The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The Daz3D.com forum moderators can't edit or delete posts here, so among other things, I'm sure that it annoys them a bit when we spot glitches and freely share them here, but fail to tell THEM about it. The stacking gift card discount that ended up being close to 50% off a few weeks back immediately comes to mind (thanks again for pointing that one out y'all!).

I've seen the Daz3D.com forum moderators delete coupon codes a couple of times on their forum, as an example. To be honest, I'm not paying attention to the Daz3D forums these days, except occasionally checking the freebies section, or the celeb lookalikes, as the moderators have deleted my mostly harmless posts one too many times, so I'm done playing their game (the Daz3D.com forum moderators game that is).

I find this new situation rather amusing, though. The entire point of this this thread is to help people around here find the best deals on products for Daz Studio, etc. so that they can purchase them LEGALLY while minding their budget constraints, but of course if people are following links from say the asset releases section of this forum, that may not be the case.

I bookmark a lot of stuff that I see here and on say 3D-Load and such, so that I can grab it the next time it goes on sale for a decent discount, but of course I can't speak for others. There's a lot of stuff that gets buried in the Daz3D and Renderosity sales/store pages and such that I might not notice the first few times around that I end up discovering via other sites such as this one.

But as I noted, I've been copying and pasting links for a while, as I'm well aware that sites are often able to note which sites were last loaded in the browser window (i.e. the referral site for a link), except for Google of course. Google helps drive traffic to various sites, so if a store has a problem with Google linking to their product pages, well they are essentially shooting themselves in the foot at that point...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
My url-fu isn't as good as it used to be, but apparently there's a way to add noreferrer (and nofollow) to a link, and of course there's the target=blank thing.

Not sure how you'd add that to a link shared here, and most people simply aren't going to bother. AFAIK just pasting the link text into a new browser window shouldn't include the source url, but sometimes I've noticed that links that are copied and pasted end up having a bunch more text than is normally visible, so I have to prune that text.

I'm not sure how 'open in a private browser window' would affect this. In any case, this is getting a little off topic, but of course is relevant to people that may follow links to Daz3D.com, Renderosity.com, etc. from this thread.

Apparently Firefox has a plugin for this:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I did some more research. Supposedly f95 is set up to tell browsers not to send the referer header. See here: https://f95zone.to/threads/anonymz-links-by-default.300/#post-2208417 so you shouldn't need to do this in Firefox. OTOH f95 still has special masking for links to sites like mega, although I couldn't figure out where that's coming from after a bunch of searching.

Furthermore, I tested the meta referrer stuff on my test page, but still got the full list from Daz when I used it. I checked the headers and my browser is NOT sending Referer for this revised test, so I'm pretty sure it's not sending it for f95zone (although it's tricky to check in Firefox for reasons). So I don't know how Daz is detecting a difference, and I don't know if they really know where we're coming from.

The stacking gift card discount that ended up being close to 50% off a few weeks back immediately comes to mind (thanks again for pointing that one out y'all!).
I'm very glad I persisted in helping people get it working, since I remember people had trouble with it at first. My only regret is that I didn't buy like $5K worth of cards. Not to resell or something, but because we will not see that kind of discount again, and that would have lasted me a very long time. Of course they might have actually taken action against buyers of 10 glitched cards (on the assumption they were being resold).

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Well even though my 'cut and paste link when seeing links here and at oher sharing sites' methodology seems to have worked for me, which means I seem to have avoided the issue, I AM curious as to what Daz3D.com has done to determine when to curtail the number of items being shared in the latest flash sale, and why it seems to be only when clicking on links from here.

Anyways, there's a new Daz sale today that has something to do with Torment 8.1. I saw an orange banner that relates to Dain 8 that adds an extra discount, but to be honest, today's sale looks a bit steep for me, and again we are being taunted with the 'buy stuff today, get an extra $10 off of the next official bundle to be released' thing which annoys me.

So I'm negatively biased. I'll leave it to others to figure out today's sale.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The fact that daz3d is able to determine that the referrer of an access is f95 is a major problem. While I buy assets that I use, like OhWee I do like to browse the "asset release" forum and I am happy that it exists. Not only, it allows to discover new assets, but the items threads can hold very valuable information on the qualities/restrictions of the item, the way it compares with others, tips to use it, renders, etc, and people can express themselves much more freely here that in the merchant site forums. And of course, I frequently follows links from this forum.
But, as people are autologged when they enter a merchant site, it means that everybody that follows any f95 link to enter daz3d can be flagged as a potential pirate.
There is no evidence that daz3d keeps track of this kind of information, but obviously they can, and they may be tempted.
I will follow OhWee advice and copy paste links. I know I should have done this for ages, but people are lazy and prefer the simpler solutions.

The links generated by f95 already have a "rel" attribute with "nofollow" and "noopener".
Code:
<a href="https://www.daz3d.com/dont-miss-these-items" target="_blank" class="link link--external" rel="nofollow noopener">https://www.daz3d.com/don't-miss-these-items</a><br />
Adding "noreferrer" would not harm, even if, according to the link given by glassware it is performed site wide and it may not be sufficient.
Maybe a real anonymizer should be added for all links?

Probably this is a problem that should be submitted to the f95 admins.There are a "feature request" and a "site problems" forums, and it could be the right place to do so. But how can we test this behavior of daz3d? Most of the time the result is similar whatever the referrer of the link, and this is a pure hazard that we discovered this problem. We need some means to do additional experiments.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
amster22

I did drop a PM to F95 about this a few hours ago, and linked to the point in this thread where we first observed this 'new' behavior. At the time I was thinking that the noreferrer wasn't 'default' behavior, but as others have pointed out apparently this is incorporated into links already. Which begs the question, what is it about links from here that is now flagging things on the Daz3D.com end? Is it checking the 'source IP address'?

As I noted earlier, I have paranoid tendencies already about 'referral' links, but I do occasionally left click on links instead of right clicking on them, and I REALLY don't like leaving bread crumbs in situations like this one.

This may be deemed 'resolved' already since noreferrer is supposedly default behavior, but then what else is going on here is my question...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so Daz Productions threatened Daz Studio 5 on their website today (the Beta anyways), and right now there's some sort of flash sale going on. You can get an extra 20% off your cart with coupon DAZSTUDIO5.

This should help with the current sales, but I'm in the middle of stuff so I have no idea if there are any hidden gems today.

So yeah go to Daz3D to check out the deals. I'm still wondering what's going on with the links thing...

Reactions: amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Took a look at the two concurrent sales to see if I could put that extra 20% off to use, but determined that there's a lot of coupon blocking going on. The 'buy new release and get stuff in these categories with this coupon code' pretty much blocked the '20% off cart with coupon code' thing.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, the nightly new sale is up. Rather than posting a link, go to Daz main site and click "Shop" and it will show you the sale. Notable items: if you are not PC+, you can get 3 of most Genesis 8 core characters (not 8.1) for $5 each with the 3FORME coupon. If you are PC+, you can get 5 of the same for $5 each with the HIGHFIVE coupon. It's a nice way to get some of the core characters (that many other characters are based on) if you don't own them already.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So today's Daz3D.com sale...

$10 per creature? Yeah I'll pass.

To be honest, none of the sales have particularly wowed me this week, but then others may have spotted better deals than I'm seeing. At least a few of the PA's are having sales for 60% off or better (with qualifying purchases). I guess that's something.

I miss the 2017-2018 sales...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today daz3D deals are about staff pick bundles. I had problems understanding the deal, but it may be interesting.

You get 50% off 'staff pick' bundles and an extra 20% (60%) with a 'Best of the Best' (?) new release (and and extra 10% for PC+).
Not bad, but not really impressive.
BUT you only pay for the items that you do not have. I do not know how exactly is the computation done, but, for instance, if you already have half of the bundle, the price will be roughly cut by two. YMMV, but, for some bundles that I tried, this makes a discount up to 85%+ wrt the total price of the unowned items (without any new item or coupon).
Of course, if none of these items interest you it is by far too expensive, but it may be worth exploring.

I also had an orange banner with a 10% off coupon. Usable several times (I think) and works even for gift cards (but I doubt there will be another GC sale).

EDIT: Oh, there is also a free g2-g3 starter bundle, but you must buy 3 'Best of the Best' new releases.
EDIT2: Several staff pick bundles contain the same items. Beware of that. If you are interested by 2 bundles with partly identical items, It may be better to buy them successively. This way you will not pay for the 2nd bundle the items that you have just purchased in the first.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and glassware

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D 50-70% off for 2-4 items from OutofTouch, Riversoft, Predatron and some others.
Not sure that it is a fantastic deal, but maybe some of you can be interested. And, for once, no buy-ins and no coupon.

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
the next one

Last one, probably.

Not sure that it is a fantastic deal, but maybe some of you can be interested. And, for once, no buy-ins and no coupon.
The memorial day sale was 70% on basically all PAs (and some more), so it's not that great. But maybe you don't want to wait for the next memorial day sale or equivalent, or you have 4 things you really want to buy.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Daz3D.com is having a fantasy art contest. Lots of great artists there, but if you think you have the chops, there are prizes for the top three entries...

Also 80% off up to 4 fantasy creatures from this selection:

With coupon code: MAGICALDEALS

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote