ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
how come this game doesnt have a patreon?
Well, this isn't Daz3D, there really aren't any "expenses" that are needed to buy assets in order to make scenes. Everything is self contained in Koikatsu and Ren'Py. However, that isn't the only reason, I know people like the thought of being able to thank their author with a sort of tip jar, but that isn't what it becomes.

Once you create a patreon you set a really high bar for yourself, when they start "donating" to you, they look at the best developers they are also donating to and wonder why I can't attain similar results despite getting the same amount from them. Eventually, you're trying to match authors far better than you and the whole thing comes crashing down.

Also, another factor is you that once they start paying you money every month it is in expectation that you "hurry up and finish the game" rather than simply thanking you for what you've done so far. So, if it ever stops being fun(and that is why I do this) you can't just walk away.

Thirdly, is that you distinguish your fans into paying and non-paying tiers. Developers seem to view their audience as "the fans who helped me during the journey" and "the plebeians who reaped the benefits of the former." And it isn't just the developers, people donating money also say the same thing "hey, we're paying you money here, why don't we get some perks?"

Last edited:

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Ah, I see you removed the tag, that's one way of answering my question. ;)
Yeah, managing the tags is annoying, especially since I have to delete the "harem" tag one of the mods attaches to my game every update. Multiple options does not mean you will have the choice to choose all of them. There are three routes(or going to be) and each ends with a monogamous relationship. Having unprotected sex with many anonymous partners isn't a harem either, it's called college.

Last edited:

anna94

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 22, 2020
Well, this isn't Daz3D, there really aren't any "expenses" used that I are needed to buy assets in order to make scenes. Everything is self contained in Koikatsu and Ren'Py. However, that isn't the only reason, I know people like the thought of being able to thank their author with a sort of tip jar, that isn't what it becomes:

Once you create a patreon you set a really high bar for yourself, when they start "donating" to you, they look at the best developers they are also donating too and wonder why I can't attain similar results despite getting the same amount from them. Eventually, you're trying to match authors far better than you and the whole thing comes crashing down.

Also, another factor is you that once they start paying you money every month it is in expectation that you "hurry up and finish the game" rather than simply thanking you for what you've done so far. So, if it ever stops being fun(and that is why I do this) you can't just walk away.

Thirdly, is that you never distinguish your fans into paying and non-paying tiers. Developers seem to view their audience as "the fans who helped me during the journey" and "the plebeians who reaped the benefits of the former." And it isn't just the developers, people donating money also say the same thing "hey, we're paying you money here, why don't we get some perks?"
I really love your thoughts in this. I have the same pressure (although my patreons that supported me did not even complain)
Those who complained are mostly people in this forum :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
But i do feel a sense of responsibility to my patreons.
Keep up the good work!

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
For how many little choices there are in the game it may as well be a Kinetic Novel.
Personally, I don't like games with a branching narrative. Whenever I go to play one I find a walkthrough that will get me to one of the girl's then once I'm finished with that route I consider the game finished and I never play it again. I mean, other than padding out the playtime by forcing people to play the game multiple times to see all the content, what purpose to them is there?

Last edited:

logros13

Jan 17, 2018
Yikes Amber is a piece of psychopathic trash, to bad to hear we wont get the option stay loyal to the girlfriend, judging by the no branching thing mentioned above, rather than jumping ship to the self-centered backstabbing homicidal psychopath "friend". -.-

This is the first game of the authors i don't like for now but hopefully that will change when when we get the other routes and the chance to peruse girls that are not monsters. I don't dislike the idea in general but the speed and lack of hesitation with which Amber betrays her "best friend" (including flat out murdering here for something she had no way of knowing) just makes her completely unlikable in my eyes and based on what is currently in the game getting together with her feels more like a bad end than victory. What says she will not go yandere on the protagonist over some minor misunderstanding in the future if she killed her "best friend" so easily...

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Yikes Amber is a piece of psychopathic trash, to bad to hear we wont get the option stay loyal to the girlfriend, judging by the no branching thing mentioned above, rather than jumping ship to the self-centered backstabbing homicidal psychopath "friend". -.-

This is the first game of the authors i don't like for now but hopefully that will change when when we get the other routes and the chance to peruse girls that are not monsters. I don't dislike the idea in general but the speed and lack of hesitation with which Amber betrays her "best friend" (including flat out murdering here for something she had no way of knowing) just makes her completely unlikable in my eyes and based on what is currently in the game getting together with her feels more like a bad end than victory. What says she will not go yandere on the protagonist over some minor misunderstanding in the future if she killed her "best friend" so easily...
You do have a choice(or you will, I have to write it first), you go with Amber, Mia, or you stay loyal to Klaara.

That being said, I don't think Amber is a psychopath, she just got a bit... worked up, that being said I removed the murder part as soon as the patch was released. I thought it was a good idea but as I continued to write it didn't really make much sense.

Last edited:

logros13

Jan 17, 2018
You do have a choice(or you will, I have to write it first), you go with Amber, Mia, or you stay loyal to Klaara.

That being said, I don't think Amber is a psychopath, that's just how girls are when a boy is involved. Honestly, compared to the horror stories my sister used to tell me, Amber is quite kind.
worse than murder? you haven't forgotten the whole murder thing, right? I'm pretty sure murdering their "best friend" is not "just how girls are"...

Oh well, guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, still looking forward to the other paths.

edit: okay removing the murder makes her slightly better i guess, still to backstabby for my tastes though.

Last edited:

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
worse than murder? you haven't forgotten the whole murder thing, right? I'm pretty sure murdering their "best friend" is not "just how girls are"...

Oh well, guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, still looking forward to the other paths.
I state again, I removed the murder, when I was making the scene I figured it would be a good idea to let the audience choose how they want to see Amber, is she someone who might kill her friend? But readers are a terribly unreliable lot. So, Amber lets go of Klaara like she was meant to. She was meant to be overly emotional and not thinking straight, not homicidal.

However, I don't think I properly conveyed how Klaara is, Amber has seen Klaara claim to be in love, like a boy, then as soon as they start dating she gets bored then after leading them on she breaks it off and moves onto the next boy. This pattern has repeated itself over and over. She simply thinks "so, this is happening again? Except with the boy I like?"

Last edited:

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.2 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
There is this dude named baliar on VNDB who is trolling me, he keeps adding tags for shit that isn't there and deleting tags for things that are. From little things like changing the description of the MC's hair from red and black to purple to large things such as changing "reverse NTR" to just "netorare" so that people who are looking for cuckquean won't find it and people who aren't looking for it will.