items in the store, a fair number will be excluded depending on the vendor's wishes), is helpful.

Anyways, kind of a 'meh' day but yeah...

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Another PC+FAD flash sale at daz3D with items at $1.99 for PC+ and $2.99 for others.
The number of items is important (5 pages), but, honestly, this sale is very bad IMO. More than half the items are v3/m3 or older and I am not sure that I would have picked anything even if they were freebies. But make up your own opinion.

Reactions: tk99 and OhWee

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Yeah, the latest daz sales have been a "clearance" sale ...

Their words, not mine.
But I can understand why they don't want this garbage on their storage system anymore.

Freebies are getting more and more ..... laughable . It don't want, nor need the twenties low poly not looking realistic plants.

But hey, we have the fancy badges for the forum, for fools paying a lot of money for things they dont' want.

What happened to this milker event, nobody is talking about it anymore?!

• Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
My only comment on the old stuff is that there ARE still people that use it. Sure, they are few and far between, but they do exist. And Autofit and new shaders can really breathe new life into stuff, if you don't mind fiddling a bit. I do this often enough with my fanart.

V4 and M4 still have a pretty loyal following, and amazingly there is still new content being released occasionally, mostly on Renderosity due to the Poser tie in.

Poser is even still chugging along! I tried Poser but still very much prefer Daz Studio, but Poser does have some interesting functionality. I've ended up using it as a 'go between' for stuff that Daz can't open properly on several occasions now.

In my opinion, storage space is pathetically cheap these days, so there's no reason to sweat this detail. There are other reasons that stuff gets discontinued (PA dies, etc.) but yeah it's pennies to keep it available, and if people still buy said items occasionally, they are worth keeping IMHO. It isn't costing much at all to keep that stuff in the library, probably pennies, so if a few people buy these items every now and then, they easily 'pay their keep' with a little gravy on top.

My issue though, is still charging full price for very old items. They really should be steeply discounted to a 'lower everyday price' IMHO, paying $20+ for such items just doesn't make sense. Some PA's are real diehards though. Won't update the stuff to Genesis 3/8, yet still want full price for their lower quality V3/V4 era stuff...

Stuff that Daz ends up buying for Daz Originals or Plat Club does get discounted of course, but y'all have seen the 'non-discounted ancient stuff' I'm sure.

It is what it is though. I still grab old stuff occasionally (my Poser Formats/Runtime folder is a huge black mystery box at this point) but TBH I grabbed most of the older stuff I really wanted during the killer March Madness sales several years ago (not the March Meh-ness we get these days).

Reactions: glassware

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I would not download these assets if they are free.

Some may be good, but re-texturing will take 10-20 minutes.
It's not worth it, in my opinion.

If some people still like or need this stuff ...
No problem, get it.
I don't want this CRAP, one reason I've cancelled my membership.

Same goes for the core daz member Jack Tomalin.
He made some nice assets 10-20 years ago, but to sell them now as a "flash/bargain/clearance" sale ....
Disgusting.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So today's Zodiac: Leo sale at Daz3D.com...

Couple of things are jumping out at me.

1) The bundle is 'meh' but not too horribly expensive ($29.38) if you want to use it as the prereq. Also, buying it will net you 30% off of the next bundle (Virgo). Of course, if you already own one or more items in the bundle, it's less of a deal, otherwise average $5 per item...

Note that I haven't seen an orange banner yet (or a message in my inbox) for the items I already own that are in the bundle. No idea if one is coming or not...

2) 18% off Gift Cards if you buy the Leo Bundle. So 'meh', but if you are in need of a recharge, better than nothing I guess.

3) 70% off participating PA's if you buy the Leo Bundle, otherwise 60% off. I've noticed in the last few sales that the discount on participating PA items has been higher than usual. 70% off isn't the most awesome discount we've seen on stuff, but there may be something in your wishlist or whatever there that otherwise doesn't go on sale for that high of a discount.

There's also a 65% off animals category if you buy the Leo bundle, otherwise 60% off. Better than nothing of course!

I'm very not much of a fan of this whole 'buy this thing now to get higher discount later', but it is what it is. No idea if there's any 'discount stacking' going on with the other sales, but I'm not noticing any atm.

So all in all, today's Daz3D.com sale is a little less 'meh' than usual. If there's something you need that ties in to the sale, well it's a thought at least.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Yeah, the latest daz sales have been a "clearance" sale ...
Their words, not mine.
But I can understand why they don't want this garbage on their storage system anymore.
There was discussion of this on the DAZ forums; DAZ "clearance sales" aren't clearance sales. If they're actually getting rid of items, they'll say so more explicitly, about deleting or "last chance to buy" or putting things in the "vault". To them the word "Clearance" is just a sales tactic.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
To them the word "Clearance" is just a sales tactic.
It's the typical manipulation ploy of creating a false sense of urgency. It's the "oh, I'd better grab that otherwise it will be gone" concept.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
There was discussion of this on the DAZ forums; DAZ "clearance sales" aren't clearance sales. If they're actually getting rid of items, they'll say so more explicitly, about deleting or "last chance to buy" or putting things in the "vault". To them the word "Clearance" is just a sales tactic.
Well, in my opinion most of the sale items should be deleted :)
It's the typical manipulation ploy of creating a false sense of urgency. It's the "oh, I'd better grab that otherwise it will be gone" concept.
Well I believe most of these items should be cleared out
So they are not lying, they are just forgetting to press delete. :)

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Well, in my opinion most of the sale items should be deleted :)

Well I believe most of these items should be cleared out
So they are not lying, they are just forgetting to press delete. :)
Remember, 100% of nothing is nothing. As long as they have the stuff on the site, it may continue to generate a few sales. I think that is what they are thinking by keeping them around and not deleting them. Otherwise they would have deleted the Genesis (I) stuff ages ago.

Reactions: tk99

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Following this discussion, a new fantastic flash sale at $2.99 (or $1.99 but with a new item)

And the newest item has SKU 2205 and was probably issued in the XXth century
Yeahhhh!!!

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Following this discussion, a new fantastic flash sale at $2.99 (or $1.99 but with a new item)

Yeahhhh!!!

Yeah 10% Gen 8/8.1 items and all of them from (to me) unknown PAs.
Great deal :LOL:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

Yeahhhh!!!
Parker can't get any love. Sure, he's no Fabio, but at least he's Genesis 3...

00-main-parker-for-lucian-7-daz3d.jpg

He's in the sale. By my count, over half of the characters in the sale (using the drop down) are Genesis 3 or newer...

One other thing that does get overlooked, but in my experience a fair amount of the older (pre-Genesis) stuff, particularly clothing, is lower on the poly/texture count, hence for background characters they/it can be rather useful. Also, there is some cool stuff from 'back in the day' that you simply can't find in latest gen stuff, due to Daz Studio being more of the 'wild west' back in the day.

Not one person has complained to me about these items being V3/V4 era outfits, they just think that the outfits are sexy!

Star Girls - Trooper also fits Genesis 2, but it is advertised for V4 as well. Dee of Whorg's outfit might actually be for V3, but I'm pretty sure it was for V4, except for the cybernetic arm of course. Again, shaders can do wonders! Good luck finding it though, I'm pretty sure that it's discontinued...

But I get it, some people just want to 'fit and go' and just aren't going to take the time to experiment and stretch their Daz skills a bit. To each their own!

Anyways, yeah, Parker needs love too!

Edit: Flash sale is over. New sale now, oh well!

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Yeah 10% Gen 8/8.1 items and all of them from (to me) unknown PAs.
Great deal :LOL:
There has been improvements. The first time I looked there was just one page and the newest item was literally older than Victoria 3.

But I do not understand why daz does that. Setting up a sale requires time and costs money, while I am certain that nobody is going to buy anything, especially with the new item buy-in. They'd better use this time to work on the site, there are still improvement margins.

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018

Star Girls - Trooper also fits Genesis 2, but it is advertised for V4 as well. Dee of Whorg's outfit might actually be for V3, but I'm pretty sure it was for V4, except for the cybernetic arm of course. Again, shaders can do wonders! Good luck finding it though, I'm pretty sure that it's discontinued...
You could put paint on Dee and she would look hot as hell. Yeah, you're right, everyone wants dress and go, but as many of us have experienced, even with dForce clothing, there are no guarantees in that area.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Daz3D Mega Deal sale (maybe won't change for the weekend):
  1. 65% off some (most?) Daz bundles, 70% with new release. Many bundles are currently 76% off, becomes 79% w/new purchase. If you want to pick up Victoria 8.1, she's listed alone (as if she were a bundle) and comes out to $9.45 with a new release, which is lower than it's ever been according to the plugin (but possibly you could have gotten cheaper than that with special discounts). The first two pages are all the weird bundles they've been doing lately, but the G8 starter & pro bundles start on the 2nd or 3rd page, and I think all the G3, G2, and G1 bundles are there too. Pro bundles can get you under $4/item, but not down to $3 or $2 if that's your sweet spot, and of course do you really need all the items in the bundle? Ugh.
  2. Up to 10 Daz core G8/G3/G2/G1 characters for $5 each with a coupon code.
  3. Up to 5 Daz Originals from a list of 6000 (about 1/3 of all in the store) for 75% off, not stacking, with a coupon code. Some of the items are already 75% off so you get no further discount, so don't waste any of your 5 slots on those. (Buy them in a separate order if that's the best deal you've seen.)
  4. 60% off most (almost all?) PAs, 65% off with new release. Not quite the 70% Memorial Day target, but...
  5. Today only: 200 items for $1.99 ($2.99 for non-PC+). This is today only, the rest are probably for the whole weekend
Looks like the coupon codes don't conflict, since the ones that need a new release (which you want to buy all at once in a single purchase) don't require a code.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
2. Up to 10 Daz core G8/G3/G2/G1 characters for $5 each with a coupon code.
Just something I noticed that may interest some of you. It seems that the recent bundles with old chars/props all have a discount when you own part of them. I hesitated yesterday to buy the 'Zodiac Leo' bundle, mostly for the Honni 8 char. I did not actually, but I bought her today for $5. And the price of the 'Zodiac Leo' bundle dropped from $29.4 to $21.1 (-$8.3).

This way, I succeeded this to find out how daz computes discounts when you have part of the bundle.
Consider the Zodiac Leo bundle. It costs undiscounted $60 (all prices are rounded)
If I wanted to buy the items independently, I would pay (with 0 discount) 23+23+45+40+15+15=$161
So with the bundle I only pay 60/161=37% of the total items price.
So daz considers that all items are discounted by 63% when bundled.
Normal price of Honni 8 is $45. Her "bundled price" is 45*0.37=16.65. As the bundle also has a new+PC+ discount of 51%, this price drops to 16.65*0.49=8.2 and that is the reason why, if I already own her, the bundle price is cut by $8.3 (with the rounding errors).

Actually, I did not buy the bundle but I am happy to have found daz algorithm!

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote