Lancastle

Dev of The Dragonspire
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Playing the game version 1.1 for the first time. I'm stuck at the movie premier. I get the option to talk to 4 groups, no matter who I choose it ends with an infinite loop on this line:

MC (Thinking)
Hmm. I'd rather not disturb Fate's personal troubles.

Anyone know a way around this?
That should have been resolved. What is your current path status? Sasha, Svarin, Hailie, Lin, Mindy, Cassandra, or none?

Start with Mindy and Cass should bypass it.

gohdonfett

Jan 7, 2023
That should have been resolved. What is your current path status? Sasha, Svarin, Hailie, Lin, Mindy, Cassandra, or none?

Start with Mindy and Cass should bypass it.
I'm having this same issue. Current path status is Svarin, Lin, Cassandra and Hailie. It doesn't matter which option I start with. I always get stuck in this loop.

Lancastle

Dev of The Dragonspire
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
I'm having this same issue. Current path status is Svarin, Lin, Cassandra and Hailie. It doesn't matter which option I start with. I always get stuck in this loop.
Are you running any mods? Nothing in the code stops you from any choice if you have not spoken to any of them. The block happens when you talk to Hope and Fate first, then they block Cassandra and Mindy. Choosing any other party will reset it back to speak to Mindy and Cass.

gohdonfett

Jan 7, 2023
Are you running any mods? Nothing in the code stops you from any choice if you have not spoken to any of them. The block happens when you talk to Hope and Fate first, then they block Cassandra and Mindy. Choosing any other party will reset it back to speak to Mindy and Cass.
I tried installing the walk through mod, but it gave me issues. Maybe that screwed something up. I'll try clearing my data and trying again.

Naps-On-Dirt

Dec 7, 2023
I ran into this too, on Sasha route, fresh installation with no mods. It seemed that I tried each one first, I was able to do Sasha group then Check in with Leo, and vice versa, but even after that still hit the repeating loop. I will doublecheck starting with Mindy and Cass like you suggested above.

Edit: Nope, starting with Mindy and Cass hit the loop immediately.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019
Same as above no mod install. Have tried all 4 options and all break after first scene except talk to Sasha and Svarin and then give me only option of Talking to Leo and Dasha and then goes into loop. Defiantly a broken variable. Even if I have not talked to Hope and Fate get to lines "Hrm I would rather not disturb Fate's personal problems" Then advances to back to image showing all 3 groups but then resets to Sasha group on left and group of 4 on right without input and display line start "hrm"

Reactions: black1ch and MikeOG
Dec 16, 2019
Tried a huge number of different variable including only doing stuff with Sasha and still got loop. Looked at the coding and do not know why the loop is happening. Have done now 15 runs while making sure every variable has been a chance to be different when getting to scene and still loop

Last edited:

Lancastle

Dev of The Dragonspire
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Tried a huge number of different variable including only doing stuff with Sasha and still got loop. Looked at the coding and do not know why the loop is happening. Have done now 15 runs while making sure every variable has been a chance to be different when getting to scene and still loop
I keep hearing this from this site. I am not able to reproduce a freeze on my end. Are you running any mods that may have changed things? I notice you have Sasha in a relationship while having fun with Lin and Hailie... You should have two options there. Lin doesn't get one but has one secretly.

The code has Hope and Fate speak to Cassandra and Mindy after speaking to them for the first time. This will make Cassandra and Mindy unavailable. You must choose a different option then, and it should revert back to normal. Not sure why there are no options in the pic above.

Reactions: Isabella69
Dec 16, 2019
I keep hearing this from this site. I am not able to reproduce a freeze on my end. Are you running any mods that may have changed things? I notice you have Sasha in a relationship while having fun with Lin and Hailie... You should have two options there. Lin doesn't get one but has one secretly.

The code has Hope and Fate speak to Cassandra and Mindy after speaking to them for the first time. This will make Cassandra and Mindy unavailable. You must choose a different option then, and it should revert back to normal. Not sure why there are no options in the pic above.
Found the fix. The full game zip download from Aug 08 2023 is the issue. I tried multiple site and was strange as they had different sizes for the DL but all had the issues with new playthrough or previous saves. But was able to find the script update for 1.0 to 1.1 on another site as the links here are broken and the problem disappeared without having to redownload or restart. Have attached the file here.

Though the Mindy Casandra and the Hope Fate choice still brought up the same "Hrm I would rather not disturb Fate's personal problems" line at the end of conversation just didn't get stuck in the loop and would show the group of 4 together but then would switch back to show the 3 groups.

Last edited:
Reactions: Displayme

Lancastle

Dev of The Dragonspire
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Found the fix. The full game zip download from Aug 08 2023 is the issue. I tried multiple site and was strange as they had different sizes for the DL but all had the issues with new playthrough or previous saves. But was able to find the script update for 1.0 to 1.1 on another site as the links here are broken and the problem disappeared without having to redownload or restart. Have attached the file here.

Though the Mindy Casandra and the Hope Fate choice still brought up the same "Hrm I would rather not disturb Fate's personal problems" line at the end of conversation just didn't get stuck in the loop and would show the group of 4 together but then would switch back to show the 3 groups.
Strange, glad to know it's been narrowed. V1.1 was my patch fix for that event.

Reactions: Isabella69

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Episode 2: The Trials (Patreon) 2024-04-19
Full Version: Ep2-1.0
PC: -
MAC:
Update Only from Ep1 to Ep2:
PC:

MAC:

• Some UI changes
  • New load-up screen
  • New main menu
  • Two new girls to unlock (If you missed them in episode 1)
  • New pixies to find (which also means new images)
  • New sex scenes
  • New game mechanic (Fighting)
P.S. Plz don't ping me in case of possible dead links coz it's working on moment of posting and I have no ability/intention to reupload in case of files deletion by game developer. Also I didn't tested this release so use it on own risk.

2.50 star(s) 8 Votes