The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
Today Daz continues with a bunch of random deals like before. It looks like basically everything in the store (except the newest stuff) is in one of the sales, but I wanted to break down the percentages for y'all.

1. , with 2600 items listed
  2. , 9000 items
  3. , 22000 items
Without Daz+, those percentages compound into:

1. 52% for one, 59% off when you buy 2
  2. 63% for under $30, 69% off when you spend $30
  3. 56%
With Daz+, the percentages work out to:
  1. 66% for one, 71% off for 2+
  2. 74% for under $30, 79% off when you spend $30
  3. 60%
Deal #1 includes a bunch of G8 starter and pro bundles and 71% off isn't bad for those.

But! As of this writing, deal #1 has a bug, and about half the items listed are not part of deal #1, but are actually part of deal #3. You can tell by the percentages off on it, so shop carefully.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Start of daz+ semi annual sale at daz3D.
Many interesting sales including a free item and a free daz+ bundle, 40% off daz+ membership, BYOB (8 items for $2.99), GC discount (10% or 18% if>$100), DO items for $2.29, daz+ for a day items at $1.99 and several more standard sales.

Notes:
Several sales require to purchase a "debut new release", but one of them is a cheap daz+ items.
Also, if you purchase for more than $20, you get a free item with coupon FREESTUFF (Important: the item costs ~$13, so you just need to have $7 worth in your cart to get it for free).

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just want to note that the Daz+ for a day prices are pretty much only for Daz+ members, no membership lesser discount.

I'll be pretty much watching this sale from the sidelines.

Reactions: oaiki and ghostship

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Oh-Kaaay...

So, looked around for a coupon r.e the Daz+ membership. I found this one that claims to be for 40% off on Dealspotr, which doesn't work for me...
I-RE-MEMBER

HOWEVER, when I put the Annual Membership in my cart to try the coupon, it was already showing up for 40% off...

Looking at today's sales page, yeah the 40% off deal is buried in the page art (as was pointed out by amster22 ). Apparently there was a $40 deal at some point (recent best) but I don't remember that one.

It's not 50% off, but it's better than 30% off, the previous 'best' offer we've seen so far this year. And if you need to spend $20 in a single transaction to meet some other sales requirement today... I already have said 'freebie' though. Note that the Daz+ related sales items are showing up at Daz+ prices with the membership renewal in my cart.

The Quarterly membership is still not discounted either way though ($24 for 3 months). I was thinking about just grabbing one of those and holding out until September for a better deal, but $42 isn't that far of a reach from $24.

Last edited:
Reactions: glassware and oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Oh, and yep it's yet ANOTHER plant thingie for the weekly Daz+ freebie. The other Daz+ 'freebie' has a wheelchair so that's something:

Oh well, I wouldn't want to keep neglecting my Daz botany freebie collection...
:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: oaiki

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
The Quarterly membership is still not discounted either way though ($24 for 3 months). I was thinking about just grabbing one of those and holding out until September for a better deal, but $42 isn't that far of a reach from $24.
Don't forget that if you're using store credit, you're stacking on whatever gift card discount you got, so the $42 is more like $33 or $29 of cash (though the same is true of the $24, of course).

• Hey there
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK guys, I'm obviously missing something here.

Could someone explain what the Hell's Belles this is?

I see free Daz+ annual membership, but there's gotta be a catch... I'm not grasping the 'buy-in' so if anyone else 'gets' this, please feel free to explain.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
OK guys, I'm obviously missing something here.

Could someone explain what the Hell's Belles this is?

I see free Daz+ annual membership, but there's gotta be a catch... I'm not grasping the 'buy-in' so if anyone else 'gets' this, please feel free to explain.
skimmed through it, got bored, ignored ... the buy-in is buying an nft ( ) ... or minting one, still not clear on how to do that though

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
skimmed through it, got bored, ignored ... the buy-in is buying an nft ( ) ... or minting one, still not clear on how to do that though
OK, so it'll cost money, not interested then. NFTs crashed for the most part anyways...

At least 3090s are around MSRP again. I'm curious if they will drop further, I might actually think about getting one then, $1499-ish MSRP is a bit rich for my blood, even though 24 GB of VRAM would be nice. But that's getting off subject, I'd rather spend $150 towards another graphics card than some NFT thingie...

Thanks for the clarification!

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
At least 3090s are around MSRP again. I'm curious if they will drop further, I might actually think about getting one then, $1499-ish MSRP is a bit rich for my blood, even though 24 GB of VRAM would be nice.
I bought a 3090 when they came out, and it has been one of the best purchases in terms of improving the DAZ experience I have ever made. But, right now the new cards are not too far away, I'd expect some information about them in the next 2-3 months.

I do however feel like the 4090 is not going to be as much of a step up for DAZ as the 3090 was, first of all it will have the same 24GB, second it assume it will mostly improve the gaming aspects, not so much the CUDA side of things (but of course I could be wildly wrong about this). And third, once you have a 3090, rendering in DAZ becomes quite fast, but everything else is still slow. So you can render fast, and I often find myself just working with Iray preview on, but the loading of scenes, switching between frames in an animation, uploading textures to the GPU and preparing to render, those are the things that end up being slow and where I am waiting on the most.

Oh, and also the 4090 is rumored to have an even higher TDP then the 3090, and that thing already heats up my room considerably. Regardless of which one you get, first thing I recommend doing is undervolting it!

So I guess I totally recommend a 3090, but at this point I'd also think about if its worth waiting for the 4090.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Schlongborn

Keep in mind that it takes a few weeks/months for the Daz Studio software to be updated to work with new cards.

Also, triple/quadruple slot? And I hear that the MSRP is going up again for the privilege of owning such a hunk of nu metal...

Also, my eGPU case only has a 650w power supply. Who knows what the final TDP of the 4090 will be, but I like having headroom in my power supply budget, that way weird glitches and freezes don't pop up when the PSU is approaching max usage...

I looked up the 3060 vs 3090 stats in OctaneBench, and the 3090 is around 2.5x as fast. That and 3090 prices may drop a bit when the new cards are released, but I may move on one before then. I'm pretty happy with the 3060 already, but more VRAM would be nice.

Anyways, back on topic, a couple of popular stores are currently on sale over at Renderosity until Sunday night Tennessee USA time, including Lilflame, RainbowLight, Moyra, Sveva, DM, and those usually quite skinny Krashwerks gals. 'Usual' 50% off or so discounts, but if you've been wanting something from said vendors...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a note on today's Daz+ sale.

If you buy the Bistro bundle plus Wood Stove Living, the price in my cart (now that I'm Daz+ again), the total price for the five associated items is around $26.29 (plus tax). So a bit over $5 an item. But...

There's another deal running that has 90% off Pro and Starter bundles if you buy the Bistro bundle. The downside is that it's Genesis 2 or earlier stuff, but if there's a couple of say G2 bundles that you've been wanting, it might be a thought.

I suppose you could hold out for Genesis 9 and see if we get a bunch of free bundle offers again to entice us to buy Victoria 9, Michael 9, etc. but since Genesis 8.1 isn't that old, G9 may be a ways off still... I think that ship may have sailed as far as the Daz sales team even considering doing such a thing again though...

There's also some weird stacking discount going on atm. For every day you buy something (say a Daz+ for a day item) over $1, you'll earn an extra 3% off of your cart (between June 12th and 18th), excluding Gift Cards, Memberships and new items. So if you have been planning on grabbing Daz+ for a day items anyways, well it may give you an extra discount. Not sure if it'll apply to the Daz+ for a day items (a number of past discounts haven't), but it does say 'cart' and not 'items'...

A new $5.99 Anniversary bundle is also available of course (#3).

I've been mostly paying attention to Daz+ for a day though, as $2 per item is in my comfort zone. Memberships are still on sale for 40% off if you've been thinking about renewing. You wouldn't want your Daz botany freebie collection to wither...
:rolleyes:

Reactions: oaiki and amster22

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
It's quite funny to see.

The "offers" texts are getting longer and longer, "do this, buy that (but only if it's fullmoon)" ... and the offers itself are getting more and more boring.

Either it's working for them or they are really desperate.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
The "offers" texts are getting ...
yes, and the language doesn't always translate well ... only today I discovered that the 'build your own bundle' was:

put 8 items in your basket and only pay $2.99

previously I was reading this as 8 items at $2.99 each ... and not $0.37 each ... mind you it may not be as generous as it appears as the products are mostly old stuff ...

Oh! and you have to have exactly 8 of the offer's items in your cart for it to kick off the discount

• Haha
Reactions: tk99

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Oh! and you have to have exactly 8 of the offer's items in your cart for it to kick off the discount
Really? LOL.

nevermind, i checked that offer and there was not even one item i was interested in.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
R.E. the $2.99 Daz Build Your Own Bundle sale:

Yeah the $2.99 (total) for 8 items deal is a pretty good one. My issue is that I've picked over those sales so many times that until this go round, there weren't 8 items left that I wanted, so I 'let one or two items go' to see in the hope that there will be a catchup sale later. I probably should have made a bigger deal about the BYOB 8 thing earlier though, for those that may have seen a number of items in that category that they might have use for...

This time around though, yeah the pool is 448 items (minus what you already own). So the question is, are the items worth 37 cents each to you, or are there a couple of items that you really want that make it worth buying a few less interesting items. I'm sitting at around 50/50 atm as far as things I want, and I eventually find a use for most of the stuff I buy, even if a few of them end up being 'one offs'.

Sure, about 3/4 of the offered items are older gen stuff (pre-Genesis 3), but I still find use for some of that stuff...

On another note, if you've been buying Zodiac bundles but don't have all of them, today might be a good day to round out your collection (the last bundle was released today, bunch of 'tie-in' Zodiac bundle discounts). I haven't bought any of the bundles as they simply haven't interested me, but someone might want them...

I mainly am just watching for new Anniversary bundles ($5.99 for PC+, assuming that I don't own most of those bundled items already, it's been worth it so far) and the $1.99 PC+ for a day category.

But of course my 3D storytelling tends to range across several genres, so I can find use for a lot of different types/genres of items...

On the Renderosity front:

Again, a handful of vendors are having 50% off sales. Again, not particularly notable, but there's some interesting vendors again if you are looking for more sexy outfits to put into your Daz wardrobe.

Last edited:
Reactions: oaiki and amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
1655230054215.png

Mostly interesting for daz+ members. 65% off is not the best discount that we have seen, but as DO items add an extra 45% off these days, the final price is quite fair.

Reactions: oaiki and OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote