The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1659397467390.png

again not overly exciting, we've seen a lot of this stuff recently at better prices ...

if you are enticed, it stacks with the DAZ+ discount, so when you buy 4 or more you get 79% (70% without DAZ+)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Several worthwhile offers today

At rendo, for 24 hours, all Krashwerks chars at 70% off and Applejack store at 60% off.

and some other offers

At daz3D a new cyberpunk mega bundle at $95 with 4x$20 worth of free DO items. Generally this kind of offer is a chump bait: As the items are undiscounted, the real free amount is indeed 3 or 4 times smaller. But, several of the potentially free items are actually already 60%+ off (probably a glitch), and it may be worth a look if you are somehow interested by the bundle. (TBH, just saying, I wont buy it myself).
Edit: According to the daz forum, this offer seems to be completely buggy...

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018

At rendo, for 24 hours, all Krashwerks chars at 70% off and Applejack store at 60% off.

and some other offers
Including CODY, who is a pretty decent ringer for Maria Hill for just five bucks

Edit: According to the daz forum, this offer seems to be completely buggy...
I just started following the whole DAZ thing again after a couple of years-have their store sales always been this fucked up? That whole Streak thing was a mess, the 3D licensing thing is a mess, and now this one as well?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017

and some other offers

(snip)
Quick note on the 70% off Krashwerks sale. If you are Prime and haven't fired off your August monthly coupon yet, the items in this sale appear to be coupon eligible...

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Blendermarket is having a summer sale with 25% off:

One thing about these blendermarket sales: you can often get deals for individual addons/vendors outside of the sales. Mostly in the form of coupons that give off a certain percentage, most of the time better then the sales (just a bit, like 30% off vs 25% off). It always makes sense to check the addon pages even when a sale is going on, sometimes they offer a coupon in addition to the sale, so then you can get an additional discount! That is rare though.

Also it seems blendermarket is kind of doing the reverse of what DAZ is doing, newly released addons can be bought cheaply and then go up in price with each update. I have some in my library where that is the case, though it doesn't always work out when the vendor kind of abandons the addon and you end up with a broken unusable addon.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Blendermarket is having a summer sale with 25% off:

One thing about these blendermarket sales: you can often get deals for individual addons/vendors outside of the sales. Mostly in the form of coupons that give off a certain percentage, most of the time better then the sales (just a bit, like 30% off vs 25% off). It always makes sense to check the addon pages even when a sale is going on, sometimes they offer a coupon in addition to the sale, so then you can get an additional discount! That is rare though.

Also it seems blendermarket is kind of doing the reverse of what DAZ is doing, newly released addons can be bought cheaply and then go up in price with each update. I have some in my library where that is the case, though it doesn't always work out when the vendor kind of abandons the addon and you end up with a broken unusable addon.
Thanks! Do you use these only in Blender, or are you importing them into DAZ3D?
I downloaded a few free .OBJs from CGTrader, but had some issues getting the textures to work in DAZ (I did the whole import to Blender first, export out to DAZ which is usually recommended to fix any translation issues)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note...

The Daz+ thumbnail on the main Daz3D.com sales page was replaced, but you can still access the Daz+ page through the 'current sales' carousel at the left. It's the last item in the rotation.

Two new Daz+ freebies. Of course, one of those is plants, but it looks like you actually get planter bed boxes with the plants, and the plants are veggie themed this time so... yay?
:rolleyes:

The laboratory workstation might be marginally more useful to you, depending on whether science stuff ties into your VN or not... Note that the fire extinguisher is a bit of a tease, as far as I can tell no fire extinguisher actually comes with the workstation set. But of course it's free for Daz+ peeps though, so yeah...

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Thanks! Do you use these only in Blender, or are you importing them into DAZ3D?
I downloaded a few free .OBJs from CGTrader, but had some issues getting the textures to work in DAZ (I did the whole import to Blender first, export out to DAZ which is usually recommended to fix any translation issues)
I don't really buy assets (as in assets like figures/clothing etc. like I do in the DAZ store) on blendermarket, only addons that add additional functionality to blender (some of which come with assets, especially the terrain/vegetation ones).

Blender is itself really nice for rendering, so you could adapt a workflow of importing stuff into Blender with Diffeomorphic and then exclusively working there, and I imagine many do exactly that. Then really anything on blendermarket would be useful, the "flashiest" assets are usually the ones with which you can create nice scenery like:

Botaniq ( )
Scatter (

or if you just want a free one then maybe

Bagapie ( ) actually the paid one is cheaper on blendermarket currently:

will be enough for now. Also this one is kind of cool:

Physical Starlight and Atmosphere ( )

But its a huuuuge rabbit hole, watch out dude! At least for me that is easily something to spend way to much money on. Just clicking around I find stuff that I want to check out and have to force myself to resist buying it. Also nice scenery is great, but is it really that important for making visual novels? Not so sure about that.

I guess if you want something to use for only DAZ, then you could look at tools the help you with modeling like:

Hardops/Boxcutter ( )

or maybe less modeling and more kitbashing then you could get:

KitOps Pro ( )

can't really go wrong with those, and these would be useful to make custom meshes and morphs which you can use in DAZ. Also tons and tons of these helper tools to make creating meshes easier on blendermarket, since that is really the main thing blender is used for. Also lots of Archviz stuff that could be useful for doing backgrounds for visual novels actually. There are also tools to create hair and clothing if you want to go that route, but I feel like those are not that easy to use.

And finally, the one big thing I actually use blender for is posing and animation. So all the stuff I linked is like super cool, and I have quite a bunch of that stuff but to be honest none of that is really all that important to me. But, these two guys are:

Auto Rig Pro ( )
Auto Rig Pro Quick Rig ( )

with those you can use Diffeomorphic ( ) to import your DAZ figure into blender, then create a Auto Rig Pro armature for the figure with Quick Rig. It has an option to preserve to original armature, so you get the features of the Auto Rig Pro control rig for posing, but can then use the original DAZ armature to save poses and import them into DAZ, beats posing/animating in DAZ anytime. Don't expect easy though, not sure what your level of experience is, DAZ very much is easy mode, blender is not. Just trying to avoid setting unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1659686566765.png

the (at 86% off) the first qualifying product in the cart gets the discount, so be sure to add your most expensive choice first (and check that they haven't changed it since this post)

Coupon Code: B1-G1

1659686939877.png

Last edited:
Reactions: FranceToast

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
3D Printing licenses - A note of caution
If you are in the process of going through your library to add 3D Printing Licenses or adding them to new purchases.

Whilst it may be expedient to buy the license on the bundle, I have noticed that the cost of the bundle license is sometimes greater than the cost of buying the license for the individual products in the bundle.

Not sure how you can justify a mark up one the license price for bundles, but that's Daz accounting for you

Reactions: amster22

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
70% off 3DLoki shop at renderosity (only today). Can be stacked with coupons.

Also some other more standard discounts

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
For anyone still waiting on purchasing 3D printing licenses for all of their DAZ Originals, someone posted a script to automatically add all of them to your cart without needing any kind of user input:

So you can just let this script run for a while and then just click purchase once its done.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
For anyone still waiting on purchasing 3D printing licenses for all of their DAZ Originals, someone posted a script to automatically add all of them to your cart without needing any kind of user input:

So you can just let this script run for a while and then just click purchase once its done.
I am in the process of using it ... a thing to note is that occasionally it throws an exception on some products (Daz to * Bridge, Millennium Muscle Maps, etc.) this is displayed in the console and has a url like:

https: //www.daz3d.com/dazstatic/cart/license/product/70891?licenses%5B%5D=86858
(space added to stop linking)

just take the SKU number from between 'product/' and '?licenses' and add it to:

var DONTADDTOCART = [72265, 72003, 71381, 70895, 70893, 70891, 3050];

btw, that's all the SKU for bridges and Muscle Map...

PS - it'll add the non-free ones too if you are not careful

PPS - which if it is one of the inflated bundles you end up paying more per product or even twice depending on whether you have the individual licenses already

PPPS - also if you are doing multiple passes, the technique I usse is to open the first item in the cart in a new tab the remove remove it before checkout, and add it before the next pass ... this way I don't have to keep hunting for a qualifying unlicensed product

PPPPS - can you tell I've been to the pub?

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just noting that I've kind of 'checked out' for a bit with the Daz3D.com sales. Nothing is particularly wowing me, but then I have a lot of stuff already at this point so I'm not as enthused about buying stuff. Plus I'm stretching my budget until the next 'sufficiently worthwhile' gift certificate sale, hopefully one pops up between now and October...

Couple of interesting sales going on over at Renderosity maybe, but nothing that I was particularly interested in on first glance today.

As usual, if you spot some interesting deals, call them out!

• Hey there
Reactions: oaiki and amster22
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote