The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Today's Daz sale is just giving me a headache. Others can take a stab at explaining it if they wish.

Looks like 'more of the usual' at Renderosity. A few stores are 50% off, so nothing particularly unusual that I can see.

Took a peek at Renderotica today, nothing particularly unusual sale wise that I saw.

One note on the Daz accumulating discount towards next week - it won't quite stretch to Memorial Day, but if they kick off the holiday sale next Friday... Roll the dice or not I guess!

I'll be interested to see what Renderosity has planned... and no doubt Daz3D will have something going on, I'm hoping for more 'PC+ for a day' stuff but it's anyone's guess.

Since they started this whole 'spend money on our new promo program to get discounts on stuff we can't tell you about yet' I've kind of lost interest to be honest!

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Honey just found coupon code "MORE-FOR-50" (I guess it was posted about before, but I didn't realize it was still active... or it went away and came back) which roughly halved my shopping cart! I'm guessing from the name you have to have more than $50 in your cart, but I'm not sure. It stacks with Fire and Fury bundle and Dragon Slayer Bundle and their deals, e.g. the dragon slayer bundle that gives you $5-15 off in each category, that amount is based after the extra 50% discount, i.e. I have to go back and put more free stuff in my cart. wtf. i wasn't sure I'd pull the trigger on this huge order (36 items) at the price I was getting, but with the code it's totally worth it. Final tally: 41 items for $82 plus tax, including both those bundles.

Last edited:
Reactions: seamanq

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Seems very interesting, but I did not succeed to trigger the coupon, even with a cart similar to yours :(

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Seems very interesting, but I did not succeed to trigger the coupon, even with a cart similar to yours :(
It could have been a glitch. It could be you already used it. It could be PC+ only. It could be you need specific things in your cart (I had lots of Daz Originals and lots of new items to meet the requirements of the deals that went with the bundles). Short of redoing my exact order, I don't know how we figure out the requirements. I didn't think to try to back things out and find out what made it work. The only thing I know is it wasn't more than 50 items, and it was more than $100 before the coupon.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today's Daz sale is just giving me a headache. Others can take a stab at explaining it if they wish.
Yep, quite a challenge to decrypt it. But I like challenges.

OK, the deal is "buy this 'dragon slayer bundle' and 3 DO new items and get 30% off the bundle and $75 worth of free stuff".

With 30% off, the bundle is $20. Three new DO items will be around say $40. So the deal is "buy new stuff for $60 and get $75 free items". It seems interesting, but it is not. The main reason is that the "free" items are undiscounted (most of them), and you would never pay full price for them. Lets say that you would maybe consider buying them for $25 (66% off). The deal is now, buy new stuff for $60 and get $25 free items.

That means that you pay $25 for items that interest you at a normally discounted price and $35 for new stuff as a buy in. Whether it is interesting or not is up to you. If you are very interested by the bundle and by some new DO items, it is a good deal. For me, I could maybe buy the castle in the bundle and some clothes in new DO items, but I would never pay more than $5 each. So I'll pass.

Of course if you can use the coupon given by glassware it is another story.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
On the current "From the Barracks" offer, there is a bundle that has a bunch of military-related stuff that spawns other discounts, including discounts on selected Daz Dogs, some Genesis 8 bundles, and featured artist stores. To make it more attractive, since I already own Jonathan 8, I was offered an extra 30% off on the bundle, bringing it down to under $21. That's a lot of stuff for a pretty decent price. However, I don't want any of the stuff in the bundle. I checked the Genesis 8 bundles to see if the 80% off would make it worthwhile anyway, but the bundles are "special" content bundles, and I didn't see any that I was particularly interested in. Your mileage may vary on this one if you are into the military stuff or the other things that are offered. None of the aforementioned coupons (MORE-FOR-50) appear to be working any more, at least, not for me.

Reactions: OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D
- 60% off some artists: Nirvana, fuseling, PhilW and others with a new release (for PC+)
- 20% PC+ membership
TBH, nothing very exciting, but who knows...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick note:

So I did my 'usual' weekly check for Daz freebies today (i.e. main shop page, sort prices by low to high), no freebies. Note that I already grabbed the dozen or so other (non PC+) freebies being offered a while back.

Double checked by opening the platinum club page, two freebies were there (only for PC+ members of course)

Did another check of the main shop page by % off (Daz Deals plugin adds this option), still no freebies showing.

So if you are Platinum Club, you may want to check the link above from time to time if you aren't seeing your usual 'weekly' PC+ freebies.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Another daz flash sale with 70% off on 3 items with coupon PC-GET-3

(I found items that are rarely discounted at a good price. Completed with an order of a $10 gift card, I spent this way a total of 25$ in order to get an additional 5% off next week).

tk99

Jun 3, 2019

(I found items that are rarely discounted at a good price. Completed with an order of a $10 gift card, I spent this way a total of 25$ in order to get an additional 5% off next week).

May I ask which one?

I only see garbage, offered at ridiculous high prices, so that you can "discount" them. BIG DEEEEAL.
Sorry, I wouldn't download any of these, even if they are free.

These sales are embarrassing, and that's goes for the last weeks.

edit

G8/8.1
Cartoon and fantasy content ... and for me: Not good looking content.
Environments
Same ... and nothing near to good looking.
Poses
Oh, some wrestling and bench poses. Thanks, no, there are enough free poses.

To put Gen and Gen2 Items in a flash sale for pc+ members ..... that's really bold.

Looks like their NFT and "pay before you know what you'll get" bullshit is not working, so they try to sell the garbage.

This has been going on for weeks now.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
May I ask which one?
Yes. I bought a g3 pinup sailor outfit that I needed for a scene, a collection of crop tops for g8F and some shackles. They were all at or below their minimum price for several months.
But you are right, The sales frequently contain garbage, even if some old assets may be excellent after a good reshading.

Reactions: tk99 and seamanq

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018

I am with tk99 on this one, I don't see anything I want. The latest flash sale, however, has featured artist stores that do have something that I like, and if you buy three, the discount jumps to 68%. Some items are even more discounted, like the FE Modern Study which jumped to 78% off. No coupon required.

Reactions: tk99

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, new flash sale. Goes until 6:00 a.m. (not sure what time zone, given that Daz is the MST time zone).
"PC for a day" gives $2.99 price on about 750 items, with that price dropping down to $1.99 for PC members. Sorting through it all right now ...

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Another PC+ for a day flash sale. Items are $2.99 for non PC customers, $1.99 for PC+ customers. A broad mix of stuff and not all Genesis/Genesis 2/Genesis 3 crap, although in a mix of 700 items, you will find some of that. Lots of Gen 8 models, settings, poses, HDRIs, etc. Worth checking out to see if there are some goodies you want to grab here.

Reactions: OhWee and tk99

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I thought that I had used my '$6 off of $18+' coupon earlier this month, but no.

So the $1.99 PC+ for a day sale was a great place to use that coupon! Just be mindful that the $18 doesn't include tax in the total.

Thanks for the heads up y'all!
;)

Reactions: Boogie and seamanq

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I thought that I had used my '$6 off of $18+' coupon earlier this month, but no.

So the $1.99 PC+ for a day sale was a great place to use that coupon! Just be mindful that the $18 doesn't include tax in the total.

Thanks for the heads up y'all!
;)
Well that's unexpected, I don't recall a coupon ever working with PC+ for a Day items before. Thanks for the heads up, it'll be the first time I've used that coupon in months.

As far as the sale items go it's all the same old stuff, DAZ has been recycling all the same assets through out all the PCfaD sales over the past year. Still, I think it's time to grab the items I haven't pulled the trigger on. The summer PC sale should be coming soon and I would think there will new PCfaD items then.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Flash sale at daz3D with new PC+ for a day items
(new as they are different from yesterday, but most have already been discounted)

Also regular PC+ items are at 50% with a 'crazy new release'.
Note that the banner suggests that it may last 48h and that if you performed some purchases during last week, you will get an additional discount if you buy it tomorrow.

EDIT:
The 50% off PC+ items also works for 'weekly PC+ items' that can already be discounted 60% with the purchase of a PC+ 'this week's new release'. This makes them 80% off the regular PC+ price. Too bad they are rather meh (IMHO).

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The 50% off PC+ items also works for 'weekly PC+ items' that can already be discounted 60% with the purchase of a PC+ 'this week's new release'. This makes them 80% off the regular PC+ price. Too bad they are rather meh (IMHO).
You missed a few details. First, you have to buy one of the Crazy New Releases ($11 is the least expensive); 2nd, it has to be one of the PC+ featured items (not all of the stuff in the flash sales is); and 3rd, you have to use the coupon CRAZYDEALZ when placing the order. A little under 1,800 items are at $1.99, but they are mostly old junk. You would have to spend the time wading through 1,800 items to find the ones you want.

Reactions: tk99
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote