Spelly

Nov 2, 2017
Dayum ! I can't wait for the next update for this game! HopesGaming If I was a billionaire I would transfer you, like, 10k or so per month just to see the game finished faster ! Unfortunately, I'm a poor sausage, so $10 will have to do :D But as they say, quality takes time. And I'd wait forever, as long as the game wasn't abandoned. But I'm pretty sure that won't happen. The game is just too good. This game is not without reason one of the best rated ones on this page ! Be proud and keep up the exceptional work ! :)

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
First of all, I'm sorry you lost interest. That is never a fun thing to experience!

I do agree that once given an eta you should usually stick with it. That is why I asked my supporters about what they want to do this time. I gave the power to them. Do they want the game released as planned after proofread or postpone to add a bit more lewd content to a story-heavy update?
This was done exactly to not cause upset. The poll showed that the vast majority are fine with a small postponing to add a bit more flavor. So that's the route I am taking. Now I'm just trying to explain that to the playerbase that play the game for free. Those tend to be a bit scarier and more demanding but at the same time- still part of my playerbase and I will always try to keep communication and not wanting to upset them.
Hi hopesgaming, apologies if i've not come across as intended, i haven't lost interest at all and stated i agree with the notion of delaying to get the content right before release rather than in patchform after as well as my opinion that this is a great game..... i was simply giving my opinion as to why the growth of the game has stalled to an extent which it appears from other responses you do agree with.

I personally was a supporter through patreon but have a strict rule for myself of cancelling if by the end of the month of their initial deadline it is missed ( 3 months in this case, not saying you missed any other hard deadline), this is my own rule after being burned by other developers, I do not think you are anything like those whatsover..... and I will most likely resub upon this release.

I want this game to go from strength to strength and for you to be able to turn this from a hobby to, as you put it, your dream job and imo you arent far from that, as you've alluded to, a bit of stability in your release schedule should see those numbers grow rather quickly

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
The poll.
To be frank- I am not happy with the amount of lewd content this time around. After playing through it I feel it is way too little. Even if this time around is story focused.
So, I am planning to add some sweet lewd action in the mix. Luna and Cordia are the ones I will add lewd to.
I expect tomatoes being thrown at me, but I can't say I like this. Adding more lewd content to an update because it feels like there isn't enough is a pet peeve I have with many developers. It raises concerns how well these hot stitched scenes will fit within the story.

I want Hopes to make a release he's happy with, but I don't like when developers feel like they have to fill a lewd content per update quota.

Last edited:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I expect tomatoes being thrown at me, but I can't say I like this. Adding more lewd content to an update because it feels like there isn't enough is a pet peeve I have with many developers. It raises concerns how well these hot stitched scenes will fit within the story.

I want Hopes to make a release he's happy with, but I don't like when developers feel like they have to fill a lewd content per update quota.
It's not due to a lewd quote. I've never done that in any of the updates so far nor will I ever do that.
The reason why I want the lewd content is because I really like the way it fits together with the story content and to lessen the heavy emotional stuff that is happening this time around.

james2rose

Jun 21, 2017
oh, ok no problem since it.s Luna update, i.m really interested in the Isabelle and Gracie story and lewd :sneaky:.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
On the bright side, I was meaning to replay about an hour of the game to get 'back into the groove' ahead of the new update but never got round to it so the delay gives me the time.

Take your time, this update is important and could well push you to your goal when released.
The DeLuca Family Patreon.png

(BaDIK) reached his "make the game fulltime" goal today and is composing his RL job retirement speech right about now. If all goes well, we'll be seeing you being able to do the same real soon (y) :)

heyowoh

Oct 12, 2017
How many times have you postponed the update? The game should've come out around the end of aug at first. Don't get me wrong but i think you are beeing irresponsible, if you gave us the release date you should give your best to do it, but you can't keep your word, you can make whatever excuse you want but if you really want to make this your full time job i'm gonna tell you that won't work, invest more time/money/effort.. GL with the next update, kinda lost interest since i really did forget the whole story and what i did in the game lol.. Hope all the waiting for other players will be worth it

Capella

I write.
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
On the bright side, I was meaning to replay about an hour of the game to get 'back into the groove' ahead of the new update but never got round to it so the delay gives me the time.

Take your time, this update is important and could well push you to your goal when released.
View attachment 401880

(BaDIK) reached his "make the game fulltime" goal today and is composing his RL job retirement speech right about now. If all goes well, we'll be seeing you being able to do the same real soon (y) :)
Woah, didn't know about that! That's so dope, this dude deserve each and every patron he has. Acting Lessons was a great game and Being a DIK is being one, too. Hope I can become a patron someday.

And Hopes, I checked Doc's page a few days ago and I'm pretty sure he reached his milestone after the last update. Like the dude there said, this update could take you to yours :D

mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
How many times have you postponed the update? The game should've come out around the end of aug at first. Don't get me wrong but i think you are beeing irresponsible, if you gave us the release date you should give your best to do it, but you can't keep your word, you can make whatever excuse you want but if you really want to make this your full time job i'm gonna tell you that won't work, invest more time/money/effort.. GL with the next update, kinda lost interest since i really did forget the whole story and what i did in the game lol.. Hope all the waiting for other players will be worth it
Yes! You should ask for all the money you've invested!

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
It's not due to a lewd quote. I've never done that in any of the updates so far nor will I ever do that.
The reason why I want the lewd content is because I really like the way it fits together with the story content and to lessen the heavy emotional stuff that is happening this time around.
As long as you're not adding sex for the sake of sex, I'm fine with lewd scenes. It's nice to get AIF that's not rushing to get your dick into as many pussies (or asses or mouths) as you can on the first day. I really hope the pacing continues on it's current course as there are far too few games out there with decent story.

I look forward to the next update.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Thank you for your kind words!

1) The fact that how rare serpents are will be more evident in the upcoming update where there is not even one serpent with them in the fight against the Fabios. There will come a time where all four of them have to get together. But this is for the future when shit hits the fan. TIll then, it will be mostly one or on rare occasion two serpents.
This is for the battle scenes. For the more casual setting, we will get plenty of oppertunity to see them together. Once our MC increase in the ranks that is.
Lastly, there is a planned event involving MC, his rival and all of the four serpents out in the mountain/forrest.

2) And I can't wait to share it! I already got the perfect introduction part setup for Cynthia and for the last Serpent.)

3) I don't know about romanceable in the sense of 'love' but there definitely will be lots of bed action with her.
Thanks for detailed answers to my questions! Here are some more if you don't mind (Guess I'm very inquisitive :LOL:).

1) Are there any plans for updates to the girls scenes in the bathroom when MC peaks on them (like how Luna and Gracie's portraits change when MC's relationship with them evolves)?

2) What are your thoughts on a "Scene Gallery"? (not just for steamy sex/lewd scenes, but the game has quite a number of memorable scenes such as MC's Date with Luna, Gracie and MC's trip to town, Gottardo and "Serpent"'s introduction scene, Cordia catching MC sneaking in her office, and many others).

For iconic scenes, Scene Gallery might be a good idea it anyone wants to rewatch those scenes after seeing them for the first time (if that's something you're considering, might also be good idea to include those girls "Sweaty Dream" scenes in gallery too).

3) I hope we get some more flashbacks (Cordia's "Blizzard Queen" era) in the future updates - so far, we've been teased with snippets of them (mention in passing by Cordia, "Serpent" & Giacobbe), but I'm intrigued to know more about what actually happened with the previous 4 Serpents (Cordia, MC's mom Rina etc)

4) You've said "expect something darker but in-depth with Luna update." Which I'm looking forward to. Could we expect something like that with MC's possible future event with Rina (his mom) as well (event hinted by "Serpent")? Perhaps something dark (with painful memories with MC in his dark period), in-depth, and very emotional?

5) "Pops" Kaskar & Cordia DeLuca. The likelihood of these 2 characters meeting in the future (whether to discuss about MC, or other possible mafia related matters), would you say possible, or unlikely?

6) Could a visit to the Kaskar Family mansion by MC (and possibly Luna and Gracie in a tag along) be on the cards, with future "Charvi Kaskar" event hinted by Jalen?

7) Any updates possible for Wilfred and Antonio portraits (nothing weird, with them fully clothed obviously. Hope people don't mistake my intention with this lol :LOL:, but perhaps being in a different pose/stance when their friendship/respect for MC increases)?

Keep up the great work!!

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Delayed again? Haha well I can understand that. Money talks and bullshit walks and the patreon people, all 47 of them have decided for everyone. I think the smart thing for all of us to do around here, at least for a while, is to not take these release dates seriously anymore. Don't bother getting excited because they don't seem to mean anything. So just save yourself from feeling disappointed. The only time you can be sure it's released is when you see it in the Latest Updates page.
yea damn those patrons who support the dev for voting on stuff!!11!

Reactions: HopesGaming

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Remember guys.
Toxicity can not be fought with toxicity. Just ignore it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was smacking that Miranda booty. I can barely remember Jacob, haha.

Thanks for detailed answers to my questions! Here are some more if you don't mind (Guess I'm very inquisitive :LOL:).

1) Are there any plans for updates to the girls scenes in the bathroom when MC peaks on them (like how Luna and Gracie's portraits change when MC's relationship with them evolves)?

2) What are your thoughts on a "Scene Gallery"? (not just for steamy sex/lewd scenes, but the game has quite a number of memorable scenes such as MC's Date with Luna, Gracie and MC's trip to town, Gottardo and "Serpent"'s introduction scene, Cordia catching MC sneaking in her office, and many others).

For iconic scenes, Scene Gallery might be a good idea it anyone wants to rewatch those scenes after seeing them for the first time (if that's something you're considering, might also be good idea to include those girls "Sweaty Dream" scenes in gallery too).

3) I hope we get some more flashbacks (Cordia's "Blizzard Queen" era) in the future updates - so far, we've been teased with snippets of them (mention in passing by Cordia, "Serpent" & Giacobbe), but I'm intrigued to know more about what actually happened with the previous 4 Serpents (Cordia, MC's mom Rina etc)

4) You've said "expect something darker but in-depth with Luna update." Which I'm looking forward to. Could we expect something like that with MC's possible future event with Rina (his mom) as well (event hinted by "Serpent")? Perhaps something dark (with painful memories with MC in his dark period), in-depth, and very emotional?

5) "Pops" Kaskar & Cordia DeLuca. The likelihood of these 2 characters meeting in the future (whether to discuss about MC, or other possible mafia related matters), would you say possible, or unlikely?

6) Could a visit to the Kaskar Family mansion by MC (and possibly Luna and Gracie in a tag along) be on the cards, with future "Charvi Kaskar" event hinted by Jalen?

7) Any updates possible for Wilfred and Antonio portraits (nothing weird, with them fully clothed obviously. Hope people don't mistake my intention with this lol :LOL:, but perhaps being in a different pose/stance when their friendship/respect for MC increases)?

Keep up the great work!!
Let's see how much I can allow my self to say without going into too many spoilers heh.

1. Yes, not any specific things yet but I do have some plans for it

2. I am planning to add a scene gallery for the lewds. But haven't thought about it for the story part. If enough people want it then I will add it for that as well.

3. For sure. Everything regarding that will be explained.

4. Yes. The mc-mother part is something I have been planning since pre-release. And it's also on the emotional part. It's dark but not as dark as Luna's.

5. I would say- spoilers, heh."

6. Yes.

7. Haven't really give much thought to their portraits, to be honest. But Wilfred is gaining a following for some odd reasons so perhaps the guys deserve some portraits changes as well!

4.40 star(s) 485 Votes