The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
This is already a very good discount not so common on such a large set of items, but if you still have your 50% or 40% off coupons (MORE-FOR-50 and FORTY-FOR-ME), it may be an excellent opportunity to empty your wishlist (and TBH, I regret to have already used these coupons).

Bought six G8M assets, all more or less new.
I know male assets are rare and mostly not the best ones .... but this....
How can they use these textures in 2021. And dforce ... my ass, not one pose without a poke through after simulating.

How about opening a thread with vendors recommendations?
Perhaps split by figure, clothing, scene and so on?

Reactions: seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, today's offering is buy a debut new item and you qualify for $3.99 PC+ for a day pricing on a pretty decent (but older) collection of goodies. The price drops to $1.99 for PC members. The first Debut New Item is for the modest price of $2.37. Some interesting finds in the goodies are Pro Bundles, such as Scott 6 Pro Bundle, and Gia 6 Pro Bundle. I know these are Genesis 2, however, they come with a bunch of other characters as well as multiple hairstyles, and if you need extra characters to bulk up scenes, this is a cheap way to get them at $1.99 each. There was one nice G8F bikini, a fully equipped apartment setting, and several other Pro bundles available.

Reactions: glassware and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, in the latest installment at Daz3D, Gift Cards are on the docket. The savings for gift cards is 10% for non-members, and 15% for members .... a de mas ... if you buy a new release, you can add and additional 5% to the stack, and if you buy two new releases, make it 10%.

Now if you've been paying attention, sports fans, that is any new releases. Which means if you can find any cheap new releases, they count.

So let's add things up.

Non-member, 10% + 10% = 20% off of a gift card.
PC+ member, 15% + 10% = 23.4% off of a gift card.

Now it's not perfect, and I have seen better, but 25% is nothing to sneeze at, especially if you are getting near the end of your current gift card inventory. As a bonus, the gift card amount is not specified, so if you just want $100 or $300 or whatever, it's your choice. Edit: I was not exactly correct on these. There appears to be some of the New Daz Math going on here, but the effect is minimal. I expected that a $300 card would be $225 (based on a pure 25% off), however it is coming up to $229.51, which is a 23.4% discount, so it is likely that the "additional" 10% is 10% off of an already discounted price.

Build your own bundle is active, and PC+ for a day (up to 10 items for $3.99 for non-PC and $1.99 for PC+) is active for any new release.

If anything in the Daily Specials section flips your switch, they are on sale for 50% off but that goes to 65% for any Debut special or Still New release, so you can stack 'em high and low.

Finally the Friends of ... sale starts at 50%, and adds to an extra 10% for a Debut or Still New Release, to 20% for 2 Debut or Still New releases, and an extra 10% if you are a PC+ member.

Remember, these are NOT STACKING. Here is how Daz3D math works in this case:

You purchase $100 worth of stuff.
50% is off the top for a total price of $50
an extra 20% (20% of $50) makes it $40
an extra 10% (10% of $40) makes it $36

This, my friends, is Daz-Math at it's finest, not to be confused with the (still confusing) New Math. It still works out decently if there are things in the Friends of category that you really want.

If you are wanting to go this route and you want to buy a gift card, I would get the gift card first in a separate transaction, then use the gift card funds to make the purchases, as whatever discount you get on the gift card money definitely stacks.

Some cheap new releases:

for $2.74 (also a Debut item)
for $2.20 (a Still New item, if you didn't purchase it in the last sale)
(a Still New item)
for $3.84 (a Still New Item)
for $2.20 (part of the Kota add-ons
for $2.20
for $2.74
for $2.74
for $2.74

When I entered some of the above items (one just a regular new release and one a Still New release, an additional discount was added, bringing the price down from $2.20 to $1.98 each. Ok, that's enough.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, in the latest installment at Daz3D, Gift Cards are on the docket. The savings for gift cards is 10% for non-members, and 15% for members .... a de mas ... if you buy a new release, you can add and additional 5% to the stack, and if you buy two new releases, make it 10%.

Now if you've been paying attention, sports fans, that is any new releases. Which means if you can find any cheap new releases, they count.

So let's add things up.

Non-member, 10% + 10% = 20% off of a gift card.
PC+ member, 15% + 10% = 23.4% off of a gift card.

Now it's not perfect, and I have seen better, but 25% is nothing to sneeze at, especially if you are getting near the end of your current gift card inventory. As a bonus, the gift card amount is not specified, so if you just want $100 or $300 or whatever, it's your choice. Edit: I was not exactly correct on these. There appears to be some of the New Daz Math going on here, but the effect is minimal. I expected that a $300 card would be $225 (based on a pure 25% off), however it is coming up to $229.51, which is a 23.4% discount, so it is likely that the "additional" 10% is 10% off of an already discounted price.

Build your own bundle is active, and PC+ for a day (up to 10 items for $3.99 for non-PC and $1.99 for PC+) is active for any new release.

If anything in the Daily Specials section flips your switch, they are on sale for 50% off but that goes to 65% for any Debut special or Still New release, so you can stack 'em high and low.

Finally the Friends of ... sale starts at 50%, and adds to an extra 10% for a Debut or Still New Release, to 20% for 2 Debut or Still New releases, and an extra 10% if you are a PC+ member.

Remember, these are NOT STACKING. Here is how Daz3D math works in this case:

You purchase $100 worth of stuff.
50% is off the top for a total price of $50
an extra 20% (20% of $50) makes it $40
an extra 10% (10% of $40) makes it $36

This, my friends, is Daz-Math at it's finest, not to be confused with the (still confusing) New Math. It still works out decently if there are things in the Friends of category that you really want.

If you are wanting to go this route and you want to buy a gift card, I would get the gift card first in a separate transaction, then use the gift card funds to make the purchases, as whatever discount you get on the gift card money definitely stacks.

Some cheap new releases:

for $2.74 (also a Debut item)
for $2.20 (a Still New item, if you didn't purchase it in the last sale)
(a Still New item)
for $3.84 (a Still New Item)
for $2.20 (part of the Kota add-ons
for $2.20
for $2.74
for $2.74
for $2.74

When I entered some of the above items (one just a regular new release and one a Still New release, an additional discount was added, bringing the price down from $2.20 to $1.98 each. Ok, that's enough.
By the way, the monthly PC+ coupons do stack on top of these sales, so if you have either coupon available, they can be used to get extra savings.

Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
It appears that if you are a PC member, you will get additional discounts off of Debut and New Items. I have not paid over $2 for any of them after discounts, so I am thinking there is at least a 10% discount being applied to the new stuff as well if you are a PC member.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today PC+ for a day items seem to be better and more recent that previously IMO.
If you want to use the PC+ monthly coupon ($6 off for a $18 purchase), you should know that PC+ for a day items cannot be discounted and thus do not qualify, BUT they count toward the $18 amount. So, if you are interested by some PC+FAD items, you can add a qualifying item (ie not a new or fastgrab item), and you will get $6 off it if the total is above $18.

Reactions: seamanq and OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Hey, I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Kitbash 3D. They make city environments in a number of formats, including 3DS, which generally plays nicely with Daz3D. The latest installation is their release of the 3D environment. While not cheap at $99, this is 50% off of their normal pricing for this environment, and contains classic skyscrapers, municipal buildings, convention centers, and more. If you are looking to do something in an urban environment that is not the same as every other game out there, it may be worth a look or two. They have many urban environments. In the past I was able to score one on a deep discount, so even if you're not interested at the moment, signing up for the free newsletter may get you included on future deals.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Hey, I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Kitbash 3D. They make city environments in a number of formats, including 3DS, which generally plays nicely with Daz3D

Since when is daz able to import 3ds?

They had a few items for free some time ago, but regardless what format I used they never imported into daz without problems.
So I used blender to load them and export from there to obj/dae/fbx.

So if you put some (a lot) work in it, they look really nice.

• Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just wanted to echo that today's PC+ for a day is worth checking out. There's a gas station with a drive thru car wash and a French Quarter set for you Mardi Gras fans.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Since when is daz able to import 3ds?

They had a few items for free some time ago, but regardless what format I used they never imported into daz without problems.
So I used blender to load them and export from there to obj/dae/fbx.

So if you put some (a lot) work in it, they look really nice.
Somehow I thought it was a direct input, but I sit corrected. Here is a discussion on the Daz3D forums about it for those who are curious:

I think like all situations where you are trying to go from one format to another, YMMV. Now if I remember correctly, when I made purchases (and sometimes even free asset downloads) from TurboSquid, they had an option where they would covert the file from 3DS to OBJ, but it wasn't always accurate, and oftentimes the textures got broke. Oh well, the scenes I bought where they did that were relatively cheap to try (a few bux if I remember). That's why I generally prefer to get stuff that's all ready to go in Daz3D ... I just don't want to have to spend the time to "make it work."

Reactions: glassware

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
And dforce ... my ass, not one pose without a poke through after simulating.
I laughed at this when I read it. There are certainly some challenges at times with clothing poking through, dForce or not. I think there are some Auto-fit programs that can help with this, but I don't remember the names at this time.

On another note, on today's build-a-bundle, I grabbed the . When I saw it, I was having immediate flashbacks to McClintock's, an eatery in Arroyo Grande (California) that look stunningly like this saloon in the interior. I could imagine putting regular seating in this setting and making it a restaurant.

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
3ds is a propriety format, there are nearly no other programs to use it than autodesk.
So where does your "3ds work well with daz" come from?
It can't be imported in daz or any other 3d software.

from TurboSquid, they had an option where they would covert the file from 3DS to OBJ, but it wasn't always accurate, and oftentimes the textures got broke.
I doubt it, because of the propriety and therefor restricted format.

Which is proven in the linked daz thread.

I just don't want to have to spend the time to "make it work."

The kitbash assets are great.
But if you want to use them im Daz, you will spend a lot of time converting them with blender.
Or you use the obj from kitbash and reassign the textures. Might be a weekend job.

And if you want this looking great in daz ... you'll have to convert it to Iray.
For everyone with too much time ... go for it!

So .... if you have a few dozens hours of your time and knowledge, you will have a more or less good result.

• Thinking Face

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I laughed at this when I read it. There are certainly some challenges at times with clothing poking through, dForce or not. I think there are some Auto-fit programs that can help with this, but I don't remember the names at this time.
Autofit Tools? With dforce?

Yeah.
Read about the dforce idea ....

• Haha

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Autofit Tools? With dforce?

Yeah.
Read about the dforce idea ....
Or you can do like I saw one game maker do. Take a camera and record yourself going south on Bristol parallel to the 73 (in Orange County) and use the resulting video to simulate "driving" through an urban setting. Nothing beats actual real roads and driving. And yeah, I know exactly how dForce is supposed to work, but like all things Daz, YMMV and sometimes not in a good way.

Reactions: tk99

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
3ds is a propriety format, there are nearly no other programs to use it than autodesk.
So where does your "3ds work well with daz" come from?
It can't be imported in daz or any other 3d software.
Ok, so sue me. I was wrong. Sorry about that. I misremembered.

Reactions: tk99

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
And yeah, I know exactly how dForce is supposed to work, but like all things Daz, YMMV and sometimes not in a good way.
I expect that things are working like they should if I pay for them and those assets I bought are far away from that.
So thats another PA on my "never buy again list", that's all

Ok, so sue me. I was wrong. Sorry about that. I misremembered.
No problem, it happens.
I just wanted to warn other people that it's not so easy to use the kitbash assets.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Another missed opportunity by the Daz3D.com sales team.

So, this guy came out today:

There's a few other debut new items that would go along with his theme that would have made a nice complimentary bundle with him, but alas no bundle, and hence no bundle deal.

Still not on the 8.1 bandwagon, not sure if 8.1 would work with Daz 4.12 (I'm not upgrading to newer versions, reasons), but Jawz interests me. So off to the wishlist he goes. He'll go on sale for a really nice discount eventually, maybe even become a PC+ for a day item at some point... or become a freebie option for some other sale.

Anyways, yeah today's Daz3D.com sale might have some cool stuff in it, but nothing is wowing me atm.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, so here's the nightly installment. A "Dad" themed bundle with ... say what!? ... a Getaway Dome? WTF? Anyway, hard pass on that. If you happened to be a sucker buy or own the and the you can get an extra 20% off of the Dad bundle. Still a hard pass from me. Not too much exciting in the new and still new offerings. There is a nice Gen 8.1 female model that I had wishlisted and she's only $3.84, making her a good buy for discounts with purchase of any new item, which is the case for a bunch of Genesis 8 male models.

This is worth a look through. 65% comes off the top if you have bought any new item, and there are some things in here that are already heavily discounted to begin with. So, for example, if you wanted the male G8 model Seb HD or the , both start at $2.20, and after discounting, drop to $1.92 for 90% off. There are bunch of male models in here knocked down to starting prices of $2.20, so if you're looking for more diversity in that area, it may make sense to stock up here.

There are also some shaping tools like skin textures, body shapes, etc. Also some nice conversion tools to take models and clothing from Gen 8 backwards to Gen 3 (if you have a reason to do so). There are also some tools by RSSY like a clothing conversion tool from Michael 4 to Gen 8 Male. If you have a bunch of Michael 4 stuff, I guess that makes sense. Many of these tools are $9.98 to begin with and discount down to $8.73. Like I said, if you have a bunch of assets and the tools are useful to you, then it's worth it.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash Special sale at daz3D until 06/29 "in honor of juneteenth" with black characters and afro hairs. The number of items is low, but some are very heavily discounted (87%). As the sale lasts several days, watch for potential stackings on the others with the next days discounts.
Daz also announces a free update of g8 base to include more skin colors, but it just requires to use DIM, I think.

EDIT: I noticed today that the sale is no longer available. I probably misread the deadline of the announce. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhWee and tk99

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Flash Special sale at daz3D until 06/29 "in honor of juneteenth" with black characters and afro hairs. The number of items is low, but some are very heavily discounted (87%). As the sale lasts several days, watch for potential stackings on the others with the next days discounts.
Daz also announces a free update of g8 base to include more skin colors, but it just requires to use DIM, I think.

There was an update on G8, but I don't see any skin color settings.
I've got an black HD model from emrys some time ago for under 4$ and can change the color myself :)

---

Anybody know if it's possible to edit/change dforce strand based hair?
I bought a few hair models (biscuite/aprilshy) and colorwerks shaders, but I would like to change the style a bit.
They can not be edited with Geometry -> strand base editor.

BTW: Colorwerks ... yeah, nice. But put some fucking readme in your product.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote