The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OhWee, are you able to identify who the PA's were that pulled their assets? Or are they Daz Originals?
For me, it's mostly Marcius and EJ stuff. A few of the other items are from other PAs that are still in the store, but it's G3/G8 stuff so that's still a bit unsettling...

Marcius is in another store now of course. Looks like a 40% off sale is going on, not something I want to jump on atm.

More important things to pay for atm, so next time maybe.

Reactions: amster22 and Boogie

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
OhWee, are you able to identify who the PA's were that pulled their assets? Or are they Daz Originals?
I think the DO agreement states that if an item is labelled DO, if the PA leaves his/her work remain daz property. The recent known departures are Marcius, Rarestone or Emma&Jordi and despite their leaving several of their assets remain as DO products.
I have not heard of any recent departure besides these three. But it happens that some assets of an artist are removed from the store. For instance, half of the assets from Censored have disappeared some weeks ago, some even a couple of days after their issue.
Of course, daz never communicate or give an explanation.
And in some situations, the removed assets are no longer available anywhere. Emma&Jordi are at gumroad, Marcius at renderhub, but Rarestone older products have completely disappeared AFAIK (except a couple of new products that she sells at rendo under the "Ravenstone" name).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A few of the new batch of freebies snuck into the flash sale.

I see that Henrietta the Hen is back... looks like everything else is just textures as far as the 'new' freebies go and they are all pretty much ancient (G2 era or older).

Note that discounts do not stack in the Flash sale as far as I can tell. I put a 55% off item in my cart, it capped at an 80% off discount. Since my cutoff these days is $2.99... and since I'm no longer one of the Daz+ cool kids...

*Meh* for me. Better for others I'm sure though.

Reactions: oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Must be doing well for them ... they've extended it ...

1651882454589.png

but if you have already used it twice you are out of luck or in luck, depending on your wallet ;)

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Must be doing well for them ... they've extended it ...

View attachment 1796798

but if you have already used it twice you are out of luck or in luck, depending on your wallet ;)
This is what I am holding on to my gift card money for now (esp now that I am not a Daz+ member anymore). Got a couple of staff pick selections (women's stuff, animations) plus two base models that I have wanted and two more extras, one of which, Beauties of the World was on my wishlist (using the coupon twice) for around $66. Not a bad haul. I just don't have any interest in spending my gift card $ on anything that's got less than an 80% discount anymore. Once my latest gift card $ is done, I'm done.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A couple of notes.

While seamanq and I are pretty much in the same boat as far as Daz3D.com sales go at the moment, that is that we've both ended up letting our Daz+ memberships lapse and that we've both been rather unimpressed with the sales offerings lately, as compared to previous years, it should be kept in mind that there are others watching this thread that weren't buying stuff before, and hence the current situation is the only situation they really get to see as far as Daz3D.com sales go.

Myself, I'm holding out for the end of this month/June, when in past years we've seen PC+ for a day pop up. This sale isn't nearly as big as the fall PC+/Daz+ sale, but I'll be interested to see what pops up.

Once my gift certificate balance runs out, I'll be waiting on a killer deal on gift cards to get me back in the game, but if it doesn't happen, I may sit on the sidelines for a while until sales strategies change, unless a killer deal on gift cards pops up.

I guess my point here is that for others, $5 or more might indeed be the best deal they are going to get on some stuff, and I welcome others that point out these deals for the newer customers. Such prices are actually comparable to the sale prices of similar items over at Renderosity and other sites, which should be kept in mind.

Of course, if we see better deals, as always call them out! I seriously doubt that anyone over at Daz3D.com watches this thread, but there are several of us now that have let our Daz+ memberships lapse due to the lack of a 50% off memberships offer, the declining value of freebies, and the lack of really good deals. If Daz3D.com wants our business back, it'll need to try harder.

Otherwise, some of us here have effectively given up on sales over at Daz3D.com, and are probably spending our Daz Studio budget money elsewhere at this point.

So my point is, let's not commiserate too much here, just keep in mind that some people are shopping right now for stuff and that the current deals need to be evaluated as it relates to the 'new normal' we've seen lately. While us 'old timers' may be out of the game, this thread can still be useful to newer folk.

but enough about that for now...

Secondly, over at Renderosity, I'm going to call this product out:

product_image_full_215691_69deca7263fa22a440a721ac632f2df7.jpg

There's a Prime sale for non Prime members running right now, that drops the price of this 737 airliner from $19.95 to $7.98. While normally that would be too steep for my blood, this is a fully detailed airliner, something that we don't get to see very often.

Note that 'coupons do not apply'.

It IS for Poser, but one of the reviewers noted that it 'played nice' well enough in Daz Studio for him, and he was able to spiffy it up with a few metal shaders and such for the knobs and such.

There's also some ground crew equipment (unloading stairs truck, luggage trolleys) available separately right now from the same vendor for $6 (Prime price). If for some reason you need these for an airport scene, well it's a thought...

This particular paint scheme for said 737 is kind of suggestive...

product_image_full_523557_69deca7263fa22a440a721ac632f2df7.jpg

Might be just the thing for Mile High Club adventures for erotic novel characters on a budget, that can't afford private jets and such...

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1651997365787.png

what the banner doesn't tell you is that there is Gift Card Sale -

Get 10% OFF a $10-49.99 Gift Card or Get 15% OFF a $50+ Gift Card

it may not be the best, but it still helps make the exchange rate better if you use non US Dollar currency ...

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo, a new bunch of discounted items:
70% off until Tuesday
60% off only today

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Concerning today 70% off sale at rendo, I would like to draw your attention to a set by Biala "Crowd Figure G8F and G8M Compatible" presently at $4.5.

This is a set of very low poly chars suitable to render a *big* crowd of people.
The good things on this set: 1/ it is really low poly (<2k/char) and you can easily render a crowd of tens, maybe hundreds of chars even with a low end GPU. 2/ any g8 pose set can be used without any problem giving a very natural attitude to the chars.
The not so good: 1/ faces are not excellent 2/ the texture set is very limited. You can use though most g8 hair and clothing (expect a few pokes), but it is somehow contradictory with the desire to keep the poly count of the scene low.

BUT, what is *great* is that marcPoser is creating an incredible collection of freebies for this set. There are presently ~100 free items with new faces, expressions, morphs, skins, low poly hairs, cloths, items (umbrella, bicycle, etc), etc.
I have the Biala set for a long time, but I just discovered marcPoser extensions a few days ago. Did not have the chance to try it, but it seems extremely promising.

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Concerning today 70% off sale at rendo, I would like to draw your attention to a set by Biala "Crowd Figure G8F and G8M Compatible" presently at $4.5.

This is a set of very low poly chars suitable to render a *big* crowd of people.
The good things on this set: 1/ it is really low poly (<2k/char) and you can easily render a crowd of tens, maybe hundreds of chars even with a low end GPU. 2/ any g8 pose set can be used without any problem giving a very natural attitude to the chars.
The not so good: 1/ faces are not excellent 2/ the texture set is very limited. You can use though most g8 hair and clothing (expect a few pokes), but it is somehow contradictory with the desire to keep the poly count of the scene low.

BUT, what is *great* is that marcPoser is creating an incredible collection of freebies for this set. There are presently ~100 free items with new faces, expressions, morphs, skins, low poly hairs, cloths, items (umbrella, bicycle, etc), etc.
I have the Biala set for a long time, but I just discovered marcPoser extensions a few days ago. Did not have the chance to try it, but it seems extremely promising.
So does this render somewhat similarly to the Now Crowd assets on Daz3D? These have gone on super good sale in the past and do a similar thing in different environments. Additionally, are these assets environment-specific, or can they be used anywhere?

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
So does this render somewhat similarly to the Now Crowd assets on Daz3D? These have gone on super good sale in the past and do a similar thing in different environments. Additionally, are these assets environment-specific, or can they be used anywhere?
They are just low poly chars and as any char they can be used anywhere. It is a custom char (independent of the g8 base), but the bone naming makes it compatible with g8 in terms of pose/clothing.

It somehow compares to Now Crowd as both are very low on resources, but with several differences. 1/ it is much more flexible. In now crowd billboards, you can turn the billboards but they have a fixed shape. You cannot have, say people kissing, you cannot choose the poses, the cloths, etc. 2/ A single set of billboards has an insane size (~10G) (because of the possibility to orientate them), and you need to have a new set depending on the situation (in the streets, in a classroom, on the beach, in an office, etc). 3/ on the downside, you need to pose and dress the chars. For background chars, it does not really matter and can be fast, but it takes longer than putting billboards. 4/ another drawback is that you really must use them at a distance (or slightly blurred) while the billboards can be used on close ups.

I have used them in several renders (in a crowded airport, for instance) and tried several solutions. There is an old asset that I have for instance "lorenzo and loretta" that is good; The chars are better looking than in the Biala set but posing them is really a PITA and they are also very limited in terms of textures. As I said, I haven't tried the marcPoser extensions, but it largely improves the look of the chars, give several cloths/hair (contemporary) and having some (limited) expressions is good in terms of diversity. And what is great with this set is that is accepts any g8 pose. Juts instantiate some chars, dress them, open an adapted pose set, and apply different poses in order to have a crowd dancing, watching a football game, making out in a swinger club, etc.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
If you want to spend money at Daz, always use discounted gift cards (which effectively stack with all other discounts).

Today we've got a 20% off gift card with no prerequisites.

1652514458457.png

I don't think we've seen 25% off in 2022, and I don't know if we've even seen 20% off without a preqrequisite. I've explained before how preqrequisites effectively reduce the percentage off that you get (because the preqrequisites must be bought without using your previous gift card discount), so I think this deal, flat 20% for $200+, at least ties with the best we've seen in a while, maybe it's the best of 2022, and most likely it's as good as you're going to see for the forseeable future.

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Gift card followup:

I've mentioned before, so I decided to check whether any of the promo codes on there work with gift cards.

I've used MORE-FOR-50 (50% off) and FORTY-FOR_ME (40% off) already, so I don't know if they apply to gift cards (but probably not), but there's one on there I haven't used before, DAZ15 (15% off), and it DOES apply to gift cards.

1652515481216.png

This 32% with code should be good for 21 hours after this is posted, assuming you haven't used DAZ15 before. Discount is less for $200 and lower cards.

Assuming DAZ15 will only work once, in theory you want to buy as many $500 gift cards as you think you'll ever use for the next 5-10 years (and can afford without going into debt) to get this effective 32% discount on as much as possible (because we're unlikely to see it that high again, except by accident).

Like most of the other posters recently, I don't buy much from Daz anymore, so I don't really have any use for a thousand dollars in store credit, but I wanted to test putting them in cart to make sure it would work when buying multiple gift cards in case anybody out there wanted to do it. I didn't actually buy this.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Thanks guys! I concur that 20% for Daz Gift Cards over $200, with no prereqs, and a possible 15% off coupon code (if it works for you) is something to jump on, in this 'new normal'. If you plan to recharge at all, I'd say go for the full $500. Multiple GCs is your call, if you think you'll burn through that much credit over the next several months. I still have a bunch of store credit banked, so I'm good for now...

Either way, 20% off for $200 or more with no prereqs is notable if you are feeling the need to recharge your gift card balance, or don't have a gift card balance. As we've said before, if you havent' been taking advantage of gift card sales, but still buy stuff over at Daz3D, well you are missing out on saving a little extra dough...

I want to call out a couple more cute G3F gals that are getting vaulted ($2 each):

The second gal is in the Kalea 7 Starter/Pro bundles, but she has a unique tattoo so if you aren't planning on grabbing either bundle anytime soon, might be a thought...

About the only $1 Vault item I seeing (and already have), that might be fun for a lark is this six legged tank. YMMV on the $1 items, it's all older of course:

A similar tank was used in some bad 2010s era sci fi network movie, I think giant sharks or something were involved, it's been a while since I tried to watch said movie, and the acting/script was groan worthy.

Other than that, a couple of sales over at Renderosity, it looks like several of the sales will end Sunday night so you have a little time...

If for some reason you wanted a MiG 29 in an 'airshow friendly' Ukrainian paint scheme, there's this one:

50% off, 60% off for Prime members.

Carry on!
;)

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Gift card followup:
And here I thought I was done with the DAZ store, with almost no discounted GC money left, and you pull me right back in. Since I am still buying stuff occasionally, and because of the Ukraine war the Euro has been loosing value against the Dollar, I bought a relatively large GC card amount as kind of a "hedge" against the Euro falling even further.

Hope I don't regret it too much later but I think with the prices in the DAZ store being what they are currently, that I can stretch out the GC money until the end of the year (or at least until the end of my DAZ+ membership, which is sometime around October I think).

Reactions: glassware

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
FWIW the 20% off gift-card deal is still available, it's part of the Saturday deal page, and that page is still listed in the rotating banner and may remain there for another day or two. I tested and it's still valid.

Reactions: OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote