VN Ren'Py Completed The Edge Of [v1.0] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

3.70 star(s) 42 Votes
Aug 8, 2017
The game really does make the MC out to be an impulsive idiot and unable to read between the lines. And the final "choice" just went to trivialize mental health all in itself.
can i ask how much asshole? I didn't play the game but I'm thinking about playing I want 1 spoiler of what kind of mc I play

Mar 12, 2018
Came here from apblu to see their other works

I wont lie this is like

infinitely more brutal jfc
I didn't play apblu, only this one, but from the premise I assumed that apblu would be more hardcore, that with the former bully stealing the girls and whatnot... If you rate this as "definitely more brutal", then I guess that apblu is rather vanilla in terms of ntr?

Reactions: ohhaiguize

Requiem1102

May 28, 2023
I didn't play apblu, only this one, but from the premise I assumed that apblu would be more hardcore, that with the former bully stealing the girls and whatnot... If you rate this as "definitely more brutal", then I guess that apblu is rather vanilla in terms of ntr?
Well okay now that im thinking about it

in the edge of, the mc was at least a jackass whos unlikable, still doesn’t excuse beth or drew, the whole false rape scene was fucked up, but I wont lie, imo i think the manipulation into thinking everything was a hallucination was a worse ending than a lot of the stuff in apblu the only ending there I could be comparable is fallen hero and even then at worst harry becomes a cuck right?

here sam is disregarded completely and treated like utter dogshit while being gaslit into thinking its his illness (which has played a genuine part in all this) the main reason we’re even in this mess is cause the virus went and made sam more weaker, thus bro became much more paranoid and ruder,Even though hes a jackass I still felt bad when he’s berated about his sex life when a genuine virus is the cause he cant control that

I wont lie though, he did kinda ask for it

he didnt take her pleasure into account, nor was he attempting too either, his paranoia brought him here but in a place he didnt deserve, at worst dude deserves to be cheated on then eventually divorced in a humanefashion, instead hes gaslit into being a human atm until he dies and hes believing it was all a lie that its in his head, honestly rather fucked up for a ending dude is gonna either work until he literally dies from overwork, or just end up as a literal lifeless puppet

I supported beth at first she definitely deserves better at first, but using someone elses illness to inhumanely ruin them imo is beyond too far

I would rather a lot of the endings in apblu lmao

On second thought though it could be said maybe apblu is a bit more crazier

Cucking someone by taking their girlfriend and mom and then impregnating them is crazy ngl, same for like the future ending, having what was basically the “no I didnt make the website” ending but broadcasted in front of your team with an already pregnant wife too boot, so maybe im still on my “holy shit I need time to process what just happened” phase and im overreacting who knows

Last edited:

Alphaix

Dec 21, 2018
Came back to read Beth's perspective and it didn't show what came later kinda shame I like how ridiculous the wife's thoughts were becoming too bad it ended near the best parts lmao

BudgetPro

Nov 11, 2020
whether you created a cucking site
basically if you say no then the narrative is that your wife was "forced"

but if you say yes then the story is a bit longer and it reveals your wife enjoyed it in the end.

So either way shes cheating but your decision is whether its your fault or not. At least thats how i took it.

But the game is one of the few that is properly Netorare. unfortunately the tag "NTR" is used much more broadly and conflated with the term "Non Traditional Romance" often, so some people may be confused or unprepared because a ton of games have the NTR tag but almost zero of them actually have a Netorare focused story like this.

This personally isnt a genre I crave, but I will say this game is pretty solid in terms of getting the Netorare experience from the "victim's" point of view, though the first portion feels a little forced, you have to put yourself in that mindset, believing your wife is cheating, to empathize with the husband. If you get the ick in the first hour, this probably isnt a game for you. People how have ptsd from being cheated on should probably not play actual NTR games lol

willmirandez

Sep 2, 2020
basically if you say no then the narrative is that your wife was "forced"

but if you say yes then the story is a bit longer and it reveals your wife enjoyed it in the end.

So either way shes cheating but your decision is whether its your fault or not. At least thats how i took it.

But the game is one of the few that is properly Netorare. unfortunately the tag "NTR" is used much more broadly and conflated with the term "Non Traditional Romance" often, so some people may be confused or unprepared because a ton of games have the NTR tag but almost zero of them actually have a Netorare focused story like this.

This personally isnt a genre I crave, but I will say this game is pretty solid in terms of getting the Netorare experience from the "victim's" point of view, though the first portion feels a little forced, you have to put yourself in that mindset, believing your wife is cheating, to empathize with the husband. If you get the ick in the first hour, this probably isnt a game for you. People how have ptsd from being cheated on should probably not play actual NTR games lol
Do you have any suggestions for games that correctly portray NTR? As this has been one of the few that I've actually enjoyed that have been true NTR stories.

godspeeedx

May 5, 2020
Great game!
The first one to make me write a comment.

Am I the only one who thought that there was a secret 4th guy behind the scenes during the Sam playthroough? I hoped it was somebody from Beth's work, an "orphaned junkie sex-giant" kinda-guy. It was suggested in her work's description and I didn't buy the whole William thing from the start..

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
For a NTR focused VN, this one was decently interesting, even if it still hits the usual cliches of sexually incompetent cuck, sexually inexperienced but totally needy soon-to-be slut and chad with an enormous dick and sex skill over 9000.

However, the interesting twist here is that Sam is about as sympathetic as a turd... Like. Seriously. Is anyone supposed to like this guy? Playing his perspective caused me to facepalm less than 5-minutes in. While I definitely agree that things went waaaaaay too far in the end... at the same time, the whole situation was entirely his fault from the start and he kept making all the wrong choices without even thinking about it for a moment.

That's actually impressive tbh.

Lately, the cuck is some generic, often spineless nice-guy. 'Twas a nice twist to see a story where the cuck deserves to be cucked, even if things in the end were taken way too far... but at the very least he absolutely, totally, without a doubt, deserved to lose Beth.

I didn't expect to get a bit of the warm and fuzzies in a NTR story of all things. A kinetic novel with no choices at that.

• Angry
Reactions: Ghost'Xo

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
The game really does make the MC out to be an impulsive idiot and unable to read between the lines. And the final "choice" just went to trivialize mental health all in itself.
Just trying the VN, but to me he doesn't sound like and idiot, more like a narcistic dickhead, his girl should act and do like his wims want it, sex should be like he wants, when he comes home wife should be in the kitchen cooking and if she doesn't he start yeling at her and inside blame her for cheating, to be honest now I wish when I play her perspective she cheats on him with all the good looking guys who appreciate her and treat her like a respected young lady, the dickhead of a husband just don't deserve her.

Edit1: Most sad of all is the way he acts to her, just is the more reason to cheat on him, if you can't build a relation on trust and communication then it ment to falter eventualy, everytime he question her motives, her behaviour, he clearly just has no trust in her, probably because he was in his youth the one who constant fucked around with many other girls and never faithfull, but now he can't anymore due circumstances he try to controle his love and force her to his wims which is bad.

Edit2: there is one way he is an idiot though, which guy doesn't like a good cowgirl ride, I sure do love it, least I can admire my girl her body that way and fondle her while she does the work. But when watching at his dick, I'm not sure how to handle it, it so small, it like a shriveled shrimp, not taller then a small mushroom, i've never seen such small dicks unless it was a little kid, but that normal.

Last edited:

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Nah, he's an idiot for more than what you just said. Like... for example... who the fuck trusts the guy they bullied horribly in the past to help them set up peeping cameras to catch their wife cheating? Like. Hello? Are you dumb?! You can't even properly verify if he's fucking with you or not in terms of set-up because you're too technically challenged for it... and you're gonna trust this random weirdo who may or may not have ill intentions towards you?

I dunno about anyone else, but hell, if I'd have bullied anyone in school or highschool and later ran into them, I wouldn't trust them with anything important. Though to be fair, I was never stupid enough TO bully people, at least, not intentionally... and the kind of people that turn bullying into an outright habit tend to not be the smartest in more ways than one.

I think we can all agree that Sam definitely didn't deserve Beth. At all. The useless prick...

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Nah, he's an idiot for more than what you just said. Like... for example... who the fuck trusts the guy they bullied horribly in the past to help them set up peeping cameras to catch their wife cheating? Like. Hello? Are you dumb?! You can't even properly verify if he's fucking with you or not in terms of set-up because you're too technically challenged for it... and you're gonna trust this random weirdo who may or may not have ill intentions towards you?

I dunno about anyone else, but hell, if I'd have bullied anyone in school or highschool and later ran into them, I wouldn't trust them with anything important. Though to be fair, I was never stupid enough TO bully people, at least, not intentionally... and the kind of people that turn bullying into an outright habit tend to not be the smartest in more ways than one.

I think we can all agree that Sam definitely didn't deserve Beth. At all. The useless prick...
I just finished both sides, I can say this VN is very realistic in psychology and manipulation, yes I have to agree now he is an Idiot, but he is also a Narcistic prick at same time. I have been twice in a simular situation, where my girlfriend didn't trust me and constant blamed me on cheating, which I never did, but the last one I did slip once and started to fall for another girl because i was sick of the fighting and blamings on me. He shouldn't have trusted that guy that is for sure, but he was already working on his girl before he met him, so even if he never met him and he kept blaming his wife for cheating, she would have come across a guy who does respect her and make her cheat on her husband. I can only say he deserves to be cheated on because he took for granted he had a special girl, sometimes wish I met such girl, but yea I'm happy I still get fun with any girl I want and don't have to worry of cheating, as single guy that has it perks, but I did had once a dream of being married and children and all, but thanks the wrong girls cheating on me, I choose another path in real.

Reactions: 6string420

EmmanPlaysEveryGame

Oct 25, 2018
I don't know if this has been requested for attention but the mega link is not working, indicating that "The file you were trying to Download is unavailable" or so something along those lines. Thank you

DGArchangel

Jul 14, 2018
Nah the Ntr went to far on this one. shouldve put them 6 feet under and move on... Just steal the wife , no need to ruin the MC whole life. Bruh , i wouldve gone full Jigsaw mode on them both. "i would like to play a little game" except The only thing they see at the end of it is false hope of escaping My Game. Fck i'm so pissed rn... I gonna make them both fight for their life and betraying each other in my jigsaw game fr fr... Yea... I think i need to stay away from Ntr game for a while... Game got me so mad...

3.70 star(s) 42 Votes