3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Because of the narrator voice, i had to set a fixed name. If I remove the voice, I'll add the choice.

Maybe I will just add the option: disable voice change the name or keep voice keep the name

Last edited:

Libita

Mar 25, 2019
Because of the narrator voice, i had to set a fixed name. If I remove the voice, I'll add the choice.

Maybe I will just add the option: disable voice change the name or keep voice keep the name
You could also offer the rename, then couple it with a warning that the name won't match the spoken word.

Reactions: Lumifel

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
You could also offer the rename, then couple it with a warning that the name won't match the spoken word.
Yeah, the 3 options are valid. I will try it on the next update. I've received bad feedbacks about the voice (i like it myself and i enjoy generating it), but i need to make it more optional than it already is.

I was thinking that leaving it on by default with the voice audio level in the preferences was enough but it's not haha.

That's the reason why getting feedback is important, good and bad.

Last edited:

djxplod

Mar 2, 2022
Yeah, the 3 options are valid. I will try it on the next update. I've received bad feedbacks about the voice (i like it myself and i enjoy generating it), but i need to make it more optional than it already is.

I was thinking that leaving it on by default with the voice audio level in the preferences was enough but it's not haha.

That's the reason why getting feedback is important, good and bad.
Personally I love the narration, maybe if it was a bit quicker would be nice but theres hardly any games with voice narration.

Also, does the end of this update stop at the suit case? I'm stuck on that part.

**UPDATE**

Next option is to press on the pillow.

Reactions: Lumifel

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Personally I love the narration, maybe if it was a bit quicker would be nice but theres hardly any games with voice narration.

Also, does the end of this update stop at the suit case? I'm stuck on that part.

**UPDATE**

Next option is to press on the pillow.
Yeah i agree the speed but finding the balance between a expressive voice and speed is a bit hard. Generally it's fast, it sounds like everything is an order

Ackerlight

Donor
Jun 5, 2018
I am really impressed that you are doing so much of this with AI generated art and story. I am not sure what your workflow looks like but its definitely impressive with what you are able to achieve.

My only feedback on the narration may be that it is strictly female. The story however is from a male perspective. Maybe alternate between male/female narration depending on the speaker or their thoughts?

Last edited:

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I am really impressed that you are doing so much of this with AI generated art and story. I am not sure what your workflow looks like but its definitely impressive with what you are able to achieve.
Thanks. Yeah regarding the workflow, i've done a lot of trial and error before starting creating the VN. AI is great but it's bad at doing something consistent, that's why i can't do real animation.

My only feedback on the narration may be that it is strictly female. The story however is from a male perspective. Maybe alternate between male/female narration depending on the speaker or their thoughts?
Yeah i know, but getting a good and expressive voice with AI TTS is a pain in the butt to find. I didn't want to use a clone of someone else voice so between a good female voice (no deepfake for short and i like it better for erotic scene), and an average male voice i've made this choice.

ideally i would love to make a voice for each characters, it's possible, but it's too much time for me ATM.

Last edited:

Ackerlight

Donor
Jun 5, 2018
I think if this is your first game keep it simple. Do not go into too many branching paths. Those can definitely be a nightmare. Focus on the story narration and images as needed. Animation sounds good, but it can be a double edged sword. In RenPy anyway animation always seems a bit forced. If this was Unity or Unreal Engine it may be different since they naturally support animation and exports much better.

As someone viewing this as a VN, I would want to focus on general content and story progression. I really feel many authors get lost in the technical side and then people get frustrated with small updates or authors that constantly go back to rework the technical side as they learn. You will probably have your hands full just doing basic renders. So definitely I would not worry about animation for now. Maybe at most a few scene transitions or something but not something to focus on. Good art and a good story goes a long way.

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I think if this is your first game keep it simple. Do not go into too many branching paths. Those can definitely be a nightmare. Focus on the story narration and images as needed. Animation sounds good, but it can be a double edged sword. In RenPy anyway animation always seems a bit forced. If this was Unity or Unreal Engine it may be different since they naturally support animation and exports much better.

As someone viewing this as a VN, I would want to focus on general content and story progression. I really feel many authors get lost in the technical side and then people get frustrated with small updates or authors that constantly go back to rework the technical side as they learn. You will probably have your hands full just doing basic renders. So definitely I would not worry about animation for now. Maybe at most a few scene transitions or something but not something to focus on. Good art and a good story goes a long way.
I totally agree.That's a reason why i've tagged it as a kinetic novel. I don't feel like branching the story, and it fits more my taste anyway.

Regarding animation, i will keep doing small one like the blinking eyes, or the clock, it's easy to do, especially the eyes are done with the AI. Outside that i will avoid.

Ackerlight

Donor
Jun 5, 2018
I think that is a good call. I did like the blinking eyes. That was a pretty cool touch and unique.

About the branching paths, I have some concern about the card deck. If it is meant as a plot element that is one thing. But if the reader chooses which card that could lock you into doing a lot of renders per update. Especially if you add the advanced (below the line) options with different toys, positions for repeats, etc... If it is meant to be more or less just a plot element and say that "Today card 1 was drawn from the deck by Nara" then go into a fixed scene that follows a narration/story flow that would be something different. Then maybe give the option to choose a card more or less as a gallery option to replay a story scene or something for the reader.

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I think that is a good call. I did like the blinking eyes. That was a pretty cool touch and unique.

About the branching paths, I have some concern about the card deck. If it is meant as a plot element that is one thing. But if the reader chooses which card that could lock you into doing a lot of renders per update. Especially if you add the advanced (below the line) options with different toys, positions for repeats, etc... If it is meant to be more or less just a plot element and say that "Today card 1 was drawn from the deck by Nara" then go into a fixed scene that follows a narration/story flow that would be something different. Then maybe give the option to choose a card more or less as a gallery option to replay a story scene or something for the reader.
At first, i'm planning to do one fixed card per day, to not drown on renders. But after a while when i've built a collection of scene if i can i will move to something more random.

I will make all the scene nude and add the clothing after (should also be a nice bonus), with the IA it's actually easier to do it like that.
That way i will just have to render the clothings for the corresponding days. But that's probably something i will make much later. For starter i will just give the illusion of her drawing a random card when in reality the card of each day will be fixed.

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
Somethings up with the VN... can't contineu any further then the suitcase. i press at the object that highlights when hover over it but nothing happens. book has already been pressed on....

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Somethings up with the VN... can't contineu any further then the suitcase. i press at the object that highlights when hover over it but nothing happens. book has already been pressed on....
I

I shouldn't have left this interaction On, I'm sorry I didn't think it would block some people. I should have at least added a line here.

After the suitcase and the book, the pillow should be selectable to move on.

Reactions: KeShane

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
2nd pic in OP - quite authentic gial . i thought it was RP.
what about 4th OP pic (gial with headphone) - is it a render? also looks like a real human.
PS that bjblonde gial eye color is distracting . kinda breaks realness . yet overall on that pov bj screenshot she looks very close to real. pics of (the same) girl dressed/undressed- eye color def makes her more like a doll (non-human, non authentic human repiica, meaning immersion downgrade from the achieved higher level)

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes