The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick question. Did EmmaAndJordi pull their stuff from Daz3D.com? Just tried to load their store page (after noting that the product page for one of their items no longer exists). It just hangs/calculaing...

Just checked Renderosity. Store page does not exist, at least one product page has the 'unavailable' button.

They are at Gumroad now apparently at least...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
yes, they left

I'm sure that there's a story behind that, but all they are 'officially' saying is that they moved. Not sure what 'cut' gumroad takes, but I do know that the 'cut' a vendor shares with Daz3D.com or Renderosity is significant. Must have been worth it to them to risk 'falling off the map' r.e. a number of their old customers...

Reactions: seamanq

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I remember something about the 'vendor leaving' thing being mentioned earlier in this thread. Actually, it was one of the sites shutting down and moving content.

Looks like Marcius moved to Renderhub as well a couple of months back.

For reference, Daz3D.com usually takes a 50% cut on product purchases. Renderosity does this also, but if you go exclusive supposedly this cut drops to 40%. Looking over the Renderhub terms, you can decrease their cut of 45% by uploading 51+ items (40%), 101+ items (35%) or 201+ items (30%). There's a $500 bonus apparently if you upload 1000 or more items. Renderhub doesn't give bonuses for exclusivity, but you can understand why some vendors sell there as well as say Renderosity.

Marcius characters make me happy, so I'll miss seeing the promo pics on Daz3D.com.

I even use Marcius characters occasionally! I'd use them more if I wasn't doing fanart all of the time... so I may have to start shopping at Renderhub more...

Anyways, is there is a point here, maybe it's a 'if you are worried about the asset creator's cut, it's nice to know these things', or something like that thing.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just checked the orange loyalty banner language at Daz3D.com. Gift cards, new releases, memberships, flipped normals, and fastgrabs are locked out. Kind of defeats the 'your entire purchase' language if a bunch of stuff is excluded.

Also, unimpressed with Metamixer. Apparently there are plugins for various G8 pro characters to help make it work that cost money... isn't this what morph packs are for? (Yeah I know, supposedly has more functionality, but some face/body morphs are very targeted to begin with). Might be faster for some though, won't help me atm anyways.
Two quick points.

You are very right. This sale is meh at best. However, if you look through the sale items, there are some that start at 65% off, so if you stack everything, you end up with 80% off. So, if it is something you actually want, that's a decent deal.

Second, when I saw that Metamixer needed all those modules to work, I had my aha moment. Of course. That's why companies practically give away inkjet printers. Because they know the money will be in the cartridges, and not the actual printers. I did add some to my store credit on the last gift card sale, but it's staying put until I see some decent deals on stuff I actually want.

The massive number of items that are "excluded" from the 30% discount is really disappointing. I just am not that motivated to spend the time scouring through thousands of items to pick only a few that I want. Not worth it.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Looks like Marcius moved to Renderhub as well a couple of months back.
If you're looking to buy Marcius items at renderhub, there is a coupon you can use: BLACKFRIDAY2021

Brings the price per item down to 6.90$

EDIT: I guess that code works for all of renderhubs vendors currently. Usually coupons are per individual vendor and you can check them here:

But looks like right now they all have the same coupon.

EDIT2: No, they don't. But either way, a lot of vendors in that list seem to have the same coupon code.

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
If you stack all deals (buy with new release & use orange banner discount), you can get G8 pro bundles for $26. There may have been special deals that were better in the past, but they're probably few and far between.

The (even listed as new on the new releases page) free "Fallen Leafes" doesn't trigger the extra 20%.

Why am I'm not surprised.
The deals do say "New Release must be over $.01. Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply" in fine print, and I think it's pretty reasonable for them to do this.

Also, chasing the 'buy 10 items over .01 to get for free' thing, yeah not worth chasing unless you were going to buy ten items today anyways for some reason.
Is this an orange banner deal? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I'm wondering if their system is smart enough to recognizze that if you get that for free, then it doesn't count as a new release for the sake of making everything else cheaper.

EDIT: Well, I tried it, and the answer is that their system IS smart enough. Which is unfortunate, as I'd rather get the discount for everything else than have to buy some OTHER new release, instead I get this discount for a deal I can't even see... oh, I see, it's just listed at the top, I never read those as normally they're redundant to the detailed explanations later.

To be specific: the featured artist discount is 50%, 64% if you buy any "Black Friday New Release". But the only such new releases are Get Coffee, a Z pose set, and all the metamixer crap. So if you want to buy as many items as possible to leverage the BF-EXTRAVAGANZA discount, if that puts you past 10+, your only choice is the Z pose set. To be clear, most of the deals only need a New Release, not a Black Friday New Release, so this only applies if some of the items are in the featured artist list. In my case, I'm trying to clear out as much of my wishlist as I can, and there are some of those.

Last edited:

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
The deals do say "New Release must be over $.01. Items must be in cart simultaneously for discount to apply" in fine print, and I think it's pretty reasonable for them to do this.
I'm sure it didn't when I saw the deal.
But doesn't matter. The whole sale isn't fantastic, with or without the 10%.

Reactions: seamanq and oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note about the orange loyalty banner at Daz3D.com that popped up yesterday.

According to the fine print, said offer expires on November 29th at 23:59 MST (UTC-7). So you still have a chance to use it if you haven't used it already.

I'm in a weird place of said offer coupon blocking my Daz+ coupons that have been excepted out of the deals I took advantage of this month, but them's the breaks. So I'm gonna snipe something off of my Daz wishlist this weekend and then see what Cyber Monday brings I suppose...

Also, it's interesting how the total # of items in the Daz3D.com store ATM isn't over 40,000 currently, what with all of the new releases over the last year. Some of this is no doubt due to a handful of PAs leaving the store (Marcius, EmmaAndJordi, etc.) but some of this is also product pruning. I bring this up simply to note that there's a downside to putting off items on your wishlist, i.e. that they may disappear before you might otherwise grab them, so keep that in mind.

Personally, I think that Daz3D should just hang on to stuff forever when they can, but that's not their stance. Server storage space is cheap, and they usually keep copies on hand anyways for people that have already bought them (with exceptions), so pruning the store seems short-sighted to me, but then what do I know.

Fortunately, I grabbed most of the Marcius characters I wanted (in $1.99 sales) before he moved on to Renderhub, not as sure about the EmmaAndJordi stuff. And who knows what else I may have missed/have been pruned off of my wishlist on the Daz3D.com end...

But enough blah blah. As noted previously, the Renderosity 50% off storewide sale is running until November 30th at 11:59pm CST, so if there's stuff you've been wanting that doesn't go on sale often...

Thanks for posting up the Renderhub deals Schlongborn ! We don't hear about deals from the other sites nearly often enough!

On a whim, I checked out the Freedom-Of-Art store to see if I could find a sale, but I didn't see one. That site is pretty quiet, but there is some pretty cool and unique content that you can find there. I did this pic a while back showcasing a bunch of freebies that I downloaded from there:

Theres a bunch of static props (and the trike and neck restraints) that were freebies from that site in the pic above, including the massive cathedral building... so it might be worth checking it out. There's a hoop or two that you'll need to jump through though, I've posted about that in the Freebies thread a while back and I haven't checked out the site more recently. Anyways, I suggest checking the site out at least when you have some time to kill.

The cool horn helmet that Oneyda (a Marcius character) at the left is wearing in the pic below came from Freedom-Of-Art.

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Anyways, I suggest checking the site out at least when you have some time to kill.
Thanks for this site. It really has some unique stuff worth knowing about. There are actually lots of other sites out there that rarely get mentioned here, also because they are just not that big and commonly used. One other is this one:

I've never bought anything there, and I suspect a lot of the stuff there can also be found on renderhub. But there is a lot of fanart stuff there (so star wars clothing, marvel characters, stuff like that), which at least looks quite nice. So maybe interesting to some of you guys.
EDIT: Checking some of the stuff there I've noticed most of it is not royality free, so "not for commercial use", which I guess makes sense since a lot of it is replicas of copyrighted works (marvel for example), so watch out for that.

And since it is Black Friday, I guess you can go pretty much to any of the big marketplaces and find deals. Blendermarket is having one of its rare 25% sales: which I do think is worth it since blender is awesome.

And of course the other shop I spent too much money on this year:

The epic guys are like DAZ though, its 70% off now, but don't be surprised if its 90% off on christmas. Or entirely free. Btw. you guys do know that every month you get like 5 free assets in the unreal marketplace that are actually not that bad? Well, currently one those free items is something I bought earlier this year, so this can kinda suck.

An alternative to renderhub is which also has a sale of course. It has this weird system where for every sale you get points, and then you can always use those points to get 30% off of everything. Prices are usually not that great, but you can find a lot of stuff there thats also on other sites. So especially stuff from renderhub and unreal marketplace I've found there as well, sometimes with a bigger discount.

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22 and OhWee

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Thanks for this site. It really has some unique stuff worth knowing about. There are actually lots of other sites out there that rarely get mentioned here, also because they are just not that big and commonly used. One other is this one:

Personally, I would never touch anything at Forender. He now mostly does the Fanart stuff as you mentioned but he started by selling assets ripped from games. Assets that could be had for free among the SFM crowd. I'm sure most of us don't really care about using ripped assets from the big gaming companies, I certainly don't. My personal beef is that he took a HD skin texture of Jack from Mass Effect, created by NightFable on Deviantart, and started selling it as his own creation. Ripping off the fan base is not cool.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Personally, I would never touch anything at Forender. He now mostly does the Fanart stuff as you mentioned but he started by selling assets ripped from games. Assets that could be had for free among the SFM crowd. I'm sure most of us don't really care about using ripped assets from the big gaming companies, I certainly don't. My personal beef is that he took a HD skin texture of Jack from Mass Effect, created by NightFable on Deviantart, and started selling it as his own creation. Ripping off the fan base is not cool.
Good to know, the site pretty obviously just sells stuff where other people hold the copyright, so that already seems questionable. I do feel like some stuff on renderhub and cgreader is kinda shady as well, some of the models there appear to be ripped from games too. I guess its generally a good idea to be aware of the fact that it isn't particularly hard to just sell some stolen content, so buyer beware otherwise you might end up with some legal liability.

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Some interesting deals at daz3D.

You can get a free Victoria char v8, v7, v6 or v5. And if you already have all the Victoria collection, you probably have an orange banner that gives a coupon for another free DO char.

A free asset with a coupon. Most are PC+, most are old, and all are initially cheap, but it is better than nothing.

A bunch of 2k items at $2.99. Most have already appeared in previous sales at $1.99, but I spotted some of them that had not been so heavily discounted previously.

600 v4/m4 items discounted at 90% off (plus the DO PC+ discount if applicable). These are very old assets, but it may be worth a look.

And 50% off the rest of the items.

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note that if you haven't fired off your orange banner Loyalty code/coupon yet, the 70% off Genesis 3 items might be an interesting thought. That coupon expires at Midnight today Daz3D.com time.

Reactions: oaiki

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Since this platform is up and down (mostly down) I would recommend posting to F95zone's Discord channels for time-sensitive stuff. General chat (for non-developers) and Developer chat would be recommended. Everything has been really MEH on this "Black Friday" sale .... I didn't find anything that I wanted to use my MC-BLACKFRIDAY coupon on (such a waste). I bought one thing that I had on my wishlist for $2.99. What a waste of a sale. I had all the Victoria figures, and despite the suggestions by amster22 I saw no other discount offered.

• Thinking Face
  • Sad

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
What's more annoying is that yesterday the $6 off of $18 Daz+ coupon was broken, only offering partial discounts (Say only $1-2 off instead of $6 off). I'm about to see what's going on today sale wise, as it's he last day of the month and all that. Gotta luv coupon blocking...

Looks like the holiday loyaly sale has started. I only rated 25% off this year... and it excludes gift cards and memberships and fast grab and today only deals... and only applies to items that are part of the holiday loyalty sale...

Does anybody remember say a year ago when the loyalty discount used to apply to more things?

Last edited:
Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Does anybody remember say a year ago when the loyalty discount used to apply to more things?
Yes. Last year there was no constraint. The discount did not apply to gift cards/membership, but besides that all items were concerned. And 25% seems to be the maximum this year according to the daz forums.
But the daz policy has changed and avoiding stacking is one of their prime concern. And a consequence will probably be that this month sales will be meh. I suspect that they will try to have (this month discount + 25%) equivalent to the usual discount (say like the previous month).

• Thinking Face

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I wasn't much into the sales thing last year, looks like I woke up just as the Mean Team joined DAZ
:(

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote