The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
with code GOODIE4ME the 80% is applied to the first item in the cart, so add the most expensive one first. - Doesn't stack and single use.
Looks like that is targeted, because I don't have the code showing up.
Daz really manages to ... ah, never mind.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Looks like that is targeted, because I don't have the code showing up.
Daz really manages to ... ah, never mind.
:unsure: it is part of the I just checked, it isn't associated with any user.

Scroll down to the eighth offer, between "58% OFF Amazing Artist Items " and "$2.49 Clearance Items "

Reactions: tk99

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
with code GOODIE4ME the 80% is applied to the first item in the cart, so add the most expensive one first. - Doesn't stack and single use.
The discount doesn't stack, and you have to buy two bundles, and the cheapest ones are a around 50$ for me, so I am going to go ahead and give this a "nay" from my side.

But! I just checked and you can just add the freebie starter bundle to fulfil the requirement of two bundles: even if you already have it, just add it again, works fine here.

This way you can get a pro bundle for 80%. Not great, not terrible. It is still a "nay" from me because I know they can go lower, better buy some of those 2.50$ clearance items.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
This way you can get a pro bundle for 80%. Not great, not terrible. It is still a "nay" from me because I know they can go lower, better buy some of those 2.50$ clearance items
I am sure that didn't work when I first tested it ... I just tried again (too late though, already used up):

1659187695805.png

This time I chose a recent Freebie, in the ...

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I am sure that didn't work when I first tested it ... I just tried again (too late though, already used up):

1659187695805.png

This time I chose a recent Freebie, in the ...
Btw. that Fantasy Mega Bundle is waaaay marked up for what it contains, pretty sure I've seen most of items contained in it as freebies or maybe for 2-3$. Just buy what you need from it one by one by waiting for them to show up in clearance/PC-for-a-day sales. It is also quite old at this point.

Reactions: oaiki

Luderos

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2020
View attachment 1954585

Also, the 3D Printing Licenses for FREE* on all Daz Original Items owned before July 12, 2022. Plus, get 3D Printing: for FREE for a limited time! - the license offer expires 2022-09-30, the freebie offer expires 2022-08-06

:unsure: haven't figured out what needs to be done nor how check the licenses I have ... [EDIT] :FacePalm: Doh! dumb and blind, there are check boxes in the cart for licenses ... [/EDIT]
Does anyone know a way to bulk add the 3D printing licenses without having to go through and open and add every item you own individually? I don't even really care about 3D printing, but if they're free at the moment, I hate to not take advantage of that.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Does anyone know a way to bulk add the 3D printing licenses without having to go through and open and add every item you own individually? I don't even really care about 3D printing, but if they're free at the moment, I hate to not take advantage of that.
It is a point of contention on the DAZ forums right now.
Edit: DAZ is working on it

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I created a small automation in chrome with UI.Vision RPA: which wants you to pay them for stuff like looping (I think?) etc. so I just create a single automation for only putting the 3D printing license in my cart. You can create one by clicking "Record" and then just doing the steps to put the 3D license into the cart, the result then looks like this:
3d-printing-automation.PNG

Then I added that automation to the bookmark toolbar, and then I created an ahk script like so:
Code:
#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

~^w::
sleep 1000
mouseclick, left
Now, all I need to do is open all my DAZ Originals in tabs (or at least a whole bunch of them), hover the mouse over the automation entry in the bookmark toolbar, and then each time I press Ctrl-W to close a tab, it will press left mouse a second later, running the automation.

So in effect I can just sit here and repeatedly press Ctrl-W to add all items into my cart one by one. Which to be honest, takes still way too long. It could be automated further by just making the ahk script send Ctrl-W too...

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Offers at daz3D are identical to yesterday (except that some discounts are slightly more interesting).

Noteworthy is a gift card sale. You can get 14% off a GC, or 18% for a GC over $150. 18% is not the best discount, but it is obviously better than 0% and at least there is no buy-in.
Also a 25% discount on daz+ memberships.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
I am not sure if y’all use Daz Deals to track sales and promos, I do and it has both found some good deals and made me spend more with its useful features; particularly, their notification service which I have found more useful than just wish-listing products as I can chose the maximum price I am willing to pay for a product and get notified when it is at that price or below.

Anyway, Daz has dropped them from their affiliate list; consequently they are looking for a different funding model to continue their service ( ). It would be sad to see them go the same way as NOPY did.

Their announcement:

Daz Deals Pro - PLEASE READ!

, Daz reduced the number of their affiliates and Daz Deals was among those cancelled. Consequently, we are adjusting our funding model so that we can keep investing time into the extension and paying for the server and email infrastructure that supports it. We would love your early support!

Grab a membership today and support the future of Daz Deals!

In a couple of days, we will transition to our subscription system, where email notifications (such as this one) will only be available to subscribers.

[EDIT]
Services offered by Daz Deals:
  • wishlist notifications
  • new sales
  • fastrgab items
  • top discounted items of the day
  • new items of the day
  • best prices
  • price history
  • individually set per-item notifications
  • gallery notifications
  • etc.
[/EDIT]

Last edited:

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
I am not sure if y’all use Daz Deals to track sales and promos, I do and it has both found some good deals and made me spend more with its useful features; particularly, their notification service which I have found more useful than just wish-listing products as I can chose the maximum price I am willing to pay for a product and get notified when it is at that price or below.

Anyway, Daz has dropped them from their affiliate list; consequently they are looking for a different funding model to continue their service ( ). It would be sad to see them go the same way as NOPY did.

Their announcement:

Daz Deals Pro - PLEASE READ!

, Daz reduced the number of their affiliates and Daz Deals was among those cancelled. Consequently, we are adjusting our funding model so that we can keep investing time into the extension and paying for the server and email infrastructure that supports it. We would love your early support!

Grab a membership today and support the future of Daz Deals!

In a couple of days, we will transition to our subscription system, where email notifications (such as this one) will only be available to subscribers.

[EDIT]
Services offered by Daz Deals:
  • wishlist notifications
  • new sales
  • fastrgab items
  • top discounted items of the day
  • new items of the day
  • best prices
  • price history
  • individually set per-item notifications
  • gallery notifications
  • etc.
[/EDIT]
I use DazDeals and I want to give them support, but I feel like $60 per year is a bit too steep.

I pay $42 for my annual Daz+ subscription. So their DAZ Deals subscription would cost 40% more than my DAZ+ membership.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
I use DazDeals and I want to give them support, but I feel like $60 per year is a bit too steep.

I pay $42 for my annual Daz+ subscription. So their DAZ Deals subscription would cost 40% more than my DAZ+ membership.
That's a great deal on Daz+; even better than their current sale!
FWIW if you pre-pay a year of DAZ Deals it is $50.

Reactions: Sakrilas

Sakrilas

Just Another Member
Game Developer
Oct 26, 2017
That's a great deal on Daz+; even better than their current sale!
FWIW if you pre-pay a year of DAZ Deals it is $50.
Yeah, so far I've only renewed my DAZ Membership twice, and in both cases I got a pretty nice deal. So I'm kind of expecting to always be able to get some sort of discount before the yearly subscription ends.

A renewal I did in Early June this year ($42):
1659306270143.png

And here's when I first started paying for DAZ Membership in July 2021 ($35):

1659306347379.png

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
What makes me shake my head is that, of all the people that Daz may give affiliate status to, Daz Deals is the one thing that probably generates more sales than any other affiliate. Sure, it's to call out discounts, but most people that I know that shop at Daz3D.com use Daz Deals, because it's very helpful, and end up buying more stuff and spend more money because they know when it's a good deal to buy stuff.

I mean, I get it that the bean counters are having a heyday on the sales team, but I've seen a number of short sighted decisions from the sales team over say the last year or so. Mind you, I am taking advantage of the $1.99 or so deals as that's 'my jam', but I pretty much ignore the rest of the sales. I may be in the minority here, but for years I've been shopping regularly (at least a couple of times a week), that is until recently. NOT putting Daz+ memberships on sale back for say 40% off or more meant that I pretty much ignored March Madness this year, the first year since I started using Daz Studio that I've done that.

I used to buy new bundles, as the bundle deals used to be pretty good, but lately, I just haven't seen the point of what they call bundle sales. The only reason I embraced Genesis 8 at the time was BECAUSE of the awesome bundle deals. I'm still pretty much ignoring Genesis 8.1 because they simply haven't given me a compelling reason to care. Yeah I have a few 8.1's floating around, but only because there was a really good deal on something at the time.

Hopefully the plugin continues to work for me at least, I'm at the point where the last thing I want to pay for is another subscription. And, as I said at the beginning of the post, the Daz Sales team should know better than to pull these shenanigans...
:rolleyes:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
As I was looking for the Daz Deals (Daz3D forum) thread, this caught my eye...

Oh, great, so now we have to pay attention to what stuff is released under Editorial Licenses? Essentially that's a 'personal use only' license which means you can't use said stuff in say Ren'Py games.

Reading the forum thread, it looks like licenses on existing stuff (say that was released before July of 2022) won't change, but going forward PAs are now given the option to release stuff under the Editorial License if they so choose.

So the ONE thing that made me want to pay for stuff (i.e. I can use the assets wherever in my 2D art when I buy/acquire stuff from Daz3D.com), has changed... Yeah other sites have done this for a while, particularly with freebies, but there's a reason I mostly buy assets from Renderosity and Daz3D, at least up until now.

Anyways, my point in bringing this up is to give y'all a heads up as you'll need to pay attention going forward if such things matter to you.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
What makes me shake my head is that, of all the people that Daz may give affiliate status to, Daz Deals is the one thing that probably generates more sales than any other affiliate. Sure, it's to call out discounts, but most people that I know that shop at Daz3D.com use Daz Deals, because it's very helpful, and end up buying more stuff and spend more money because they know when it's a good deal to buy stuff.
What is weird is the emails (which is their current largest cost apparently) are the one thing that DAZ should be encouraging the most anyways. I can see why they might not be thrilled with the on-site Gallery chart (showing how much you are overpaying on something that goes on sale every other week, lol) but...emails that direct you back to the DAZ Store to buy more stuff?

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Oh, great, so now we have to pay attention to what stuff is released under Editorial Licenses? Essentially that's a 'personal use only' license which means you can't use said stuff in say Ren'Py games.
So I've been out of the loop for a couple of years (took a break) so missed the entire Genesis 8.1 upgrade...and one thing I noticed about a lot of them is how much more the PAs seem to be using real world photos/assets to help create the faces, and I guess they have been developing that whole Face Transfer tool as well. I wonder if DAZ is getting worried about celebs/actors litigating or something. I noticed some of the obvious celebrity copies on that new site (RenderHub?) have editorial licenses on them.

Regardless, I'm with you-it is a pain to have to find music/background photos already with appropriate CC Licensing...if I have to check licenses on everything from DAZ that will suck.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So if you didn't jump on the last gift card offer at Daz3D.com (yesterday?)

20% off gift cards over $200.00. No prereqs.

Edit: as pointed out by oaiki , with any new release...

And over at Renderosity,

A few 50% off sales, and up to 60% off Anagord's store (today only). Some of the other 50% off sales also end today.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote