1.80 star(s) 5 Votes

ART2024

Apr 3, 2024
Next update. You can take some characters to the restaurant.
Well... You diddnt answer any of my questions..... I cant do anythinig after Helen wants the jobb,,,,,, Is it suppossed to be like this????????
I asked 3 times allready !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ART2024

Apr 3, 2024
I started the game, all the dialogs until Helen ask me for a job and i get the text TO BE CONTINUED....
I checked all the posts.... The code 2004??? Where is it coming from??? Did Mom said that and i missed it???
I tried 2004, yes i came into the room and ..... NOTHING....
You are talking about skillpoints???? What skillpoints??? Where can you see them????
Buying books??? Where, convinience store??? Nothing to click on....
Theres nothng to click on...No story to follow...
Working at the hotel??? Nothing to click on....
What restaurant ticket?
Any advice???
ame Dev...... But answer me......

Reactions: MrDarkWingDuck

JRBGames

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2020
Comecei o jogo, todos os diálogos até que Helen me pediu emprego e recebi o texto PARA CONTINUAR....
Verifiquei todos os posts.... O código 2004??? De onde isto está vindo??? Mamãe disse isso e eu perdi???
Tentei em 2004, sim entrei na sala e ..... NADA....
Você está falando de pontos de habilidade???? Quais pontos de habilidade??? Onde você pode vê-los????
Comprando livros??? Onde, loja de conveniência??? Nada para clicar....
Não há nada para clicar... Nenhuma história para seguir...
Trabalhando no hotel??? Nada para clicar....
Qual ingresso de restaurante?
Algum conselho???
ame Dev...... Mas me responda......
[/CITAR]
Hi, I believe you have downloaded the previous version, because in this new version the password is no longer 2004 and the game does not end with Helen asking for a job. Did you download this version 0.02?

MrDarkWingDuck

Jul 9, 2023
What in the actual fuck is this supposed to be? Their is 0 ways to progress, top that, YOU CAN'T EVEN READ 90% of the dialogue so you have no idea what to do or what's going on. Sad, this game looks like it has promise but as of now, just don't waist your time on this game. I literally just exited the game and wtf... I literally went to the police department every hour for 2 days and this so call female cop never shows up...... Did the same to the City Hall, same result, big fat nothing. You are a moron to use white for dialogue, when 90% of your renders are whit and bright.... You literally can't follow the story, the game right there is bad. Whomever the creator to this game, dude do better. You all creators need to stop putting 1/4 assed into your game and post it... Stop putting these likable games out, imagine if you just waited, this game would be amazing.. But Nope....

JRBGames

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2020
What in the actual fuck is this supposed to be? Their is 0 ways to progress, top that, YOU CAN'T EVEN READ 90% of the dialogue so you have no idea what to do or what's going on. Sad, this game looks like it has promise but as of now, just don't waist your time on this game. I literally just exited the game and wtf... I literally went to the police department every hour for 2 days and this so call female cop never shows up...... Did the same to the City Hall, same result, big fat nothing. You are a moron to use white for dialogue, when 90% of your renders are whit and bright.... You literally can't follow the story, the game right there is bad. Whomever the creator to this game, dude do better. You all creators need to stop putting 1/4 assed into your game and post it... Stop putting these likable games out, imagine if you just waited, this game would be amazing.. But Nope....
Calm down friend, you don't need to express so much anger, it's just a game. You didn't waste a dollar downloading and playing it. Everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes in game programming there are things that go unnoticed and this becomes an opportunity for improvement. Take cyberpunk for example. The first release of this game sucked. But with some constructive comments I fixed it. I'll never be able to please everyone, but I'll do my best. Can you tell me where you weren't able to progress so I can help you?

• Red Heart
Reactions: buktccbfc71

Rainmaker709

Feb 28, 2023
Calm down friend, you don't need to express so much anger, it's just a game. You didn't waste a dollar downloading and playing it. Everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes in game programming there are things that go unnoticed and this becomes an opportunity for improvement. Take cyberpunk for example. The first release of this game sucked. But with some constructive comments I fixed it. I'll never be able to please everyone, but I'll do my best. Can you tell me where you weren't able to progress so I can help you?
On one hand, yes that was a bit of a overreaction. On the other, his points are very valid.

You should not have put this out until you had at least another 6-18 months of work on it as this is very very rough. Like 1/10 rough.

Issues:
1. The WORST by far is that you have white text with NO dropshadow, NO text box, and NO outline. This makes 90% of the dialog in the game unreadable. This makes all of us wonder if you have ANY care at all about this project as it is noticable in the first 30 SECONDS of the intro. Literal 8th line of dialog has white text on white background.

2. I would guess that Russian is your mother language. Nothing wrong with that but the English is rough and there are no other language options so really need to get some help with the script. Edit: Looks like Portuguese from responses. Guessed Russian because a bunch of assets are in Russian.)

3. File resolutions are all over the place. Pick one and re-render EVERYTHING in that resolution. For a .02, you should not be at 2+ Gb already.

4. You have stats. You have stat requirements. You have NO clearly shown way of raising those stats. You have a dialog option requiring more than 10 in a stat in a REQUIRED dialog in the first 5 MINUTES of the game. (Conversation with Hellen after entering 314)

5. Economy is absolutely borked. Only income is the front desk which pays $15? Really? I assume the books are your current method to increase stats. So book costs $150. So you want me to start game, immediately go to hotel, work twice, go home and rest till tomorrow, and repeat 55 MORE TIMES to get enough stats for said Conversation with Hellen? And that is just assuming that the book raises the stat by 1 and is rebuyable. (Which I am not going to waste time verifying)

6. Every single click eats time. There is a reason that almost no one does this anymore. Are you doing it to have a way to advance time? You can sleep for that. If you need to, add a "Wait" button on the main map. Are you doing it to only trigger events at certain times? Most players are going to miss huge chunks of things just because they are in the right place but at the slightly wrong time. Players hate this kind of system.

Either hide or remove the conversation options until getting said stats is actually feasible. Same with new areas. Hide them until there is something there to do.

Also really? Comparing yourself to CP2077? That was a good game with 20,000+ hours of dev time and tens of millions of lines of code that was too ambitious and had bugs that they needed to fix. This is a summer game jam by someone that is just learning to code. There is nothing wrong with that but check the ego.

Last edited:

BatGyro

Aug 20, 2020
Is it me or anyone else can't read most of the dialogues because of the poor choice of font color?
I mean is it usual to select white font while the background is white too? I wonder.. :unsure:

B10

Jun 25, 2017
Okay guys.... Now im really confused.... I started the game, all the dialogs until Helen ask me for a job and i get the text TO BE CONTINUED....
I checked all the posts.... The code 2004??? Where is it coming from??? Did Mom said that and i missed it???
I tried 2004, yes i came into the room and ..... NOTHING....
You are talking about skillpoints???? What skillpoints??? Where can you see them????
Buying books??? Where, convinience store??? Nothing to click on....
Theres nothng to click on...No story to follow...
Working at the hotel??? Nothing to click on....
What restaurant ticket?
Any advice???
1995 is the correct number

Reactions: JRBGames

wolfilein

Mar 1, 2019
so i have jane licked at pool and now i can nothing more? when i ast in her room after midnight only how are you is an option

JRBGames

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2020
então jane lambeu na piscina e agora não posso mais nada? quando eu pergunto no quarto dela depois da meia-noite, apenas como você está é uma opção
[/CITAR]
Tem a cena da punheta na piscina que é a última animação com ela na piscina.

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
oh shit too much drama like the looks of that ebony milf....shame dev is a little edgy ....i can understand his perspective ,...is his child so he is taking care of it,but man ,you are missing so many players points by argueing everytime someone ask why where how .....a real shame

MrDarkWingDuck

Jul 9, 2023
I literally explained everything in that post. I'll be nice, The words/dialogue/any text in the whole game, It's white, almost every scene has a lot of white so they blend together and so ya can't read it... Like, I literally tell you whats wrong and even explained why I thought so. Like what, I broke it down Barney style(a toddler could follow and see the issue. Cause if I recall, your game is pretty amazing. I only have 1 issue and it's literally makes the game unplayable. The Dialogue(the words/letters that appear on screen while playing the game) is WHITE, 90% of your game has white or bright colors that swallow the words cause there white. Do I have to say it again?

MrDarkWingDuck

Jul 9, 2023
Obviously, You don't give a shit about this game(sad cause for your first game, that's a feat in itself. That means Awesome) and all you have to do is fix some little problems that's making you game unplayable. Like you straight up said you'll do w/e whenever... This hurts my heart because I was hoping you take what we said and apply it but no, you have to be a douche and throw away a game that could likely make you rich. If you would just check the ego, and listen. We want to help, angry or not, I wouldn't post a comment if I didn't care about you and your game we wouldn't be here. But no, you choose to break peoples hearts and have the audacity to tell me to calm down. I care more about your dm game then you do, that's just sad....

JRBGames

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2020
Obviamente, você não dá a mínima para este jogo (uma causa triste para o seu primeiro jogo, isso é uma façanha por si só. Isso significa incrível) e tudo o que você precisa fazer é consertar alguns pequenos problemas que estão tornando seu jogo impossível de jogar. Como você disse que faria sempre que quisesse... Isso machuca meu coração porque eu esperava que você pegasse o que dissemos e aplicasse, mas não, você tem que ser um idiota e jogar fora um jogo que provavelmente poderia fazer seu rico. Se você apenas verificasse o ego e ouvisse. Queremos ajudar, bravos ou não, eu não postaria comentário se não me importasse com você e seu jogo não estaríamos aqui. Mas não, você escolhe partir o coração das pessoas e tem a audácia de me dizer para me acalmar. Eu me importo mais com o seu jogo de DM do que você, isso é muito triste...
[/CITAR]
Olá, boa tarde, peço desculpas porque é frustrante se esforçar em alguma coisa e acabar quebrando a cara, mas foi tudo erro meu. E todas as críticas que estou corrigindo no jogo. Eu reativei a janela de diálogo. Porque nenhum dos diálogos era realmente legível. Adoro trabalhar com isso, mas programar não é meu forte e por isso vou esperar até ter um pouco mais de dinheiro e deixar um programador assumir essa parte e pretendo trabalhar apenas nas renderizações.

1.80 star(s) 5 Votes