Tyr Unchained

Sep 23, 2019
Also - to those complaining about bugs - this is a leaked Patreon version. If you wait a week for the free Public version - most of the bugs should be ironed out. But if you're on a pirate site like F95 complaining that the freshly leaked Patreon beta isn't 100% up to your high standards - maybe wait a weak for a full release? *shrug*

korisnik2007a

Jan 22, 2021
Also - to those complaining about bugs - this is a leaked Patreon version. If you wait a week for the free Public version - most of the bugs should be ironed out. But if you're on a pirate site like F95 complaining that the freshly leaked Patreon beta isn't 100% up to your high standards - maybe wait a weak for a full release? *shrug*
To you trying to shame people - some of those bugs were, I assume, fixed with the help of feedback given by those same people here. Therefore your point is extremely moot and needless, but such outbursts are nothing new. I just felt this one needed to be called out.

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
HopesGaming Just for stats purposes, generally I liked the new contract system, but their rewards at the start of the game are a little underwhelming. Also, it would be nicer if the screens that describe what's going on when you move to a new tile didn't need a second click to reveal the actions you can take in said tile.

Tyr Unchained

Sep 23, 2019
I failed a contract to steal items (which I'd stolen), for failing to buy a book.
I'm sorry, but they're the opposite of fun, for me. They feel like a tedious chore.
Sorry to hear that. I haven't written (or played) the Contract you mentioned and it's possible that this Contract can be failed with no options to salvage the Contract - but not every Contract can be an easy win but I can assure you - some have options. We're happy to hear your feedback and we'll take it into account when creating next ones. Just please go easy on us. This is a first release of reworked Contracts and all of us writers are still getting the grips on the system ;)

To you trying to shame people - some of those bugs were, I assume, fixed with the help of feedback given by those same people here. Therefore your point is extremely moot and needless, but such outbursts are nothing new. I just felt this one needed to be called out.
Heh - never said or implied you should be ashamed of yourself. But if that's the way you took it - idk man. Maybe you feel there's something you should be ashamed of? :ROFLMAO: But srsly. As an avid F95 user - I'm not gonna "shame" people for downloading free games. I do it all the time myself and did even before F95 back in /hgg days. I'm just saying that complaining about bugs (which is not the same as reporting bugs - which we're happy about) is kinda douchey. But hey that's just my two cents ;) You do you.

Last edited:

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
I have to agree with the other players, the new contract system is at best time consuming and at worst a tedious mechanic.

I'm a longtime dnd player so text adventures are nothing new to me, but that relies on the player having only their imagination, in here with everything the engine is capable of it feels odd that such a mechanic is implemented considering the old one (wile easily exploited) was functional and more straight forward

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Sorry to hear that. I haven't written (or played) the Contract you mentioned and it's possible that this Contract can be failed with no options to salvage the Contract - but not every Contract can be an easy win but I can assure you - some have options. We're happy to hear your feedback and we'll take it into account when creating next ones. Just please go easy on us. This is a first release of reworked Contracts and all of us writers are still getting the grips on the system ;)
No worries, I had to stop playing after the 1st 3.
I did the 1st one about x10, exploring all options that were currently possible.
Did the 2nd one x3 & the 3rd once, before losing patience with the system itself.

What I meant, with prev comment, is that I shouldn't lose a Mission Point for failing an interaction with an NPC who has nothing to do with the mission. Why does failure to purchase a book, from a market trader, cause me to lose a Mission Point when my mission is to steal items, which I've done? It doesn't make sense & it's the first contract.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
The best thing to do is to ignore failures and check later when you get better gear.

It's out already.

Yay! Another lover of the system.
It's really a love/hate system so far. Not many neutral people. Either they really like it or they really dislike it.
Interesting to see.

About the bugs - all fixed in 0.07.1

That is what can happen to a game in devolepement. This is the first time a savegame doesn't work.

Yush. Have been fixed now.

Sorry to hear that Gladheim. There is more story content tho.
Hopefully next update will be more your thing.

Bug in 0.07. Has been fixed in 0.07.1.
Well at least it seems that you care about what we think. It's a plus point, but come on, surely 80% of the fans wants is more history and for relationships to advance xd. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for the next haha.(y)

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Well at least it seems that you care about what we think. It's a plus point, but come on, surely 80% of the fans wants is more history and for relationships to advance xd. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for the next haha.(y)
Now that the rebuild is complete, story progression can resume as primary focus.

zainon

Jan 27, 2021
go replay the game it's worth it because dev added some minor scene just like the defender of lydia. i mean it's not like you have a choice HAHAHAHAHAHA even tho i'm aware of the story i still enjoy it well not luna's back story, that sht is F up.

• Angry
Reactions: Hartigan

markblazes

Jun 16, 2020
Holy hell I haven't seen this game in a long time, I think this is the 3rd game I played on this site. Good to know the developer is still working on this project.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
After trying it, I'm fairly neutral on the new contract style. I personally like text style games a lot, but I am very used to a very deep and dense system with games in that style. So I like the new style, but it's kind of hard to really get into it compared to text games that are very detailed and much more in depth, etc. I think I would be ok either way, as I mostly want to get back to the main story and kind of play contracts as a grind to complete overall missions. If the new style had much more depth, I'd probably favor it personally.

I still think the best strength of the game is the overall narrative and characters. This game still has some of my favorite art ever, and it influenced me to even try things myself. I have a few minor suggestions that may or may not be useful to anyone involved in the game. Cordia's birthday is listed as February 31 in her bio (maybe just change it to the 28th or something), the Knowledge stat in the shop isn't capitalized, and I personally kind of feel like the "Success" audio/music when completing a mission is a little too loud compared to other music but maybe I am messing up a setting or something. I'm looking forward to seeing more down the road. :)

4.40 star(s) 488 Votes