VN Ren'Py Completed The Edge Of [v1.0] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

3.70 star(s) 42 Votes

Edelvays

Jan 3, 2018
The art was good, so I decided to give it a try. I'm not particularly fond of NTR themes and don't engage with them often, so perhaps I'm missing something, but isn't the whole thing supposed to be about "the anguish of losing someone dear"? In this case, the MC wife is clearly an awful and vile being. How then, can one sympathize with her being "stolen"? Besides that, it's just a sad story of a guy losing job and friends for stupid reasons.
THe scenes are good tho

Eleyon

Oct 14, 2020
The art was good, so I decided to give it a try. I'm not particularly fond of NTR themes and don't engage with them often, so perhaps I'm missing something, but isn't the whole thing supposed to be about "the anguish of losing someone dear"? In this case, the MC wife is clearly an awful and vile being. How then, can one sympathize with her being "stolen"? Besides that, it's just a sad story of a guy losing job and friends for stupid reasons.
THe scenes are good tho
Yeah... ultimately this is NTR. I just left a post on another HangoverCat game and even though at this point I can conclude that NTR isn't really my thing either, mainly because they hinge on the fact that the protagonist has to act in unrealistic ways in order for the story to continue and for the cheater to not get exposed, ridiculed and shunned as they naturally would. Cheaters aren't liked, nor are they celebrated which is why this genre isn't looked up on favorably by most.

I don't look for revenge in NTRs whenever I partake in them, I would just like a rational, realistic, and relatable thinking protagonist. It's why for me, choice based NTRs are how they should be. It's why Girlfriend Tapes falling off the map was sad for me. It was one of those NTRs I played that built into a nice twist and you HAD that choice. Additionally, after making your choice to realistically tell the girl to go fuck herself (or not), you get a glimpse of what the MC does after their decision. How he gets over it, what he does, if he moves on, if he seeks revenge, if he becomes a cuck, if he works to win her back, if they feel guilty. Sadly it got abandoned, but these are the kinds of things I would love for NTR to explore. The AFTERMATH of how the story unfolds from there instead of the stories always hinging on a protagonist acting purposefully stupid in a Patrick Star capacity to the cheating that is blatantly happening in their face all because 'the show must go on'.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
It still surprises me that people can be even vaguely sympathetic towards Sam of all people when the cheating happens at all because he's a complete and total moron that didn't trust or respect his wife... and then on top of that went and trusted the guy he bullied horribly in school.

Sure, what he got in the end was way too much... but let's be honest here... Beth was a perfectly loving wife up until he started treating her increasingly like garbage for no good reason. That's on top of the fact that he was a pretty shitty husband before that too. The civil thing would have been to just get divorced from the guy, obviously... but NTR tends to be ridiculous like this.

Also, I still don't know where that definition of NTR started from... the one about it being "about causing anguish" yada yada.

Pretty sure no one's feeling anguish when reading all those SAO NTR doujins out there... or any other NTR doujin of whichever popular or not so popular mainstream media out there. Based on what I know NTR was a thing before it popped up in VNs with the current perspective system that puts such a high emphasis on the cuck... but whatever.

It's always interesting to see people's takes on stuff like this.

sdadsadsadsadzzxxzx

Dec 6, 2022
Is the FeMc route worth it? I liked the game but felt like the ending was rushed, doesn't help the fact that the MC is a human garbage that you really can't feel sorry for.

3.70 star(s) 42 Votes