The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Renderosity is a bit underwhelming recently, but a 15%off coupon has been posted COMMNEWSSEP2022P15B5
Single use. Valid till october 1st. Should work for everybody.
And if you are prime, the september 20% coupon is PRIME2022SEPTP20B5
I get their mission is different from DAZ, but it would be nice to have more filters to avoid the Poser/LaFemme stuff. No idea why their "Recommended for YOU" is always LaFemme stuff, I've never even clicked on any of it, lol.

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
Reactions: ghostship

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Hello, I have something I don't quite understand.

I have downloaded a couple of environments (https://f95zone.to/threads/fitness-club-bundle.8386/ and https://f95zone.to/threads/modern-house-2-bundle.38578/), and I have installed them both through their IM-files and the install manager. Where does it show up in Daz? I have searched my Smart Library and Content Library and I cannot find either of them anywhere.

Sorry if this is not the right thread :(
How did you install them? Through DIM?
I don't use Smart Content, just Content Library
I just downloaded the Fitness Club Lockeroom to check
Should be under My DAZ 3D Library/Environments/Architecture/Polish/Fitness Club Locker room

Reactions: ghostship and oaiki

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
How did you install them? Through DIM?
I don't use Smart Content, just Content Library, and those should show up under My DAZ 3D Library/Environments/Architecture/petipet maybe?
For whatever reason, I tabbed out to ask this question, and when I tabbed back in 10 min later, there they all were. Very odd. Is there usually some sort of delay?

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
For whatever reason, I tabbed out to ask this question, and when I tabbed back in 10 min later, there they all were. Very odd. Is there usually some sort of delay?
Sometimes you do have to manually refresh the Library to get stuff to show-but also, DAZ is still just flakey, lol.

Reactions: ghostship and oaiki

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
Sometimes you do have to manually refresh the Library to get stuff to show-but also, DAZ is still just flakey, lol.
Yeah I did that multiple times, also restarted Daz, but who knows? :ROFLMAO:

I do have another questions that might be more thread-related... What are some good, low-intensity environments with lighting for just posing models? Like a modeling set or something.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah I did that multiple times, also restarted Daz, but who knows? :ROFLMAO:

I do have another questions that might be more thread-related... What are some good, low-intensity environments with lighting for just posing models? Like a modeling set or something.
I suggest you start to explore the wonderful world of HDRIs...

Those ones are free (feel free to donate to the Poly Haven site though if you like to do such things), there are a bunch of others available through Daz3D.com, etc.. Of course, I recommend waiting for them to go on sale...

The nice thing about HDRIs is that they are low overhead, and provide both a suitable background and decent lighting. I use them often!

And yes, there are HDRIs of modeling sets, as well as a few actual modeling set assets. The advantage of an actual modeling set is that you can move the lights around yourself, but if 'good enough' lighting is all you need:

Another HDR set I get a lot of mileage out of, although it's a paid asset:

I'd wait for it to go on sale of course! Here's one of the HDRIs in this set that I've used a few times when showing off suggested lookalike models from various games, etc., like I did here:

That's my stab at recreating Bruce's Timm's (animated series) take on Mercy in a more realistic context. The background is actually a photoshop gradient that I added in post work I set the dome visibility to off , so that the ground shadow and HDRI lighting on the models would still show up, but not the actual HDRI background.

They can also be quite useful when you need some sort of outdoor environment outside of a window of your set or something. Like I did here:

319_Enthralled_OhWee.jpg

Note that the cityscape being reflected by the mirrors on the wall is an HDRI from this set:

This particular HDRI set has a couple of companion sets that cover various parts of the day (night shown above, there's also day, overcast and sunset), with the same camera angles for each HDRI, just a different time of day. They are paid assets of course!

Anyways, yeah HDRIs are fast and easy, and can be addicting... it's good to learn how to light normally as well, but if you just need a few 'quick and dirty' renders that look nice...

Carry on!
:sneaky:

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018

Note that the cityscape being reflected by the mirrors on the wall is an HDRI from this set:

This particular HDRI set has a couple of companion sets that cover various parts of the day (night shown above, there's also morning, day, and sunset), with the same camera angles for each HDRI, just a different time of day. They are paid assets of course!

Anyways, yeah HDRIs are fast and easy, and can be addicting... it's good to learn how to light normally as well, but if you just need a few 'quick and dirty' renders that look nice...

Carry on!
Hey, I just got the Overcast version of that series for $1.99 last week! Haven’t even downloaded it yet, but now I hope that night version goes on sale, it looks great in your render!

Reactions: ghostship and OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Hey, I just got the Overcast version of that series for $1.99 last week! Haven’t even downloaded it yet, but now I hope that night version goes on sale, it looks great in your render!
That particular HDRI, well towards the tail end of that collection (say in the 40s) there are several 'above ground level' HDRIs that can work particularly well in this context (i.e. an apartment that's not on the ground floor). I also have a couple of point lights inside of the light fixtures, and a bit of camera headlamp going on (just barely, say .05 or .10) to help the skin pop. There's also a distant light that I use in one of the next renders in this sequence, with the associated morning HDRI from this set. Thankfully, the 50 HDRIs are the same camera angles, so #41 in the morning set shows the same perspective as #41 in the overcast, day, or night set. Anyways, check out Part 4 of Enthralled for the morning shots, as well as evening balcony shots.

Anyways, yeah just another example of creative use of HDRIs!

Last edited:

doku99

Mar 21, 2018

Those ones are free (feel free to donate to the Poly Haven site though if you like to do such things), there are a bunch of others available through Daz3D.com, etc.. Of course, I recommend waiting for them to go on sale...

The nice thing about HDRIs is that they are low overhead, and provide both a suitable background and decent lighting. I use them often!

And yes, there are HDRIs of modeling sets, as well as a few actual modeling set assets. The advantage of an actual modeling set is that you can move the lights around yourself, but if 'good enough' lighting is all you need:

Another HDR set I get a lot of mileage out of, although it's a paid asset:

I'd wait for it to go on sale of course! Here's one of the HDRIs in this set that I've used a few times when showing off suggested lookalike models from various games, etc., like I did here:

That's my stab at recreating Bruce's Timm's (animated series) take on Mercy in a more realistic context. The background is actually a photoshop gradient that I added in post work I set the dome visibility to off , so that the ground shadow and HDRI lighting on the models would still show up, but not the actual HDRI background.

They can also be quite useful when you need some sort of outdoor environment outside of a window of your set or something. Like I did here:

View attachment 2019645

This particular HDRI set has a couple of companion sets that cover various parts of the day (night shown above, there's also day, overcast and sunset), with the same camera angles for each HDRI, just a different time of day. They are paid assets of course!

Carry on!
Fantastic answer, thanks!

Reactions: ghostship and OhWee

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1662108664863.png

- Get Your Mystery Grab Bag today for $29.95!*
Massive savings on 10 never-before-seen Items valued at over $200! - [Their words]

* Items will be added to your Daz 3D Library on Sept. 5. Cannot be used to discount items already owned. - [I like the bit about not discounting previously owned never before seen assets :LOL: ]

So we pay now and get later, sight unseen :unsure:
  • 1 Pose (Wyrm)
  • 2 Shaders
  • 2 Outfits
  • 2 Characters
  • 1 Environment
  • 1 Vehicle (Maritime)
  • 2 Animals (Wyrm and Baboon)
7 10 items - two of the artists I am a fan of, are Mousso and AM
The products links on the just give you a big OOPS!
... it would spoil the mystery otherwise

[EDIT] My arithmetic really sucks even when I am given the answer[/EDIT]

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1662205886490.png

couldn't find anything more exciting than that, well maybe the (will we need the Interactive license too?) but that is way out of budget ...

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
I just don't get DAZ marketing...this says 50% off, 60% off if you buy two or more!
But every single item shown here is 65% off?
I thought maybe it was 50% off the 65% sale price, but no such luck lol.

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
I just don't get DAZ marketing...this says 50% off, 60% off if you buy two or more!
But every single item shown here is 65% off?
Probably 50% plus 30% off the remaining as you are daz+ (ie 0.3*0.5=0.15=15% off), that gives the 65% off.
If you buy two or more, it will 60% off plus the daz+ discount: 30% off the remaining 40%, and the total discount should be 72% off.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Probably 50% plus 30% off the remaining as you are daz+ (ie 0.3*0.5=0.15=15% off), that gives the 65% off.
If you buy two or more, it will 60% off plus the daz+ discount: 30% off the remaining 40%, and the total discount should be 72% off.
LOL ok that makes total sense, thanks!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: oaiki and OhWee

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Renderosity has some kind of 3 hours flash sale with three stores at 60%
Presently it is Lexakinness, DieggoMasamune and Greenpots, but it will change. This kind of sale is probably planified during all the weekend.
Nothing mindblowing, but who knows...

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
1662286208921.png

a spend of $10.00 gets you one of these luscious items (...are there any products in the store at a whole dollar?)

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Today at daz3D, with the purchase of 2 debut or still new releases, you can get 3x$5 off some DO items. I am generally a bit wary about this kind of offer, but this one seems rather good as the concerned items are already discounted 55-68% off. I would probably not purchase any of them for $5, but $3 would be a good price. It means that it takes $9 off the two new releases and it can be a good deal (provided you find two interesting items).
Also, it qualifies you for a free item, and if you are interested by core characters, you can get 75% off some of them.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote