The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So today is supposedly the last day of the PA sale. Mostly the same deals as yesterday.

As I noted yesterday, you can see a number of products in the 40 cents to under $2 range by sorting the main Daz3D.com shop page by % off or price low to high. Yes, these are mostly older items, but include a number of sets, props and such. So it might be worth a look, say if you are looking for a carnival setting or who knows what else.

For reference, the fall PC+ month long or longer sale should be kicking off shortly (maybe tomorrow, or at the beginning of October). $1.99/$1.79 deals on PC+ for a day items were fairly common in last year's sale, with some higher discounts on older stuff as I remember.

To be honest, the deals I've seen yesterday are about the best I've seen in a while on older stuff, other than as 'freebie' choices in various bundle sales. So again it might be worth your time to browse the Daz3D.com main shop page using the varous sort optons (say G3F if you are interested in Genesis 3 female clothing and related items).

Not sure what stacking discounts may be in play atm if you grab new releases, if anyone notes any, call it out!

30% off PC+ memberships isn't particularly notable. I'll be interested to see if we get any 50% off PC+ opportunities in the next several weeks, as it's been a bit since Daz3D.com offered more than 40% off PC+ memberships. Remember that you can renew early if you see a good deal on PC+ memberships, and get credit for a full extra year if you purchase an annual membership. Just noting this for future reference, I'm not suggesting that you grab a PC+ membership today.

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
2 hour blink sale ... extra 50% off coupon: AMAZING50
There is another blink sale and it can be combined with the AMAZING50 coupon. I bought some very recent Stonemason items for >80% off because those are not that often discounted.

EDIT: only like 5 minutes left though.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hmmm. Works both ways...

Not that I try backporting to Genesis (1) very often, but rarely I have tried to do this. It's a new release right now, so not the best deal, but might be a good thing to wishlist for some sale down the road when it rolls off of 'new' status.

I do autofit Genesis to Genesis 8 often enough, so I'd be interested to see/read about how well this ends up working out versus the 'current' options, as there are stll some interesting outfits from the V4/Genesis era that I put to use occasionally. Note that Catherine3678a released some Genesis & Genesis 2/3 > 8 clones for free here:

There's a discussion thread that just started regarding this product, I'll be following it to see how things pan out.

Most of you aren't buying Aiko3 or Hiro3 outfits I'm sure, but Sickleyield recently released an autoit clone for G8:

Again, something to wishlist for later if it interests you.

Last edited:

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
2 hour blink sale ... extra 50% off coupon: AMAZING50

Managment "Hey, we didn't make the numbers we expected."

Completly brain dead ad/sales team "No problem, throw out another sale, this time TIME2SAVE, they will not acknowledge what we are doing."

• Haha
Reactions: amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just wanted to note that there are several 60% off/70% off select items 'bargain bin' sales running at Renderosity that end at 11:59PM today. Along wth other usual 50% off sales. At least one of the 70% off items I'm considering is supposedly coupon eligible. Might be worth a looksee:

The current Daz3D.com sales aren't as impressive as the weekend sales. The PA sale was extended for two days which is 'par for the course' with the Daz sales team. There were some 50% off coupons in play around Daz midnight, but atm those have vanished again. The 3 debut new' buy in to maximize discounts looks a little steep to me, and I'm 'sated' for now thanks to the weekend sale, so I'm patiently waiting for the fall PC+ sale to kick off...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Daz3D.com's fall PC+ sale has kicked off. A couple of freebies for PC+ today, plus a bundle (I owned most of the items in the bundle already, but free is free so...).

40% off PC+ memberships today. If some/all of the freebies interest you, today might be a good time to grab PC+ if you don't have it already. Last year if I remember correctly there were 8 freebie bundles throughout the sale (10 possibly), and the $1.99 PC+ for a day category had a number of items circulate through it. The first bundle available now is fairly indicative of what you can expect from these bundles (a mix of stuff).

You should be able to purchase the PC+ membership by itself, and then build a new cart as a PC+ member with associated benefits (30% off DO's, etc.) if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I last renewed an expired PC+ membership so I'm not 100% clear on how long it takes to 'activate' a PC+ membership.

The BYOB thing is also going, 8 items for $2.99 (if PC+ member) from a list of select PC+ items. If you've been through this sale before this will probably be less interesting to you, but if you are rather new to these sales, you should be able to find a few interesting items.

You could hold out to see if we might see 50% off of PC+, but I haven't seen that recently so that's a 'roll the dice' kinda thing if you need a membership now. If your membership isn't due for a bit, there should be another deal on memberships at some point during this sale, so it may pay to wait. I was able to score a 50% off PC+ eventually last fall, and a few others noted slightly higher discounts due to discount stacking, so yeah...

Anyways, it has begun!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Blink sale coupons just popped up. One is not fully working ATM (can't check the other) but they are working on it. The PC+ Members code will work if you put 3 qualifying items in the cart. I tried a PC+ membership as one of the three items, no joy...

blink60.jpg

Banner currently links to here:

We'll see if this lasts until Daz midnight or not...

Edit: experimenting with adding debut or still new items, adding one will drop the price of the three select items a bit, adding a second debut or still new item will drop the price of the debut and/or still new, but will not drop the price of the three select items any further. No cheap debut/still new items, so this may not be worth it as the buy in is a bit steep. Depends on if you want said debut/still new items and don't want to wait or them to roll off of 'new' status...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note for those that might wonder about such things.

One of the features of the Daz Deals plugin is to show you how much you've spent and the current and full price values of the stuff that you've bought at Daz3D.com over the years. It's in the upper right area of your orders page if you've enabled this.

I just did the math and the average discount I've managed currently is around 92%. Freebies are 100% off of course, which helps, but I still spend a fair amount each month on Daz stuff. Not as much as in past years but yeah...

Others have managed higher percentages of course, but I feel pretty good with my Daz3d.com purchases overall. I just wanted to highlight this functionality for those that might be curious about such things.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
... One of the features of the Daz Deals plugin is to show you how much you've spent ...
Oh Jeez! that is scary ... 86% against full price and 78% against current value :( still only started with the plugin recently, soI've been paying over the odds to date

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note. A blink sale and a bundle sale just popped up on the Daz3D.com site. Neither look particularly notable to me. The 65%/70% off blink sale on 36 select items has full price items in it with one exception, so it's a pass for me but who knows, there may be something there you really want.

Edit: The sale I was referring to is over, but another along the same line has begun, with more items in it (605). I still feel the same about this sale (meh), but if there is something you need right now that's in that sale...

The Jurassic themed bundles have a number of items I already own, so it's a mix of newer and older stuff. That sale will be around for a bit should it interest you.

oaiki

You are newer to the Daz sales game, so I'd feel pretty good about your percentage. When you are just getting started, there's stuff that you need right now that you just grab when you need it when it goes on sale for a fairly decent price.

My percentage is on the 'retail' values not the current ones for reference, and it used to be a bit lower, it's been slowly climbing as I become a lot more disciplined in my Daz purchasing and I've grabbed a LOT of freebies in the last few years which bumps that percentage a bit.

I've been shopping at Daz3D.com for several years now, and am now laser focused on really cheap stuff. That and I've taken advantage of several glitches on prices, those are much rarer now. And then there was this one sale a few years back where I had over 200 really cheap items in my cart that day. Some of them, while not free, were in the 25 cents or less range. Amazingly, the cart didn't crash, but it was definitely lagging... Those killer sales are gone now, perhaps never to return.

A lot of my purchases have been on older stuff, but at those prices I still feel that it was worth it to grab them to experiment with, and I've used a number of those items in various fanart pieces since. Nowhere near all of them of course, but it does help with my penchant for doing whim/homage renders here and there.

But it does give you a 'goal of sorts' as you become a more seasoned Daz3D.com shopper. Sales like the one we had last weekend are becoming quite rare, as the Daz3D.com sales team has been actively trying to eek out more money from us in recent times, over the last year in particular.

My point is that, if you are happy with what you bought, be happy, but of course as you become more knowledgeable about these sales, use that knowledge to eek out the best deals when you can!

Last edited:

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Edit: The sale I was referring to is over, but another along the same line has begun, with more items in it (605). I still feel the same about this sale (meh), but if there is something you need right now that's in that sale...

isourcetextures on sale?
Show me, show me ..... wow, 60% discounted already.

Ah, yeah. 70% off when buying 3 means 70% off the full price.
At least they are consistent with their math. :rolleyes:
As in buy X$ to get this item free - even if it's free items, only the base price counts.

Sometimes I wounder if it's the shop software, if the sales team really thinks the customers are so stupid, or the sales team only has a few part time guys who never worked in sales and left math education in kindergarden.
Guess I will never find out.

But hey, we have the next big thing!
PC+ will be called Daz+ now, with many new perks!
Yeah, can't wait to get more free flowers.
Oh, and content only available for Daz+. Like the seasons pass bullshit?
I didn't see one SP item I would have been interested in, but a lot I wouldn't have downloaded for free.

A few month until I have to decide to renew PC+ and if they don't change things a lot .... goodbye.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Yeah, can't wait to get more free flowers
I like flowers, can't wait for digitized smells, then I'll be able to spend all my time at the computer and not have to jump over the neighbor's fence

• Haha

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Shfting gears for a sec.

50% off select lingerie at Renderosity, 60% off for prime members!

Unfortunately, the October Prime coupon isn't posted yet. Not sure if you could still use the September one or not if you haven't used it yet...

That aside, yeah sale on sexy lingerie! 'Cuz we can always use more sexy lingerie!

Hamelon has a new pair of capri jeans for G8F on sale too for 50% off. You know, the mostly spray on kind, although not the dental floss kind... $4.92 for a new product is somewhat notable in this day an age - less than $10 (full price) for newly released clothing we just don't see that often over at the other store, unless it is PC+ of course...

It is just the jeans though, no cute matching top included.

hamelonjeans.jpg

That gap between their legs makes me think about pervy things...

I should use in my renders more. She's just hanging out in my Renderosity library, probably bored out of her skull, wondering if I'm ever going to hook her up with some dude packing a Dicktator again...

:p

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I like flowers, can't wait for digitized smells, then I'll be able to spend all my time at the computer and not have to jump over the neighbor's fence

Who doesn't like flowers?

We could make a VN about a flower shop.
With the Daz "PC+ freebies" we will have enough to cover ... I think about 20 Chapters, at least.

Girl comes in the flower shop, you sell the flowers and for payment you get a nice fuck. That's if the flowers are roses.
For some cheap flowers you will only get a BJ.

And why wait for digitized smell?
We could make a fan shop selling the smell as scented candles!
Rose, Rose with pussy fluid .. you get the idea.

Damn. Why didn't I thought about that before.
I'll have to ask DAZ to give us more free flowers!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, r.e. the extra 20% off of the $1.99 PC+ for a day items.

The buy in looks pretty steep to me, you'd need to buy say 25 or more items to offset the 'buy in'. But if the other parts of today's sale interest you, or if you want one of the new items anyways, well in that case might as well. I've been laser focusd on keeping my purchase prices down to a $2/item or less average because I already have lots of stuff in my Daz Studio library, but for newer shoppers that need stuff...

The BYOB 1 & 2/8 select PC+ items for $2.99 thing is still going on too.

I'm not a fan of Dforce (extra step, results are nice but I can't be bothered), but I should call this out this PC+ for a day item for the jiggly breast fans...

Actually, mixing animation and dforce sounds like a huge headache, but if you like dangly breasts...

Ugh, now I'm envisioning old breasts swinging at hip height. Make it stop!
o_O

Anyways, yeah, for you dforce types, that looks like it could be an excellent buy!

Last edited:

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I'm not a fan of Dforce (extra step, results are nice but I can't be bothered), but I should call this out this PC+ for a day item for the jiggly breast fans...

Actually, mixing animation and dforce sounds like a huge headache, but if you like dangly breasts...
That's a nightmare for animations.
Spring Dynamics will do a much better job.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So today's Daz3D.com sale...

All of the PC+ for a day items from last week are on sale again for $1.99 each (if a PC+ member). Over 200 items, minus what you already own of course!

There's another sale on select Daz Originals that requires two debut or still new releases, which will allow you to buy up to 5 of these items for $1.99 each. Thankfully, there are a couple of cheaper PC+ still new items in the list, so you may be able to reduce the 'buy in' to around $6, unless there is some other more expensive item you may want... Buying two still new items gives you a bit more of a discount on those.

Most of these items look familiar to me, but perhaps there's something there that interests you. Unfortunately, I didn't see any hair in the selection, just a bunch of characters, poses and clothing from the various generations.

The other 'usual stuff' is in the sale as well should those other parts of the sale be of interest to you.

PC+ memberships are still 40% off if you need to buy one.

Happy shopping!
;)

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
the 8 for a total of 2.99 in the BYOB is quite reasonalbe; until, you exhaust the items you need/want ...

• Thinking Face
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote