The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Here is something potentially nice:

miami-beach-art-deco-district-01.jpg

Just found this on renderhub, its by Prefox, who makes nice assets generally. It is 40% off with the code PX40 currently. Could be a bad deal actually since I have no idea if 40% is very common on renderhub. They do still have a sale going on for other DAZ items, most of them at 40% off, but I did not spot anything super exiting in there.

EDIT: it actually was on the DAZ store before, the Readme can still be found, but seems like it was removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, I don't think that this is worth $7.25, but it is rather amusing nonetheless, it's a CGSpree sale item atm...

gondolaferryman.jpg

This set of products is 50% off, 60% off for Renderosity Prime members until 11:59PM Sunday Tennessee/Renderosity time:

This sale also runs through Sunday:

Kadaj15 is notable for his celebrity lookalike characters, and is in the above sale if such things interest you.

The 'second round' coupon that's supposed to build on that 10% off coupon we had in play earlier this week hasn't been posted yet, so it may pay to wait to see if that shows up before these other sales expire. JennBlake posted in the CS forum that they'd be posting the second coupon on Sunday.

As for Daz3D.com, new freebies, nothing particularly new or notable IMHO, but they are free so yeah...

The current Daz3D.com sale doesn't interest me, maybe someone else will spot a good deal.

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1653095102357.png

So, I got this coupon code in an orange banner message this morning ... for a moment it made me feel special, but now Daz has gone and burst my bubble ...

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I'm not sure how I want to play this one. Since when I got the offer (and screen grabbed it), there was no requirement to buy three new releases, Daz3D support came back to me and said they would honor the deal for up to two bundles at the 80% off mark without additional purchases. That is a first for me. That would suggest that in the future if other users see offers that look "too good to be true" grabbing a screenshot for future documentation may be useful in getting deals that maybe were accidents but got out there "in the wild" as such.
I finally bit the bullet and got two Pro bundles at the 80% mark. They had to manually process it. Of course, I liked it a lot better when they were doing Pro Bundles around the holidays for less, but $26 is respectable for current G8 Pro Bundles, especially if the characters and all the side assets are things that I wanted, which I did. The savings on the side items alone make it worth the $26 per Pro Bundle.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz3D:
Use Coupon Code FANTASTIC-DEAL to get:
$18 OFF‡ Fantastical Daz Originals or $26 OFF‡* when you buy any
(usable twice per customer)

None of the assets are discounted, and you would probably not buy any of them without 60-70% off, so the actual gain is not $18, but rather around $6. More, if you are daz+, the 30% discount does not apply, which reduces the gain. But two free assets is offer that one cannot refuse.

EDIT: You can add (twice) the PC+ weekly freebie to raise the amount to $26.

And if you are not PC+, it should become free as you "purchase" something!

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
At daz3D:
Use Coupon Code FANTASTIC-DEAL to get:
$18 OFF‡ Fantastical Daz Originals or $26 OFF‡* when you buy any
(usable twice per customer)

None of the assets are discounted, and you would probably not buy any of them without 60-70% off, so the actual gain is not $18, but rather around $6. More, if you are daz+, the 30% discount does not apply, which reduces the gain. But two free assets is offer that one cannot refuse.
Thanks for the nice tip. Free goodies are always good!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, today's Asian and Pacific Islanders month sale over at Daz3D.com:

There's one sale element that caught my eye. A grab bag sale for $3.59 per item, which drops to $2.59 per item if you spend over $15 in a single transaction. Just tested my cart, and if you put 5 grab bag items in the cart ($17.95), this will trigger the $2.59/item, dropping the price below $15. There are 118 items in the sale category item pool currently.

It's a pretty eclectic mix of items so It's worth a looksee.

$2.59 isn't quite $1.99, but looking at the sales history for at least one of the items, it looks like a few of these items haven't been discounted this deeply before. Also, who knows if we will get $1.99 sales again. I'm hoping, but that's no guarantee.

No 'second round' coupon over at Renderosity yet, but they often add sales promos around 9 AM Tennessee USA time, as well as around 11 PM, so check later today.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a followup on the 'second round' coupon over at Renderosity. In the Renderosity CS forum, ShaniaB posted up that the second coupon won't be coming out until tomorrow.

So if you were waiting on that coupon for the sales that end today, like I was, well no second coupon today...

There are several vendor releases that won't expire until tomorrow, but yeah the two notable sales end tonight.

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, today's Daz3D.com sale.

30% off memberships with any new release. *meh*

I suppose it might be worth it if you were a new shopper spending a lot of money. For seasoned Daz shoppers with a lot of Daz3D.com content already and no real desire to buy a lot of new stuff...

I'm still holding out for a 50% off deal, but that may be wishful thinking at this point in the new Daz sales team normal...

I'm looking at an 'extra 17% off 3D Universe items' orange banner atm, I suggest checking your messages box directly to see if you have stacked orange banners, but I'm seeing these 'non-typical' increments a lot in Daz3D.com sales lately. I'm thinking that bean counters have taken over the Daz3D.com sales team, if they are getting that specific with their discounts. Also, 45% off featured artists, additional discounts with new releases. 45% off base discount is lower than I'm used to seeing, not that I would take advantage of this sale anyways. Again, sensing bean counters...

*Meh*...

Meanwhile, over at Renderosity:

70% off select bargain bin items through tomorrow, and 60% off markdown Monday items. The 'second round' coupon should drop around 9 AM Tennessee USA time, so it might pay to wait a few hours if you took advantage of the first round coupon.

oaiki

The 'sad' like is directed at Daz CS, not you. 17% off a gift card with 3 new releases seems a bit steep to me. I'd be curious if this stacks with the other gift card sale that's going on atm, but won't be jumping on this as I'm good with my store credit balance atm.

Reactions: oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
The 'sad' like is directed at Daz CS,
No worries, its a reaction so I'm always gratified that someone took the time to read my post ;)

The way exchange rates are going at the moment 17% off money is way better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick ...

[EDIT] Oh!, I don't/didn't have any other GC deals going on at the moment ... should I be feeling paranoid?[/EDIT]

30% off memberships with any new release. *meh*
I'm still holding out for a 50% off deal,
yes, I don't think I have ever seen the 50% deals, also, because of my naivety in my earlier days, I won't need to renew until 2024, so it is posted as info for newcomers ... I do actually find the Daz+ weekly/monthly deals worthwhile

I'm looking at an 'extra 17% off 3D Universe items' orange banner atm,
I got the banner, and seen the Memphis Bundle deal on 3D Universe deals, without the Bundle I think it works out at 60% off the 3DU stuff and 68% with the bundle. Not much in the deal at those prices that struck me as out of the norm ...

45% off featured artists, additional discounts with new releases.
I what I found sweet about this was that with 5+ items from the selection you got an extra 5% off your cart. This stacked nicely with the Best-Hair coupon and "Best Of Morphs" deals (kicking myself because I must have scrolled past the "Best Of Characters") in the same basket

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The 'second round' coupon should drop around 9 AM Tennessee USA time, so it might pay to wait a few hours if you took advantage of the first round coupon.
The rendo coupon has been posted on your mail. Just in case it is lost in spams, it is MAY22LINK2P10B5 but it should only work if you have used the previous coupon (but no risk to try it). It is 20%off, requires a $10 purchase, is multiuse until Thursday and should trigger another coupon with a larger discount later...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
oaiki

I think I saw a GC offer in a previous still running sale earlier, but if so they've edited that offer out of said sale. I could have been imagining things though. Things like this are why bargain shoppers need to pay attention around Daz midnight, but in this case it was probably a figment of my imagination.

And I totally respect newer shoppers having to 'make do' with current sales. One of the reasons I lament the whole 'less than 50% off on memberships' thing is because then it's on the internet, and might show up in google searches and such. The last time we had a 'no prereqs' 50% off deal on annual memberships, according to the Daz sales history was back in August of 2021. We ALMOST hit 50% off in October with prereqs as i remember, and in retrospect I should have jumped on either deal, but before then 50% off membership deals showed up briefly often enough to make it feel 'par for the course.'

Of course, it's not par for the course now, but I'm hoping that enough people are not renewing and have been curtailing their shopping to get the attention of the Daz sales team, enough to convince them to throw us a bone as it were. But again, this is probably wishful thinking on my part.

I understand other prices going up as PAs have to deal with inflation too, but memberships are a tiny percentage of Daz3D.com's income, so that's a bone they can throw us easily enough. Us 'old timer' customers are suffering under inflation too! And newer customers...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The rendo coupon has been posted on your mail. Just in case it is lost in spams, it is MAY22LINK2P10B5 but it should only work if you have used the previous coupon (but no risk to try it). It is 20%off, requires a $10 purchase, is multiuse until Thursday and should trigger another coupon with a larger discount later...
Thanks for the heads up!

I'm seeing a few cute outfits in the 70% off sale, and it appears that at least some of them are coupon eligible. Also some Prae hairstyles and other cool stuff.

For someone that is good with just jeans and a t-shirt and little fashion sense in real life (i.e. a boring male wardrobe), I sure have a lot of fashion oriented stuff in my Daz3D.com library, just sayin...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo, several notable sales
75% off (very) old stuff
55% several stores
All is valid until Thursday, as well as the 20% off coupon.

Reactions: OhWee and oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I suppose that I should call out this orange banner offer at Daz3d.com...

So, you may or may not have an orange banner/inbox message with the title '$8 items just for you'.

You can get up to 8 items for $8 each with coupon code EIGHT4EIGHT
from this selection of items (if you received the associated orange banner)

I checked the associated 'select Daz Originals' items and there are some older $49.95 bundles in there, including a few of the G2 and older starter bundles, and a few G3/G8 oriented bundles.

That works out to roughly 84% off for the $49.95 bundles, if such things interest you.

I suppose that I should call this particular $49.95 item out. Not sure how much more useful this would be over my current mix of expressions, but according to my Daz sales history, it hasn't been cheaper than $10.99 in the last year, before coupons, etc...

$8 doesn't usually move me though. Daz CS just doesn't get me these days...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Sooo, today's Daz3D.com sale...

so Genesis 2 at 70%/75% off, but M4/V4 at 65% off (72% off if you spend over $15). Also, 72% off Genesis stuff unless you buy the associated bundles.

First off, not the best deal I've seen. Secondly, weird that M4/V4 has a lower discount for Daz+ members.

Also, 25% off Daz+ memberships. Still trending in the wrong direction.

The 1 or 2 free DOs if you spend over $50/$100 in a single transaction is just laughable.

Underwhelmed by the sale, saving my store credit for something more interesting...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Dunno if any of you already own two Michael 8.1 or Victoria 8.1 bundles, but if so, well 5% extra off is better than nothing I suppose...

View attachment 0526-flash.webp

I'm still underwhelmed, but if you meet the prereqs and were going to buy stuff today at anyways at Daz3D.com, well it's a (minor) thing.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote