MacDoobie

Mar 3, 2019
I'm pretty sure he is following the recommendations of his supporters. Because at the moment, his supporters want him to make the games the way it is. He won't follow the recommendations from those who don't support him.
Some people speak like they are big sponsors. But in fact they only support $1 because they still can download the game for free on F95. Support $1, say the routes are suck and want the dev to change the game.
Which will the dev follow? The recommendations from his true supporters who download from him? Or the recommemdations from those who download here?
I think the dev is not stupid enough to change the game to follow the recommendations from those who download the game for free and abandon his true supporters.
Why am I so sure about that?
Because I'm the MILF Adult Games Creator.
Wow. Your stereotype is a bit insulting to a lot of people. I personally find games here first, and if they are good and I play them for any length of time - then I support the developers on patreon or where ever. I guess I am not a 'true supporter' by your definition. I left my review for this one the other day...and I am not alone in my thoughts. This game is a mess at this time.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I'm pretty sure he is following the recommendations of his supporters.
Making a game based on what your fans want as opposed to what you want is what lead to this situation in the first place. All it does is give a game half assed content, which was this games "love" path.

Also most of the complaints are about the writing.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Each person has a different taste. If you think the game is terrible, just don't touch it and leave it alone. Because if it's terrible as you say, he will soon give up the project because there are not enough people support him.
But if there are people supporting him and the number of supporters still increases, why should he follow your recommendations and abandon his current supporters?
One dude gave his reason for stopping his support and your acting like that's him dictating the direction of the game, hes not. No one is suggesting the dev should cater to a single person or demographic, in fact that exactly the opposite of what he should do, The dev should create what hes passionate about. As should you. Hes doing exactly as you say, leaving it alone.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
My passionate is doing what our patrons want. What I should do and should not do, must I listen to you or listen to myself and my supporters?
Leave it alone is what I told you, I didn't talk about him (who is he?).
Oh you were talking to me? I assumed you were talking to the guy you first quoted, next time you should reply to make that clear. As for leaving the game alone I have, I haven't played it in awhile, and I won't be playing it again till its finished.

Also do whatever you want with your game, at this point I could care less. If you want to make a game catered to your patreons rather then what you want all I can say is good luck, because it will be a repeat of this game.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Oh you were talking to me? I assumed you were talking to the guy you first quoted, next time you should reply to make that clear. As for leaving the game alone I have, I haven't played it in awhile, and I won't be playing it again till its finished.

Also do whatever you want with your game, at this point I could care less. If you want to make a game catered to your patreons rather then what you want all I can say is good luck, because it will be a repeat of this game.
Bro..give it up..isnt worth the effort you put into chatting in this thread..this game is a dead WTF ..so like the stinking corpse it is..walk away and cover your nose...NOW..go try the game i have linked in my status from earlier today...its amazing.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Bro..give it up..isnt worth the effort you put into chatting in this thread..this game is a dead WTF ..so like the stinking corpse it is..walk away and cover your nose...NOW..go try the game i have linked in my status from earlier today...its amazing.
Listen ok, this is thread is a dumpster fire, I can't not look at it every now and then, Its like Darth Smut's old thread when he still wasn't banned. Also I've already played LomL, in fact I was talking to the dev about the game long before it was on here. Still can't get over the way Denise looks despite me loving her character. Rest of the renders are great though.

BeastMaster59

Jun 12, 2017
I'm pretty sure he is following the recommendations of his supporters. Because at the moment, his supporters want him to make the games the way it is. He won't follow the recommendations from those who don't support him.
Some people speak like they are big sponsors. But in fact they only support $1 because they still can download the game for free on F95. Support $1, say the routes are suck and want the dev to change the game.
Which will the dev follow? The recommendations from his true supporters who download from him? Or the recommemdations from those who download here?
I think the dev is not stupid enough to change the game to follow the recommendations from those who download the game for free and abandon his true supporters.
Why am I so sure about that?
Because I'm the MILF Adult Games Creator, a childhood friend of the dev of The Engagement. Maxx is my English name.
I'm not saying that a dev should follow what his supporters suggest, because sometimes suggestions of supporters are not good either, like I have stated tons of times, but it still is not proper that if a supporter suggests something and the dev doesn't like it, he just tells the guy not to follow him anymore..... Because he doesn't like his suggestions.....
So what happens then, no more suggestions about the game anymore.
How stuckup can a Dev get????.
It would just had been simple to explain why he will or wants to stick to his path, and not listen to his paying supporters, and it doesn't matter if they pay 1$ or 100$.
Thats why I'm supporting 10+ Devs on Patreon, I never ask to follow my recommendations, but I like it when they reply to my questions, if they don't then that's OK also, and if they tell me to unfollow them that is OK also.
So let him stick to his 5 minutes of gameplay per Update.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
I bet if 5k worth of Ntr haters pledged and his polls changed he might whistle a different tune.
This game is to poorly done to ever reach that type of pledge. i rather that be spended on worthy developers like dr Pinkcake and phillygames these types of developers really care how a game is done right.

Read my above comment. He knew that people here would delete their pledges but he still argued. As a result, he lost $50. At the moment, he has $619 in pledges. Which means he lost more than 8% because $50 was in the past. But he won't change to get back those $50. =))
btw how do you know he even makes 600 + worth pledges ?? he only has 110 supporters nothing else is visible unless your the game developer it self diguising with a different forum name ?

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
This game is to poorly done to ever reach that type of pledge. i rather that be spended on worthy developers like dr Pinkcake and phillygames these types of developers really care how a game is done right.
Its a hypothetical, not many adult creators can make anywhere near that. However with his renders, if he could hire a good writer, or maybe touch up on his, I think he could. Also instead of supporting those, that already have footholds in the industry try Gates Motel or Light of my Life.

Reactions: Dependable_223

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Its a hypothetical, not many adult creators can make anywhere near that. However with his renders, if he could hire a good writer, or maybe touch up on his, I think he could. Also instead of supporting those, that already have footholds in the industry try Gates Motel or Light of my Life.
the renders are good but the story really need to be done completely from the ground up. Right now it is an incoherent mess there is no build up. character background is no go. it reallt needs a remaster.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Gates Motel dev only makes $441 at the moment, when he makes $619.
I wonder why people support him much more than Gates Motel though Gates Motel was released before The Engagement.
Money≠quality. You can easily see the difference between the two threads in not only reviews, but general attitude. As for why it makes more I would say its primarily 2 reasons, Marketing, and the NTR community. First one doesn't need to be explained, the second does. The NTR community, while being home to one of the most divisive fetishes, is also one of the most dedicated. They will attach themselves to any game because they don't have a lot of games that cater to their fetish, as opposed to something like incest which there's A LOT of games for.
But anyone can guess how much NTR Adult Games can reach? I want to negotiate with him again about the debt. =))
Which leads me to this, while a lot of the NTR community will support you almost no matter what, because of how NTR works and how divisive it is, its going to turn off a lot of potential Patreons. Even if its made 100% optional a lot people will see that it has NTR and walk away right there, so the there will be a wall he wont be able to cross eventually. This is the situation Seeds of Chaos have found themselves in, they make a absolutely great job at everything in the game, from CG to writing, but they've hit this wall.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Many NTR games out there can't reach $400 though they are here for a year. Even for NTR genre, there are difference between devs. But you're right about he has more pledges because he makes NTR when Gates Motel doesn't. But also because of that, people who want to play NTR games won't play Gates Motel no matter how many times you tell them.

I'm new in this kind of industry so I accepted his bet about reaching $5,000. If you guys don't think so, I must deal with him again. =))
That's not true, I, while not a huge fan of NTR, I do enjoy it. For example I thought My Girlfriends Amnesia was a great game. NTR fans wont just play NTR games, they play all kinds of games, even if NTR is their favorite. Its almost like a one way door if you want to think of it like that. NTR fans will love NTR games and like other games as well, but anyone who wants vanilla, or just doesnt like NTR wont touch them.

As for the bet, I think he'll reach 5k as long as he sticks to it and maybe works on the story (If he needs a writer, I know a few), you'll be waiting a while though.

Also Gates will have NTR eventually.

Reactions: freedom.call

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
NTR is not a setting building fetish (most of the times) like for example incest. Regardless of those who don't like it, NTR is so natural it fits everywhere just like anal, boob fetish etc. therefore NTR players don't have issues with playing vanilla games cuz you never know if it will appear. The other way is a bit different but not all that much - those who really hate it won't play the game with it unless vanilla route is enticing enough. The case is that those who hate it isn't really all that much. NTR is based on negative emotions and some people (especially with real-life experience) will be very vocal about it. It's game quality and gameplay that mostly decide how high game can grow. The most popular games of pre-patreon era had NTR and the game that was arguably the most popular some time ago on Patreon (Big Brother) had it as well from early on. The Engagement is a renpy VN in an oversaturated market so it can't reach higher tiers easily if at all. It also has some problem with pacing and characters development but those can be improved over time. The only thing that makes it stand out is it focus on NTR and really nice female models but I doubt it can achieve more than 1,5-2K$ at this point. It's really not that bad nowadays cuz most games can't reach 500$ and every dev has a ceiling when it comes to how much he can earn.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Dunno why everyone complains about these NTR games, pure comedy.
First time I got ditched because of a shower.
Mr. Dildo...I'm comiiiiiiing! :p

Edelvays

Jan 3, 2018
Money≠quality. You can easily see the difference between the two threads in not only reviews, but general attitude. As for why it makes more I would say its primarily 2 reasons, Marketing, and the NTR community. First one doesn't need to be explained, the second does. The NTR community, while being home to one of the most divisive fetishes, is also one of the most dedicated. They will attach themselves to any game because they don't have a lot of games that cater to their fetish, as opposed to something like incest which there's A LOT of games for.

Which leads me to this, while a lot of the NTR community will support you almost no matter what, because of how NTR works and how divisive it is, its going to turn off a lot of potential Patreons. Even if its made 100% optional a lot people will see that it has NTR and walk away right there, so the there will be a wall he wont be able to cross eventually. This is the situation Seeds of Chaos have found themselves in, they make a absolutely great job at everything in the game, from CG to writing, but they've hit this wall.
Dunno about Seeds of Chaos, if it's avoidable, i don't see a problem with that. I don't like NTR at all, but i love femdom and enjoy vanilla, so i'm very excited for every Seed of Chaos release coz it has a lot of a great content besides NTR stuff. And, i think, a lot of ppl thinks the same.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Can you have all the girls or no girl?
I came in thinking "i'll take all the girls please"....

Then I found out they were all schizophrenic lunatics and decided to have a burger instead. The other guys are welcome to them, I value my sanity too much.

The men stealing the women here aren't doing NTR they are doing a community service.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Added v1.2.0 Beta to OP.

Thanks to the Notorious Jack Raven.

Rageshot

Aug 6, 2018
is there NTR for the actual Girlfriend yet? last time i played was great but it only had it for the other girl at that point if i remember correctly

2.30 star(s) 44 Votes