3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
It turns out that this game is not abandoned. The new version will be released in the middle of March as aorrta said.
Good to know, one of the few of this type that was actually good in my opinion.

FalseOath

Jan 30, 2018
It turns out that this game is not abandoned. The new version will be released in the middle of March as Aorrta said.
He's gotta be one of the most, if not the most, inconsistent when it comes to update release dates. Before, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to defend his actions. Not gonna happen again.

Reactions: Hadgar and Walg

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
So how long will it take to release?:unsure:
Depends on which side of the fence you sit on. If you believe his word to be true then the "mid-March" release means maybe a release in a few weeks. If you look at it based on his past performance of "I'll release soon" then "Sorry I have to delay", you'd hope for an early 2020 (Maybe 2nd half 2019) release. Assuming he releases.

Reactions: Furuichi Imadori

fictitious

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
He had top tier renders. They're now just "very good". The previews are still good but so many devs have now caught up it really depends on how much detail Aorrta can put together. There's a number of devs making the move over to Octane and that's improved both speed and detail quality tremendously.

You're welcome! Great to see you appreciate it. I'm just doing my very small part :)
I'm really curious, which devs/games have comparable or better renders?

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
I dunno why a fan made walkthrough was posted, when there is already an official walkthrough in their website. I updated the OP. let me know if I was wrong.

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Easy four to say are Dr Pink, Philly Games, MrJet and Erosion where it's not a contest/debate. Then there's Joraell, Stoper, Lewdlab and Hopes Gaming where some might argue but, personally, they're easily better than Aorrta.

I've named 8 and that's just the start. Don't get me wrong Aorrta's still got quality but that's no longer a point of difference for his VN compared against the ones above.

Deleted member 216027

Sep 24, 2017
Aorrta doesn't have the best renders anymore, but the transitions no one does like him (well, at least I didn't play a game with transitions so well made like that, so far) Not trying to defend him or anything tho, he's still a fucking shitty and irresponsible dev

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Aorrta doesn't have the best renders anymore, but the transitions no one does like him (well, at least I didn't play a game with transitions so well made like that, so far) Not trying to defend him or anything tho, he's still a fucking shitty and irresponsible dev
Not even AL or BADIK's transitions? Dr Pink does those pretty damn well.

Reactions: DrackDrap

Deleted member 216027

Sep 24, 2017
Not even AL or BADIK's transitions? Dr Pink does those pretty damn well.
Pink's transitions are very funny and well chosed indeed! I was talking more about the effects and soundtracks that Aorrta puts on his transitions that I don't see in any other game. But if you ask me, I def prefer Pink's ones :)

Reactions: DrackDrap

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Pink's transitions are very funny and well chosed indeed! I was talking more about the effects and soundtracks that Aorrta puts on his transitions that I don't see in any other game. But if you ask me, I def prefer Pink's ones :)
That's fair. Aorrta's aren't bad overall but to be fair transitions aren't something that many are going to pay attention to/care about. For those that do care, they're not bad.

It's just a shame that this is one of the heights of wasted potential (Team Erosion's very close to joining that very illustrious list) which could easily be fixed by a few small simple things. Look at the defenders of Vequil. That could've been Aorrta too if it weren't for a few things.

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
the fuck, why is everybody fat ?
you know i prefer devs like aorta who drop an update and then disappear for months without a word compared to someones that feed bullshit excuses every 2 weeks, how they got attacked by godzilla and a volcano erupted in their backyard so their patreons can cling onto hope that the dev is doing actual work.

Pedro121

Jun 4, 2017
He's gotta be one of the most, if not the most, inconsistent when it comes to update release dates. Before, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to defend his actions. Not gonna happen again.

Yeah, the 2nd update alone were, like, 3 deadlines missed. That was around when he was making $1K dollars per month and went down around $700. I'll trust him when he becomes consistent. Words alone are never enough.

Polyrotix's Reincarnotica is SO GOOD though. I mean, the presentation alone and then the music and such. It was a unique gem to find or my standards are just lower cause of the amount of low quality gobbo games I've been playing.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Easy four to say are Dr Pink, Philly Games, MrJet and Erosion where it's not a contest/debate. Then there's Joraell, Stoper, Lewdlab and Hopes Gaming where some might argue but, personally, they're easily better than Aorrta.

I've named 8 and that's just the start. Don't get me wrong Aorrta's still got quality but that's no longer a point of difference for his VN compared against the ones above.

Thanks for mentioned me. :)

But to be honest. His renders looks better. Better work with post production and lightings at all (most devs using really bad lighting) and histhat interiors looks really good made and detailed. :) And That is not offten that I must say:
Wow this guy know very well what he is doing in rendering.

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Thanks for mentioned me. :)

But to be honest. His renders looks better. Better work with post production and lightings at all (most devs using really bad lighting) and histhat interiors looks really good made and detailed. :) And That is not offten that I must say:
Wow this guy know very well what he is doing in rendering.
I think you do better with color distribution (Sure that might be due to hardware but it's about exploiting the hardware) and sure he might have more detailed backgrounds but DoF just takes that away. I can't really say much about post till I've seen his originals to really notice the changes (I don't use Daz so I don't know how the originals are coming out).

As I said you could put an argument but to me, your overall renders are better although Aorrta is pretty good with rendering. I wouldn't say Aorrta's are right at the very top though.

Reactions: Joraell

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
By the look of the new recent picture on his patreon, looks like he's overhaul the whole games, which I support that decision. The last one have silly game mechanic. Of course no communication is dumb, but as majority white knight said in this site, if Developer want to be asshole, irresponsible and do as they like, it's their freedom and we have no rights to objection.

StarINFire

Sep 7, 2018
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\TheSecret-0.1.2.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\TheSecret-0.1.2.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 510, in main
renpy.display.core.Interface()
File "D:\TheSecret-0.1.2.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1614, in __init__
renpy.audio.audio.init()
File "D:\TheSecret-0.1.2.2-pc\renpy\audio\audio.py", line 801, in init
renpysound.init(renpy.config.sound_sample_rate, 2, bufsize, False)
File "renpysound.pyx", line 192, in renpy.audio.renpysound.init
File "renpysound.pyx", line 61, in renpy.audio.renpysound.check_error
Exception: DirectSoundCreate: No audio device found

3.00 star(s) 46 Votes