The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
An potentially interesting deal at daz3D. Buy one DO and get one free with coupon BUY1-GET1 .
Of course if both items have a similar price, it corresponds to a 50% discount, which is not very interesting.
But I tried putting a cheap item (~$6) and an expensive one (~$20). And the expensive item turned out to be the free one...
May be worth exploring.

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
but is is worth it?
If you're a DAZ+ member you get an additional 30% on these items, and it stacks with the maximum of 70% off, which ends up being 82% off in your cart.

That's ok, but all of these are DAZ Originals, and sometimes those end up with an even higher discount, though that might require extra steps like buying a newly released bundle or something like that (now often not just one thing but 3+ things) which of course makes it more expensive. The set of items is also often in those "buy one, get one for free" promos (EDIT: actually some of them are already in the buy-one-get-one thing amster22 pointed out) .

That said, hair is almost always worth it imho. At least personally I feel good hair is the most important asset to have if you want to make an attractive figure. I'd even argue it is more important the the figures itself, because two or three good looking figures/skin textures, and a good set of morphs to modify them, is already enough to get a ton of variation. But hair you just need a lot, and you can't really easily make more hair out of a small set of hair.

Also you can use the sale to spend your DAZ+ coupon if you haven't yet. That would bring the price for 4 hairs to around 10-12$ or so. AprilYSH and Propschick would be good PA's in this sale imho, outoftouch too, it's kind of a taste thing though.

That sale will just come up again in no time though, and also with more or less the same set of items. So take it easy, no need to rush.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Normally I'd suggest that people (including myself) hold off on buying a lot of stuff until the annual Daz+ fall sale in October/November, but since they keep throwing us bones in around the $1.99-ish category, I've been buying stuff from that part of the sales recently. There's been some interesting items in those parts of the sales, at least for me.

But yeah, unless there is something you ABSOLUTELY need, the current sales aren't bad, but if you have the Daz Deals plugin installed, as usual pay attention to the 'recent best' price point that's now appearing on the product pages, and of course the 'price point tracker over the last year' graph.

I will note that some Perry Walinga stuff is currently on sale, if say you are looking for a place to fire off your $6 off of $18 coupon. He makes some interesting environments/aircraft/boats/etc. if you've been looking for a change of pace with such things. Like this spa that I just noticed...

pwelgrottospa02daz3d.jpg

I wouldn't recommend such things for systems with tiny amounts of VRAM though. Sure, you can hide a lot of the stuff that's off camera, but that'll only take you so far.

Anyways, if you end up buying three items from PAs in the associated sale, you get a slightly better discount (around 65%-ish, plus whatever stacking discount you may have going on atm). PW stuff in particular rarely gets steep discounts, so this may be 'about as good as any' as far as opportunities may go if you have need of something...

Here's the 'view all artists' link for the part of the sale I'm referring to:

That's my two cents!
:cool:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I've been seeing those, and to be honest these are ridiculous. I kinda like them though, they totally fit the themes I'd like to imagine while browsing the DAZ store. Some soap opera or reality show maybe, where you get to see if Stan and Stacy are gonna make out, and what Lucy will have to say about that. So they're great for that.

There are other ridiculous assets that guy made, like the airport or the city, and just recently he released an entire island!

Even more ridiculous! Also kind of pricy right now.

Every asset that needs to come with a map, might be a little bit too large for poor little DAZ Studio. There is another one I recently saw, a school:

Also comes with a map:

Chonky assets I guess. That renderhub city thing I linked a while back also fits that description.

EDIT: Actually just browsing PW Productions stuff again, its not just "the city" and "the island", its multiple! House boat made out of a cargo ship, VIP Jumbo Jet. The guy loves to go big.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick note. RTX 3090 prices, while still north of $1000, aren't that bad right now. I'm seeing a 3090 for close to what I paid for the 1080 Ti (now a paperweight) that I bought a few years back. Over double the 1080 Ti's VRAM, WAAAAY faster, yeah I'm (finally) getting one shortly.

RTX 3060 prices haven't dropped much more recently, but around $400 for 12GB of VRAM on an Nvidia card continues to be a very good deal. Plus they don't require insane amounts of power and render faster than say dual GTX 1080s...

I was managing to do renders on Airport Island with 'just' 8 GB VRAM cards (some in multiple passes of course), but as I noted, yeah a lot of 'hiding stuff that's not onscreen' was going on when I was doing that. The individual texture maps aren't that big, but the environment has a lot of parts...

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
I was managing to do renders on Airport Island with 'just' 8 GB VRAM cards (some in multiple passes of course0, but as I noted, yeah a lot of 'hiding stuff that's not onscreen' was going on when I was doing that. The individual texture maps aren't that big, but the environment has a lot of parts...
I was just joking in general about PW Productions assets, because they really are gigantic, maybe not actually in VRAM consumption though. As I said, I kinda like them, even though they are kind of weird imho.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Schlongborn
Yeah I picked up on that - the PW assets looking like perfect suited for 'virtual' reality tv show sets thing. You aren't wrong...:p

Mainly I was just pointing out that, as far as VRAM levels go, right now isn't a bad time to grab a 30 series card. Sure, 40 series will be out someday, soon hopefully (I'm hearing crazy long delay rumors right now), but of course then you have to wait on Daz Studio to implement the new architecture on the software end, plus usually such cards are pretty much unobtanium during the first few weeks of launch anyways.

VRAM levels is probably the #1 thing that continues to hold me back when doing renders, which is why 24 GB looks REALLY nice to me right now. Sure, there are shortcuts, but I still hit the 12GB VRAM wall often enough with my RTX 3060 to be an issue, where I end up doing multiple passes, crunching texture map sizes using Scene Optimizer, etc...

When you are looking to render 6+ character orgies in interesting environments, yeah it can be an issue...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Nvidia actually has had 48GB cards for a while now, but those are 'pro' cards that are very expensive...

Yeah, I'm not spending $5-6K for JUST a graphics card! And just think, with NVLink you can buy two of said cards for 96GB of VRAM stackin' goodness. Has NVLink finally been implemented into Daz Studio yet? I haven't been keeping up on that, but the point is, still WAAAAAAAY out of my budget range!

Getting a bit off topic though, my point is that it's nice that GPUs are finally flooding the market again, at or below MSRP...

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
An potentially interesting deal at daz3D. Buy one DO and get one free with coupon BUY1-GET1 .
Of course if both items have a similar price, it corresponds to a 50% discount, which is not very interesting.
But I tried putting a cheap item (~$6) and an expensive one (~$20). And the expensive item turned out to be the free one...
May be worth exploring.
I had the same experience-put in a $4.00 item and a $14 item and my total cost was $4.00-thanks for the tip!

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
One thing this whole Flash Sale experience has taught me is to put anything even remotely interesting in my Wish List. It is tedious to trudge through some of the offerings in the limited time of the Flash Sales, lol, but I can just go straight to my Wish List and see if anything there might qualify first.

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1659166808858.png

with code GOODIE4ME the 80% is applied to the first item in the cart, so add the most expensive one first. - Doesn't stack and single use.

Also, the 3D Printing Licenses for FREE* on all Daz Original Items owned before July 12, 2022. Plus, get 3D Printing: for FREE for a limited time! - the license offer expires 2022-09-30, the freebie offer expires 2022-08-06

:unsure: haven't figured out what needs to be done nor how check the licenses I have ... [EDIT] :FacePalm: Doh! dumb and blind, there are check boxes in the cart for licenses ... [/EDIT]

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote