Mack9

Apr 1, 2019
Love you all, love the game, love this site, it's free and all and I'm freeloading. Very underwhelming update for the time it took. New mission system is an unnecessary grind, it was fine before. Just my 2-cents, for those who care.

lolgotem

Jun 8, 2020
Initial impressions in the introduction, mostly nitpicky things which aren't a big deal:

- The title screen redesign looks great. Definitely an incredible job done on that. The font choice is crisp and fitting.

- The "Experience" screen is sort of confusing. The game is objectively a VN; the three choices don't imply the ramifications they'll have. In a game that is a VN, what's the difference between 'Full Experience,' 'Story+Freeroam,' and 'VN only?' The first option doesn't explain what that means, Story+Freeroam is what you expect out of a VN that has freeroam, and VN only seems redundant. I'd slap some hover tooltips on those choices to provide context on what they actually mean.

- Based on the intro, MC is an everyday man much like I assume everyone on this forum is yet he speaks like a British Royal. This is not the way common people communicate in a casual setting or any setting really, "No, im fairly sure no one bears such ill feelings towards me. I live a rather mundane life." Something like this seems like a normal reply to that convo, "Not that im aware of. I live a pretty boring life."

Again, not a big deal. What I listed are just things that immediately stuck out to me in the introduction without having to actively look for them.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
HopesGaming Just for stats purposes, generally I liked the new contract system, but their rewards at the start of the game are a little underwhelming. Also, it would be nicer if the screens that describe what's going on when you move to a new tile didn't need a second click to reveal the actions you can take in said tile.
Thank you for the feedback! Will look into that.

No worries, I had to stop playing after the 1st 3.
I did the 1st one about x10, exploring all options that were currently possible.
Did the 2nd one x3 & the 3rd once, before losing patience with the system itself.

What I meant, with prev comment, is that I shouldn't lose a Mission Point for failing an interaction with an NPC who has nothing to do with the mission. Why does failure to purchase a book, from a market trader, cause me to lose a Mission Point when my mission is to steal items, which I've done? It doesn't make sense & it's the first contract.
Hmm. Shouldn't lose MP for the trader unless it's for the bargain. And the book isn't important for the success of the contract.

Now that the rebuild is complete, story progression can resume as the primary focus.
Yup, focus is back on the story and the side contracts won't take much time now as most are done by contract creators.

Tyr Unchained

Sep 23, 2019
- Based on the intro, MC is an everyday man much like I assume everyone on this forum is yet he speaks like a British Royal. This is not the way common people communicate in a casual setting or any setting really, "No, im fairly sure no one bears such ill feelings towards me. I live a rather mundane life." Something like this seems like a normal reply to that convo, "Not that im aware of. I live a pretty boring life."

Again, not a big deal. What I listed are just things that immediately stuck out to me in the introduction without having to actively look for them.
Thanks for the feedback. Can't speak for the other two points since I'm just a hired-help writer but as for the third - I personally see the MC as a kind of a nerdy brainy dude. Sure - he takes care of himself physically to look like a sports dude - but judging by his internal dialogue he's the slightly snobby intellectual who silently judges people but isn't a total douche about it by saying it out loud. But in secret - I'm pretty sure he's spent a weekend memorizing famous Latin quotes and he spends way to much time philosophizing about the world and the "right" and "wrong" in the world. So him speaking in a slightly aloof/snobbish way seems quite in character :D

S3XYYYY1

Feb 26, 2019
where do i get the gun? when i try and do the what is truly weak is truly stront event says i need a gun, dunno if im just dumb just cant find it anywhere. im doing the only story+freeroaming option btw

Tyr Unchained

Sep 23, 2019
where do i get the gun? when i try and do the what is truly weak is truly stront event says i need a gun, dunno if im just dumb just cant find it anywhere. im doing the only story+freeroaming option btw
Pretty sure you get a gun as part of the main story. But don't quote me on it. I'm still replaying the game and it's been long since I first played it from the start. But thx for feedback. Maybe the Contract that requires a gun should be locked until you get the gun :D

EDIT: Apparently it's a bug and has been already fixed. When the bugfix gets released it'll work fine.

Last edited:

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Thanks for the feedback. Can't speak for the other two points since I'm just a hired-help writer but as for the third - I personally see the MC as a kind of a nerdy brainy dude. Sure - he takes care of himself physically to look like a sports dude - but judging by his internal dialogue he's the slightly snobby intellectual who silently judges people but isn't a total douche about it by saying it out loud. But in secret - I'm pretty sure he's spent a weekend memorizing famous Latin quotes and he spends way to much time philosophizing about the world and the "right" and "wrong" in the world. So him speaking in a slightly aloof/snobbish way seems quite in character :D
Um nobody talks like that in a game like this... Siiiighh

realfoodman

Feb 6, 2020
great game...not my first time playing it but the first time in a long time that ive returned so im replaying and still love it.
some grammatical mistakes....its one of those small but noticeable.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
If I had the money, resources, and connections, I'd try to get this game made into live action series, because damnit, the storytelling is movie/comedic drama series levels that I feel should be experienced by the masses.

Reactions: 610 and HopesGaming

Checkman

May 24, 2017
The whole scene with Cordia where MC asks her if she is his mother doesn't make sense if you talk to the old guy in the first mission. If I am correct he says that on the mother's side MC doesn't have any siblings, so it would be weird to ask that question since Cordia has 3 children. Just something to point out to Hopes if I didn't miss or misunderstand something.
Maybe MC doesn't believe the old guy, but still.

Reactions: HopesGaming
4.40 star(s) 492 Votes