HTML Abandoned The eWardrobe [v0.6.4] [brickdoorway]

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes

Proto Persona

Jan 23, 2018
The writing is still blatantly contrived like all of these games. The very nature of the ewardrobe itself is nonsensical. If one plays to avoid being turned into a sissy or girl or femboy or whatever the author is trying to make the pc turn into then the faults all become annoyingly apparent.
Why would you play a sissification game to avoid being a sissy?

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
Why would you play a sissification game to avoid being a sissy?
Why would someone who wants that be playing this game in the first place? This is like the people who play Interns of Ecstasy Island and complain that you can't stay a guy, when the transformation is the entire point.
Why would you play a game to lose? The player character at the beginning moves to the town to start a new life away from his parents that want to send him somewhere. At no point in the beginning does he seem like he has gender dysphoria or hates being a guy. He wants to play video games, he wants to get a g/f and the game (if it was a game) is constantly putting up obstacles to his goal(s) in the way of the ewardrobe and silly events like his male clothes constantly getting screwed up due to some contrivance or another. It kind of reminds me of the whole game-over-rape games. The players want sex scenes but in order to get them you have to lose which is the antithesis of game play.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Why would you play a game to lose?
You keep missing the point that various members have been pointing out. If you don't want your character to be transformed then DO NOT PLAY A GAME WITH A TRANSFORMATION TAG. Is that clear enough for you? The transformation tag almost always means that a game has FORCED TRANSFORMATION, and every game on this site that has both the transformation and sissification tags is a forced transformation game. You knew going in what sort of game this is as it is made very clear by the tags and the OP, and then you played it anyway. So you really have no grounds to complain (whine) that the game doesn't play like you wish it would. You don't like the design of the game. Point made. Now go away and shut up, and let the rest of us who do like this game enjoy it. Please.

Centrophy

Dec 2, 2017
You keep missing the point that various members have been pointing out. If you don't want your character to be transformed then DO NOT PLAY A GAME WITH A TRANSFORMATION TAG. Is that clear enough for you? The transformation tag almost always means that a game has FORCED TRANSFORMATION, and every game on this site that has both the transformation and sissification tags is a forced transformation game. You knew going in what sort of game this is as it is made very clear by the tags and the OP, and then you played it anyway. So you really have no grounds to complain (whine) that the game doesn't play like you wish it would. You don't like the design of the game. Point made. Now go away and shut up, and let the rest of us who do like this game enjoy it. Please.
Got it, hugbox and sycophants only.

Secondly, that's false, many games or stories have ways to resist. This isn't one of them and I'm giving my opinion that I find the way it keeps the player on the railroads contrived is all. It can be done well and I find the way this games does it as silly. You don't have to read my posts, bucko. Well, I've given my 2 pence. I'll leave you to your circle jerk before the mods show up.

• Angry
Reactions: youngethan

aliceee

Mar 20, 2018
Last post from the creator on patreon is oct 28, does anyone have any news about any new update coming or communication from the dev on discord or something? or has the dev gone AWOL?

Reactions: lewdviticus

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
Last post from the creator on patreon is oct 28, does anyone have any news about any new update coming or communication from the dev on discord or something? or has the dev gone AWOL?
Between the new baby and the depression I wouldn't expect him back anytime soon if ever. But who knows maybe when the baby starts sleeping through the night he might have the energy to work on it again.

aliceee

Mar 20, 2018
Between the new baby and the depression I wouldn't expect him back anytime soon if ever. But who knows maybe when the baby starts sleeping through the night he might have the energy to work on it again.
Didn't even know he/she had a baby, and guessing they'll eventually come back and continue this if that's the case, thanks for the info <3

taler

Oct 5, 2017

Secondly, that's false, many games or stories have ways to resist. This isn't one of them and I'm giving my opinion that I find the way it keeps the player on the railroads contrived is all. It can be done well and I find the way this games does it as silly. You don't have to read my posts, bucko. Well, I've given my 2 pence. I'll leave you to your circle jerk before the mods show up.
No man it's just a game for masochists dude. It's built into the whole conceit.

zuckerfish

Mar 18, 2019

People who feel the need to insult make me sad.
To each its own.

Aug 25, 2019
The creator posted on patreon on Jul 1st that it isnt going to be finished. I dont know why since im not subbed i can just read that much from the thumbnail so does anyone have the full post/reason???

Reactions: aliceee

Mystkeeper

Dec 19, 2018
Brick Doorway said:
Hi everyone,

The eWardrobe is not going to be finished. It was never my intention to start this project without seeing it through to the end, but events in my personal life have removed any possibility of me continuing to work on the game.

Thank you to everyone who supported this effort. I'm so sorry to disappoint you.

There will be a final technical update coming that fixes lingering bugs and errors. It will be posted on Patreon and on TFGS at the same time. I don't have a timeline yet.

Thank you to Kazeto, Daviezwei, Fredricton, Darkstar666, and everyone else who worked hard to make The eWardrobe what it is. It couldn't have gotten to this point without you.

-brick

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
Thanks for the update. At least he came back and made things clear still I'm disappointed we wont get to play any more of the story.

Reactions: youngethan

BeccaBoo

Apr 21, 2018
That is such a shame, fantastic writing and a great idea for a story. I just wish Brick all the very best for the future and thank you Brick for such a wonderful story.

aliceee

Mar 20, 2018
Really hope that the dev can pass on the torch to someone else that would maybe like to continue the story, it's a great game and sad to see it end without a complete ending

4.90 star(s) 9 Votes