The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
There's a coupon code deal FABULOUS8 that gets you 56% (63% for Daz+) off up to 8 items from a list of 2900+ Genesis 8 female products, and it stacks! If you have daz deals plugin, sort by % off to maximize % saved. Most (all?) Gen8 female starter & pro bundles are on the list, should be about 74% off.

If you need Daz3D gift card credit and for some reason you didn't follow my advice and get the 20% off gift card a couple weeks ago, here's the next best thing:

1653675113689.png

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
amster22

Have you seen the coupon code for the third round Renderosity Coupon in your email yet?

So there's a 'grab bag' offer over at Renderosity this weekend. Spend $3.50, get a grab bag item if you put the associated 'product' in your cart. The pool of grab bag items is rather big, and it's a mix of different items, so who knows what you'll end up with.

A couple of other sales are still running until Sunday, should you be looking for something to buy.

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
@amster22

Have you seen the coupon code for the third round Renderosity Coupon in your email yet?
Not yet.
Last week it was on Monday after the opening of Rendo office by a mail from Jenn Blade (not rendo), and it will probably be similar this week. Fortunately, the 'grab bag' offer holds until Tuesday.
Probably it is better to wait, unless you are interested by some sale that will be over.

But, also consider that the future discount will be conditioned by a sufficiently high purchase ($15? maybe $20?). If you are interested by, say, 3 items at $5 is it better to purchase them together for $15 and get the discount and a bogo or to buy them independently without a discount but with 3 bogos?

Reactions: OhWee

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I just wanted to point out the sale for legacy items, which includes a lot of imho useful older items that are not discounted that often. You can get them for 73% off, which is not that much all things considered, but for example items like these:

are totally worth getting for that price.

Or older items of PA's like Outoftouch, Linday, AprilYSH or Aeon Soul can be really quite nice still and 73% off ain't too bad for those currently.

A word of warning though, I have kind of a feeling they'll just put a bunch of these older items into grab bag sale for 2.99 or so soon. That's just something I expect at this point, and since older items are more likely to end up in these, you might end up regretting buying stuff right now. AprilYSH is a good candidate for a grab bag sale, the others like Aeon Soul etc. not so much, but you never know.

Get those Mec4D shaders though, like really, even if I knew they would be 80% off next week, I'd still get them today so I can start using them.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Last day of "memorial day" sales at daz3D, and some are interesting.
  • A "grab bag" at $2.49 if you purchase at least 6 ($3.49 otherwise)
  • 15k "legacy artist" items (not DO and while none are very recent, many are from the g8 era) at 68%off or 73%off if you buy at least two (there was a similar deal yesterday, but it required a $35 purchase). For most of them this is the highest discount in months.
  • There are other sales, though they seem less interesting, but YMMV

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
  • 15k "legacy artist" items (not DO and while none are very recent, many are from the g8 era) at 68%off or 73%off if you buy at least two (there was a similar deal yesterday, but it required a $35 purchase). For most of them this is the highest discount in months.
I just noticed a glitch on this sale. One third of the items that I added to the cart where *heavily* discounted (around $2-3). I do not understand what is the origin, but you should try on your wishlisted items before the glitch is fixed.
EDIT: Just sort the items by %off. Some items are at 85% off and if you buy two they will be 87% off.
Re-EDIT: This was crazy, but the glitch seems to fixed now :(

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
The 3rd rendo coupon has been posted MAY22LINK3P10B5
The discount is 30% :), but you need a $20 purchase and is is a one time use :(.
It is supposed to be only usable if you used the previous coupons, but there is no risk to try.
Valid until wednesday.

Reactions: ghostship and OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1653931032120.png

This one doesn't seem to have hit the main page yet ... it comes with a GC deal too

Get 15% OFF a OR get 18% OFF* when you buy any Item over $5

[EDIT] actually, it looks like yesterday's (?) deal with less off the GC ... [/EDIT]

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OhWee and amster22

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
They fixed the pricing issue, but that was quite something. Now I feel bad about encouraging people to spend some money just two days ago. But who could expect a pricing error like that. Maybe it was just a ruse to us spend our gift card money, I certainly spend more then I expected to.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I slept through whatever just happened, so no idea what the final % off was in the sale y'all are referencing.

I did note that there's a bundle or two in the $3.49/$2.49 sale. Also, I did check to see if the Hot Work costume (one of the sale items) vest unbuttoned, apparently it does, if you need a new hot boss/secretary outfit for your VN...

hotworkcostumevest.jpg

In case you haven't jumped on that sale yet. I was able to find at least six items to drop the price from $3.49 to $2.49, including the item above, YMMV.

Also, flash sale until Daz Midnight today:

0530-flash.jpg

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
The 3rd rendo coupon has been posted MAY22LINK3P10B5
The discount is 30% :), but you need a $20 purchase and is is a one time use :(.
It is supposed to be only usable if you used the previous coupons, but there is no risk to try.
Valid until wednesday.
What I find really annoying is that there isn't a significant concurrent sale going on with this coupon. Sure, there's a couple of specific items on sale, but no vendor stores on sale atm. Same for the grab bag stuff.

Sure, there's Prime items, but those are at their 'usual' offers.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
What I find really annoying is that there isn't a significant concurrent sale going on with this coupon. Sure, there's a couple of specific items on sale, but no vendor stores on sale atm. Same for the grab bag stuff.

Sure, there's Prime items, but those are at their 'usual' offers.
I agree. It is very difficult to use the coupon and I will wait until tomorrow...
It is somehow similar for the fast grab sale. I succeded to purchase some prime/clearance items that I had wishlisted (as they will not be discounted further), but besides that...

• Thinking Face

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I agree. It is very difficult to use the coupon and I will wait until tomorrow...
It is somehow similar for the fast grab sale. I succeded to purchase some prime/clearance items that I had wishlisted (as they will not be discounted further), but besides that...
This might be a good time to bring up 'hidden' sales at Renderosity.

There is actually a LOT of stuff that is discounted currently, but you'll need to use the menus to get to the various pages. Here's one of the 'catch all' pages. You an also sort by Prime, Prime Flash, etc...

As for the coupon, note that it doesn't seem to work on 'prime' prices. I do wish that Renderosity had a 'sort by coupon eligible' option. Really, the software structure at Renderosity needs a bit of an overhaul, specifically it should 'sort out' the items you already own, can't tell you how many times I've checked a product page only to find out that I already own the item... but at least the sort options are still a lot more useful than at Daz3D.com.

What's more annoying is that at the 'top level' it's not clear which items are coupon eligible. I found a few items that had the 'red' Coupon color on the price on the 'list' page, but when I went to the product page, the product was actually coupon eligible. That being said, it still seems like about 90% of the sale items lock out the coupons.

So I gave up for now. Not too enthused about the grab bag thing as the odds of getting something I don't really want are so high, that happened once already, due to the large number of items in the grab bag pool.

I still prefer the Renderosity shopping experience, but it's stuff like this that I find really annoying...

Reactions: glassware and oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
(snip)

PS: Also a bunch a new freebies at daz3D. As disappointing as usual.
I think the most interesting thing here is a texture set for an outfit that nobody seems to have...

The outfit was released back in 2015, not sure when it was pulled...

The (former) PA, Zoe, from what I can tell all associated products from Zoe have been pulled from the Daz3D.com store...

Zoe is a vendor over at Renderosity, but the associated outfit isn't there either...

However, she hasn't uploaded a new product since March of 2018 at Renderosity.

Last edited:

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
That COREDEAL isn't really good, but there are many "new" characters I'd never seen under 50%.
So if you really need one of them, 8.99$ is .... ok.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I think the most interesting thing here is a texture set for an outfit that nobody seems to have...
I am also dissapointed having spent quite a while searching for the "Jackyline Outfit" ... but then it is not surprising, most of the Daz "Freebies" are loss leaders for older products that those of us new to it all do not have, nor neccesarily want ... it is quite galling that this is a G3F outfit

I do also like a number of pre Genesis 3 outfits, sadly I don't think they are worth their full price tag so all the free textures are a bit pointless ... and of course when the outfits are at a reasonable price the 'freebie' textures aren't

Last edited:
  • Hey there
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote