The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Nothing really notable at daz. A big $1.99 sale with 800+ items, but it just seems to be the very same items that appear in these sales since March. And you need to buy a new item to get this price.
You can also get 68% off some PA items with a new release

At rendo, you should have a look at the new collection of items at $3.5

Reactions: glassware and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz3D a couple of notable sales.

A new bunch of items at $2.99 (or $1.99 but you must buy 10 (!) of them). Most are very old pre-genesis items, but it includes a g3 bundle seriously discounted (even at $2.99).

Also a flash sale with items at 70% off with coupon FANTASYFASHION (5 items max). 1500 items and it includes many (very old) PC+ assets with a potentially interesting stacking discount.

Last a free item is surprisingly inserted in the new releases. Do not miss it.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Last a free item is surprisingly inserted in the new releases. Do not miss it.
The orange banner I got implies this is only for people who already own some item by Muelsfell, but this doesn't seem to be true, as it's free even if you're not logged in.

Note that you can get one free pose set for each new-today release you buy, but the free item does NOT qualify as one of those new-today releases despite being in the new-today section. Just so you don't waste your time checking (like I did).

A new bunch of items at $2.99 (or $1.99 but you must buy 10 (!) of them). Most are very old pre-genesis items, but it includes a g3 bundle seriously discounted (even at $2.99).
Good catch! I wonder if it's an error. (We're specifically talking about .)

Also a flash sale with items at 70% off with coupon FANTASYFASHION (5 items max). 1500 items and it includes many (very old) PC+ assets with a potentially interesting stacking discount.
I don't have anything important to say about this, but as long as I'm posting anyway, here's some comments on it:
  • this is all fantasy/medieval clothing, like the URL and coupon says, so if that's not your thing, there's nothing here for you.
  • if you're not PC+, everything will just be 70% off full-price; literally NOTHING is on sale non-PC+, so there's nothing to stack with and it's not really a great deal.
  • all of the items are Daz Originals, so for PC+ members everything starts at 30% off and for PC+ items even lower
  • about 400 items out of 1600 items are PC+. that includes items at $1.99 and $2.99, so the coupon can bring those prices down much lower than they've ever been. but since you can only buy 5, you're not actually saving a lot of absolute money (saving 70% on 5 $2 items means spending $3 instead of $10--so useful if you ONLY buy things under $2 I guess).
  • You can save more money by buying more expensive items, but ideally use the Daz Deals plugin to see if they've ever been cheaper (in case you don't know, you can mouseover the graph to read out the exact value and date, and you can set it to show a year of price history). I looked at a few currently ~$10 clothing texture expansions, and they'd all been previously priced as low as $2.83, i.e. about the same 70% off (the current deal makes them $3.14)

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D. 70% off a large set (32k items). 75% with a new release. Limited to 4 items with coupon GREATDEALZ

Reactions: glassware

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I see that the other usual suspects have been as unimpressed with the latest Daz3d.com sales as I have been. I did grab a couple of $1.99 for a day items a couple of days back, but meh...

Today, you get a with any new release with the coupon code FREE4ME but the items in the list are all older (Genesis 2 or earlier). So don't get too excited. I ended up taking a pass on this one, as even the cheap PC+ new items aren't that cheap right now, except for the texture addon items maybe...

There's also a 65% off flash sale going on atm (with any new release), but 65% off doesn't usually move me.

Maybe others will see something I'm missing here.

Same old over at Renderosity. If you need a minor distraction, Lilflame is the artist of the month (55% off Lilflame's store through Sunday July 25th), and Renderosity did a quick interview with her:

The video on the linked page is just a promo video for her products, so nothing really to see there if you are already acquainted with her stuff. I'm reasonably sure that a number of you are using a number of Lilflame outfits in your endeavors already, but if not, might be worth a looksee as she focuses a lot on sexy outfits.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Same old over at Renderosity. If you need a minor distraction, Lilflame is the artist of the month (55% off Lilflame's store through Sunday July 25th), and Renderosity did a quick interview with her:

The video on the linked page is just a promo video for her products, so nothing really to see there if you are already acquainted with her stuff. I'm reasonably sure that a number of you are using a number Lilflame outfits in your endeavors already, but if not, might be worth a looksee as she focuses a lot on sexy outfits.
Good idea to signal the Lilflame sale. She is definitely one of my preferred artist, absolutely fantastic for clothing, but also very good for environments (nothing fancy, but always tasteful and with a so good finish). And her old renderotica stuff (alas no longer available) is very very kinky. But now that I read in the interview that she mostly uses hexagon and zbrush for modelling, I am even more impressed! I really though that she was doing all her incredible clothing morphs in marvelous designer as everybody.

Also, some may be interested at renderosity by a 50% sale (60% for prime) until monday on "toon world"

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Good idea to signal the Lilflame sale. She is definitely one of my preferred artist, absolutely fantastic for clothing, but also very good for environments (nothing fancy, but always tasteful and with a so good finish). And her old renderotica stuff (alas no longer available) is very very kinky. But now that I read in the interview that she mostly uses hexagon and zbrush for modelling, I am even more impressed! I really though that she was doing all her incredible clothing morphs in marvelous designer as everybody.

Also, some may be interested at renderosity by a 50% sale (60% for prime) until monday on "toon world"
Her system specs are actually pretty low (6GB 980Ti, i7-4770), which helps explain why a lot of her stuff isn't as resource intensive as other PA's.

I think the moral of the story here is to make the best out of what you have. Sure, RTX 3090s are nice cards (except when Amazon is trying to kill them off) but are also insanely priced atm.

I use Hexagon a lot as well. My current project has me shoehorning a full 'working' set, using specific products (some that are referenced in the game we are parodying) into a home product that is essentially a 'shell'. Here's an example where I used another room as my 'baseline' but ended up re-doing the the walls, windows, etc. to lower the poly count a lot yet still make a 'nod' to the original design.

The guy I'm working with to do FmF only has a 6GB Nvidia card (and I'm now limited to 8 GB) so anything I can do to simplify things means making it easier to squeeze more characters into the scenes.

BTW, here's an exterior view for context (still a work in progress):

Some of you may recognize the 'shell' that forms this house, but It's been extensively remodeled already, and I'm not done yet...

I could have just built a completely new house, but as we are parodying another game, I wanted to stay with the base model used as a baseline for familiarity purposes, even though I've made some significant changes to accommodate the kitchen, great room, upstairs bedrooms, etc. It's the OCD in me I guess.

Anyways, it might have been easier for some people to do this in Blender, but Blender doesn't agree with me, and for some reason Hexagon does, even though it likes to crash. Save often! Also, the geometry editor in Daz Studio is invaluable for simple things like re-assigning polygons to different texture groups, deleting polygons, etc.

So yeah, for those of you that might be feeling bad about only having a lower end Nvidia GPU, just remember that there are a lot of other people out there making do as well, including talented artist Lilflame!

We are getting a bit off topic though, but hopefully this inspires other people that might want to dabble in doing a bit of their own modeling.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So today's Daz3D.com sale has something that deserves clarification.

You can get up to 10 items for $10 with coupon code GR8PLACES. Note that this means $10 for each item, not $10 for 10 different items. So yeah...

There's a separate category, 10 items for $5, which should read $5 EACH.

Just giving y'all a heads up on this, so that you don't get excited just to be disappointed later.

The rest of the sale isn't wowing me either. And they are still trying to push the whole Season Pass thing which pisses me off in the first place, so meh...

Carry on!
:sleep:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
So today's Daz3D.com sale has something that deserves clarification.

You can get up to 10 items for $10 with coupon code GR8PLACES. Note that this means $10 for each item, not $10 for 10 different items. So yeah...

There's a separate category, 10 items for $5, which should read $5 EACH.

Thanks. I had the same reaction and daz should clarify their wording. But the general rule is that if something seems too good to be true, it is not true (especially at daz3D).

One word on the bundle deal. You have a discount (30-55%) on many bundles and pay only for the missing items.

When an item is in a bundle, its price is discounted wrt the normal unbundled price. For bundles with an official daz char (say Michael 8), it used to be around 40-50%, but for recent bundles (say Micheal 81), the number of items has decreased and price rised, and the discount is much lower (10% to 30%). Besides that some bundles without an official char can have a much larger discount (I noticed up to 70%).

Now the deal is that you have a discount on the bundle and pay only for the remaining items. If the bundle is discounted is by say 45% and that the bundle provides a discount on the items by 40%, you will pay for every unowned item .55*.60=.33 of its price and get a discount of 67% (plus the DO discount for PC+). Depending on the considered discounts, this stacking can be interesting or not.

You will really know when the bundle is in your cart. But you can have a rough idea before looking at the cart with the following method. Most items have a similar price (~$20) except official chars (like Michael 8) that are overpriced (~$45) and count as two regular items. So just count the number of items (x2 for an official char) and see what is the percentage remaining items/original items. For instance, consider a bundle with 11 items including an official char (11+1 regular items). you have the char and 4 items (2+4 regular items), so you have 6 regular items out of 12 and you will pay roughly half the displayed price of the bundle.

A bit complex these bundle discount but there can be (a few) interesting deals. Anyway do not forget that bundles are just done to force you to buy items that you would never buy otherwise.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D on hair. Buy 5 (or 10 for PC+) for $5 each
Requires coupon DAZHAIR5

Also, at renderosity, a new set of items at $3.5
Lasts until friday.

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
New freebie every day this week on the day's sale page.

A bunch of other deals but nothing interesting to me.

Thanks. I had the same reaction and daz should clarify their wording. But the general rule is that if something seems too good to be true, it is not true (especially at daz3D).
I too was fooled by those deals not including the word "each" but fortunately I read OhWee's clarification before I actually tried to find products I wanted. (I literally opened browser tabs for those two deals, and then opened f95 to this thread in a third one to see if there was anything interesting. Thanks OhWee.)

But FWIW even though it's far in the past now, people complained in the Daz forums and they did update the sale to say EACH. It could be they were trying to get away with something and backed down when they got called out, but I tend to apply and figure they were just being dumb. Today's sale includes up to 8 HD addons for $8 each, and the phrase "$8 each" is in bold so for now they've learned their lesson, until the next time they forget (or try to get away with something).

Reactions: OhWee and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
New freebie every day this week on the day's sale page.

A bunch of other deals but nothing interesting to me.

I too was fooled by those deals not including the word "each" but fortunately I read OhWee's clarification before I actually tried to find products I wanted. (I literally opened browser tabs for those two deals, and then opened f95 to this thread in a third one to see if there was anything interesting. Thanks OhWee.)

But FWIW even though it's far in the past now, people complained in the Daz forums and they did update the sale to say EACH. It could be they were trying to get away with something and backed down when they got called out, but I tend to apply and figure they were just being dumb. Today's sale includes up to 8 HD addons for $8 each, and the phrase "$8 each" is in bold so for now they've learned their lesson, until the next time they forget (or try to get away with something).
I also think it is a matter of dumbness. People are pissed off if they spend time choosing items just to discover that the price is not what they thought, and an upset customer is not keen to spend money.
But today there are also some ambiguous wording.
Buy Today for EXTRA SAVINGS Tomorrow!
This week only: Get an EXTRA 3% OFF* tomorrow when you spend $30+ today.
(Get an EXTRA 3% OFF every day for the rest of the week when you spend $30+ each day through Friday.)
First and second sentences are clear.
But what about the third sentence?
Should I understand that there is a 3% stacking discount? For instance if I spend $30 today and tomorrow, I get 6% on Thursday?
Or should I understand that the same operation will apply tomorrow and that the discount only applies one day?
I am not a native speaker, but I have the feeling that the 3rd sentence would say that the discount is stacking, while the 1rst and 2nd say the opposite. And if there is no stacking discount, what is the usefulness of the 3rd sentence? It just confuses people and may push them to delay a purchase (instead of spending $60 today, spend $30 today and $30 tomorrow).

Besides that, nothing seems very appealing, except that there is a new bunch of "clearance" items at $2.99/$1.99 PC+. They are mostly new (as "clearance") and (reasonnably) recent and I found a couple of interesting items.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
What doesn't help is that Daz3D.com HAS had sales before where you actually could get say 10 items or a total of $10 (as opposed to $10 each), so forgetting to add the 'each' to the sales description, well you can see why people might have expected otherwise...

I forgot to grab one of the $1.99 sale items in my cart yesterday, but it looks like I lucked out (sale is still going). At this point, I'm just trying to snipe items off of my wishlist here and there.

What's been annoying is that all month long I've been looking for opportuniites to fire off my PC+ coupons, but apparently the $1.99 category has been locked out, so here I am again at the end of the month with both coupons still in play...

The $6 coupon I'm sure I can find something to grab in that price range, but this might be the first time I end up not using my $6 off of $18 coupon since I joined PC several years ago...

There's a flash sale running atm where you can get 80% up to 4 select Daz Original Fantasy items with coupon code
MYSTICALSAVINGZ
So yeah, gotta luv coupon blocking, and most of these items are older, but might be worth a looksee nonetheless.

There's a few PC+ items in that sale, so you may find a few opportunities to grab stuff for less than a buck each with the coupon, but again, these will most likely be older items... ymmv.

If y'all spot decent opportunities to use PC+ coupos on in the next couple of days, feel free to share!

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hmmm, apparently I keep missing this in the $1.99 category. It's older, but it's a bundle of four items, so if you need graveyard stuff and don't have this yet, might be worth a look:

Today might be a good day to sort prices by low to high on the main sales page, hiding the PC+ items. I'm seeing multiple pages of $1.99 items, including a fair amount of newer stuff.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
What's been annoying is that all month long I've been looking for opportuniites to fire off my PC+ coupons, but apparently the $1.99 category has been locked out, so here I am again at the end of the month with both coupons still in play...

The $6 coupon I'm sure I can find something to grab in that price range, but this might be the first time I end up not using my $6 off of $18 coupon since I joined PC several years ago...
If I remember properly, $1.99 items cannot be discounted, but they count towards the $18. You can have $12 worth of PC+ items and a $6 other item and apply the coupon. The $6 item will end being free and the $1.99 will remain unchanged.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: glassware and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
If I remember properly, $1.99 items cannot be discounted, but they count towards the $18. You can have $12 worth of PC+ items and a $6 other item and apply the coupon. The $6 item will end being free and the $1.99 will remain unchanged.
Worked like a charm! Grabbed a 65% off item. 65% off is better than 0% off, and I found a $6.29 item to use my $6 off of $18 coupon, along with a bunch of $1.99 items.

I actually pared my cart down a bit, as there are a LOT of items on sale for $1.99 atm. There's a few Genesis 8 female characters that include environments/sets along with the characters that might be of interest, Cyberpunk HDRIs, and I think that Eric from Big Brother is in the $1.99 category too... lots of other stuff.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I normally don't consider standard bundle deals worth an F95 post, but this one seems a little odd. I'd think it was a bug, but the marketing text and the in-store cart behavior match so I guess it's intentional? [Edit: It was a bug and has been changed.]

There's a new bundle today, the pirate-themed Wolfgang 8.1 Scallywag bundle. There's also a previous Wolfgang 8.1 High Seas bundle from a few days ago (I think, I missed the store for a couple days).

Today, if you buy or own the High Seas bundle, you can get a whole bunch of free things: a total of $10 of items from several categories and a free G8 bundle (including many pro bundles) and a free add-on. Note, I said the High Seas bundle, not the Scallywag bundle. So if you already bought the High Seas bundle previously, you can get a bunch of free stuff today. (You don't get anything extra for buying the Scallywag bundle.)

Or if you don't already own High Seas, the extra free bundle might tip it over. High Seas is $60, and you can get about $20 worth of free stuff PLUS a free pro bundle. So you can get around 20 items for $60, although of course you probably don't want/need many of those items.

[Post has been edited to correct things based on amster's correction below.]

I have no plans to ever make anything involving pirates, so nothing here for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at daz, besides the pirate stuff mentioned by glassware, do not miss the "clearance" items at $1.99 (for everybody). It includes a g3 starter bundle (Dante 7) and a couple of other g3 bundles discounted at 98%.
And do not forget to pick the free item

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today, if you buy or own the High Seas bundle, you can get a whole bunch of free things: $10 in several categories, plus a free G8 bundle (including many pro bundles). Note, I said the High Seas bundle, not the Scallywag bundle. So if you already bought the High Seas bundle previously, you can get a bunch of free stuff today. (You don't get anything extra for buying the Scallywag bundle.)
I found in daz forums an important precision. You get $10 off *between* several categories and not *in* several categories. So just a total $10 rebate if you buy one or more undiscounted items in these catagories...

Reactions: OhWee and glassware

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
I found in daz forums an important precision. You get $10 off *between* several categories and not *in* several categories. So just a total $10 rebate if you buy one or more undiscounted items in these catagories...
god, what aholes. i've corrected the post.

(That Dante 7 starter bundle is a nice deal! I already own it so I didn't see it in the list.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote