The Daz Studio and Related Product Deals Thread (Daz3D, Renderosity, Renderotica, etc.)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick note. As usual, a few sales going on over at Renderotica. One of them ends today, and there are a couple as high as 50% off:

For the Bubbles fans...

BubblesSalePromo.jpg

Once you've gone Amphibian... yeah I got nuttin!

$10.50 at 30% off is kind of a 'meh' deal for a pose pack, but them's the breaks. We like pictures around here though, so yeah!

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
A new flash sale at renderosity. 3h ends at 13:00 cdt
Lilflame store at 60% off
3DSublime & 3DLoki at 70% off

EDIT: The other stores are OK, but Lilflame store does not seem to get any discount :( Let's hope it will be fixed ASAP.

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Does Renderosity ever sell Gift Cards at a discount?
Have to say that a discount Gift Card really encourages me to spend money, lol.
They don't.
But the average outfit is at $10-12, while it is at $16-20 at daz. This makes a ~30% reduction that compensate the lack of GC discount. And you can get reduction coupons. And the outfits are much much sexier at rendo ;).
Besides that, except some artists, the other assets (environments, chars, etc) have a price similar to daz and are of a slightly lower quality IMHO.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
They don't.
But the average outfit is at $10-12, while it is at $16-20 at daz. This makes a ~30% reduction that compensate the lack of GC discount. And you can get reduction coupons. And the outfits are much much sexier at rendo ;).
Besides that, except some artists, the other assets (environments, chars, etc) have a price similar to daz and are of a slightly lower quality IMHO.
Don't forget the 'cash back' points! They aren't much, but every little bit helps!

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
Does Renderosity ever sell Gift Cards at a discount?
Never seen that. But you do get "rewards" for every dollar spent. 5 points for non-prime members, 7 points for prime members. You can spend the points on gift cards, so a thousand of them equal 10$

That said I kind off disagree that rendo is cheaper. DAZ actually raised their prices, but still occasionally have better sales then rendo. For example those sales where items go for 1.99$ or 2.99$ that they have with a huge selection are pretty hard to beat. Also you guys just got pro bundles for 7-8$, it is those sales where DAZ really makes up for all the other non-sense they are pulling.

Rendo is more predictable, but imho has pulled some of the same strings as the DAZ store recently, plus refunding and getting support in general is more of a hassle on rendo, still like them though cause they have some good stuff other there as well.

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Christophe, Lully and dzheng on sale 16-19pm CDT

(Christophe3D is powerage on Renderotica, and is having a 25% off sale there as well
)

1662328774203.png

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Rhiannon

StudioArtVartanian

and RPublishing are tonights 3 hour sale PAs

1662341399672.png

Reactions: oaiki and ghostship

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
At rendo several interesting sales:
  • 60% off several items (only today)
  • 70% off select items (ends Tuesday)
  • 50%/60%prime off school related items (till Thursday)
  • last but not least: as yesterday Lilflame 60% off flash sale was broken, there is a 3-hours catch-up today 19:00-22:00 cdt

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
View attachment 2026083

So there are a couple of new items below $5 in today's Debut/Still new sale categories, mostly Greek warrior outfit related, which will qualify you for the $5 off of each of 3 categories, which might push you over the $10 threshold for the freebie. Some of the items in the categories are below $5 (other discounts are also in play), but I'd imagine that people will be going over $5 in each category to fully utilize the $5. And since no coupon is required for these, this might be an opportunity to fire off one of your Daz+ coupons.

I'm kind of annoyed that the rest of the lion warrior outfit isn't in Debut/Still New breakout items (the new bundle is only 30% off, and isn't a debut new as of yet), so if you want that full outfit, you may have to wait for a good deal on that entire bundle, as the torso armor pieces aren't listed separately as an item currently. I THINK that all of the pieces in the Ares warrior outfit are available as (five different) breakout items, but again the bundle isn't part of debut/still new (so only 30% off). You'd probably only want a couple of breakout items anyways if you were trying to hit the minumum requirements, but if you wanted the full outfit later, or maybe were considering double dipping today (i.e. multiple carts)...

In any case, as with the previous weekend sale, this deal may be appealing to some here.

The Renderosity sale that amster22 mentioned is also rather interesting, as far as Renderosity sales go.

One other note. Keep in mind that the fall Daz+ sale is about a month away (assuming they keep with their usual timetable), so do check the Daz Deals graph to see if an item has hit the $1.99 or below mark a few times before, as it might be picked again as one of the 'Daz+ for a day' items in that sale. Unless they decide to change things up this year, but since we had Daz+ for a day again back in June, I would think that they will remain 'true to form'. No guarantees though of course!

One other note. 20% off a Daz+ annual membership is better than nothing, but it's not that good of a deal. I think that 40% off is the recent norm that was established back in June, so I'd probably hold out for a better deal if you are wanting to renew your Daz+ membership soon. Last August (2021) there was a 50% off deal, and during the Daz+ October sale there was a brief window that was also around 49.5% off (with prereqs if I'm remember correctly), but 40% off is the best deal I've seen since the first of this year.

In short, other than this $5 off of each category nonsense, unless there's something in the PA sale that doesn't go on sale that often that you need, and aren't seeing a better deal in the Daz Deals graph for said item, yeah the PA sale isn't the best sale of the year IMHO if you are really trying to stretch your Daz dollars. That would be the Daz+ October sale next month, IF you are a Daz+ member around that time. Assuming that they stay 'true to form' with the sale that is.

Food for thought!
:whistle:

Last edited:

Schlongborn

May 4, 2019
They actually are selling interactive licenses for 5$ again. This may be a good time to buy some for your bundles (cause then they apply to all items in the bundle). As I said last time, 5$ used to be the "standard good sale" for interactive licenses, the lowest I've ever seen them at is 3$.

Reactions: oaiki

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
They actually are selling interactive licenses for 5$ again. This may be a good time to buy some for your bundles (cause then they apply to all items in the bundle). As I said last time, 5$ used to be the "standard good sale" for interactive licenses, the lowest I've ever seen them at is 3$.
So, I just want to make sure people are clear on this. Any 2D renders that you create using Daz Studio and products purchased/acquired under the 'standard license', i.e. that EULA thing you agreed to when you downloaded Daz Studio, you can use and resell anywhere. What the interactive license is for is if you export the actual mesh from Daz studio to use in a commercial product (say Unreal Engine).

Here's Jay's video on the subject:

Note that there is now an Editorial License that has been introduced, that doesn't allow for commercial use, as of July 2022. Almost all products are still under the standard license, but of course keep an eye on the licensing terms as you put new releases in your cart, just in case...

Also, products from other sites, most notably freebies, may have different licensing terms, so become familiar with each site's licensing structure.

I bring this up in case there are a few of you out there thinking that you need an interactive license for images that you use in say a Ren'Py game.

So short form, if you are using 2D renders (including animated ones) in your game, the Standard License should have you covered as far as Daz3D.com products and assets. That's how it's worked for years, and that part of the Daz Studio licensing hasn't really changed. No sense paying for an interactive license if your usage case doesn't require it.

Also, as Jay noted, if you are exporting stuff to say Blender to create 2D renders there, as long as YOU are the one doing the rendering (i.e. you aren't handing off meshes to other people), you should still be covered under the standard license.

But if you try to sell the meshes themselves (directly or indirectly) yeah that's a totally different thing. This would also apply to modifying products for resale on Renderosity, etc., again see Jay's video. And, if you are exporting the models themselves to use in game engines, etc. again that's a completely different thing, and where the interactive license comes into play.

Apologies for beating the dead horse here, but I'm guessing that the majority of people here are just using Daz Studio to generate 2D renders (still and animated).

We already had a discussion about the 3D printed license thing recently. AFAIK those aren't on sale atm.

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
At rendo several interesting sales:
  • 60% off several items (only today)
  • 70% off select items (ends Tuesday)
  • 50%/60%prime off school related items (till Thursday)
  • last but not least: as yesterday Lilflame 60% off flash sale was broken, there is a 3-hours catch-up today 19:00-22:00 cdt
May have to pick up that scuba set finally!
1662391502632.png

Last edited:

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
View attachment 2026083

One nice thing about the FG environments, you get a shitload of props to use in other projects!
One other thing about the FG environments, they seem to be from the 1970s, lol. Typewriters! And this set looks like it has a *different* typewriter than the one in their FG Detective Room.
Dude is out here 3D modeling typewriters from every era.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
One nice thing about the FG environments, you get a shitload of props to use in other projects!
One other thing about the FG environments, they seem to be from the 1970s, lol. Typewriters! And this set looks like it has a *different* typewriter than the one in their FG Detective Room.
Dude is out here 3D modeling typewriters from every era.
Has he modeled the 'old die-hard' IBM Selectric yet?

Those things used to be everywhere back in the day (1960s-1980s)!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
It's not fugazi, and also not the IBM Selectric, but you can get the C64 and others:

The middle computer in V2 looks a bit like a selectric, minus the typeball of course. Might do in a pinch!

There's a 1960s model on Sketchup. You'll need an account though to download it apparently:

Looks like there are also a few other models available:

In any case, if you need one of the IBM Selectric models in your scene for whatever reason, looks like the modeling community has you covered!

Last edited:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
We already had a discussion about the 3D printed license thing recently. AFAIK those aren't on sale atm.
IIRC the DO 3D printing licenses should be at $1.99 until the end of the month 2022-09-30; similarly you should be able to get the licenses for DO assets owned prior to 2022-07-13 for free, not sure if that carries forward from the end of the month though.

Also, beware of buying the licenses at Bundle level if the bundle was bought after some of it's component assets; the bundle purchase updates the purchase date of all its items to the purchase date

Reactions: OhWee
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote