Unity Abandoned The Eternal Feast [v0.1.0] [Yron Vol]

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
There's a new scene entitled Portaea's game that got released on Nov. 4th. Does anyone have it or do we have to put up a request? Thank you in advance.

May 30, 2017
Hmm, i like the game but the dev. is such a slow one.. i don't want to waste my Money on something that may have a update in 2 years from now. At the start i thought that i could pledge but now i don't want to. This guy milks Money from patreon.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
I have a feeling the new scene has probably as much content in it as the others, which ain't much. Now that Patreon has changed its policies regarding adult content I have a feeling we're going to see even less. Can't people become patreons for a month in order to gain access to the downloads and then cancelt it so it doesn't charge in the next month?

I haven't always agreed with GreenGoblin but I have to give it to them that progress is way too slow to justify a monthly Patreon sub. People are basically paying to see a new art post every week and a new scene every few months or so. Not worth it IMO. The payment model should be changed to pay-by-upload, otherwise its just milking.

A couple of months ago the author stated they had suffered a bout of depression and that is why TEF was nearly halted. I can sympathize with that but at the same time I'm not sure I like the idea of TEF (or any patreon project for that matter) turning into a "disability fund" collector, for months on end. Its not what people payed for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wooloomooloo

lordukk

May 21, 2017
the game looks good and it's certainly a unique concept but last update was in nov and it was only an intro then (I haven't played it)

edit: looking at his Patreon it seems the creator has had some personal issues, hopefully we'll start seeing some new content soon

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Would be very appreciated if someone shared new patreon posts "Demo details", . And few previous.
His last post PUBLIC
Yron Vol
Jun 8 at 6:14pm

Interface design complete
The new interface design & layout is almost finished. As the writing is also going very well, we’re nearing the point where we can re-start the actual development (coding the backend)!

Let me know what you think (and don't worry, I'll explain what everything does soon).
- Vol

Reactions: nln0

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
POST PUBLIC 23 MAY
Yron Vol
May 23 at 7:23pm
May update
Darklings,
An update on the state of things! I’ve mostly been busy with the game’s design, the interface, and getting through TEF’s biggest writing commission yet, which is in its final revisions stage. All the info below.

Front page update
When I had to switch between artists I was forced to shift into a direction that revolved more around text and voice-acting, and less on art. That meant we needed a game with a bit more ‘meat’ in the features department, which partially meant it was back to the drawing board. A lot of the features that will be in the new TEF are now established, and you can read about them on the Patreon page.

If the front-page features are still a little vague don’t worry, I’ll dive into each one in the short future to showcase exactly what TEF is about.

Interface
With a new direction came a new interface design. I had already done some exploratory work on what could work for the new TEF direction, but in my 2nd round I made a lot of improvements on my initial take. The new TEF interface will have two modes that look very different. The story mode is all about immersing you in the writing, voice-acting and the many choices you have to make; as such the interface for that mode is very minimal. The codex mode is all about indulgence in the game’s lore and characters; the interface for this mode comes with art you can undress, voice samples for characters, and of course the usual detailed writing.

Above - The game's story mode will be very minimal to allow players to get lost in the role-playing. Note that the current design is just to show what element goes where, it's not meant to look pretty.

Above - The game's inspection mode will allow for in-depth reading on characters, places and objects, and will feature art that can be undressed and sound clips.

I can understand that the above images may not make sense for everyone. If so bear with me, I’m working on a video that showcases a lot of this.

Writing
The scene in Portaea’s shard is about 98% done. All that is needed are a few final revisions and it’s a wrap. I have to say that the scene turned out pretty damn nice. We managed to focus on the game’s main storyline, while still pushing in a lot of sexy stuff like Cockslaves taking turns, the worship of Incubi cock, exerting dominance over your Sevilla, and a demonstration of a TEF Succubi in action.

Above - A sample from the Portaea scene that catches the mood well without spoiling too much.

As this scene is the climax of chapter 1, we can now go back to doing some fun and small content, like the first use of a Cockslave or Pleasure Doll. For us this is less stressful, as these scenes have far less variables and thus fewer revisions.

Art
Our artist Pablo has a 3 month gig for a well-known game company I can’t name (hint: fighting games and blue fireballs). He won’t be working for TEF during that time, but will return to us immediately after. For us that means we’ll focus more on writing for the time being, which is actually totally fine with me. After his hiatus he will finish Mara and Silke, and before the year is over at least 4 more characters. At the end of year we’ll thus be at 8 character pieces, a fine number to launch a public demo, and as such I’m not at all worried.

Hangout
The first hang out session on Discord is this Saturday. I’ll post the exact time on the day. I’ll try and find a slot that is rather late for Europeans, so people from the US and around can also join in. Anyone who supports TEF can come and hang out, and it’s mostly just watching me write briefings for our writer and talking to you guys about what would be cool (and just chit-chat of course).

That’s it for today! Thoughts and questions are always welcome.

- Vol

Reactions: nln0

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
Since they changed artists, the characters in the Pre-pics of the OP don't look like that anymore? :FeelsBadMan: Or are they drawn by the new one? In that case :FeelsGoodMan:

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
Since they changed artists, the characters in the Pre-pics of the OP don't look like that anymore? :FeelsBadMan: Or are they drawn by the new one? In that case :FeelsGoodMan:
I think the characters still look more or less the same just with different artistic strokes. Also, I very much doubt the old art is going to be used. First of all, it would create a conflict with the old artist, plus the styles are different enough to be jarring and immersion breaking... then there are the costs associated with re-doing it all.

The developer moved away from the old format precisely to cut down on the expenses as art usually takes about half of any videogame budget and what the developer makes right now on Patreon isn't nearly enough to hire any respectable artist that is willing to draw hardcore erotica... let alone tackling other costs associated with these projects.

Here's what it comes down to: Patreon says he makes ~750$, he basically needs 2-3 months just to make a months' worth of progres. It's BS really. Hidden gems like these, that offer something different, with quality, get shit all for funding. Meanwhile, the vast majority of games in Patreon are nothing but carbon copies of some other title, crappy in all aspects and a milking machine... but people pour money into those like they need it to survive.

Reactions: Heliophorus

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
I think the characters still look more or less the same just with different artistic strokes.
Well yeah ofcourse, the (forgot her name) Queen of the world you were brought to probably isn't going to look like a innocent nun just because of the new artist, what I rather meant will it still lean towards this rather realistic (compared to other games) artstyle or is the new artist the classic hentai-artist with this anime-ish style look to it. Kind of worded my post badly in that regard. But what I've seen from Patreon, the art more or less looks the same-ish. But I think you can def. see which are from the new one.

(Sorry for this big-ass picture, I don't know how to make it smaller.)

This is a rather new one and if we compare it to the pictures in the OP, there's a noticable difference. The difference being, the new ones give me HEAVY 3D-Render vibes, whilst the old ones are just HQ-art. Maybe I'm just looking way into this, but look at the blond girls head, it looks so 3D-rendered. There's just something off-putting about the new artstyle, if this is the new one, which I think it is.

About the "hidden Gems" earning bare minimum through Patreon whilst other basic, often even trash games earn thousands per month : Yeah, it's sad. Good example would be ECOL (Elena Champion of Lust), that's 7000 per month for what looks like middle-school art. FeelsBadMan.

IvoryOwl

Mar 29, 2017
@EpicReee
I don't think the artist has settled for a particular flair yet. Take a look at these two:

Not that I mind the one you posted, mind you. Of all the 3, I think I'd settle for that one. But there's a caveat - when you make something extremely realistic, like a 3D render, it becomes harder to associate it with the horrible, depraved monster the developer wants us to see. It all comes down to the personality, atmosphere and lore of the game at that point.

It might just be that I have a bias towards aliens and abominations... or maybe I just think the game is meant to look like Lovecraft, H.R. Giger and Hellraiser had a threesome and from that a progeny was conceived that still manages to look alluring (or human) enough to be interesting.

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
Not that I mind the one you posted, mind you. Of all the 3, I think I'd settle for that one. But there's a caveat - when you make something extremely realistic, like a 3D render, it becomes harder to associate it with the horrible, depraved monster the developer wants us to see. It all comes down to the personality, atmosphere and lore of the game at that point.
As you may see in my signature, I dislike 3D Renders, you know, the 3D stuff that "plagues" F95 and the western scene in general. That's why I was a bit worried about the pic I posted, since it comes considerably close to a 3D render, which would drastically lower the enjoyment I'd get from Eternal Feast. The 2 pics you posted, especially the first one, is topnotch. If the artist settles on this, this might be GOTY material for the art alone.

And by the way,
bias towards aliens and abominations
+
still manages to look alluring (or human)
is exactly why I'm interested in this game in the first place, I fully understand you.

Alien / Abomination (Maybe abomination is a bit too harsh) but still looking human, that's the good stuff.

Pandaknight

Sep 29, 2017
That second pic is quite simply fantastic, did that other scene from a while back end up getting posted?

I'd love to see this game take off, it has some real promise to it.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote