The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Unfortunately I goofed and didn't grab those other items this morning. It was just two pose packs and a texture pack, which would be 'normal' freebies as they were older items, but apparently they pulled the ENTIRE selection of the earlier freebies?

There's a cool sci fi shaft thingie for Daz+ members though, make sure to grab that freebie if you are Daz+!

This is actually the old 'par for the course' with Daz sales. It's sloppy, but we used to have these kind of mistakes rather often a couple of years back. This is why I tell people to check the store just after Daz Midnight if they can, when the new sale is posted, and if you see something that looks like a really good deal, try to move on it if you can. Many a screamin' deal have been pulled in the wee hours of the morning over in Daz land.

I should have taken my own advice on the three freebies, but they were pretty minor so I don't feel all that bad about it. The replacement items, I actually own all of them already, so no 'new' weekly normal freebies for me this week I guess...

But then that's what this thread is for. To try to give fellow F95Zoners a chance to grab particularly screamin' deals before they are gone, giving each other as much of a heads up as we can.

Keep up the good work guys!
;)

I've been scripting and rendering for sixteen hours straight. I made excellent progress on one of my projects today... My eyes look like this though:
o_O

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At daz3D a week end of DO sales. Nothing mindblowing IMHO, but:
  • you can get a pro/starter bundle at 80% off. Other discounts can stack so if you are daz+, it is at least 86% off (<$20 for a pro bundle, which not bad for the Tafi pricing). Requires coupon 80SAVINGS
  • clearance items at $2.99/1.99daz+ Mostly a rehash of previous clearance items, but there are ~500 items concerned.
  • daz+ items with an extra 57% (not bad, but most of them whill be much more heavily discounted in a month).
At renderosity, Hameleon store is at 70% off (only today).

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a quick note:

The storewide sale over at Daz3D.com has been extended.

I missed the $1.99 sale ($2.99 if not Daz+) part before. There are over 1600 items in the selection (minus what you already have purchased/acquired of course!), so it might be worth a look-see. I've seen at least one item that the Daz Deals plugin is saying hasn't been below $3.49 until this weekend over the last year. Other items have been around $1.99 before within the last year, it can't hurt to give the selection a fresh look.

Edit: One other note. There are a few bundles in the $1.99 selection currently. Dunno if they will stay or not, but I suggest sorting by % off (if you have the Daz Deals plugin). A couple of the bundle deals are in the 95-98% off range...

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Just a quick note:

I missed the $1.99 sale ($2.99 if not Daz+) part before. There are over 1600 items in the selection (minus what you already have purchased/acquired of course!), so it might be worth a look-see. I've seen at least one item that the Daz Deals plugin is saying hasn't been below $3.49 until this weekend over the last year. Other items have been around $1.99 before within the last year, it can't hurt to give the selection a fresh look.

Edit: One other note. There are a few bundles in the $1.99 selection currently. Dunno if they will stay or not, but I suggest sorting by % off (if you have the Daz Deals plugin). A couple of the bundle deals are in the 95-98% off range...
the with coupon FINALDAY80 is also quite good ... and there is a with coupon DAZORIGINAL78, these two have to be in the cart at the same time as the coupon is usable only once

forgot the exciting picture ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
there is a with coupon DAZORIGINAL78, these two have to be in the cart at the same time as the coupon is usable only once
This is pretty wild, because (a) it stacks with existing discounts, and there's stuff in that list already discounted from 60-80%, and (b) I don't see it anywhere on the site; I wondered if maybe it was an orange banner deal that didn't apply to me, but here's my test to see if it works (this also includes a 10% stacking bonus).

(Note to OhWee, this works out to less than $1 per item, but of course it includes items you don't want/need.)

1661779595150.png

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Just a quick note:

Yeah! They not only extended the sale but seem to have added half a dozen of my wish list items on the $1.99 list!

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
it was in an orange banner; but it didn't have the usual 'applies only for intended recipient' caveat, so I thought it worth a try letting y'all know
I might have been too late for this one, I tried and it didn't work, also I don't have the banner. The link does not seem to contain the two bundles for some reason, so I tried some of the others, but I always get coupon is invalid. Manually adding the two bundles didn't work either, but they are having a deal going on where you only have to pay for the items you don't have. So that plus the stacking discount I have makes them >85% off still.

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1661876217234.png

use the coupon SMILE to get 70% off two items from the list or if you buy a over $10.00 you can get 4 ...

9890 itmes ... including lots of redheads ...

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
use the coupon SMILE to get 70% off two items from the list or if you buy a over $10.00 you can get 4 ...
Note that the coupon can be used twice, so you can get four items without buying anything else (or you can get more if you buy one or two new releases, but as always, the cost of buying those without a big discount undermines the savings from this deal).

The deal stacks, but nothing in the list is on sale. But since they're all Daz Originals, if you're in Daz+, they are all 30% off from that. With a 8-12% streaking discount and Daz+, it works out to 79-82% off. Unfortunately, I don't have anything on my wishlist in those 10,000 items, but here's some dummy items I used to test:

1661878147388.png

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1661901097813.png

another single use coupon based deal 65% off 3 (5 for Daz+) with the magic word: LUV2SAVE ... may not be as exciting as the blurb

Stacks with Daz+ and Streaking discount ... with the full wack, this takes the deal to 79% ...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, just a quick note about today's sale and Bone Minion. I've been using a free G8 morph that automatically adjusts G3 poses to G8, and a free script that automatically adjusts G8 poses (after they are applied to a G3 figure) to G3. So, at least in this instance, I must be missing something, why pay money for something you can do using an (actually) free asset?

I bring this up because apparently buying a debut new release allows you to get 80% off in another category, plus a freebie if you spend over $5 in a single transaction. If Bone Minion was looking appealing to you, that might be a waste of otherwise good money. Or I must be missing something. Maybe the 'apply to animation poses' angle might make it almost worth it?

Anyways, here's guy91600's free script to convert a G8 pose to a G3. It shows a G3F in the promo pic, but it seems to work just fine on male poses too:

or (if you perfer Renderosity)

Here's the 'morph' that adjusts G3 poses to G8. I haven't tried this with animations, but since it's a morph/parameters slider, it might work for the entire animation maybe:

Anyways, just wanted to bring this up. The Bone Minion products might be more helpful when pulling older generation poses forward though, but as far as G3 to G8 and vice versa, yeah the free products may be all you need. Of course, if you were considering the Bone Minion bundle, well that's a lot of money to meet the 'over $5 to get a freebie' requirement. I'd wait for a better deal on the Bone Minion bundle if it interests you for some reason, and make do with the freebies in the meantime, but that's just me.

Note that there's also this converter, but this seems to convert the poses themselves, dropping them into a new folder. Poses are pretty tiny size wise, so hard drive space wise this doesn't seem like a deal breaker to me, but of course you'll need to go through the process of using it. I haven't tried it yet, others can comment on how well it works.

I did see some paid converters that help with props as well as poses, not sure if Bone Minion does props, hmmm. Reading the text of one of the Bone Minion products, it says that the prop angle may be adjusted, but that you may still need to translate the x/y/z after the prop is adjusted.

Anyways, just wanted to bring this up in case you were looking to get one of the two 'free with over $5 purchase' items along with one of the 80% items that requires a debut new release. Not sure if it's worth it, might be to some I guess, hopefully this helps!

If you just want the 'free with over $5 purchase' stuff, there are probably other ways to get there of course!

Carry on!

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
There's a few noteworthy deals on today:

Choose one free item with any purchase of $5 or more. Choice of three items.. Presumably you can get multiple with multiple $5 purchases. (Don't forget you need one $10 purchase to extend your streaking discount, if you care about that.)

Debut new releases are 40% off instead of 30%, and 50% for 2, which I think is unusual, although honestly I almost never buy new releases so I might be forgetting. Especially interesting if you want one of the deals that require buying a new release (which I also avoid like the plague).

IMHO this one isn't worth it, but I figured I'd help people figure it out more quickly for themselves...

There's a :
1662054441158.png
The Daz+ 30% discount stacks on top of this, then there's an orange banner for me that gives me an extra 10% on this specific deal, plus I have a 10% streak discount, which means it works out to 77% off¹, or $30.61 for any Genesis 8 pro bundle if you buy 2 or more. 75% without the orange banner.

That might sound like a good deal, but we just saw an 80%-off a pro bundle coupon earlier this week, and check out these "recent best" prices showing how cheap a random set of pro bundles have ever been (without coupons or other requirements) in the last year according to the DazDeals plugin:

1662055296069.png

So IMHO for most bundles this isn't a great deal, and you probably should wait for a better deal unless you're impatient.

¹ Daz math:
60% off = 40% of the list price = 0.4 multiplier
10% orange banner = 0.9
30% Daz+ discount = 0.7
10% streak = 0.9
0.4×0.9×0.7×0.9 = 0.227 or 77% off.

Without the orange banner, it's 0.4×0.7×0.9 = 0.252 or 75% off.

Last edited:

glassware

Oct 6, 2020
OK, just a quick note about today's sale and Bone Minion. I've been using a free G8 morph that automatically adjusts G3 poses to G8, and a free script that automatically adjusts G8 poses (after they are applied to a G3 figure) to G3. So, at least in this instance, I must be missing something, why pay money for something you can do using an (actually) free asset?

I bring this up because apparently buying a debut new release allows you to get 80% off in another category, plus a freebie if you spend over $5 in a single transaction. If Bone Minion was looking appealing to you, that might be a waste of otherwise good money. Or I must be missing something. Maybe the 'apply to animation poses' angle might make it almost worth it?
Yeah, I do something similar, but I think the reasoning is simple:

There are like a dozen Bone Minion products for all the possible conversions of G8/3/2/V4, and I think the idea is that G8<=>G3 isn't really necessary, but I assume Bone Minion is valuable for all the other combinations, and G8=>G3 and G3=>G8 Bone Minion just exist for completeness sake.

Personally I don't have a meaningful number of products other than Gen3 and Gen8, so it's not interesting for me, but that doesn't mean it's worthless for everyone.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Bone minion indeed is useless for gx<->g8. As OhWee noted there are many free converters or other ways to adapt them. I generally use the "world greastest converter" by AgentUnaware for g3->g8 or a bonus converter that was in a V3Digitimes product if partial poses are concerned, and the offline converter for older poses.
But bone minion is AFAIK the only product that allows to use V4 poses conveniently. There was a freebie by RichardAndStacy but required to clutter the scene with an additional V4 char and was painful to use. I bought the v4->g8 minion and it works really well. There are many cheap or free V4M4 poses and it is a good way to use them.

Besides that today deal could be interesting, but the store is too broken. You can get 60%+45%+a potential streaking discount on g1-V4 assets which makes ~80% or more for DO items. The main problem is that many V4 assets are not properly registered in the store DB and do not get this discount. This happens for all the textures (that are only associated to an asset (in the best situation) not a family and the web dev was too lazy to compute the closure) and a good part of the clothing. I found a couple of things to reach $5 and get the free asset, but that's all.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
I haven't tried it, but I think (thought) the advantage Bone Minion was bringing to the table was no converting needed at all?
As in, with it installed you just use any pose on any figure and Bone Minion automatically makes it work in the background...somehow?

Otherwise it would be just like their other products which do the same thing (or, as noted, various other products including that excellent free one OhWee mentioned)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote