Rebel_Yell

Jul 17, 2017
@HopesGaming -- You received a shoutout by another respected developer:

So, impatient or patient? Either way, you know you're eager to see what Pink has up his creative sleeve(s). Here's a little something to tide you over...

Status update Episode 2

Status update

It's almost scary how fast each week goes by.

I had a lot to do at my IRL work this week, too, but I stayed up later than usual to squeeze out some more dev time.

I would love to work with BADIK full time, but this week it's been evident that it's sadly just my hobby.

I worked hard on the script and posing static renders. Animation wise, I think I have about a handful left to pose, but the render queue has never before been this full of animations.

All I can say is that Episode 2 will have more animations than Episode 1.

For static renders the current count is 553, and honestly it just feels like I got started. Which is pretty funny, because 500 renders is actually a lot.

In terms of completion, I estimate that I'm about the 50% done, but it's so difficult to estimate this. The binary size is currently 1.47 GB after image compression.

I know many of you are anxious for a release date and your enthusiasm really makes me happy, but also stressed at the same time.

I've promised myself to not rush this, as I'm developing my dream game right now. I want to enjoy every second of this.

So, even if I can't promise release dates, I intend to see this through until the end of the game.

Poll results

This week, patrons voted for which main girl who will be featured in the special renders in Episode 2.
As Josy won for Episode 1, she wasn't included in this poll.

The winner by a mere 7 votes is Jill.
Jill 31%
Isabella 30%
Sage 20%
Maya 19%
I will post a preview of Jill's special renders next week.

Shout-out

While you wait for the new update, perhaps there are some other games that you've missed out on.
For instance, , which will have an update very soon.

Or maybe you missed out on the recent release of .

You can get both of these games on their Patreon pages.

What I like about these developers is that they also love making their games and they put so much passion and effort into them!

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Hopes is well-respected by many devs and even people who don't play his game (such as moi).

I expect to one day try it again...I'm just a bit biased against grindy stuff. The fact that I'm interested in giving it another go is a testament to the interesting set up and crisp dialogue in the game.

In the meantime, I share Pink's (and others') respect for Hopes' work.

Rebel_Yell

Jul 17, 2017
dead men tell no tales
and the dev has bin very talkative im impressed quite the feat for a dead man what other miracles can he perform ?
There is an entire religion based on a guy who rose from the dead.

Ok, it was people who rose from the dead... Bless you, George A. Romero for your "... of the Dead" movies.

(Who thought I was going somewhere completely different with that comment? Eh? haha!)

Rebel_Yell

Jul 17, 2017
@Ignatz

(This is probably more information than is needed, but bear with me. LOL!)

There was a point (when I was a bit younger) where I decided I was going to write a book. Had a premise that was a new slant on an old one, characters were developed, and even a plot which was a bit contrived but seemed unique enough to get past people's first impressions. I started talking with friends and family about it and they told a few others, which started making some small waves of interest. As time dragged on, these same people started becoming impatient; that impatience brought negativity. After a couple of years of working on it as a passionate hobby, I hit a financial low point and lost almost everything.

Several years later, I find myself married (with children), mortgage, a couple of vehicle loans, and working 70+ hours a week leaving me only the briefest snippets of time to even consider going back and revisiting / trying to continue my project.

That little historical perspective is why I attempt to be as respectful and supportive of anyone daring enough to take their shot to cross over from "hobbyist" to "developer" and actually live out that dream. It's imperative for those to hear that their work is enjoyed and they are respected by their peers. If I can assist that effort in sharing that show of respect in some small way, I will. Plus, it never hurts when someone's project is a rather well-done "new twist" on a rather stagnant genre...

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
Perhaps a new update will be his newest gift to us by his knowledge of thee Dark Arts
oh my god he is the chosen one he is the messiah what other miracles can he perform can he raise the dead can he turn water to whine ( fuck if i could do that id be drunk all the time ) we will have to wait and see.

(while writing this all i could think was he's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy)

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
oh my god he is the chosen one he is the messiah what other miracles can he perform can he raise the dead can he turn water to whine ( fuck if i could do that id be drunk all the time ) we will have to wait and see.

(while writing this all i could think was he's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy)
He be hittin it like the doubting thomas

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
He be hittin it like the doubting thomas
A doubting Thomas is a skeptic who refuses to believe without direct personal experience—a reference to the Apostle Thomas, who refused to believe that the resurrected Jesus had appeared to the ten other apostles, until he could see and feel the wounds received by Jesus on the cross.

for those who ant religions and to be honest id forgotten about doubting Tom but to be fair you'd be doubting to if you heard a guy come back to life after being nailed to the cross

wanna hear a joke Stop me if you heard this one Jesus Christ walks into a hotel and He hands the innkeeper three nails, and he asks Can you put me up for the night ( if you know what this is from you are you are awesome)

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
A doubting Thomas is a skeptic who refuses to believe without direct personal experience—a reference to the Apostle Thomas, who refused to believe that the resurrected Jesus had appeared to the ten other apostles, until he could see and feel the wounds received by Jesus on the cross.

for those who ant religions and to be honest id forgotten about doubting Tom but to be fair you'd be doubting to if you heard a guy come back to life after being nailed to the cross

wanna hear a joke Stop me if you heard this one Jesus Christ walks into a hotel and He hands the innkeeper three nails, and he asks Can you put me up for the night ( if you know what this is from you are you are awesome)
I know who thomas is, but do not know where is thhat joke from

Reactions: Odin Eye Patch
4.40 star(s) 485 Votes