Carcosa_

May 14, 2019
It's also people giving the benefit of the doubt. For every game that is abandoned and people were right about, there are games that were delayed due to actual reasons but come back strong.

It may not be a 1:1 ration but it happens and people, such as myself always give a benefit of the doubt.
While this might be true, honestly I can't name you that many legit cases where the dev simply HAD to delay the update. Especially since in most cases the only account you have is the dev's, and you pretty much have to trust them on blind faith.
It's also not necessarily about the ratio, but about the fact that almost every big dev in this scene has scammed his supporters at least a couple of times and have ridiculous release date cycles.
I'm sure some of it is fanboism or what have you, but I think it is mostly that people are generally not that keen on waving around pitchforks and castigating people
The entirety of human history proves you wrong.

Aug 8, 2016
While this might be true, honestly I can't name you that many legit cases where the dev simply HAD to delay the update. Especially since in most cases the only account you have is the dev's, and you pretty much have to trust them on blind faith.
It's also not necessarily about the ratio, but about the fact that almost every big dev in this scene has scammed his supporters at least a couple of times and have ridiculous release date cycles.
Ok, how do you know that? Look, I'm not about to defend shitty devs and people who try to scam their audience but the people who are even in a position to do that and earn money from it are exceptionally rare. Most devs simply don't earn enough to be able to scare away all but their most diehard fans for a quick buck. It is almost always better, even for purely selfish 'greed' for the dev if they can produce content at a regular and quick pace since that is usually the best way to gain and maintain a following. Hanlon's razor is usually right about this, "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence". Most of these devs are hobbyists, most don't have a team to fall back on and most are doing this for the first time. It is unsurprising that they will fuck up from time to time, for whatever reason. It sucks, it is disappointing when it happens but it is unsurprising and doesn't mean that they are scamming you.

Again, like with all games, shitty devs exist and I'm not telling you to have blind trust in anyone, I just don't see the benefit of having blind distrust either.

Actually no. The loud people with the pitchforks were usually the minority, and in the cases when they became the majority it wasn't because they were keen on it but because they worried that they wouldn't be able to eat that winter, not because they didn't get a game for free

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
if its not rape it could still be assault or something like that kind of scared to see what her backstory is but still very interested to know what happened to make Luna as she is i think all fans are on pins and needles coz we love Luna so much as a character im curious to know what you guys think happened i'll be surprised if one of us get it right

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017

You should really listen to itshowyoumetme as he hit it pretty straight on.
Try to really look at your own sentences;
"I can't name you that many legit cases where the dev simply HAD to delay the update" This imply that you have personally found out real-life details about the delays from the devs. So it's an assumption you have made a reality.
"It's never worth it to go after devs like this since you'll always be ganged up on. "
The truth is- no one has ganged up on you. As you have shared your view to the public, the public shared their view on what you wrote. This is not ganging up, this is just how a discussion forum work. As long as it's civil any opinion is fine (yours and theirs).
"...almost every big dev in this scene has scammed his supporters at least a couple of times..."
Again, assumption that you now have made a reality. (Btw, I am not a big dev. Far from it. Milking isn't even possible as it would destroy my income rather than gain from it. Which is the truth for 99% of the devs out there. Only the top 1% can milk without negatively impacting their income.)

And looking at your other post majority of it consists of going to different game thread and being in 'attack' mode for saying it in a nice term.
The way I see it is that you have created this 'demon' that you base on your own assumptions. You tend to go to places that is able to keep feeding that demon until it becomes almost your reality. Now it is the truth. Your truth. Everything is a fact and not an assumption anymore.

If I can give you advice. Life's too short for such negative thoughts. Especially with naughty games you play for free.
So, if you truly believe I am this demon of a dev that you think I am- then do not waste time with this game. Nothing is more important than ones own mental health. Find a game that is to your liking with a dev that does not feed into your demon and just be happy, my friend.

Wish you the best and hopefully, you didn't take this the wrong way. Peace.

if its not rape it could still be assault or something like that kind of scared to see what her backstory is but still very interested to know what happened to make Luna as she is i think all fans are on pins and needles coz we love Luna so much as a character im curious to know what you guys think happened i'll be surprised if one of us get it right
Indeed, just because it's not rape does not mean it won't be dark or hard to read. So I really hope that the feint of heart people do not 'toughen' themselves and pick the full version up just to get back in the thread to write "I am depressed now! Frick you Hopes! I hate you forever!"

Last edited:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Indeed, just because it's not rape does not mean it won't be dark or hard to read. So I really hope that the feint of heart people do not 'toughen' themselves and pick the full version up just to get back in the thread to write "I am depressed now! Frick you Hopes! I hate you forever!"
Well, rape is really the poor scenarist alternative to a plot, so I'm glad you're not going that way (although I never doubted).

There are many many ways to explain why a character is damaged, and I have my theories regarding Luna. Theories that I'll keep to myself while I eagerly await for the next update :3

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Ok, how do you know that? Look, I'm not about to defend shitty devs and people who try to scam their audience but the people who are even in a position to do that and earn money from it are exceptionally rare. Most devs simply don't earn enough to be able to scare away all but their most diehard fans for a quick buck. It is almost always better, even for purely selfish 'greed' for the dev if they can produce content at a regular and quick pace since that is usually the best way to gain and maintain a following. Hanlon's razor is usually right about this, "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence". Most of these devs are hobbyists, most don't have a team to fall back on and most are doing this for the first time. It is unsurprising that they will fuck up from time to time, for whatever reason. It sucks, it is disappointing when it happens but it is unsurprising and doesn't mean that they are scamming you.

Again, like with all games, shitty devs exist and I'm not telling you to have blind trust in anyone, I just don't see the benefit of having blind distrust either.

Actually no. The loud people with the pitchforks were usually the minority, and in the cases when they became the majority it wasn't because they were keen on it but because they worried that they wouldn't be able to eat that winter, not because they didn't get a game for free
*bravely peeks in?*

This. Totally this. All of it rings so very true from my own experience.

As a first time dev, the last thing you want to do is get a crappy reputation or lose patrons. It's easier to keep them than get new ones for a start. But, if you permit me to share for a mo, I fuck up -all- the time.

I don't mean to, of course. Last thing I want to do. I actually start each chapter quite organised, with an idea of how many renders I'll need and how long they'll take - and yet I do. Fuck up that is. I'm a writer. Not a coder or a Daz artist and so those latter two I'm learning as I go. Sometimes the fuck ups are because a piece of code that you -know- absolutely worked a few weeks ago is now being a bitch or won't work with a particular save for some reason known only to God.

Or sometimes, you learn things as you go along and realise that you can do something better and find yourself staring down a choice of running with the fifty "ok" renders you have or making the call that they -have- to be done again. Or you get a scene that you thought would render within the hour now maxes out at two and looks like security video footage when you check it over.

And you have no one to ask. No one to help, and it's 4am and the clock is ticking away and you're out of Jaffa cakes and the only coffee you have left is that jar of caffeine free you got when your dad came down...And it sucks. Totally.

*less bravely runs away back to her own thread again*

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
if not rape ill start the guessing game she could have bin kidnapped as a kid and have bin held for months till she was rescued and maybe she was also beaten upon could see that as one possibility

Reactions: JJJ84 and Iron-Cut

Iron-Cut

Aug 6, 2017
oh oh i remember there was something with a forest involved ???? gracie didnt want to tell us about....

4.40 star(s) 485 Votes