The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1658223379934.png

[sic] using Code: DAZO4YOU - requires purchase of 2+ over 5.00$

Reactions: ghostship and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick thought.

So, Rhiannon's store is on sale for 50% off, 60% off for items over a year old for Prime members. 60% off is a decent deal, and it looks like your monthly coupon might stack with some of the items (not all unfortunately).

What is notable is that it's a 'Get Well Soon Rhiannon!' sale. I'm not a Facebook member so I don't know if the illness thing was mentioned on her social, and I didn't see any specific mentions in the Renderoslty forum. While most of us will hope that Rhiannon does get well soon, myself included, if it's something like the dreaded 'C' word, or a more severe version of the other 'C' word...

When vendors accounts are closed, often the assets are lost forever (unless some sharing site grabbed them beforehand). And the fact that Jenn Blake specifically called this out, well it's probably not just a common cold/minor illness situation.

My point is that if there's something that you've been wanting from Rhiannon and have been putting off, well at the very least I'm sure a bit of extra cash going Rhiannon's way would probably be helpful.

Rhiannon makes some pretty cool stuff, so if such things interest you, her store is probably worth a(nother) looksee!

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
[sic] using Code: DAZO4YOU - requires purchase of 2+ over 5.00$
Btw. this was a very bad deal yesterday, but it improved today because when you buy these new releases you can also get the clearance items that cost 2.99$ for 1.99$ (the clearance items yesterday require 2 new releases >5$ to go for 1.99$, the ones from today only one).

And I guess by holding of buying anything today, if they do a similar deal tomorrow you can pick from the last 3 days of clearance items, and if you end up buying above 10, then you can add two DAZ+ new releases above 5$ and get them for almost free (and of course the additional freebie you get with the DAZO4YOU code).

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Btw. this was a very bad deal yesterday, but it improved today because when you buy these new releases you can also get the clearance items that cost 2.99$ for 1.99$ (the clearance items yesterday require 2 new releases >5$ to go for 1.99$, the ones from today only one).

And I guess by holding of buying anything today, if they do a similar deal tomorrow you can pick from the last 3 days of clearance items, and if you end up buying above 10, then you can add two DAZ+ new releases above 5$ and get them for almost free (and of course the additional freebie you get with the DAZO4YOU code).
One minor annoyance about these is, if the monthly coupons are allowed, that $1.99/$2.99 break point means that you are a couple of pennies short of the $6 break point. In today's sale though, there aren't any DOs in that category so it's a moot point. The $6 off of $18 can work if the new item pushes you over $18 maybe, except that the coupon won't work with these in my testing (see below)...

While I'm here testing the feasability of using the $6 off of $18 coupon, I should call this item out:

As apartments go, it's rather unique, if you are looking for some new digs that might be a bit more HDRI/Camera friendly maybe. It's definitely leaning into the Modern angle, and is worth a looksee. For $2.99, or $1.99 with the new item prereq, it doesn't look like a bad deal to me.

Leave it to Pretty3D to distract me for a sec... I have plenty of bikes already (more of a fan of sport bike styling though), but yeah, had to look anyways...

RoadEaglePretty3D.jpg

If you need another Harley-ish bike though, and want to support Pretty3D's efforts to bring us stuff for hot babes, it's in the $2.99/$1.99 sale:

While it would seem that Daz's strategy might be to force us to buy two cheaper new items to get over the $5 in new items threshold is a thing, BUT... Note the large number of $4.88 items (so not quite $5)... also, the coupon doesn't seem to work on these anyways, and putting two new items that cost less than $5 didn't trigger the $1.99, so apparently the price of EACH/THE new item needs to be over $5 in the first place, at least at the time of this post...

Trying to find a cheaper (but over $5) item was more of a chore than the rest of the sale was. There were a few breakout items, but of course they are cheaper in their associated bundles so that goes 'against the grain' for me as far as Daz3D.com sales go...

On another note, the bean counters continue to be alive and well. 63% off for select vendors? Again, 63% is rather specific... still, 63% off is better than 60% off so there's that I guess. Say if you are looking for a place to burn those monthly coupons before the month ends...

Anyways, yeah, back to cart jenga!

Reactions: amster22 and oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
As apartments go, it's rather unique
A small gripe I have with all (so far) living quarters that have bathrooms is that there is never a bidet. How will my characters ever be able to wash their knickers?

Trying to find a cheaper (but over $5) item was more of a chore
Yes! specially since the have started to make Outfits into bundles of their component parts ...

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A small gripe I have with all (so far) living quarters that have bathrooms is that there is never a bidet. How will my characters ever be able to wash their knickers?

guy91600 has you covered! It's even a freebie!

Might not match your toilet though, maybe you could port over the associated textures or use shaders or something...

There's a free set of (four) poses for G8F too!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: oaiki

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
guy91600 has you covered! It's even a freebie!

Might not match your toilet though, maybe you could port over the associated textures or use shaders or something...

There's a free set of (four) poses for G8F too!

Yay! fresh sented undies all round

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1658402650048.png

cheapest "other purchase" I found in the store was $0.68 ... if you want it, that's an extra $3.50 off for $0.68 (I'm loving this spreadsheet thingy)

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a couple of quick notes:

Over at Renderosity, Hamelon is doing the selected eight items BOGO and 50% off thing. Looks like a number of items are coupon eligible if you haven't fired off your monthly Prime coupon yet.

---

Over at Daz3D.com this group of items is $2.79, or $1.99 if you buy five or more. No new item prereq at least.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018

Over at Renderosity, Hamelon is doing the selected eight items BOGO and 50% off thing. Looks like a number of items are coupon eligible if you haven't fired off your monthly Prime coupon yet.

---

Over at Daz3D.com this group of items is $2.79, or $1.99 if you buy five or more. No new item prereq at least.

The clearance items today are surprisingly useful (to me)-I actually got to five with no problem. And with my streak discount (whatever that whole weird promotion is) and + they are down to 1.83 each.

Also picked up gcjellyfish's nifty Dirty Dishes on sale.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I'm confused about what the gcjellyfish Dirty Dishes are... is it a product for sale somewhere, and if so where?

I checked gcjellyfish 's profile really quick, but didn't see anything.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018

Hamelon is an interesting PA-I own one of their clothes sets, and it is quite well done. Also, they have a couple of hair sets that are not only a lot cheaper than most of the DAZ store stuff, but also come with just a ton of customizability, colors, and morphs, which is irritating when you buy a more expensive set and they are really limited. I have one DAZ ponytail I can't even figure out how to get the ponytail to move from the front to the back (I'm guessing it just isn't designed for it).

The other thing about Hamelon is how stylized their characters are in all their promotional stuff. Not really anime, not really realistic...kind of their own deal. They sell the characters as well, but not sure how they would fit into a standard Daz scene (or even a toon Daz scene.)

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hamelon is an interesting PA-I own one of their clothes sets, and it is quite well done. Also, they have a couple of hair sets that are not only a lot cheaper than most of the DAZ store stuff, but also come with just a ton of customizability, colors, and morphs, which is irritating when you buy a more expensive set and they are really limited. I have one DAZ ponytail I can't even figure out how to get the ponytail to move from the front to the back (I'm guessing it just isn't designed for it).

The other thing about Hamelon is how stylized their characters are in all their promotional stuff. Not really anime, not really realistic...kind of their own deal. They sell the characters as well, but not sure how they would fit into a standard Daz scene (or even a toon Daz scene.)
And, as I've mentioned before, Hamelon is a fan of camel toe...

easyjeansshortcameloe_Hamelon.JPG

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1658518460384.png

Hair today ... kind of loose definition of hair ... the deal includes some bundles (like ) and others so may be more exciting than it first appears ...

Reactions: FranceToast
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote